Is it unethical to listen to michael jackson knowing he raped kids?

is it unethical to listen to michael jackson knowing he raped kids?

Attached: 1509826701447.jpg (2247x3000, 347K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pnoQqlygQs&t=742s
youtube.com/watch?v=fzDft0DZRUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>is it unethical to listen to michael jackson knowing he was accused (after he was dead and unable to defend himself) of molesting kids?
ftfy

No, it's unethical to make false claims against someone when you have no proof

are you arguing that the claims were unethical because they were false, or because there was "no proof"? don't mix the two

is it unethical to listen to michael jackson knowing he raped kids while raping kids?

OP is being unethical for making claims with no proof

>owns the majority of sony's music catalog
>owns the beatles
>owns Ray Charles, Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin
>on top of his own shit
>hai guys hes a pedo
>forced to sell rights for 750 million
>worth 2+ billion now
hmm.............

Attached: 1556311020701.jpg (1278x993, 121K)

is it unethical to listen to burzum knowing he murdered someone and burned down churches?

Attached: Burzum.jpg (304x438, 45K)

Michael didn't do it.

Is it unethical of accusing someone who clearly didn't do it that he did?

Separate the art from the artist. Hitler had some decent paintings.

if you refuse to listen to billie jean because of some bogus accusations then you should really off yourself

is it unethical to rape kids listening to micheal jackson?

Following that logic, only pre-white Michael Jackson it's okay to listen, before he hee-heed those kids

yea do the right thing and turn off the music

No, he didn’t do anything wrong

To normalfags it is, to edgy teens and mealfags it's a plus.

That's what I said

Attached: 1462780363378.jpg (667x602, 190K)

This.

Attached: 400px-Adolf_Hitler_-_Wien_Oper.jpg (400x291, 41K)

who cares

i hope he enjoyed fucking those kids

oh sorry user...

Is it unethical to watch marlon brando movies knowing he shoved a stick of butter up a woman's ass to slide his dick in easier?

Every rock star in the 60s and 70s, if not all time, raped kids. That's what groupies were, underaged girls who "ran away from" their parents and there are many songs explicitly about this (see rolling stones' stray cat blues)

how would that even be unethical user?

It only makes me like him more.

>he her heed those kids

Oh fuck my sides

honestly? yes.

I really hope he didn't rape those kids, because everything else about him seems so fucking cool. To the point where I'd consider him like a top 10 person in history. Everything I read about him just makes me like him even more. And in most cases, I'd accept that everyone has done some bad things and it doesn't outweigh the good, but I think raping kids is kind of a deal breaker.

youtube.com/watch?v=6pnoQqlygQs&t=742s

No, just don’t support him (which is difficult anyways seeing as he’s dead). I have always thought that, as long as you aren’t directly making financial contributions to support this person’s lifestyle, it’s fine to enjoy their music.

On a tangentially related note, there’s a very hard Marxist slant in the way we discuss music now, in the idea that music comprises a cultural supraestructure that affects people’s behaviors and value systems (see: the outrage surrounding Baby, It’s Cold Outside). I don’t really buy this.

So, if a band you like is accused of doing bad things, I still think it’s fine to listen to them. Should you continue buying merch/going to their shows/promoting them/etc? Probably not. But the idea that the act of listening to them is in and of itself unethical does not really make sense. Ultimately, you are an individual with your own agency, moral compass, and rational functions, and listening to Burzum etc isn’t going to cause you and your friends to go do some fucked up shit because they’ve “normalized” it.

I've learned to separate the art from the artist, so even though artists can do vile things sometimes, you can still appreciate the music. For example, I still like Swans even though Michael Gira raped Larkin Grimm.

Attached: 6aee463c_1456491013_crop_550x364.jpg (550x364, 28K)

No, he will forever go down in history as being the greatest entertainer. Nothing can change that, not even two liars looking for a pay day.
youtube.com/watch?v=fzDft0DZRUw

I can't separate the art from the artist, personally. I can't listen to Jackson's music or watch a Woody Allen movie without being filled with disgust.

>Nothing can change that
It's already been changed.