I don't get it

I don't get it

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 451K)

It's shit. Shit isn't something to 'get'.

Learn to identify a masterpiece from a piece of poo

Contrary to those who thought this came about from a colossal improv during a drug orgy, the album represented an analytical reflection on the perception of the details and the linguistic system which transcend the literal and create an abstraction, but an abstraction anchored to the literal. There was also an anarchical and libertarian message, of revolting against institutions, of hating classes. Additionally, it was also one of the albums that invented the lo-fi aesthetic, which exalted the underground, independent American musical craft: a semi-amateurish musical style that had a "home-made" sort of feel; a hobby of the highest quality and attention to detail. It became one of the most important albums in rock music, the "Trout Mask Replica" of noise-rock, an impenetrable jungle of dirty sounds and childish rhythms, smothered by electronics; a cubist masterpiece of deconstruction and reconstruction of musical forms.

you just had to be there and you also had to be on heroin

You have to be a heroin addict to understand.

Damn is this fantano?

It actually isn't very good, and I'm a huge Royal Trux fan. If they really intended for it to sound exactly the way you hear it then good for them but they've put out much higher quality work ever since, both in the band and solo. Listen to their new album, it's a lot o fun.

Attached: 1535395643144.jpg (1125x1358, 123K)

new album is shit. Stop lying.

it's just noise

There's nothing to get, it's shit. Listen to Cats and Dogs instead.

every album they released before that is better

twist: you guys were all plebs the whole time
accelerator is the best royal trux

I've been revisiting this album recently, and I'm not as dismissive of it now as I once was
In a sense its "just" a fucked up album, its intentionally noisy and cluttered but with no reason other than to be noisy and cluttered. Like the album which preceeded it its kinda deconstruction for deconstruction's sake. That kinda gives it this nihilistic core which can be really off putting to some, it comes across as irreverent and smug since it can be seen as "pointless". Its not like with TMR where theres order under the chaos, its just chaos.
In a weird way the fucked up sound of TI makes it more stomachable than their debut, which just feels like sloppy blues rock. TI is a big bath of fuck.
I find the enjoyment comes from little moments of chance, where the weird sporadic vocals accidentally harmonise or the guitar and drum loops accidentally co-incide and groove.
Approaching it like its a Boredoms or Gerogerigegege album helps a little, thinking of it less like a noise rock album but a noise album made by strung out rolling stones fans. But calling it noise ignores the fact it feels like a rock album.

People who likes Twin Infinitives might also like this

Attached: cover.jpg (600x600, 201K)

thanks I'll check it out later

the ultimate pleb filter

based

>sloppy blues rock
lmao this is exactly what I thought when I saw them live at a festival
I was disappointed since I thought it'd be more like twin infinitives

They actually did perform Twin Infinitives live a few years ago, I think they even had sheet music for every piece of the record or something like that. I'm not that much of a fan of the album but I would've totally gone to see that.

Pleb status = Filtered

I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure it's Scaruffi.

in a good way