21 years old

>21 years old
>Never listened to metal in my teen years
>I've listened to exclusively metal for the past two months

Don't most people start with metal then grow out of it?? What's wrong with me, Yea Forums?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4qmUEE9qTo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on what exactly you're listening to

Bolt Thrower, Metallica (AJFA mostly), Slayer, Megadeth, Annihilator, Vektor, Coroner, Celtic Frost, Overkill, Melvins, High on Fire, Death, Infester, Obituary, Exodus, Cryptopsy, lots more but these are the ones that come to mind right away.

If you listen to it because "muh anger issues" then yeah you'll likely grow out of it, epescially if it's just simplistic slamming stuff. Hopefully you'll keep with it because it's energetic rock music with some technicallity to it, I listen to more metal now & really the gore is just window dressing

Attached: window-dressing-about-8d969ab37409b1fc.jpg (1080x810, 136K)

Oh and the album Revocation - Chaos of Forms has been a huge fav as well

if you appreciate music youll understand whats good about metal. eventually you should branch out but otherwise just enjoy the ride

Nah, I'm actually at a really good point in my life oddly enough, got a new job and am feeling confident and minimally stressed. my gf laughed at me because she said she thinks metal/punk is the stuff I turn too "when I'm really feeling myself," just as she finds she listens to Joni Mitchell and Leonard Cohen when she is really feeling good and lots of excessively upbeat music when she is feeling depressed (she cited CRJ - emotion as an example of this)

Well most of it isn't an angsty teen meltdown soundtrack, so you're good

>Don't most people start with metal then grow out of it?? What's wrong with me, Yea Forums?
where do people get this idea?
how many teenagers are in metal bands?
how many teenagers go to actual metal concerts(not deathcore or melocore)?

It's kind of a meme I see around here a lot that "metal is for children," etc.

When I was in high school there were quite a few kids I knew who were huge into metal, and were into metal bands and attended metal shows regularly

when i was in my teens i was listening to slayer and oldschool thrash pussy

Attached: 1556400963307s.jpg (250x244, 8K)

I've never listened a metal song willingly in my life, no matter how popular or good. I don't know jack about the genre and honestly, I dislike it

there are a lot of people who are "huge into metal" but are actually just surface level plebs who like prog and power metal

youtube.com/watch?v=R4qmUEE9qTo

years old
>>Never listened to metal in my teen years
there really hasn't been any metal in your teen years worth giving a fuck about. I was born in the 70s, 80s were a golden time for metal.

Hey, just be happy you've found a new genre to explore.

Nah these kids were genuine death metal fanatics, Obituary and Cannibal Corpse shirts and all.

Where did you go to high school where there WEREN'T a scene of metalhead kids?? I thought that was a pretty standard thing

>my gf
Get the fuck off this website you normalscum

Attached: 1556183715661.png (244x297, 113K)

You're just becoming angry at the reality of your world. It's a path all take when heading into the abyss.

>my gf laughed at me because she said she thinks metal/punk is the stuff I turn too "when I'm really feeling myself,"
Keep her close.

Attached: 1551414877030.png (771x366, 63K)

>tfw no gf

Attached: 1508684228140.png (645x772, 148K)

Nah man, been coming here for years, not stopping. This is the only board I visit though, I just love music

Attached: 99f.jpg (269x188, 7K)

It's actually very good for you user. It aids with testosterone production. You are dissuaded from listening to it because society wants you to be a servile, barren soiboi wastrel.
I started listening in my 30's. Godspeed, fren!

knowyourmeme faggots should be banned

Attached: 1556452450760.jpg (493x459, 26K)