Wtf every song sounds the same

wtf every song sounds the same
I thought this album was supposed to be great

Attached: R-383812-1231093184.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSSfcjAfC9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They all sound the same, but they all sound great

Do they really expect grown women to be that hairless and skinny

they are on their knees

a bloo bloo

based

Ah yes because Barely Legal totally sounds like Someday, Is This It , and Last Nite. Go back to your "totally abrasive" layered distorted garbage.

I mean, either you're underage or you don't listen to rock music at all if you haven't heard this album before, so your opinion is automatically invalid

Also even if you're underage you're retarded if you think every song sounds the same

Attached: 1548275878497.png (300x250, 19K)

There are very many rock albums user.
It's very easy to imagine that somebody wouldn't bother to listen to trash like the strokes.

>very many rock albums

Also that makes zero sense, if he never listened to this album, how could he tell it's trash? The fact is that it's one of the most well known and critically acclaimed rock albums of the 2000s, you're bound to run into this album really quickly when you start getting into indie rock

Attached: 1556403217550.png (680x680, 398K)

unequivocally based. keep doing God's work user. His light shines on you

Why did this band become so irrelevant so quickly?
Remember when they were hailed as the next Rolling Stones?

Well people only want to play rap, overproduced pop, country, choir garbage, and classic rock. The airwaves have officially been ruined for creative people that want to make new stuff, it's a matter of either selling out or keeping your loyal following and disappearing. We need more bands like Supergrass, The Strokes, The Vaccines.. basically we need more indie. It'll fix some things i bet.

I was once like you OP

>*Saves rock twice*
How does he do it?

Attached: juli.png (2000x1334, 3.83M)

how the fuck were the strokes creative?

How the fuck were they not, nothing like their sound had ever been done, and they pioneered the entire garage-rock revival movement.

True

That's the pleb filter you have to get over. It pays off OP.

>While a few songs of the album try to rock out (The Modern Age, which is a photocopy of Velvet Underground and Modern Lovers, Barely Legal, Hard To Explain, the blues-rock rigmarole New York City Cops), the majority dwells comfortably in a genre of pop balladry that borrows riffs and rhythms from the classics while relying on very basic melodies: Is This It, that apes the atonal lo-fi pop of the 1980s; the bouncy and spirited Someday; the ska with progression a` la Cheap Trick of Last Nite.
>Nick Valensi's and Albert Hammond's predictable guitar workouts and a formidable rhythm section (bassist Nikolai Fraiture and drummer Fabrizio Moretti) provide the ideal balance between dejavu and fashionable.
>6.5/10

Attached: thelegend.jpg (525x700, 77K)

maybe all you can find at dive bars is fat chicks who don't shave but it turns out attractive women do actually exist

I thought so too when I heard it first, but give it a few more tries. It is the definition of a grower

Someone's opinion is invalid both if they haven't listened to an album and if they have listened to it? fuck off

>Album is called "Is This It?"
>that's the exact thought you have while listening to it
10/10

bruh are you fr, they just reinvented the wheel albeit effectively, their sound had been done 1000 times before and will be done 1000 times more

nah it's an awesome album. but if you want a bit more change listen to their next album, Room on Fire. that's just as good imo. if you want harder rock then listen to First Impressions of Earth.

based. this was LITERALLY THE FIRST album I listened to when I got into music. I remember buying it at the charity shop along with College Dropout and another album I sadly can't remember. that night I put it on and didn't really like it. I couldn't hear a fucking word this guy was saying.

the next morning I put it on and am starting to get into it. then I listened to it again and again and then I just fell in love with it. it sounds SOOOOOOOO GREAT with headphones on.

Marquee Moon

Attached: 220px-Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg (220x220, 14K)

>bruh

Attached: 1555278740493.jpg (460x460, 34K)

>listens to This Charming Man once

they broke new ground

shut up retard youre not cool for hating on a popular and critically acclaimed album does not make you unique special or interesting in any way you are trying to hard go lurk

Decent album, but I'd say Is This It beats it out by a long shot. I wouldn't even call Marquee Moon a garage rock album, and while it has some similarities with the early Strokes, I wouldn't even group them together.

You honestly think that's a real woman and not Photoshop.

And no, not wanting hairless skinny women doesn't mean I want fatties either.

Julian's dad owned a modeling agency, so... yeah.

yes, you may be a fat cow that looks like penis repellent but some pride themselves on appearance.

Supergrass are terrible

'Moving' is the worst song i've ever heard

Imagine making an album so good that you literally save rock music

Looking in the mirror when you type? Impressive.

Yeah models stopped looking good when gays took over the industry

>t.

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-002020~2.png (1199x969, 686K)

A lot of critically acclaimed albums all sound the same throughout. It's called consistency, and I hate it

I think there's a lot of merit in maintaining a strong consistent style and make it good all along a single album, especially a movement-defining one.

but user, rock music is dead!

yeah, because all the songs are great, that's why they sound the same, dumbass.

>album cover made before photoshop

nice try, fuck face.

imagine thinking that the quality being consistent means it has to sound generic and samey

imagine being a dumbass

The Strokes came out in the early 00s. Photoshop was around by then.

Honestly sexist shit like this did awful things to girl's self esteem. It's a total disservice. No grown woman looks like this.

Have sex

it died again afterwards

>leddit spacing
>making an album cover is sexist

Attached: 1551623578226.gif (200x360, 3.96M)

Bro you can't even see her stomach she could be pretty fat nigga you don't even know shut your white knight ass up dick sucker

That album is a straight 10. Just listen to it a few days in a row bro

based user. It's not good

Room on Fire is much much better.

Comedown machine objectively the best strokes album

I honestly like all their albums except for First Impressions of Earth, that album is garbage

Based

It's inconsistent in quality but has some of their best songs

didn't fit the album, but they came up with their best b-side during that period

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSSfcjAfC9w

(You)

Attached: tired pepe.jpg (251x242, 15K)

John Casablancas was a legend in flesh

There is a girl in my college that looks so much like Julian, I homestly think John came by to my country 20 years ago, fucked her mother, and she was born then

Attached: 57ffd95f170000c316acbca2 (1).jpg (720x462, 57K)

If you're a woman, then maybe you should lose some weight
If you're a man, then maybe women weren't your thing in the first place, friend

>>leddit spacing
Cringe

So. fucking. great

>Moving
>worst
Pick one

Silence, pleb

kys u faggit

Attached: 1551470874116.jpg (644x839, 138K)