/prod/ - Music Production General

New to production? Check it; pastebin.com/B683ANRS
Post what you're looking for in feedback. GIVE feedback to get feedback.
Post WIP's in; instaud.io
or any other anonymous audio online storage website.
DON'T link to Soundclouds or youtube channels.

Attached: studio.png (650x366, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3BQj
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJXHDs-Wi4M.
instaud.io/3BRE
clyp.it/qnjwdhth
clyp.it/jcfqcgms
instaud.io/3BTH
instaud.io/3BUs
instaud.io/3BTZ
clyp.it/ma1z4sy4
instaud.io/3BWj
instaud.io/3BWm
instaud.io/3BWq
instaud.io/3BWw
instaud.io/3BWz
instaud.io/3BWC
clyp.it/qp41zsp1
s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=08177774981193724214&t=0817777498119372421468587
youtube.com/watch?v=OnW6rQ_z9Ug
youtu.be/fGRBvhE6Gk4?t=1058
clyp.it/ietdp3sb
youtube.com/watch?v=89MiT4o3YTI
instaud.io/3BZn
vocaroo.com/i/s1nrfkf7z9zf
clyp.it/5zunri1o
instaud.io/3C1t
mega.nz/#F!HhQQVJRY!XGJ6-lTZ-qiaxrkFRqIexg
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
learnjapaneseonline.info/2014/12/06/the-key-to-japanese-kanji-pronunciation-meet-the-sound-sisterhoods/
youtube.com/watch?v=8TAGndTQ13s
instaud.io/3C2F
evenant.com/courses/
torrentz2.cc/search?f=masterclass
audioz.download/tutorials/video/153557-download_masterclass-timbaland-teaches-producing-and-beatmaking-tutorial-synthic4te.html
clyp.it/hgmhl5lx
instaud.io/3Cc8
instaud.io/3CdI
instaud.io/3CeA
mega.nz/#!4xdnwQQZ!H0p8Yb9NeCcsiV1DKjalzNnzvP8h6k7VJunJNd5UsMA
instaud.io/3Cfa
archive.org/details/audio
google.com/search?q=online crate digging
remixpacks.ru/
instaud.io/3Cfw
youtube.com/watch?v=kTUR9IVwIck
instaud.io/3CfQ
instaud.io/3Cg5
youtube.com/watch?v=fXR7SIhXqlk
instaud.io/3Cgb
soundcloud.com/a28829382sjsjwi2828/untitled
instaud.io/3Cgr
instaud.io/3Cgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hey its my first time making dubstep
any pointers on what to do would be cool thanks
instaud.io/3BQj

I wish demarcus still made dungeon trap

That’s not dubstep, but you are on to something

Do you guys start with a scale or play by ear? Am I overthinking this shit? I just want to get good at improvising and playing ideas like this dude m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJXHDs-Wi4M. How does he know in which scale he's playing already

less percussions, mix too wide, lack of sub/bass
I play by ear, if you pick an instrument and start improvising over other songs you would stop overthinking, also
>output

instaud.io/3BRE

REAL MUSIC

You are overthinking it. you really only need to decide between 2 scales, major or minor. And this is a pretty easy choice if you know the differences in sound between the two.

If you are new to improvising with keys, you could try limiting your playing to only white keys (major) or only black keys (minor), then transpose the notes to the specific key that sound good to your ears.

Can I create music if I don't know notes and all that stuff?

yes

Your mastering Is way too quiet.

There are only 12 notes user.

Nah, I turned down the master volume so nobody steals it

if you can't be bothered to learn the notes then you don't like making music so whatever you manage to shit out is gona be shit :)

literally just got signed and all I had to do was cranking up izotope maximizer get fucked shithead

You won't get good quality tho, it's 320mp3

tfw lost all motivation to do anything to with music anymore even though it's supposed to be my main passion in life

Attached: 1527808851697.jpg (408x593, 161K)

*to do

if you have a casio synthesizer, check if it has a WarmPadG preset, on mine it was under "GM presets" or some shit and it was number 356. one of the best synthesizer sounds i heard. put it through a stereoizer with some reverb and compression it sounds killer. literally any notes you play sound good together, it's one of those presets

same, I blame two stressful days at work next week

should be back to normal next Thursday

post clyp

>only white keys (major) or only black keys (minor)

Attached: 1549188395521.png (500x522, 148K)

It's a LoFi aesthetic

that tip was taken directly from Hans Zimmer’s master class video

I don't habeeb it.

Attached: major scales.jpg (542x858, 76K)

Thoughts on these? Is it too repetitive? It's for my band and there will be lyrics over music.
It's also not mixed

clyp.it/qnjwdhth
clyp.it/jcfqcgms

I tried but ableton doesn't seem to like exporting right now for some reason :( will have another go later

>only black keys (minor)
That would be pentatonic... and all white keys can be minor as well as major. The only scale that exists is the major scale ;)
If you play a lot of music you just know... like, I've played a shit ton of music for almost two decades now and I just sat down at the piano and made this up on the spot (a week or two ago when I was trying to understand modes):
instaud.io/3BTH
If you were to ask me to play that now though I don't think I would be able to recreate it instantly. I would need to work through a couple things and it could potentially take me 10-15 minutes to figure out what I did. In that sense... does anyone have any tips for me? Would more ear training help me be able to transcribe my shit?

Attached: 1524013678007.png (512x512, 144K)

I was installing a plugin and the vst2 was 18mb but the vst3 was 3mb. Does that mean the vst3 was dependent on the vst2 and I needed to install both?

instaud.io/3BUs

demarcus tribute

>VstFree.com curates a wide range of free (legal) VST Instruments and effects.

sites rip,alternatives?

imo the key to improvising is knowing the chord changes and any altered notes within those chords. For example, say the key of your song is in C major. You’re free to play around with notes in the C major scale while the chords are in C major, but if a D major 7 chord were played, instead of F natural and C natural you would play F# and C#. Obv it gets more complicated than this, but its a better starting point then attempting to memorize a bunch of modes

You don't need a thousand different third party vsts to make music

So I cracked Syntorial this weekend, it's a really nice app that teaches sound design, and how to recreate sounds by ear. It has like 9 hours of video just for learning Serum, also some other synths that nobody cares about (lol Massive).

