THE WHITE MAN DONE STOLED ROCK MUSIC FROM THE BLACK MAN!!!!

>THE WHITE MAN DONE STOLED ROCK MUSIC FROM THE BLACK MAN!!!!

Rock & Roll drew heavily on the genres of blues, country, and folk.
Now obviously country and folk are very white, so this oft repeated nonsense is based purely on the blues influence. But wait...

>Blues originated in the Deep South around the 1870s by African Americans from roots in African musical traditions, African-American work songs, spirituals, and the folk music of white Americans of European heritage.

Huh. So blues was partly inspired European folk music? But wait there's more...

>negro spirituals are a result of the interaction of music and religion from Africa with music and religion of European origin.

So... By Chris Rocks logic, black people done stoled blues and negro spirituals from the white man!

Attached: chris-rock.jpg (2792x1570, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2016/09/22/495021326/1966-vs-1971-when-rock-n-roll-became-rock-and-what-we-lost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is pointless. The song speaks or it doesn't.

what a shit tard - no one cares - stop living in your cave

Then why do I always hear you retards repeating this dumb fucking bit from the 90s?

Those are the voices in your head.

Yawn.

>seething incels

This is why arguing over which race “invented” each genre of American music is pointless. They’re all a blend of African and European influences

*yawns*

Chris rock also said he can't wait til he sees white kids suffering. Fuck that racist asshole! Probably doesn't even know whites didn't start slavery either...

>whites didn't start slavery either
they did in america
anthony johnson was not the first american slave owner

Damn bro you sure showed Chris Rock who is the boss! can't wait to see his reaction!

>whites and jews are the same

Wow. Obliterated OP

Cringe thread also

When black people first played rock and roll it had neither country nor folk influences. Only when white people started to play rock and roll did those influences emerge. Also, rock and roll evolved out of jump-blues, which itself evolved out os swing (a jazz subgenre), and not actually blues.

Regarding the second half of your post, yes, blues and spirituals did have some European influence, but by the same logic country and folk had African influences as well, so you might as well claim that white people stole country and folk from black people by using your retarded logic.

It isn't worth it. These dudes just like to justify their own racism.

There's this silly narrative being pushed that beating niggers makes them better at music, or something. This is what people don't listen to themselves when they speak sound like.
It's impossible to really make an intelligent statement about because people who approach music that way, from any direction, are probably not that good.

Case and point; the worst tripfag on Yea Forums

You're right but by most peoples logic chris rock is an entertaining comedian and you're a sperglord basement dweller. Make of that what you will

Sex obsessed jewbot

I’ll take it you don’t know the history of white artists in the rock n roll genre stealing songs practically verbatim from black artists and catering them to a white audience, the various white Dixieland bands (the first ones to be recorded over far more talented and prominent black bands) that emerged in the wake of the genre’s advent, or the existence of race records, or any of the various ostensible historical instances that prove Chris Rock right. Obviously any style of music to come out of America will have a dash of European influence, but to deny that black people over the history of America have repeatedly had their music stolen or appropriated is practically self-delusion

I've never seen one black guy under the age 30 give a fuck about Blues music.

Blues guitar music has been the white man's sic the 1960s ; it's the white man's now - so what are you gonna do?

God makes all the music. You're misinformed to a completely demonic degree.

OP you have to have an interest in music to post here

Reading comprehension of a toddler
He isn't staying black people stole white music.
He's saying the notion of a culture "stealing" music is completely retarded, which it is.

He's still wrong in what he says. Read again.

You're a loser who can't differentiate music from recorded medium. You don't get an opinion.

the whole idea of musical notation is a European idea in general, at least how the Africans received it, not one thing of american music by passed European influence, and most likely vice versa in america

Read again.

What has European notation to do with this?

constructing music in the European sense, the middle east as well has roots of its own, when african americans were making music, chords notes etc. to build something musically, it was all borrowed, just like in turn ideas would be borrowed from them

you're a nigger

I'll read what you write when you offer some original insight that I couldn't find at any music appreciation 101 in any public or private university.

But the origins of blues lie in west african traditions, so European notation has nothing to do with this.

I would rather spout unoriginal, but correct, insight, rather than blatantly false insight (like the OP).

>country and folk are very white
Yeah they are now, but they weren't originally.

That's why you're a piece of shit. You don't dare to be wrong, and it's making you always wrong.

Proof I'm wrong?

Most music isn't written by notation

Black people were enslaved by their cousins.

Folk music predates Europeans owning African slaves you idiot

I know. I'm just using "folk" the same way the OP was using "folk". Don't call me an idiot, call OP an idiot instead.

No I'm just educating you, you fucking idiot.
Individual songs is not a genre you idiot. Nobody is stopping black people from making rock, they'd rather listen to Lil fentanol repeat the same sentence over and over.

Oh, and they had more than a fucking dash. Have you ever listened to African music? It's pretty God damn far removed from blues.

No they don't. Blues is extremely far removed from African music.

Folk music goes back to before America was discovered you fucking retard. False. American folk music is a clear descendant of European folk music.

It isn't. It has been studied that blues was derived from western african folk traditions through afro-american work songs.

Yeah, and American folk also takes influences from Afro-American music (particularly blues).

You aren't educating shit, you are posting blatant lies.

OP is a talentless nigger

end thread

Not anything that would register in the mind of a soulless autist who thinks he's smarter than he is.

shawn: yawn
sean: yean

Blacks can talk about having their music "appropriated" when they make music that doesn't entirely consist of european classical instruments and their derivatives with a drum kit

How lame for you to not even bother to list some reasons so at least some other anons can see.
You are a fraud. I bet you have an inferiority complex or something because you know you are dumber than me.

Music styles =/= music instruments
Brainlet user.

