This guys kinda a jerk. Whys he even make rock music if he hates it so much...

This guys kinda a jerk. Whys he even make rock music if he hates it so much? go make jazz or orchestral stuff if thats what you like bucko, dont just say every rock band sucks except me

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eP_YxDdGni0
youtube.com/watch?v=IemQsLV9dTM
youtube.com/watch?v=FuWjjbhODfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no he was based

Yeah he was based, but he was a jerk too

It's a shame he is dead, so he can't read your bitching for us.

honestly none of that would bother me if he hadn't stopped doing sound-collage shit after the 60s
the sound-collage stuff was what drew me to his music in the first place but the further I ventured into his discography the less of that he played around with

he was a wanker desu

yeah maybe he was but fuck you user, i dont like you

forgive my low iq. What do you mena by sound collage, got examples

he literally made jazz and orchestral stuff too

literally like half his discography lol

I agree, I also like some of his rock, and jazz albums. I just wish he didnt have such a massive hatred for any rock artist who chose to use more simple structures than him.

Just wanted too much attention for the kind of music he liked working with, so in a way he's a semi-sell out who always refused to choose between popularity or musical prestige.

Attached: Frank-Zappa-Lumpy-Gravy-album-cover-web-optimised-820.jpg (820x820, 140K)

Yeah i know you fools, but he also made rock music, and complained about how awful every other rock musician was. I found his rhetoric towards other rock musicians to be often times unfounded, in some interviews he would talk tease punk rock even though Johnny Thunders, and others were great rock writers who just wrote simpler songs.

I dont think he ever escaped the idea that complexity was what made great art, even though projects like Overnite Sensation were great and on the simpler side (zappa standards atleast)

Gotcha. I think as he matured in his career he wanted to do different stuff but I agree that it's pretty disappointing he dropped it entirely
this 100 percent

basically all of the lumpy gravy album, some more specific examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=eP_YxDdGni0
youtube.com/watch?v=IemQsLV9dTM
youtube.com/watch?v=FuWjjbhODfs
basically anything where a bunch of tapes are chopped up, warped, and twisted around to create a "collage" of sound rather than a traditionally cohesive piece

If you pioneered prog rock you'd probably think everyone else sucks aswell. Probably how T.I thinks about trap music, doesn't mean he's right to think it but you have to understand their perspective

This is very relatable.
Everything after Hot Rats, except WRmF and Apostrophe, just doesnt really do it for me

These guys are kinda jerks. Whys they even make rock music if they hates it so much? go make jazz or orchestral stuff if thats what you like bucko, dont just say every rock band sucks except us

Attached: tg364-1_cover_600x600_grande.jpg (600x600, 38K)

>Uhh...and what is post-rock for?

Attached: IMG_20190430_014517.jpg (159x186, 8K)

But they dont hate rock music

I agree he didn't do shit and is a dickweed about it

Attached: zappa.png (1200x800, 114K)

Talented musician but an artistic hack.

Lol. He did. And he made rock music because it made him money.

he wrote rock music for the money, idiot. hence the album "we're only in it for the money". and that is incredibly, incredibly based and redpilled. especially considering he spent a million dollars on an orchestral album in the 80s that he knew wasn't going to make money. he DID make jazz and orchestra, but he had to make money somehow, don't you understand?

Hello, pigs!

Was Zappa the Sam Hyde of his day?
PAY UP PAY PIG.

>he wrote rock music for the money, idiot
Yeah i know, idiot, which made him less sincere. Go listen to insincere albums

The insincerity of his rock music is a parody of the insincerity of rock music crafted to appeal to mainstream audiences.

no that would be the sincerity of his satire ;)

all rock music is insincere, moron. by doing so he's actually more sincere than any of them, because he's so upfront about it, and delivers what we want, which is actually good rock music.

i would call you a faggot but it seems you already know your place.

Attached: literallygallonsofsemen.jpg (480x480, 19K)

>all rock music is insincere
you're retarded if you think this is true

>all rock music is insincere, moron
You don't know what sincerity means. Rock music can be cliched and shit but it can all be sincere.