Can share if anyone's interested.

I think I have 3 packs of it, not Serum and that though. What else is there?

Fixed, sorry. It was supposed to be vst4free

There's the base course with their own synth (Primer), and the lesson packs for Serum, Massive, Sylenth1, Cakewalk, and Minimoog Voyager.

Turns out once you crack the license and neuter the network checks, all the lesson packs are just zip files hosted on mediafire without any authentication...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1361x744, 236K)

Yes please, if you have the additional packs it would be great.
All the downloads I found had missing files.

>supposed to
no?

Are the Serum ones good? I've already seen the duda walkthrough, will this guy tell me anything new?

instaud.io/3BTZ
im back with a better mix

better than what

this

I'm still going through it, but it's pretty different from anything else out there.
The way it works is you watch a couple videos to learn a new concept, then they give you a sample patch and you have to recreate something close to it by ear.
You can listen to what the patch sounds like, but you don't see the settings, so you learn what each dials and setting in Serum does by actually learning to hear the difference.

I'm downloading the last pack I was missing and repacking it into an installer, then I can upload it somewhere (probably a torrent).

Yo whats up everyone- happy Sunday hope youre all chillin and shit

Looking for feedback on a dance track:

clyp.it/ma1z4sy4

Specifically:
>does it bang?
>does the arrangement flow well?
>how would you compare it in terms of quality to some of your favorite house tracks?
>does the bass ""bop"" and have a good interplay with the drums?

Some background if you want:

I've been producing for 9 years so I'm not new to this stuff and I've had various projects and releases over the years (not dance music) that have had a moderate amount of local attention and on the soundclown, my aspirations were always hobby level with this stuff

BUT

I've always wanted to get into the dance/club music scene (maybe professionally but for right now I'm focusing on having a release at all) and have always been really intimidated by the whole thing, for a long time I had a perception that it was "too competitive" for me or whatever.

A couple months ago I got the Rick Snoman book and I've been trying really hard to just hone my abilities to hopefully put out a serious release this year and I'm looking for feedback from other musicians- unfortunately all my musician friends dont like this kind of music, I usually make hip hop, noise, post-punk - stuff like that with them.

I have a decent amount of experience with production in general and would be happy to return feedback on WIP in almost any genre that is heavily electronic.

I made this with Reason if that matters to anyone
>TL;DR I've been a giant pussy for years about making and releasing "underground" club music and I'm trying to change that. Do I have a shot? Some tips to get better? Will help out others today if they post WIP.

Attached: Tr909.jpg (450x271, 41K)

Nobody is gonna trust an installer m8.
Just upload the files and put a .txt with the instructions on where to put them.

It didn't blow me away

How does the Serum one work?
Does it load the serum vst into syntorial and makes you turn the knobs?
Or is it just videos and quizzes?

If it does, are the knobs locked to steps like with Primer?

I'm not really into house but this sounds dated and bland

honestly thanks for listening anyways. I'm hoping to improve any more specific tips?

My tip would be just make more shit. Like, abandon that and do another. Post clyp in 1 hour

>My tip would be just make more shit. Like, abandon that and do another. Post clyp in 1 hour

I legit might take you up on that, I'm gonna grab some food first and then try and actually time myself. That song has about 2.5 hours into it (not continuous) so it should challenge my focus.

thanks user

I get your point, but I mean I patched the app file to bypass protections, so you're running my code either way.

But yeah I guess I'll just ship the official installer and patch files in a Crack/ folder, that's simpler.

No, the challenges are still on Primer. The main course is common no matter what VST you use, that includes the quizzes, challenges and most lessons.

But then the base "essentials" course has some "On your own" videos that ask you to basically find a VST of your choice and do a project.

Well each pack replaces those generic On Your Own videos with a detailed walkthrough, so for Serum you get 9 hours of in-depth explanations on how to apply the sound design concepts they teach.

So if I did the normal Syntorial course (just with Primer), the Serum packs would be the exact same thing, only with a Serum video instead of the audio-only "on your own" end clip?

>I get your point, but I mean I patched the app file to bypass protections, so you're running my code either way.
Not necessarily.
The cracked Syntorial installer is easy to find everywhere.
It's the packs that are hard to find, so we might use the installer from AudioZ (that we trust more than some random user, no offense) with the downloaded packs from you.

Still, thank you very much for your work. We do appreciate it, but it's not very safe to download some exe from an anonymous user on Yea Forums.

I'm super early to making music so most of what I've done is pretty bad, here are several songs I've made which are all pretty different in genre. Tell me if any of it is good and how I can fix it and whatever if you have the time to listen to any of my trash

>songs:

instaud.io/3BWj

instaud.io/3BWm

instaud.io/3BWq

instaud.io/3BWw

instaud.io/3BWz

instaud.io/3BWC

As far as I can tell, yeah.

Well, I can either make a huge 8GB torrent with all the packs, or just ship the crack and let people download it themselves from the app. Picrelated is what I was going for.
The thing is the Minimoog pack is 3GB by itself (for some reason, even tho it's not any longer in terms of video), so if you want a fat torrent I'd still have ~60 minutes of download.

Also I'm not sure where I'm going to upload this. Registration on tpb doesn't seem to be working and I don't speak potato so rutracker is a stretch.

Forgot pic.

Attached: Untitled.png (795x595, 43K)

For not really popular torrents like this you're better off just using a file sharing site like mega or mediafire because people are probably not gonna seed for long.
But if I had to choose a tracker I'd definitely go with Audionews.
I don't have my account anymore so I can't give you an invite, but it should open in a couple of days (registration is open one day at the beginning of every month), or you can ask the admins to let you in anyway since you have something useful to upload.

Yeah I really can't be bothered to keep an account on private trackers. I'm one of those people that like sharing for the sake of sharing, I have no desire to deal with power tripping mods and their oversized egos.
I I'll just post a link here for now, and I guess it'll be on Soulseek since that's zero effort.

What's your slsk username (or the first few characters)?

mlkj
Not online for the next few hours, since all my files are on Linux.

