Favorite guitarist Yea Forums?

Favorite guitarist Yea Forums?

Attached: guitarist.jpg (760x760, 145.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wGr9S3GJd_0
youtube.com/watch?v=nlEfyMoR49M
youtube.com/watch?v=DDOIL5OqvYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Adam Jones probably

Taj Farrant ( currently just 12 years old )
youtube.com/watch?v=wGr9S3GJd_0

Attached: Ozzy-Osbourne-Randy-Rhoads-Tribute.jpg (1007x884, 173.55K)

Gilmour

You ever hear of Rory Gallagher? I'm 40 and just heard of this guy. Seems like he's a legend everywhere else except America for some reason. I think he might be my new favorite guitar player ever. I'm not even kidding, check this song called "Bad Penny" out, he's doing it live in like 1982.

youtube.com/watch?v=nlEfyMoR49M

Favorite guitarist? That's a tough question.

People give Metallica shit but James Hetfield was and is extraordinarily talented.

I saw him in San Diego in the mid-70's when I was a little kid I was blown away, and have listened to his albums ever since. Rory opened for Rod Stewart (Mom's fav at the time) and I fell asleep.

Attached: Rory-Gallagher.jpg (530x750, 60.34K)

based

Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Frusciante, Adam Jones & Marc Okubo

He was and still is, great rhythm guitarist in his own right but you got dudes like jason becker, steve vai, buckethead, john 5, guthrie. I forgot his full name but you got some INSANE guitarists out there.

Devin "Literally a God" Townsend

Attached: devin-townsend.jpg (980x653, 85.17K)

Randy Rhoads

Fucking based

Hilariously he’s a better guitar player than Kirk

I guess mt favorite guitarist would be chet atkins. Not because I listened to all his material and am a nut, but because for his time and era, even now, he was an exceptional guitarist. His signature finger picking arpeggio based playing is unmatched.

I prefer skullet Devy

Attached: 170px-Devin_Townsend.jpg (170x256, 11.35K)

Attached: s-l400.jpg (300x400, 26.56K)

Herman Li

Kirk is probably a better drummer than lars. Kirk is lead so he doesnt have to carry the weight of metallica when it comes to song writing. Just adding memorable solos and leads, contributing a riff or two every once in a while

Best Devy album right here.

Attached: Devin_Townsend_Project_-_Transcendence_2016.jpg (300x300, 48K)

there's more to playing guitar than just shredding fast notes... look at Michael Angelo Baito, dude's stupidly fast, but all he ever does is minor chord arpeggios

Dick hole

Trujillo is a hell of a flamenco guitarist, and likely the best guitarist in the band

Attached: howard duane.png (897x526, 210.48K)

I 100 percent agree, but jason becker is more than a shredder, he is a virtuoso in his own right. You got robert johnson, chet atkins, george harrison, pink floyd guy roger waters or david gilmour. John lennon wasn't a bad guitarist either. If we're talking guitarists and not exclusively metal, focusing on rhythm.

solid choice. The Irish Hendrix.

Checkem but trujillo is gay and not based.
The guitarist from suicidal tendencies is a good contender.

I have to disagree.

Attached: Epicloud_album_cover.jpg (325x306, 18.61K)

Soyjak face

excuse me sirs

Attached: R (2).jpg (1000x1000, 609.42K)

I agree. Metallica is great but I have no idea why Trujillo would not be a lead guitarist. He’s by far the most skilled in.

True, but all of Metallica's good songs were written by Burton or Mustaine any way

Lil Wayne

He's just there having fun and soaking up the cash

who?

based Violent Femmes fan

Duane allman

>blackened
>one
>harvester of sorrow
>the frayed ends of sanity
Pretty sure neither Dave nor Cliff had any part in writing those

I was able to see him live, once!! He was amazing.

ME

Based

Gordon Gano you gay nigger

discovered him just after his death. check out roy buchanon

I'd have to disagree but agree to a certain extent. While both mustaine or burton were in the band was when they made great music. When dave got kicked out they got kirk and still have cliff, they were young, hungry, and full of aggression kickstarting their own genre. They were innovators, then the 90s happened. Metallica became a brand that was parodying themselves, they essentially went from thrashers leading the underground, to big rock stars selling stadium rock, then a bar band making soft rock, to a wannabe nu metal band trying to fit in with the youth and the trend, to trying to "get back to their roots" to appease the fans but honestly? I'd give it to sabbath for the "made one final album that holds up well and stays true to the roots" award cause they started metal. 13 wasn't a bad project, whereas hardwired to self destruct is tacky. They are in there 40s and 50s, if they were anymore bloated and wrinkly it would just be terrible to see. Grown men trying to relive their glory days

I once figured out the route Duane was taking when he had his fatal accident, and it was very, very short, which made me think: "WTF was your hurry, Duane?"

DICK DALE
KaNg Of ThE sUrF gUiTaR

Hipster

the father of thrash

Attached: dmustaine.jpg (661x826, 137.37K)

I take it you two fuck each other in the ass on a regular basis?

youtube.com/watch?v=DDOIL5OqvYs

I didnt entirely agree with him or disagree. AjFA and the black album werent bad to me. I checked out st anger and for metallica, it was terrible but as its own thing? Eh, i would give it decent. I liked it, but metallica became a parody of itself

Bireli Lagrene

You lucky bastard.

Why type it like that and out yourself as a reddit fag? Kill yourself

>fpbp

Too bad about the nerve damage in her fingers. At least she's alive.

Attached: LionaBoyd.jpg (2219x2820, 523.71K)

takes one to know one, fag

He actually opened for Julie Andrews. My mother wanted to see Andrews, but when I saw Atkins was opening, I jumped at the chance.

I was able to see Zappa, Jerry Garcia (57x), BB King (3x) and Eubie Blake. Eubie is not a guitar player, but I think it's really cool that I saw him.

matt 'big nose' bellamy

Attached: Matt_Bellamy_-_Muse_in_Chile_2008.png (600x450, 535.15K)

yeah not really. that comeback was weak. go try on straw fedoras at goodwill

josh homme

Nigel Tufnel

He was a reckless driver and was probably high asf at that time

Is that dolly parton pre surgery?
Based. Matt bellamy is great
Nice. What year was this? Not bad. Those are somw big names for good reasons. Bb king? Zappa? Jerry garcia? Damn user. You had a great time.