He was very based sir.

I never said he wasnt based, just saying he was a jerk also wrong about a lot of the rock music that he wrote off

it is true. rock is stupid. you're stupid for getting cucked by it. that's why Papa Zappa infuriates you. he let you see it for what it was, for the first time in your lives.

Rock isnt stupid, just because its not complex. Also complex rock music sucks more often than its good.. I'd take any ramones record over any dream theater record anyday.

Stupid is not insincere, even pretentious isn't insincere. I've been familiar with Zappa for years and I am not a naive teenager who thinks rock is the penultimate of music, you projecting pseud. Music is on the surface stupid, literally just sounds, but has a captivating attraction.

OC
Do zappa fans like the idea that zappa would have probably hated them like he hated on all the rest of his fans? do they get off on this kind of mental domination?

Attached: zappaoc.png (894x666, 32K)

this is so simpleton it hurts. can your ego really not handle someone like him? are you that absorbed in yourself?

I dont understand this line of thinking. Im self absorbed because i think zappas rhetoric towards other rock musicians (and his fans) was bs? I like zappas music a lot and sometimes during interviews hes very very sharp. But when discussing his contemporaries i dont think so... Explain how that makes me self absorbed

All this tells me is that your fragile little ego can't handle that someone you've never met may not like you. Your image provides zero arguments in the way of music, and only serves to show that your fee-fees got hurt

i don't give a fuck what zappa may or may not have thought of me. i just like his music occasionally

that being said, the artwork was decent, and it is kind of funny if you've watched his interviews. ill save it

I don’t care. I don’t fantasize about being friends with the artists i enjoy

Your reading comprehension skills are that of a 7 year old. Stop replying to me, I get it youre retarded.

Actually, Zappa was redpilled and he knew that psychedelic music was being pushed by the CIA ("And there's this guy from the CIA and he's creeping around Laurel Canyon") and so he didn't like it or the hippy movement.

He's probably the single most untalented person I've heard in my life. He's a two-bit pretentious academic, and he can't play rock'n'roll, because he's a loser. And that's why he dresses up funny. He's not happy with himself, and I think he's right.

He liked blues, r&b, and doo wop music. He just thought everything that came out after he started making music sucked.

no, you just changed your stance after i called you out on it. don't try to pretend like Zappa's indifference towards fans wasn't a massive hit to your ego. Now stop replying to me, your insecurity hurts

t. butt hurt Zappoid

This guy is reddit the musician

>Dream Theater
>rock

spotted the retard

He literally made a full album of doo-wop. I don't think he was against simplicity in music.

You're ignorant of the types of music he praised.

>go make jazz or orchestral stuff if thats what you like bucko
he did lmao

>Whys he even make rock music if he hates it so much?
CIA plant. This guys dad was way up in the military ranks. Looks up a book called "Weird Scenes inside the Canyon" on Google. You'll find a PDF.

I don’t know how much of that Laurel Canyon stuff is tinfoil but it’s sure fun to read

Frank didn't hate rock music.

>I don’t know how much of that Laurel Canyon stuff is tinfoil
It ends up making more sense than what's traditionally told. As if there's anything to traditionally tell. It's all so spotty

>I don't buy that [rock music offers an opportunity for undermining the consumer culture]. The reason I don't buy it is because at its best, rock music is a folk art form when it comes directly from the people who may know how to play one or two songs on their instruments and those one or two songs mean something to the people who wrote them and sing them. [...] I'm talking about Cannibal and the Headhunters, little one shot groups ... the guys who got together who really are not looking forward to a long-term career. But they have that one song that is their song, and they are into it, and they play it for all its worth. And it is their personal expression of how they feel at the time they managed by some miracle to get their song on a record. That is when rock is really doing its job. It is kind of a democratic art form because it lets people who are not certified as musicians or composers or songwriters to sneak in there and say something. But things like that are more and more rare.
- Frank Zappa, 1991

He liked a lot of simple music bordering on the primitive.
I think what people miss in FZ is that he was arguably more interested in rhythm than pitch (this is certainly what his guitar stuff is about).