Alright, thank you very much.

drums are fairly decent (sounds like some new order shit though so that might actually be a bad thing) but those sounds.... idk, i would have more focus on sound design in the future.... really the base sounds are fine-ish but you're not pushing them into really being attention grabbing (that's partially a mix thing too though).
I agree with the user who says just write a new song though

>.
bro don't spend time trying to polish a turd, that's just wasted time. You're shit right now, just keep making songs and know that they're completely disposable. If you seek validation here you are going to be hurt, but ask when you have *specific* questions

Summer and Miami are pretty good

more or less I was looking for actual critique since I can't seem to find anyone who'll tell me what's off about things

What the fuck, this is amazing. Why has no one tried to make a commercial version of this?

Attached: uhe-triplecheese.jpg (1000x492, 182K)

can't you tell by listening?

wait, is this a demarcus side project?

I know it isn't good, but I don't really have the knowledge to know what is and isn't good about it

clyp.it/qp41zsp1

tryna get back into beats

I feel like this is something I don't quite get, but yeah music is just a hobby for me

Demarcus is a well known poster here.

Alright, here's the Syntorial full crack. All the packs can be downloaded directly from the app.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:41cc5dd2349f4a2dab0adabfffbf28859cca0b05&dn=Syntorial%201.6.401%20Full%20(All%20Lesson%20Packs)&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.uw0.xyz%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.kamigami.org%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce

s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=08177774981193724214&t=0817777498119372421468587

Attached: Untitled.png (992x694, 132K)

oh alright, I've only been on this board a couple times as of current

Anybody tired of the techno stuff. This last years I been working with the session view in Live but Im tired of working with loops and tired of listening to pop/electronic dance music aswell. I want to make real songs, with melody and development. I think Im going to switch to Renoise. Anybody feeling like this?

what the fuck is this post lol

>Im tired of working with loops
>Im going to switch to Renoise

Attached: niggre.jpg (750x747, 68K)

>man, I'm tired of the norm so I'm not using ableton any more, not like ableton is just a good program and can be used for more than generic electronic

youtube.com/watch?v=OnW6rQ_z9Ug

Drums at the start are too high energy (especially for an intro) and repetitive. I don't "feel" the rhythm and they sound WAAAY too quantized. Shift them in time so they don't sound too robotic and definitely change the velocity/volume of each hit so they don't have that "machine gun" or "broken record" effect.
The snare is a bit too "white-noise-y" and harsh for my taste, but that's just me.
Both the kick and snare don't fit the genre or "vibe" very well.

The chord's rhythm is too basic and boring, especially at that tempo (if you halved the time its repetitiveness would be less apparent, as your attention would shift to other elements by the time the next change came), and also I don't like that every interval is the same but it's a common thing for the genre so whatever.

Actually all the melodies are too basic and non-entertaining (if that makes sense). Makes it sound like you didn't compose any of it and used random midi files in the same key. The song doesn't make me feel anything.

The transitions between sections are too sudden and unexpected. You need to "lead into them" so the whole thing flows together nicely (very important in this genre), and be careful about suddenly stopping an instrument.

All the sound design/selection is bad. Like "I took presets and made them worse" kind of bad. Get Syntorial from the torrent posted ITT or from audioz and make interesting sounds.

I hate that the song just fades out (obviously this is a personal opinion). Composing an outro maked it so much better.

uhe have a module like this in zebra 2

Melodic stuff is quite nice but the drums sound like ass imo, not a fan of the samples you've used and the beat is too stale sounding (although the composition itself isn't bad, I think it's mainly the sounds themselves)

It's hard to say what exactly it is about them but that's the area I'd focus on

Downloaded, thanks.

Why you guys get triggered. Its not like you are signed to warp. Btw I never said Live is a bad DAW, that was just a plus.
I said the loop thing because I been listening to jazz lately and want to make something more melodic like Isao Tomita shit.

Try Reason if you really feel that way, I've been on it for a few years because I felt Ableton forced me too much into "loop" mentality.

But real real talk, your DAW isn't REALLY holding you back.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me

how doth one produce hardtechno in fl studio?

youtu.be/fGRBvhE6Gk4?t=1058

Attached: 1556228148467.jpg (914x960, 84K)

Looks like one of those AI-generated images, but with the wrong data to learn from, so it ends up loooking like a bunch of candy wraps and trash.

>Try Reason if you really feel that way, I've been on it for a few years because I felt Ableton forced me too much into "loop" mentality.
Looks like Reason didn't solve your problem.

Renoise's patterns are just clips -- it's just as, if not more, loop based than Live.
Use Reaper.

>But real real talk, your DAW isn't REALLY holding you back.

>But real real talk, your DAW isn't REALLY holding you back.

post clyp

Wow, a strawman and an ad-hominem in the same post, nice.

>start making music 15 years ago
>immediately fall into coma
>want to start again
>wake up and want to post on my favorite anime website
>"oh shit, a new board!"
>so ableton is only for techno right?

clyp.it/ietdp3sb

>daw matters

what's so special about it

>>daw matters
>posts electronic music made up of blocks/clips/patterns/whatever you want to call it
What did he mean by this?
Seriously though, that track is decent and has a nice build up with subtle variations to the clips as it goes along, but it's heavily loop based which is not what that dude wants to make.

the clyp is unrelated to the discussion, I mean, proving somebody wrong isn't what's going to motivate me to produce. anyway, thanks for the comment

just saying the daw can't stop you from playing your music the way you want it

Yall miss me? I gigged with my punk band today after noon.

>dont worry about mixing
>sounds are nice and work together pretty well give or take a few tweaks
>worry about mixing
>everything goes straight to hell and becomes an unsalvageable mess

the fuck?

Attached: bu93js.png (500x402, 155K)

mixing is a meme

How do I make kick like here?
youtube.com/watch?v=89MiT4o3YTI
At 1:00 min

overload saturator... or waveshaper....
hold on imma try it because i make hella kicks and i'm pretty sure this is an easy one

yeh i get something like instaud.io/3BZn
with pic related

kick quick from scratch though so obviously use something that's already pretty close... there's noise layered in my patch too so maybe try adding a touch

Attached: kick.png (1013x275, 81K)

Cool man, thanks.

