Dumping a Yea Forums folder I found from like 12 years ago when Yea Forums didn't suck as much

Dumping a Yea Forums folder I found from like 12 years ago when Yea Forums didn't suck as much.

Attached: 1187130418777.jpg (750x600, 65.26K)

Attached: shoes.jpg (470x657, 42.97K)

and that's what you start off with? the unfunniest faggot trash ever to exist? kill yourself.

Attached: 1188415692294.jpg (550x823, 63.41K)

brb being an hero

Attached: came.jpg (768x652, 154.94K)

Attached: shoes 2.jpg (350x1052, 89.72K)

Attached: go time.jpg (448x310, 34.46K)

Attached: butter.jpg (640x480, 78.78K)

Attached: rape.jpg (434x550, 79.43K)

Attached: wtf wtf.jpg (1772x1329, 333.79K)

Attached: uh wut.jpg (1047x735, 271.49K)

Attached: maine.jpg (423x410, 63.25K)

Attached: 1185772604041.jpg (377x614, 29.49K)

Attached: awesomest.jpg (360x250, 15.73K)

Attached: 1192001041858.jpg (350x262, 19.6K)

still waiting for something good

Attached: 1226657720507.jpg (635x480, 76.41K)

me from 12 years ago wasn't very funny apparently

Attached: 1227660802250.jpg (770x560, 204.55K)

Attached: babies.jpg (483x450, 80.48K)

Attached: al llook same.jpg (800x427, 51.23K)

Attached: lulz crush your mind.jpg (375x500, 41.27K)

Attached: iseewhereyourecomingfrom.jpg (750x600, 94.84K)

Attached: bongo phone.jpg (803x232, 47.09K)

Attached: abort.jpg (480x375, 67.81K)

it was a simpler time

Attached: 1225829864629.jpg (498x307, 144.35K)

Attached: 1228845333963.jpg (500x447, 156.73K)

The platform has always been garbage. You literally just grew up and got more pathetic.

Let's not pretend FB, Twitter, Reddit, Vines, TikTok, or anywhere else were any better
We had great moments because we shared something special here
/mlp/ threads were absolute cancer for example but at least anons were being creative and built upon each other's autism so we all felt included

blue hors best hors

thread after thread whining about how the golden era of Yea Forums was ruined by normies and it was just this trash

Attached: 1641838137739.gif (447x343, 558.63K)

Its was a different kind of garbage tho and there was much more variety. Any sense of creativity or community is gone now. Especially since Yea Forums got into the mainstream during the 2016 elections things went downhill. It's flooded with nothing but political shitflinging, ragebaiting and the same fap threads 24/7. People don't have fun here anymore, people aren't creative here anymore they are all just angry all the time.

Weirdly enjoyable thread. I used to be real scared coming here waaay back then. You never knew what you were gonna see

Based as fuck

What is funny now? This?

Attached: 83CA999B-16E9-40DE-B475-79D70AEC3699.jpg (900x993, 129.44K)

lurking

was not expecting this much nostalgia for chinchan

I remember the infographics, the ocd cringe, the social media cringe, the online support chat raids, the creative drawing threads, i remember the baww threads, i remember caturday, i remember the drug threads, i the combo threads, i remember the greentext threads, i remember the greentext threads that would end in some stupid shit like walking the dinosaur, i remember the games we used to play like risk, the word filters and triforcing.

All of this is gone, now its all biden this, trump that, hate trannies, social faps and bbc baiting. We've lost so much of what made this place special. This used to be a retreat for the social outcasts of every kind to stick together and be weird. now it's just endless culture war, its sad and tragic to watch.

the entire fucking internet is in a culture war right now dude

Yeah I know, it sucks. That shit ruins everything it touches. That's why I miss the old times.

