Does anyone else think kpop is absolute troglodyte burning femoid shit but think jpop is for simply the best alphas

does anyone else think kpop is absolute troglodyte burning femoid shit but think jpop is for simply the best alphas

Attached: 20143_lkntc3.jpg (1000x800, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-mKBpNsuCU
youtu.be/pXT3EzdQvak
youtube.com/watch?v=2ntAjsYyAgs
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4uJN0LYdroehRLi9K2RnJYI1fSMsWzD_
youtube.com/watch?v=BW5gNz6-wM0&list=PLRPY307hhMASLvEMlyBSeDhgkMdcavJZt&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=gPVqGdY237k&list=PLRPY307hhMASLvEMlyBSeDhgkMdcavJZt&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=ycdDHP7QfWo
youtube.com/watch?v=lSj0XxGf5u4
youtube.com/watch?v=faros0LRBoA&
youtube.com/watch?v=F4oHuML9U2A
youtube.com/watch?v=3K38Fc1SV5c
youtube.com/watch?v=-z3iyydFevQ
discogs.com/es/E-Pak-Sa-vs-Denki-Groove-Hirake-Pon-chak/release/2921286
youtube.com/watch?v=p7CdFFOoJ7A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d59boCs31uM
youtube.com/watch?v=XsnxU8QwJwI
youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0FJmWKGFs
youtube.com/watch?v=n8C_j9IGT7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only virgin incels listen to jpop

No, you're just a weeb

I'd say J-pop as a whole is better than K-pop, but it hasn't been great since Yasutaka Nakata broke down. K-pop these days is killing J-pop; J-pop producers are simply behind the curve in terms of sound.

jpop has only one good producer: nakata. everything else is crap. only weebs who don't listen to anything other than anime music think it's great.

>Nakata broke down
what?? :(

cpop > jpop >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kp*p

Kpop is formulaic assembly line consumer product crap that mindlessly apes american popular music, the only appeal is the sex appeal of the performers and the behind the scenes drama as is evident from the threads on here. Jpop is at least somewhat unique and original in that typically Japanese way of reconceptualizing western ideas, show me one thing in kpop on par with momoiro clover z or necronomidol.

This

t. ching chong xin xong lee

The girls in kpop look a lot better though, especially the japanese ones

Attached: mina2.webm (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Jpop is bad, but JRock and JRap are godtier

youtube.com/watch?v=f-mKBpNsuCU

>this is considered good
>the absolute state of jpop

what American pop music is this song imitating?
youtu.be/pXT3EzdQvak

>still no reply
typical

I mean, South Korea doesn't really have any musical background. They just copied the USA popstar method and some of the Japanese idol method and went with it. Kpop is more western-flavored than Jpop.
Jpop has a rich history of many decades having a big and lively scene.
South Korea doesn't have something like YMO, for example.
Also, reminder that South Korean government actually invests tax money to promote Kpop overseas (it's the reason why kpop is popular in the west), Japan doesn't really care about selling their music overseas unless there's a huge demand.

t.nanking apologist

Why do americans care so much about nanking that they always bring it up?

American education pretends to care about Nanking to excuse the nukes.
>Yeah, the nukes were bad, but there was no other choice!! Also Japanese were, like EVIL! rape of nanking!
Chinese soldiers were already murdering and raping chinese civilians before Japanese arrived. In fact, there's many chinese testimonies saying the japs were more human than the chinks, lel.

>jap girls raised in korea look 100x better

Attached: 1529828258304.png (1920x1280, 1.3M)

/thread

Why did you post a Texan roastie

kpop has better idols than jpop

>Yeah, the nukes were bad
Nope, they were great, and two weren't enough

This. The only cute Japanese idols are kpoppers

I dont see why it has such a large appeal to western audiences considering we were doing the same shit with pop in the early 2000s I dont understand why kpop stans are acting like this genre is some groundbreaking shit I dont absolutely despise it but I do think its just generic by the numbers pop but in korean and I cant really speak on jpop cause I only really listen to City Pop from the 80s which isnt really the same

his stuff is garbage now. see perfume's newest album. he lost his roots and takes too much i influence from zoomers like banvox and teddyloid. he unironically thinks futurepop sounds good and keeps producing it

probably since western pop has gone to shit since then

They were very coward, they just nuked civilians.
At least Pearl Harbor was against the burger military (and it was great, lol)

>I dont see why it has such a large appeal to western audiences
see:
They forced it until it sticked.

>we were doing the same shit with pop in the early 2000s
Absolutely atrocious post

>City Pop from the 80s which isnt really the same
don't fall for the RYM meme. city pop was a fad that everyone, EVERYONE was doing. bands, solo male artists, solo female artists, idols, everyone. it is j-pop, it's just a specific sound.

so its just a sub genre then, ok I can agree with that

>kpop; i don't get it just koreans copying early 2000s
>citypop; i don't get it just japanese copying early 80s

but city pop was during early 80s.

i just get a little annoyed cause some people there get so elitist trying to separate the two, and i have no idea why? will never forget the one time this sperg there went on this whole spiel about how city pop was much more "mature" than j-pop, having a completely different audience. he then proceeds to link to...
youtube.com/watch?v=2ntAjsYyAgs
seiko is literally the blue print for female idols

SM came to power making a jpop star though, then adapted japanese idol system into a system much like how colleges do now (debt burden and slave contracts) so you could say he combined the best/worst of US/JP - after studying in the US and seeing MJ/Madonna commercialize music.