Attached: 1516140853846.jpg (640x755, 216K)

how do you go with creating kicks with synths

it's a very low pitched midi note i know
so what if you make it with two notes, a tritone especifically

sammy hates synths, stop trolling man, you're not him
the retardedness of the way you asked it is too far over the top

You could try, but it's not recommended because low notes don't harmonize well together due to the beating (the phasing that you hear when two frequencies are vey close) being too strong and messy (while in higher frequencies the beating can even sound pleasant).
If you're just using pure sines it sound ok, but as soon as you introducer higher harmonics it will be an unfixable mess, just like when you try playing chords with bass.

Not saying you should never do it, but if you want it to not sound like absolute garbage you need a good understanding of mixing, sound design, and how frequencies interact with each other.

stop mocking me

im trying to make some industrial rock. Would the Korg volca sample be a viable choice ? i am trying to get something inexpensive for the mean time

Attached: C5ACD1D8-8A29-4709-AB19-43B35BE09052.jpg (620x620, 185K)

What are some industrial rock bands?

Nine inch nails duh

Is this an existing song? I really need to know vocaroo.com/i/s1nrfkf7z9zf

Jesus Christ turn the fucking gain down, I can hear the noise floor on phone speakers for fucks sake

I wish I wasn't alive.

quit lying

it's probably my computer fan or the noise the interface creates when the power supply isnt connected

I think the waldorf blofeld module could be up your alley. Quite aggressive and harsh if you want it to be and not much more expensive used. Buying volcas is throwing out money in my opinion if you're on a budget.

I don't see how this is a tribute I feel like this is probably better than anything I've made

nigga we love you come back

clyp.it/5zunri1o feedback on the mix?

nigga we hate you please stay away

Attached: 1550416955189.jpg (970x474, 44K)

No but for real, this thread has noticeably improved since the whole Demarcus "cult of personality" stopped, and the hate you used to get 24/7 decreased dramatically too.

I'm not saying you should stop coming, but please stay anonymous and as unrecognizable as possible like the rest of us.
It's a win-win situation.

I still cannot convince you to do just one dungeon synth track with strings, flutes and no percussion?

I understand and I do feel bad for shitting up the threads so badly but ever since everything happened I feel a lot less motivated to make music.

I can try.

Sorry to hear that, but if you need the personal connection and community, then you'd probably better off with another type of forum.
Maybe try Discord or Reddit, or perhaps even a Facebook group, while coming here anonymously.
This place is for the anonymous discussions, and having a persona will always ultimately lead to people hating you and treating you like shit, which as far as I understand, you really don't need it in your situation.

stop being retarded and just turn the gain down instead of blaming shit

it wont help because of the reasons i mentioned

do you pick a scale before making a song

That's literally what the gain is for dumbass

Why does this get asked every thread

Scale picks me and I obey.

i'm sammy and i get treated well

I do all my songs in the pelog scale only

LMAO

no, i pick strings and record that

Aphex Twin Wannabee

かわいいから

Attached: Samantha_Campos.png (640x640, 984K)

Made a loop earlier. Needs melodics but here ya go

instaud.io/3C1t

Are you the dude who's been learning Japanese?

こわいい
I put it on hold around 8 months ago and haven't started back up yet. I've seen at least one other user post Japanese in these threads though.

Attached: Vocaloid1_screenshot.jpg (1165x868, 273K)

How long do you think it would take for an average English speaker to learn enough Japanese to be able to understand the general sense of what people are saying in movies/videos and IRL (but without speaking it, just passively understand the language)?

That sounds great. Do you have an example?

If you don't care about reading and are only interested in slice of life/everyday type language... maybe around 400-600 hours of study.
mega.nz/#F!HhQQVJRY!XGJ6-lTZ-qiaxrkFRqIexg
1) Newbie Seasons 2 + 3 OR Newbie Season 4 (if you don’t feel confident about the material, do both)
2) Newbie Season 5
3) Beginner Seasons 4-6
4) Lower Intermediate Seasons 2-6 (in reverse order)
5) Advanced Audio Blog Season 1
6) Upper Intermediate Seasons 1-5
7) Advanced Audio Blog Seasons 2-6
Have fun. There might even been some funny audio clips to sample for your tunes in there. Some of the voice actors are really good. Some are absolutely terrible.

Cool, thank you very much.
What about reading?
You have to learn Both Kanji and Kana scripts to be able to read stuff right?
How long would that take?

Is portugal like some kind of bizarro-country where you say the opposite of what you mean?

Katakana and hiragana are easy and can be learned in a week or less but you might trip yourself up on some similar ones early on (ぬめれね), but that's okay. Kanji is a beast that'll take some time and I'm not sure what the best approach is. I'm not even sure how to estimate the time involved.
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
The "Complete Guide" is a lie; what you really want to go through is the "grammar guide"
He knows it's all fun and games.

I see...
What about a ballpark estimate? Just so I can decide if it's worth it or not.

It looks like I've poured ~900 hours into kanji (+vocabulary) alone... but I used to grind fantasy jargon in addition to everyday life stuff. That seems like a huge number, but I don't feel like it was that much work plus kanji make reading a lot easier. Knowing the readings is the biggest pain in the ass at first, but a lot of the time there is a method to the madness:
learnjapaneseonline.info/2014/12/06/the-key-to-japanese-kanji-pronunciation-meet-the-sound-sisterhoods/
I would recommend giving it a shot. At the very least make your way through the mega link I posted above. That should get you to the point of being able to watch slice of life shows without subs.

>It looks like I've poured ~900 hours into kanji (+vocabulary) alone... but I used to grind fantasy jargon in addition to everyday life stuff. That seems like a huge number, but I don't feel like it was that much work plus kanji make reading a lot easier. Knowing the readings is the biggest pain in the ass at first, but a lot of the time there is a method to the madness:
>learnjapaneseonline.info/2014/12/06/the-key-to-japanese-kanji-pronunciation-meet-the-sound-sisterhoods/
Thanks. Bookmarked the link.

