Can someone explain the appeal of this band to me?

Don't get me wrong, Ten is a great album but after that apart from the occasional good single like Do The Evolution or I Am Mine all their stuff is just boring middle of the road buttrock.

Their contemporaries like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Pixies, Tool and even Rage Against The Machine were all superior to them yet they get heralded as one of the greatest bands of the 90s.

Attached: CS614473-01A-BIG.jpg (700x713, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RiSfTyrvJlg
youtu.be/araU0fZj6oQ
youtu.be/5RisBAkC0x8
youtu.be/O-fyNgHdmLI
youtu.be/UQ92eyxnxmQ
youtu.be/BB0DU4DoPP4
youtube.com/watch?v=mY1dv35RAEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Love their ballads

Is this like the U2 shitpost? Zoomers are gonna start to make cringy ass pastas to explain why Pearl Jam is bad? Jesus i fucking hate this board so much

Pearl Jam sucks. They're easily the worst out the "Big Four" of grunge, and I'd put them behind Smashing Pumpkins too.

One thing I will give them a lot of credit for though is Neil Young's Mirrorball. That album is both their's and Neil's best.

Attached: IMG_4415.jpg (600x531, 145K)

They're grunge for hippies who don't like grunge.

Ten and Vs. are both great
Yield is also pretty good, not really a grunge album but it is still great
Dont really like their other albums though

This isn't anything new, Pearl Jam has been dumped on for a long time and you know this. They're too classic rock for the alternative crowd and too alternative for the classic rock crowd. And of course nowadays the kids don't fuck with either of those, and all they remember is the faint echoes of bad PJ knockoff bands from their childhood. Pearl Jam is for their own hardcore fans, and that's how they wanted it all along.

And they appeal of Pearl Jam is, they fucking rock. That's it.

more like fucking suck lmao

>And you get Pearl Jam, who, yeah I know Pearl Jam were already a band, and Green River, Mother Love Bone, and all that fucking crap. That was fucking hair metal, funk metal, bullshit. Fuck that band, fuck Green River, Mother Love Bone, that shit was fucking lame when it came out. None of us liked those bands. Those were fucking funk metal jam bands. Anybody who is trying to tell you that those bands were like, you know, proto-grunge, get the fuck out of here. Those were fucking hair metal bands who didn't have enough money to move to LA. They're fucking like high-five-ing each other on the cover? Like, are you kidding me? This was like the ultimate fucking bro, shit, stoner, fucking lame ass jam band, battle of the bands, music smith, fucking stratocaster, velvet, fucking top hat, fucking scarf wearing, paisley bullshit ever. Man did I fucking hate that band ugh. And that was the thing, like, anybody who came to Nirvana from like the punk/skater, like kinda confrontational thing? They fucking hated Pearl Jam. You know who liked Pearl Jam? Girls, girls. Girls liked Pearl Jam. No, I'm kidding, what I meant to say is that my girlfriend liked Pearl Jam.

surprised this wasn't posted earlier

Oh of course it's Ott. What a miserable bitter fuck.

>You know who liked Pearl Jam? Girls, girls. Girls liked Pearl Jam. No, I'm kidding, what I meant to say is that my girlfriend liked Pearl Jam.

Sounds like Eddie Vedor fucked his gf backstage and he's still mad.

Hahaha yeah the fucking suck xd, thank god right after them we got real rock for man, in fact LET'S LISTEN TO IT
youtu.be/RiSfTyrvJlg
youtu.be/araU0fZj6oQ
youtu.be/5RisBAkC0x8
youtu.be/O-fyNgHdmLI
youtu.be/UQ92eyxnxmQ
youtu.be/BB0DU4DoPP4
ARE YOU HAPPY?

>counting post grunge into this
Also that Puddle of Mudd song is okay

Based
I don't get why People hate Pearl Jam so much for being "soft" when shit like this makes them sound like fucking Melvins

Literally all of those are bands who were influenced by Pearl Jam. "Post-grunge" as a movement was literally just Pearl Jam knock-offs. And while I think Pearl Jam did it better, it's hardly an exciting or innovative sound.

Because everyone knows post grunge is dogshit, Pearl Jam gets hate not from edgy zoomers Who are into metal, they get hate by boomers whos favorite grunge bands maybe consist into Heavy shit like Tad, Melvins, Helmet or even Alice in Chains. Basically is all part of a meme about grunge being the heaviest shit in the universe
So Basically Pearl Jam's hate is the same hate as Anthrax gets for not being Heavy enough for thrash

Puddle of Mudd, Staind and Daughtry sound more influenced by Alice in Chains tho

uninteresting attempt at engineering 'thought provoking' passion-rock

'do the evolution', their only notable track after Ten, was just a weak copy of Open and Revolving youtube.com/watch?v=mY1dv35RAEg

Pearl jam just sounds like boomer classic rock shit

he actually apologized for the girl thing later in the comment section of the video after someone called him out on it being sexist.

You tried. No one over the age of 15 considers "heaviness" a metric for quality. Pearl Jam were just the most boring of the four big grunge bands. Their shtick was essentially The Who - 90's Edition.

Is that the reason why they are hated?
I thought they were hated Just because Yea Forums contrarianism as always

If it was contrarianism then Nirvana Will get all the shit from Yea Forums
Is more like Vedder fucked every single Yea Forumsfags moms

wow you manged to find bands worse than Pearl Jam good job. Except now one is pretending these bands were like in on the ground floor of grunge or cool at all were as people (you) still think that Pearl Jam wrote anything worth remembering.

nobody calling pearl jam soft is listen to any of those bands

Have sex

Attached: 1556959158454.png (1044x1397, 353K)

Okay niggas if Pearl Jam gets so much shit for being soft While Soundgarden is so dick rided when they are even softer?

>soundgarden
>soft
Fuck you, everytime i hear Badmotorfinger i feel like if my balls were growing up like elephants

I don't know why you're asking me that, when I literally argued the opposite.

Have you ever listened to Soundgarden?

>le epic stab at masculinity insult

your band fucking suck how about coming up with some arguments defending them rather than arguing like a bot

they're okay

>Soft
>Slaves and Bulldozers

Go to hell. Also Chris Cornell blows Eddie "Faggot" Vedder out of the water.

Kys