Attached: R-1529519-1226331094.jpeg[1].jpg (600x510, 87K)

They took it to the extreme with slave contracts, not everyone was treated poorly obviously, but in 2001 an idol called Ami Suzuki sued Sony Japan and won. Even though she got blacklisted it still set a pretty big precedent behind the scenes.
It's still kinda shocking to me just how K-pop companies consider their idols so disposable. The fact that major groups like 2NE1, 4Minute, SISTAR, etc. just literally disband through a press release, huge difference compared to Japan's "graduation" system.

both countries got liberated relatively near the same time, and KR was under dictator rule only until a few decades ago - there's tons of issues corruption left over KR going from the poorest to one of the richest countries in an incredibly short time - see burning sun;

it's not really different than how record labels used to screw over artists in the west though maybe not on the same scale.

differences with idols vs musicians is that the agency 'makes the star' and there's tons of bodies available to fill the role.

To anybody interested this is a good example of pre-kpop Korean pop music. This was supposedly made to keep truck drivers up during long haul drives and used to be kind of a meme in the old music blogspot days

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4uJN0LYdroehRLi9K2RnJYI1fSMsWzD_

Attached: epaksa_encyclopida.gif (321x455, 99K)

The music is nothing to go home about but the perfomances, girls, and group choreo are top tier in an entertainment aspect. These girls train as young as 10 to debut at an older age. It's all they know.

>denki groove
Wait, what?

performance is the main trait seeing music for them really spread when they finally got national broadcast tv, so unlike records/radios in the west their main medium was stuff akin to star search

"It's okay when Japan does it" is unironically correct. I can watch japanese reality tv and listen to japanese pop music and still not want to kill myself.

Attached: 1556325839448.png (601x589, 630K)

>pre-kpop korean music

youtube.com/watch?v=BW5gNz6-wM0&list=PLRPY307hhMASLvEMlyBSeDhgkMdcavJZt&index=5

youtube.com/watch?v=gPVqGdY237k&list=PLRPY307hhMASLvEMlyBSeDhgkMdcavJZt&index=27

secret korean denki groove

she deserves to get bent over

>pre-kpop korean music
youtube.com/watch?v=ycdDHP7QfWo

Please post some cpop I've never even heard any

Is that a book with a denki groove prologue or something?
That picture of the guy with the blue sky on the back also remind me of some takkyu ishino pics, guess it was a parody.

>doesn't actually listen to kpop

stay in your little weeb bubble and keep listening to your autistic mario music

>north korea
fuck off user

>South Korean government actually invests tax money to promote Kpop overseas (it's the reason why kpop is popular in the west)

no it's popular because it's high production with good songs, good singers, good dancers, and entertaining personalities

it's an ad for japanese issues of epaksa albums, can't quite made out the text at this resolution but denki groove might have been involved in getting them released there

japan rehashes 70s/80s music from the west

youtube.com/watch?v=lSj0XxGf5u4

youtube.com/watch?v=faros0LRBoA&

taiwan also has a ton of good twee pop and pop rock bands

*hong kong not taiwan

here are some good k-pop songs from last year. this year has been kinda mediocre, some good stuff some terrible, but last year? it was like a scene. it was, like, no wave or shibuya kei. if 2018 k-pop was the only k-pop to exist, it would still go down in history. the music k-pop generals talk about is fine but as you said not focused on which music is the best, but rather which groups have the most hype. that's because k-pop fans don't deserve something as good as k-pop

youtube.com/watch?v=F4oHuML9U2A
youtube.com/watch?v=3K38Fc1SV5c
youtube.com/watch?v=-z3iyydFevQ

getting a VPN and going on Yea Forums is punk if you're Korean I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people in this thread were Korean, too bad we don't have those little flags like the other boards

Uhhh no???

There's also this
discogs.com/es/E-Pak-Sa-vs-Denki-Groove-Hirake-Pon-chak/release/2921286

Attached: takkyu.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Epaksa is the best

youtube.com/watch?v=p7CdFFOoJ7A

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d59boCs31uM

the korean music scene is abysmal. there barely is a live music scene and it's so weird, the fact that even their most popular singers can't even do nationwide tours

they "rehash" everything which is what makes the industry so different in the first place. i do not like a lot of current j-pop artists, but i can't think of many other countries where a yé-yé song could manage to hit top 10, despite the genre not being in trend at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=XsnxU8QwJwI

youtube.com/watch?v=HJ0FJmWKGFs

If you don't see how this could easily be Katy Perry or some shit, you need to branch out more. Seriously.

What you people are saying in this thread is a fucking joke.

Katy Perry's music, even compared to American pop music before it, is really dumbed down. It's like pop punk music without the guitars and intentionally sloppy. Some people might like that sound, but it's not what I want from pop music at all. Pop music should be good at what it's good at, not try to be good at something everyone else is doing. Her most recent record obviously has more work put into it, but it's bland and tedious, as if to prove the point that simple music can be better but it just makes me want to listen to someone who's not Katy Perry so great, "point proven". Also I don't especially like that I understand the lyrics, if the lyrics are dumb then I'd rather not understand them

both are bad retard

if you say femoid your argument is automatically wrong

blame the koreans for killing rock music
youtube.com/watch?v=n8C_j9IGT7Y

sounds like most anime music maybe more circus

link me a Katy Perry song that modulates like that