>I would recommend giving it a shot. At the very least make your way through the mega link I posted above. That should get you to the point of being able to watch slice of life shows without subs.
Sure. I'm still deciding, but if I decide to learn it, I'll start with that.
I don't really have a need for it, and I just want to learn it because I want to learn about the history and culture, and of course one day visit the country itself, as it's the one I want to visit the most.

>slice of life shows
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but slice of life shows are those where they show normal every day stuff?
Are they the most useful for learning the language?

>where they show normal every day stuff?
Yes. Anything else will jack up the amount of vocabulary required for understanding.
>Are they the most useful for learning the language?
If you just want to talk to people about life, yes. They will also be the easiest due to the relatively smaller vocabulary pool.

Got it, thank you very much.

What constitutes slice of life exactly?
Would a show like pic related fit your description, or does it have to be strictly about everyday life stuff?

Attached: gaki no tsukai.jpg (1414x788, 185K)

Man, Cash 4 Gold ads are way different over there.

The Spitfire guy is blowing his load on youtube, its invaluable

youtube.com/watch?v=8TAGndTQ13s

Attached: 1130646 (1).jpg (786x442, 77K)

Whatever interests you would be the best... otherwise you'll get bored and drop it.
That guy seems like he loves his job. I'm a bit jealous.

Attached: GTO-_Great_Teacher_Onizuka_-_Drama-p1.jpg (750x324, 36K)

god damnit that's exactly the kind of shit i do to make pads with iris and absynth lmao

i actually have a bunch of ice samples i haven't used.... so thanks for the inspiration, maybe i'll do something like bjork's vespertine tomorrow :p

for real, imagine just going out, recording shit and doing sound design for a living. Must be amazing.

>slice of life
kind of a misleading/toobroad term. slice of life varies quite a lot based on *whose* life it is. More often than not, when people say slice of life they mean iyashikei, which is basically a "chill out" show where the characters are doing their everyday shit and it's not a full on comedy.

best place to get vst torrents ?

>iyashikei, which is basically a "chill out" show where the characters are doing their everyday shit and it's not a full on comedy.
And what's the appeal of that?
Not judging, just curious.

Is GTO (assuming it's like the anime, which I used to watch as a kid) slice of life?

Escapism, turn your brain off and it'll be okay kinda deal. I thought it sounded dumb and boring until I tried it.

Supposedly it has more appeal to a Japanese audience

Ah I see, thank you.

Bad chart. Spells scales wrong, has wrong keys highlited on some

Right hand should play on up beats not down beats, that made it sound square. Work with metronome on 2 and 4. Learn diminished chords and other substitute chords for more interesting harmony

I pick a prime number of rare scales and alternate between them at odd intervals throughout the song in shifting modular patterns.

I've started a second shitty thing. Only bass and drums so far. Will do rythm and then lead tomrrow. Feedback would be nice it's only my second song.
instaud.io/3C2F

WHy not switch to the arrnagment view, I don't touch the clip view that's for teens

pitiful bump

im here, kevin

do anyone have the course named Cinematic Music:
From Idea To Finished Recording by evenant?or any other courses by evenant

evenant.com/courses/

Attached: CM-FITFR-course cover update.jpg (705x386, 76K)

im brazilian

no seeds, pls seed

I have fiber internet I will seed for a week if I can just get it

Anyone?

>It's also not mixed

I didn't listen but what does that mean?

Like you literally recorded sounds without any thought going into how they would fit together?

If you are a band then the "mix" should be like 90% done by literally just filtering the guitars and bass to fit in their own sections lol

ok NOW I listened. what do you want to know? Very generic Jazz/Jazz Fusion tracks you got there I guess- definitely put vocals on them already

Yeah, thanks, that's what I wanted to know, it's nothing special for now, but I still have recording to do with guitars and bass, and maybe real drums if I manage to find someone.

Also, do the instruments sound too fake? Because I'll have to either find real instruments and record or get good Kontakt libraries.

shit anyone knows where i can download/watch the masterclass stuff?

i snagged the Deadmau5 one a while back from someone dropping a mega link and it was actually a decent experience. But i keep seeing Timbaland doing one and i'm curious because i actually like/respect him as a producer and i'm hoping i can get some knowledge about his drum design

it's basic meme shit

>everyone at 0%

Attached: 1550961446975.png (478x456, 407K)

Anyone? Some feedback would be appreciated.

What is the best DAW for piano music? Most stuff I’ve seen don’t support music notation and seem to want really hard for me to work with loops. Is Reaper any good?

I have one of these janky microphones that came with a speaker unit I bought for something and I'd like to use it with my UW2 without buying a pre-amp. I already own three other microphones which the UX2 has a built-in preamp for, but since this cheap thing is 1/4" it needs an amp.

Are there converter cables for 1/4" to XLR or should I just invest in a $50 pre-amp?

Attached: pro jank.jpg (300x210, 12K)

saw the thumbnail and thought it's some kind of bdsm device for a sec

basically is, came with a $150 HEX808 speaker as a basic mc mic.

LMMS accepts midi scores

Attached: 1556563124709.jpg (900x873, 61K)

You'll find them on random trackers.
torrentz2.cc/search?f=masterclass
Due to the word "masterclass" being so common you'll have to search specific ones (the timbaland isn't there yet).

Actually it's on AudioZ lol
audioz.download/tutorials/video/153557-download_masterclass-timbaland-teaches-producing-and-beatmaking-tutorial-synthic4te.html

You'll probably find other results on this google search:
google.com/search?q="MasterClass.Timbaland.Teaches.Producing.and.Beatmaking.TUTORiAL-SYNTHiC4TE"

It's also on Soulseek.

why would you/I drink alone?

Are any of the masterclasses actually good?

Because I like alcohol.

Attached: 1540524127093.jpg (1536x1377, 399K)

depression and no friends

No idea. Never watched any except some clips on YT of the deadmau5 one where he talked about very basic stuff.
Maybe he has some insightful things to say in the rest of the course, but these courses always struck me as surface level stuff for normal people to see how the pros work, rather than as actual courses made to teach people stuff.
Maybe I'm wrong and it's not all surface level stuff, but if that's the case what's the point in getting world class masters to teach people the same basics that anyone else can teach?
Why didn't they get them to teach the top-level stuff that separates them from the masses of amateurs?
I really hope I'm wrong.

