Is this wasn't the first metal album, what was?

Is this wasn't the first metal album, what was?

Attached: Black Sabbath - ST.jpg (600x600, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o4vIlg4alz8
youtu.be/vWW2SzoAXMo
youtu.be/Tfpn3wHoNGA
youtu.be/igvP806798U
youtu.be/Pmdqk5dr8OE
youtube.com/watch?v=llaDswZVdLY
youtube.com/watch?v=U8jOhqOsouM&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People just cite some other horse shit that wasn't metal but wasn't pop and say that it was the first metal album

Attached: Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover.jpg (300x300, 35K)

Beatles white album

How can that be first when it came out six years later?

BS is very much blues based to be considered metal

not an argument.

>Using a linear conception of time

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

Based

Black Sabbath brought all of the individual elements together on a single record in 1970, but metal had been building up slowly since 1968 at the latest. Maybe even earlier.

Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues (1968)
youtu.be/o4vIlg4alz8
Why is it impirtant? Often considered one of the first heavy metal songs.

The Beatles - Helter Skelter (1968)
youtu.be/vWW2SzoAXMo
Why is it important? It was deliberately written to be the heaviest song ever at that time.

Iron Butterfly - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" (1968)
youtu.be/Tfpn3wHoNGA
Why is it important? Iron Butterfly described their music as "heavy" and the "Iron" (metal) in the band name is meant to signify the heaviness of their music.

Steppenwolf - "Born To Be Wild" (1968)
youtu.be/igvP806798U
Why is it important? Contains the lyric "Heavy metal thunder"

Coven - "Black Sabbath" (1969)
youtu.be/Pmdqk5dr8OE
Why is it important? Black Sabbath took their name from this song, Ozzy took his stage name from their bassist Oz Osbourne, and many of the bands songs deal with witchcraft and Satanism.

Attached: A1VK5ap634L._SL1500_.jpg (1499x1500, 495K)

Those are songs

Attached: cover.jpg (600x600, 205K)

this guy gets it

Did you read the first part of my post? Black Sabbath was probably the first band to bring all of those elements together and release a front-to-back metal album. I was just catching OP up to speed on the proto-metal shit that always gets posted in this threads.

You might not believe this, little fella, but there're other songs on these albums too.

Aren't you forgetting someone, user?

Attached: A-170355-1482430561-6661.jpeg.jpg (600x372, 56K)

youtube.com/watch?v=llaDswZVdLY

first metal song?

Believe it or not user, but people even if familiar with the music, don't always know what certain bands look like in person and you have to provide the band name along with the image

Most people would definitely call it the first Heavy Metal album. I tend to agree.

lurk moar faggot

That was released after Black Sabbath.

Deep Purple, you pleb.

It’s Deep Purple, but please learn how to reverse image search

If Purple had one more guitar and one less hammond, it would have been bordering on heavy metal. In Rock from the same year as Sabbath is a fucking amazing album, but not quite Heavy Metal.

Based zoomer who can't into epic interwebz

mandrake root was really metal for that time

Oh and while the recording for In Rock started two whole days before the one day Sabbath spent on theirs, Black Sabbath was released a whole 8 months before In Rock.

>YOU TURN TO ME IN ALL YOUR WORLDY GREED AND PRIDE

>BUT WILL YOU TURN TO ME WHEN IT'S YOUR TIME TO DIE?

Sorry, 4 months.
In Rock was also pretty fucking nonsensical when it came to lyrics while Black Sabbath had the dark edge to it.

Honey Pie is my favorite metal song.

Not him, but you know, if you post an image, why not take the extra 5 seconds to type the name.
It's one of the things that makes this board one of the worst music boards. That and dickheads saying "learn to reverse image search"
Fuck off, asshat.

I agree

fucking casuals need to leave

great instrumentals with very bad lyrics. in rock is a bridge from hard blues rock to heavy metal, not quite there yet though. machine head was also pretty good, but everything after that was subpar.
the hammond sound was reinvented for machine head, I think it had a great influence on later metal bands. if anything should be replaced, the glover (bass) should go. easily the weakest member.

Oh I love the hammond, but it's not a Heavy Metal instrument no matter how many effect you feed it through.
And you're spot on about Glover being the weakest of the lot.

This was the first metal song
youtube.com/watch?v=U8jOhqOsouM&t=1s
Black Sabbath's first album is just Blues Rock

Vincebus Eruptum. But Blue Cheer and Black Sabbath together are what really informed Heavy Metal, imo

Attached: Blue Cheer.jpg (1000x1000, 872K)

Attached: 1551048824180.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

it was tho

not metal

john coltrane and other free jazzers made some terrorizing, aggressive music in the late 60s.

>metal evolved from free jazz
based

Which in turn led to normie-repellant extraordinaire - Magma.

Ozzy had that nickname since childhood and sabbath is named after a movie. You failed