Most of the type of threads you've named were either displaced to places like reddit where they got sanitized and moderated to the point they stopped being fun or demonized and hunted down until there was no one left to make them

This is so ironic, this places used to truly only enforce one rule : don't make it about yourself

Then came the identity specific hangouts and that's when we truly lost control. There was black Twitter, then Tumblr, and before we knew it the threads about bad relationships morphed into MGTOW, PUA, incels, the ones about huge problems no one talk about turned into pizzagate or overt racism, weird fetish threads had more and more dickgirls until nothing else remained. Worst part is, it all happened organically

Attached: 1606529389288.jpg (647x279, 40.12K)

If I had to deconstruct what made this place awesome, I'd say it was the attitude. Sure the jokes were lame but the mindset made it so fun. It was as cringy as Reddit's "yikes chonker doggo" running gags but on actually edgy subjects like feeling hopeless for the future, race relations, death of a loved one, becoming homeless, suicide, etc.

You can't just look back and call it shit, you had to experience it

If thats you idea of Yea Forums not sucking then you must have the most boring life ever, HA! HA!

Gr8 stuff, please continue. Refreshing to see funny shit on Yea Forums again instead of political nonsense and niggerdicks.

make Yea Forums random as fuck again. i'm into it.

You know, sometimes I wonder where all the people from back then went. Once in a while you notice one or two still hanging around here, but did the rest just transform into the shitty posters you see here most of the time? Did they just leave Yea Forums as they grew out of it or when they were overrun by the mainstream influx? Did they go to reddit, and never looked back? I wonder where all those anons from back then ended up. It feels like most of them are gone.

Yeah, the attitude was what made this place special. It was a place for outcasts of every kind to be themselves, no matter how weird or fucked in the head you were. No one cared about your sexuality or gender or skin color, everyone was just an user hanging out with other anons, doing whatever they felt like. People put in effort to entertain and amuse each other but also to help each other and fuck with each other. People were much less malicious than they are now, all the Racism was just edgy fun, not actual malicious white/black/whatever supremacy. We made a difference between Niggers and Black men, as well as Faggots and Gay men. This place was for the lulz, not for some agendas.

Lots of them probably did like M00T and cleaned up their act when they got a family or decent job. I know some moved to Reddit and Discord where they became some of the most cancerous people these cesspools have to offer. For example, some of the most obnoxious tranny mods used to be gamergate obsessed incels.

A while back, they dropped by every once in a while and said they just had moved deeper onto more obscure chan boards but I suspect those were mainly the CP posters. A bunch probably killed themselves because society just wasn't good to them. Most of us are probably oldfags who haven't made good OC in years.

moot isn't capitalized, faggot.

Well put, this place was great because it wasn't who you were that mattered but what you said and how you acted

Pretty sure it was last time I saw his tripcode

Nothing is done solely for the lulz any more.

I think last time someone tried it was the area 51 raid and it got way too big so authorities got shit scared

I still lurk from time to time and as one user put it old Yea Forums you had to experience, also the game

>Most of us are probably oldfags who haven't made good OC in years.

Yeah, it feels like no one even wants OC anymore. Every try is ignored and quickly buried beneath the same repetitive threads. I fucking loved those threads where you just had a prompt for drawing shit (like the one with a princess on the other side of a deep pit and how you would get over there.) There use to be dozens of anons just drawing shit, nowadays these threads die with with about 10 replies and no contributions. Instead you get the same fucking soulless soyjacks reposted endlessly. Creativity just vanished. It makes me sad. I want efg threads back, they were fireworks of creative entertainment, with everyone gathering around to enjoy the spectacle together.

this

Waiting for OP to deliver more, come on.

So, is that it? I mean, it sounds a lot like the Bezmenov demoralization subversion meme that got demonized because /pol/ shared it a lot.

Sometimes I feel like it was more than just a meme and the subversion was real but I wouldn't assert it 100% because it would have required a massive conspiracy. All I know is that this place resisted the corporate dullness that was settling everywhere else for a bit longer but it eventually fell like the rest.

That could also explain how /pol/ got so popular and why so many memes came from there at some point. Some anons who saw the push to demoralize them tried to push back and /pol/ is where they were driven when they lost

Attached: A6AC07DF-96B0-47D8-9A65-4C26D5114CB7.jpg (648x1000, 119.75K)

HOLD UP. I NEED context on this one.

Attached: 1648756653509.jpg (600x1637, 205.61K)