They're entertaining, and every now and then (maybe once per 7 videos) you'll learn something you haven't seen on a youtube tutorial.
t. I watched the Deadmaus one and half the Van Buuren

>Why didn't they get them to teach the top-level stuff that separates them from the masses of amateurs?
Because masterclass wants to make money

Why did you abandon the Van Buren one (if you did)? What did you learn if you still remember?

>the top-level stuff that separates them from the masses of amateurs
Because creativity can't be taught. All the masses of amateur know the same rules, you can't teach the pack to stand out of the pack.

>Because masterclass wants to make money
Yeah, sadly I think that's the case.
In an ideal world they would've made two courses for each person: One for mainstream audiences to make money and one (perhaps more expensive) about the top level stuff for aspiring professionals looking to seriously learn.
This way they would've made money from the mainstream people and from the professionals as well (which would've also improved the reputation of the whole site, compared to its current one where everyone who's ever seen one says it's not worth the money), with a small increase in the talent hiring expenses.

I'm not talking about creativity.
A professional who's good at his job and has years of experience working at the highest levels with the top people will have a much deeper and more refined body of knowledge that they can teach.
It's not all the same basic info, and creativity (which to a certain degree CAN be taught) isn't the only difference between a pro and an amateur.
Imagine a producer being mentored by a random YouTube "teacher" vs being mentored by a successful excellent professional (any producer that you consider a master).
You really believe they'd teach you the same stuff?

Besides, I'm not just talking about the music ones, but about the site as a whole, regardless of the discipline being taught.

Should I put in my cv/job application that I make music in DAWs and play couple of instruments, and more importantly that I am an autodidact? How would you even word it?

What kind of job is it?
You need to word it in a way that makes it sem like you being able to do those things makes you a better candidate for the job than someone who isn't.

>You really believe they'd teach you the same stuff?
I believe that teaching is a skill in and of itself, and that you can be the world's greatest artist without any clue as to how you got there. "I just make teh music lmao".
There's skill that can't be taught through passive listening or reading. I'm calling that creativity as a shortcut, but you'd be a fool to think you can just wrap up what makes the best artists in a few videos and expect people to absorb any of it.

There's no secret, there's no magic sauce. You can learn the well-known technique, but you can't learn success.

>I believe that teaching is a skill in and of itself, and that you can be the world's greatest artist without any clue as to how you got there. "I just make teh music lmao".
Yes, but a seasoned expert will still have something valuable to teach you that a random teacher wouldn't, even if they were the worst teachers ever.
Not to mention how random tutorial makers aren't exactly the best teachers. In fact, most of them are just mediocre producers who teach to survive, not because they have some sort of teaching talent, so you're still better off getting the pro.

>There's skill that can't be taught through passive listening or reading.
Then don't epect that to be taught, lmao.
There's so much else that CAN be taught, why dismiss the whole thing just because SOME things can't?

>I'm calling that creativity as a shortcut, but you'd be a fool to think you can just wrap up what makes the best artists in a few videos and expect people to absorb any of it.
Nobody is saying that pros can make a course that can turn people from amateurs to top-level professionals, obviously.
We're just saying that pros can teach you advanced concepts that the usual tutorial maker can't teach you.
Or you think that since they can't turn you into a pro, then they have absolutely nothing that they can teach you that a random youtuber doesn't teach?

Answer my question:
Imagine a producer being mentored by a random YouTube "teacher" vs being mentored by a successful excellent professional (any producer that you consider a master).
You really believe they'd teach you the same stuff?

>There's no secret, there's no magic sauce. You can learn the well-known technique, but you can't learn success.
You're grasping at so much straw that you ended up accidentally building a strawman.

I didn't abandon it, I'm still in-progress but since they don't seem to hold any particular value I just watch em slowly when I feel like it.
From that so far I've leaned that Buuren is likely gay or at least bi given the way he looks at his studio "partner" and that he recommends just jamming til you have a track,
The Deadmaus one highlights were his anecdotes about performing and music business, all the sound design and arrangement stuff was largely the same shit you'd find for free.

Overall I'd be pissed if I had paid for the classes individually but I guess if you subscribe the value is there at least in entertainment, but finding a youtube channel you like is still a better value.

Not your guy but honestly yeah, there's a "most correct" way to do lots of this stuff so I imagine the people that know their shit would all advise you roughly the same way.

>wasted 150 bucks on a fucking piano
>again
Why the fuck do I do this? I don't even make any money from music.

>Not to mention how random tutorial makers aren't exactly the best teachers
Sure, that's fair. But just due to large numbers, some random Youtuber somewhere is going to be way better at teaching than the seasoned expert. That's whose videos you should be watching.
You don't learn to fly from a really good fighter jet pilot, you want to learn from whoever his flight instructor was. Different jobs.

>There's so much else that CAN be taught, why dismiss the whole thing just because SOME things can't?
Because you're going to be sold snake oil if you think there's some secret only the big boys know, if only they'd make a video about it.

I'm not saying watching videos from experts are bad, that's not the point. I'm sure some of them are also great teachers just by coincidence.
The point is you're gonna be disappointed if you think only a few pros know the super rare advanced concepts that you couldn't possibly learn anywhere else.

>Or you think that since they can't turn you into a pro, then they have absolutely nothing that they can teach you that a random youtuber doesn't teach?
I think you shouldn't focus on them, there's no reason they'll be better at teaching than a random youtuber. Because learning the technique isn't hard, even the advanced technique.
Anything that can actually be taugh is just a question of time invested, joe random youtuber isn't any dumber than you. If you think you can learn it, why would it be out of their reach?

>Imagine a producer [...]
No, the argument's simple, it's not just a subjective belief.
There's more of the random Youtube teacher and there's no reason to believe they all got the recognition they deserve for their talent, so if you took the best of the small pool of successful excellent professional, it wouldn't be the best person you can learn from period. Not even close.

Not her but what youtube teacher(s) do you recommend

Not that entity but 12tone.