Blues came from work songs, folk music, and negro spirituals, the last two of which were inspired by European music. Learn to read you cherry picking retard.

That's the folk that came after blues, not before, you fucking moron.
You appropriated the instruments, you fucking brainlet.

>Blues came from work songs
Correct.

>folk music
Folk music wasn't invented by European people.

>and negro spirituals
Arguably, as negro spirituals developed out of work songs as well, but were inspired by Christian hymns.

Which specific folk genre are you talking about that predated blues then? You do know folk exists outside of Europe and America as well, right?

>You appropriated the instruments
But they didn't, as black people were taking away from their homes, their instruments were prohibited from using musical instruments, and therefore after enough years the only musical instruments they had access to were European instruments (because of the laws American people of European descent instated). White people playing rock and roll on the other hand were not in the same situation, as they still had access to country, classical, vaudeville, etc. despite never being prohibited by law to play any of those.

It was inspired by European folk songs you fucking idiot.

Once the slaves were freed they could keep playing their stupid fucking drums. Your rationalization makes no semse. Just admit your logical is fucking bogus and take your L you pathetic loser.

I will buy you a 1 way ticket to Somalia if you want.

>they did in america
Spaniards started slavery in the Americas. Most, if not all, white people in the US are not descended from Spaniards, but rather the British and Germans.

Whites made music. Blacks appropriated it. Then Whites took the appropriation and perfected it.

Proof being that blacks in america have used the 12 tone approach to music (which came to be thanks to WHITES). Now if blacks are able to develop an entire music system from scratch and make unique music, then we should celebrate. But they haven't.

Crediting blacks for blues and rock is like crediting the autist who made a giant skyscraper on minecraft. Why applaud the players when you should really be applauding the creators?

>But the origins of blues lie in west african traditions
All of the instruments used are European, the language used is European. Same thing with rock n roll. Rock can't exist without the electric guitar, which was invented by a white guy.

Nope. European Christian hymns, not folk songs. We are talking about negro spirituals, right?

>Once the slaves were freed they could keep playing their stupid fucking drums
Yeah, if only the instrument making tradition were been able to be passed down, but they weren't, because of stupid laws.

>forbid black people to use instruments
>through generations they lose the knowledge to make their own instruments
>their only instruments available to them are white instruments
>white people complain about black people using white instruments
Wow!

Thanks for the offer, but no need. Why the offer by the way?

Prove black people appropriated blues from white people first. Otherwise your post is bullshit.

>Proof being that blacks in america have used the 12 tone approach to music (which came to be thanks to WHITES).
That system has been used in a lot of cultures, so it wasn't created by white people. Furthermore, we know that the Chinese were the first to use this system, so will you claim that Chinese people invented music and white people appropiated it?

>All of the instruments used are European
But the style is African. Also, not all the instruments, since the banjo is derived from African instruments.

Again, you are mistaking instrumentation with musical style.

>Rock can't exist without the electric guitar, which was invented by a white guy.
And rock and roll itself was invented by black people, so suck it.

Nobody's complaining about you using white instruments were pointing out the flaw in your logic you dumb fucking troglodyte

The Chinese use a completely different scale you fucking pleb

Rock and roll is not rock. Educate yourself.

It's not a flaw in logic because black people didn't have the opportunity to develop their music using their own instruments because of laws white people made. White people on the other hand still "stole" music from black people despite never being forced to do so by any laws whatsoever.

>Proof being that blacks in america have used the 12 tone approach to music (which came to be thanks to WHITES).
The Chinese did this before whites. Also, there isn't a single "Chinese scale", so fuck off with your retarded ignorance. Also, scale =/= tone system. Fucking moron.

>Rock and roll is not rock. Educate yourself.
Alright, what's your source? Because every source I have ever seen claims that rock & roll is rock.

I know you are just baiting at this point, but still, I'm curious if there are ANY sources that have ever claimed this.

Black people weren't forced to pay white piano, guitar, brass, etc... Which have no analog in Africa. They could have just played the fucking drums. Dumb rationalization is dumb. Take your L you pathetic autist. You're grasping at straws.

>doesn't even know what genre is what
ffs

npr.org/sections/therecord/2016/09/22/495021326/1966-vs-1971-when-rock-n-roll-became-rock-and-what-we-lost

>Black people weren't forced to pay white piano, guitar, brass, etc...
You are right they were not forced to, but they did it because those were the only instruments available to them (since white people made it illegal for black people to own instruments).

>They could have just played the fucking drums.
They could have not been enslaved as well.

How terrible is it that black people get to use white instruments anyways. It's not like white people used the banjo anyways, which is an instrument of black origin.

This isn't signed by any musicologist, so it's not a valid source. Try again.

based
where do these dummies think inspiration comes from?

The only instrument available before was fucking bongos. Derp.

Confirmation bias. Just use Google, or common sense. The Beatles don't sound like Elvis.

You are being ignorant on purpose now, so fuck off.

lmao

>The Beatles don't sound like Elvis.
Try listening to their pre-1965 stuff. Also, King Crimson don't sound like The Beatles, so I guess King Crimson are not rock now.

They're not. They're progressive rock. Dumb ass. You're literally btfo every post.

But progressive rock is rock, or is it not?

Nope. Is a dog a wolf? Idiot.

Stop sucking the triptard's cock. Attention to their stupidity is all they want.

What does pretending to be retarded so for you? Doesn't change the fact that your people have contributed almost nothing to society.

blues will never be white people lol nice try cracker next

No. But a bulldog is a dog, just like how progressive rock is rock.

It's the guy who pretends that rock and roll and progressive rock are not rock who is being retarded, not me.

The nigger lovers of Yea Forums won't admit it, but you know exactly what you're talking about.

This, why are people even talking to this tripfag