Why did no one tell me about how good Brill Building pop was...

Why did no one tell me about how good Brill Building pop was? This album is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard (the 4-disc Phil Spector comp is also otherworldly and divine)

Attached: 51KI8mMgOAL.jpg (500x500, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hSkHFc240nY
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Brill Building&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

op i want you to listen to the rising strings on “baby i love you” when these lyrics come around:

>Oh I'm so glad I found you
>I want my arms around you
>I love to hear you call my name
>Oh tell me that you feel the same

absolutely one of my all-time favorite moments in music, period. only a completely insane monster like spector could create such beautiful music.

which comp exactly?

back to mono

it's really surreal, his music has a lot of infinitely positive energy, while he is indeed a basket case. How could one capture the feelings of adolescence into sound?

it’s at the 1:23 mark, you’ll know it when you hear it, and you’ll have an orgasm.

i implore you to listen to “little boy” by the crystals again. extremely underrated song (didn’t even read the top 100 iirc) but it’s phil’s most euphoric work next to “awaiting on you alll” by george harrison. true adolescent romanticism; wagner would be proud.

Attached: C7B66B64-086B-4A64-A12C-79DD5530C9DD.jpg (373x376, 47K)

*didn’t even reach

Also, you should check out the Wall of Sound wikipedia article when you get the chance. it’s surprisingly very complex; pop music simply isn’t being made like this anymore.

My fav moment is in So Young when they go "I'm I'm I'm so young yay ay yay so young". Pure bliss, the whole song is amazing tho! It goes soft again and suddenly you're floating away, fantastic

We tried, you just didn't listen.

You have to be an insane person to really change the game.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=hSkHFc240nY

there are many other albums out there which replicate spector’s production technique, most notably pet sounds. producer john franz used the wall of sound on a shitload of walker brothers and dusty springfield songs, as well as scott 1 and scott 2 by scott walker.

Indeed there are

*as well as on scott 1 and scott 2

bump

>Why did no one tell me about how good Brill Building pop was?
We did, you were just too busy with Yea Forumscore.
Now I hope you listen to brill building other than Spector unless you want to remain as a pleb.

pls bitch
>I'll make you happy, baby, just wait and see
>For every kiss you give me, I'll give you three
>Oh, since the day I saw you, I have been waiting for you
>You know I will adore you 'til eternity
remember being 16yo and having your first gf, and how you both think it'll last forever [spoiler]it didn't, she had to move and her dad raped her ;___;[/spoiler]

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>she had to move and her dad raped her
user, please, i can only get so hard...

What are some more brill-building albums I should hear? I'm really only familiar with the Ronettes. I've also been listening to a lot of 60s/70s pop soul lately which has similar production and harmonies.

I mean the Beach Boys are one of the most important pop/rock groups of all time, and Brian Wilson is just Phil Spector without a gun.

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Brill Building&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

go nuts.

Listen to this too.

Attached: R-440883-1175237251.jpeg.jpg (597x600, 51K)

>What are some more brill-building albums I should hear?
Discover for yourself, user. Don't ask to be spoonfed, that's a bad habit.

basically any 1960-1966 Black Girls Groups
TOP CHART HITS written by Burt Bacharach/Hal David, Gerry Goffin/Carole King, Ellie Greenwich/Jeff Barry, Laura Nyro.

Talk to boomers more, they know all about this kind of shit

Go to bed, Brian.

Boomer energy drink man maymays belong on Reddit.

bacharach>>>>>>>>sp*ctor