I got home and I downloaded successfully. I have Fiber and I'm gonna seed for a week. Get it while you can

watching the new gayme of thrones atm. some battle scene is playing as im typing this and browsing 4chin. kinda boring desu

>instaud.io/3BRE
needs better mix but i like this alot

oh boi

Attached: 1556504770652.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

I got it but I can't seed it apparently, seems like qbittorent is being shit once again

Author here, I'm seeding, I was just away for some time and though people'd keep it up in the meantime.

There's a correct way to do lots of the basic stuff that everyone knows how to do.
Obviously if you ask a pro and a youtuber how to use a compressor they'll tell you the same thng, but it's self-evident that the professonal will have a lot of advanced knowledge and "tips and tricks" that they've learned/discovered throughout the years.
I myself have delved a bit deeper into certain subjects when I needed to, learning specific advanced technical concepts, and I could potentially teach them to someone, giving them information that your average tutorial maker doesn't even know exists.
I can't imagine that a moron like me knows about advanced stuff and professionals who've been clearly doing it better than the rest of us only know the basics.

>But just due to large numbers, some random Youtuber somewhere is going to be way better at teaching than the seasoned expert.
Ok, assuming I'm subscribed to these youtubers who are both good at what they do, and can teach well, would they have to say the same things that a top-level producer would?

>You don't learn to fly from a really good fighter jet pilot, you want to learn from whoever his flight instructor was. Different jobs.
Not even close to the truth.
A good jet pilot may exclusively have the knowledge that his teacher gave him, but most likely he'll have knowledge that he himself has developed over years of practice, as well as a mix of the knowledge that different teachers have given to him.
I'd much rather get the condensed knowledge of a guy that is guaranteed to be good, rather than a guy who only happened to give some info to the guy who's good.

1/4

>Because you're going to be sold snake oil if you think there's some secret only the big boys know, if only they'd make a video about it.
>I'm not saying watching videos from experts are bad, that's not the point. I'm sure some of them are also great teachers just by coincidence.
>The point is you're gonna be disappointed if you think only a few pros know the super rare advanced concepts that you couldn't possibly learn anywhere else.
Again with the strawman.
Read slowly:
I am not talking about some secret information that nobody knows.
I'm talking about advanced concepts that aren't the typical basics that everyone knows, as well as "tips and tricks" on specific things that they found are effective from years of experience working with top-level people.
What's valuable is the condensed knowledge of a professional compared to the condensed knowledge of an amateur.
I's absolutely absurd to suggest that the professional wouldn't know how to do things better (especially considering the often mediocre quality of the music that the youtube teachers produce, so clearly the pros don't do the exact same thing as the youtubers in the same way).

>I think you shouldn't focus on them, there's no reason they'll be better at teaching than a random youtuber. Because learning the technique isn't hard, even the advanced technique.
You're assuming that all people who teach production have the same things to teach, and the only difference is their ability to teach, which is retarded.
Of course if that was the case, then a video by a pro wouldn't be much better than a video by a youtuber, but since it's not, a pro will definitely have a different body of knowledge, as well as a different perspective on things.
It's the reason why learning mixing from Dave Pensado's videos is so much better than learning it from random EDM producers.
There's an undeniable difference in knowledge.

2/4

just saw this... bruh..........................................................................................................

In any discipline, the difference between inexperienced people and experienced ones is that as one gets better at performing a task, they "solidify" its fundamental mental processes into their brains as the repetition of the correct practices forms stronger neural pathways.
Inexperienced people tend to have a much broader (conscious) focus, and as they gain expertise they get better at subconsciously focusing on the important things while discarding the unimportant stuff.
Studies even show that experts at tasks that require the visual input of information tend to focus their sight much longer than beginners (who instead spend more time scanning the environment and subconsciously gathering information).
This shows that a random non-expert won't have the same focus on the important effective aspects of the task, and will perform much worse than someone who's an expert and can do the same thing faster AND with better results (because they've subconsiously accumulated a ton of "correct" information about how to do the task).
This is why getting a song mastered by an aword-winning mastering engineer costs many times more than hiring a random local one, even if they worked in the same studio with the same equipment.

Even if they had the same basic knowledge on how to do things the right way, the top-level guy will consistently do better than the average guy, specifically because being good at something and getting good results for a long time will inevitably refine that knowledge to a point where if they started with the same notions, the elite guy will now have ended up with much better knowledge that they can teach.

This applies to literally everything, and especially in music production, since there's a million way to skin every type of cat, so each producer will have their own way of doing things, and seeing how someone who's successful and widely considered to be great does things is still extremely valuable.

3/4

>Anything that can actually be taugh is just a question of time invested
Blatantly false.
Nothing is a linear path.
Some people focus on some things, and others focus on other (possibly les important) stuff.
Some people learn by reading books and some people learn by practicing.
Some people are entirely self taught and can learn wrong stuff, and some people have masters that give them feedback and only get them to learn the optimal way to do things.
If what you said was true, then all producers would have the same skills ass every other producers of the same experience, but we know that this is laughably false.
There are producers who can make top-tier stuff in a couple of years and there are producers who absolutely suck even after decades of daily experience.
Some people are just better than others, and I'd much rather learn from the guy who's better than most in the world (regardless of his teaching skills) than from the guy who sucks but can teach his bullshit very well.

>joe random youtuber isn't any dumber than you. If you think you can learn it, why would it be out of their reach?
Nobody is talking about information being out of reach.

>There's more of the random Youtube teacher and there's no reason to believe they all got the recognition they deserve for their talent
But you can see their work, and I've yet to see a youtuber with world-class output.
And even fi some were, then it would be good to have both the unknown talented teacher AND the successful guy to learn from.
They'd both have something valuable to teach you.
Just because there's one talented dude who teaches well on YT doesn't mean that he can teach you all that you can possibly learn.

>so if you took the best of the small pool of successful excellent professional, it wouldn't be the best person you can learn from period
Only if the knowledge was the same, which as I explained above it's not.

4/4

tried 2 make sum wubs

clyp.it/hgmhl5lx

this is extreme meme shit guys. at least it's free

Attached: FL64_2019-04-30_00-39-10.png (1010x601, 1.16M)

instaud.io/3Cc8

i tweaked the amp env and some other parameter of the default init patch, this is example of how it sounds. didn't touch the noise

how come when i hit the stop button in my DAW some vst's still play audio and it only stops if i change the patch?

Which DAW?
Which plugins?

fl and sunrizer

God I fucking hate those interfaces
>haha look guys it's like real hardware except half he screen is a fucking keyboard so everything is smaller xD

Check Release time

Sorry, I don't use either of those and ca't help you.
Does this happen with other vsts as well or it's just sunrizer?

doubleclick the stop button

What's it supped to do besides waste your time google translating Russian?

I always think of my best beats when I'm taking fat, meaty shit. I don't know it is. Maybe the reverberation of the small space gives my braps the right depth and presence to sound musical, or maybe it's just the blood rushing to my head.

In any case, I've decided to setup a bathroom recorder like zoom or something so that way I can grab these ideas without lifting a cheek. You know what say, you never know when inspiration will strike.

If you can't already tell what all those are supposed to say based off context you're ngmi buddy

you can change but I don't remember how

Attached: schwaolga02-eAVb8uNQEn39NGRW_73jPKFSWjwo7FSS.jpg (700x386, 155K)

I'm sending it to different IT, multimedia and programming firms

listen to my demo my bro

>t. paesants who have no secret weapons

>Sharing your secret weapon
Sounds gay

Having a homoerotic relationship with your labelhead is the real secret weapon.

I got you, thanks for the crack user Im doing it right now and I'm enjoying the software.

I'll still seed just to give back

OH YEAH? POST YOURS THEN FAGGOT
that's right, you don't have any! i'm so SICK and TIRED of you fucking faggots posting about secret weapons like your sounds are so much better than ours, well guess what? THEY'RE NOT FUCK YOU!!!

is ambient even worth making?
is this a valuable track worth listening to?
instaud.io/3CdI

>worth

jesus christ user chill out

not that lifeform but there is something to the "secret sauce" thing and that's kind of what takes you to the place where you can differentiate yourself meaningfully.

tell me something

Sup guys looking for an outboard preamp anyone have any recommendations?

producing is fucking lame i quit forever

>is ambient even worth making?
yeah no shit, if you actually like it
not trying to be mean but no, this track is absolute shit and you should toss it. Who are you listening to that actually sounds like that?

im not trying to sound like anybody

extremely based

okay well if you don't know ambient maybe you should try using a point of reference for what it should sound like

can i have some reference ambient bangers?

bro you're fucking with me
go look on the Yea Forums wiki or some shit, i don't trust you

im serious
help me out here brother

Start with Eno work through to Tim Hecker. That should give you at least a Pedestrian level of understanding.

you shouldn't be allowed to post on Yea Forums if you don't know those two already tbqhwyanon

Do stimulants or you'll never make it.

Like what?

jenkem

weed

You don't really "make" ambient, it's more like you curate it.

fuck that, it just makes me tired, same with alcohol.

>this again

i've got so many fucking rubber making patches/instrument racks i don't know how to save and organize them wtf

Upload them here I'll organize them for you.

Sax sample was kind of cool. Didn't like the cymbal crash. There is zero arrangement whatsoever. The bell sound sounds like a preset. Really sounds like you spent maybe an hour on this.

i will when i inevitably kill myself, so rest assured you'll have them eventually (:

Thanks user, cant't wait!

test
instaud.io/3CeA

coke, 2-FA, 4-FMA, speed (if you're poor), meth, modafinil, tiny doses of LSD.

Where do you get modafinil from since modafinilcat doesn't exist anymore?

How does modafinil even work? Do you feel differently? Are there side effects?

it makes you gay

Just go buy em from highschool kids in your area.

Where do people post acapellas, DIY or studio?

I tried to share a DIY acapella on r/IsolatedVocals but they only accept YouTube links so I couldn't post a Mega.nz link to download the actual file.

Here's the file btw if you want to fuck with Interior Crocodile Alligator mega.nz/#!4xdnwQQZ!H0p8Yb9NeCcsiV1DKjalzNnzvP8h6k7VJunJNd5UsMA

It's pretty much 90 BPM

Doesn't exist on streets where I'm from

>they only accept YouTube
Fucking lmao seriously?

In their tutorials wiki the last entry is how to use youtube-dl.

I don't understand it and I'm upset that I can't share something cool I made because someone's got brain rot.

>just download it from youtube m8, that's how we do it around here
This gave me a mini stroke.

Best effects for processing samples?

they are worried about being banned

twinkie house

All... of... them???
Wtf

Drums def need work and there needs to be more life in the chords, work on getting acid basses to really slide. I really liked that vocoded voice bit sounded straight Detroit. I'd say the best thing you could do right now is to "study" house tracks to get better understand their composition, try some Underground Resistance stuff.

Might be a longshot to get the answer, but I'm using an effect on the master and switching it on and off to get the effect I want. The biggest issue I have is it doesn't sound the smoothest. Sometimes it has a small pop. I can't really think of a better way to do it though. I'm using Logic Pro X.

How do I produce video game music?
I just want to take premade samples and assemble something with them like in the snes/psx days

Attached: 1538022168289.jpg (480x360, 64K)

Okay, so I tweaked the bass in my second song. It's still missing something though. I feel like it isn't repetitive enough for something that is supposed to be the groove of the song but I don't want to waste too much time on it as I'm making it just for practice so I'm going to move onto the rhythm and lead next and leave the percussion and bass as is.
Any feedback or critique would be helpful.
Here is v1: instaud.io/3C2F
Here is my new v2: instaud.io/3Cfa

Thank you. I really need to step up my harmony game but I'm not terribly interested in pursuing jazz. My plan is to stick to a late romantic style.
I do love how Reaper supports a notation view... but if you're truly doing solo piano I feel something like Dorico might be better.
A real piano or a VST/sample library?
Get a tracker.

Kanye West

SNES and PSX worked completely different. PSX used actual audio files while SNES used and 8 voice 16 bit audio sound chip.

If you want to produce like they did back in the day it's a huge pain in the ass and I wouldn't recommend it.

If you're trying to make something that sounds like a SNES game there are a few plugins that can get you those sounds.

I'd check this first for licensing reasons:
archive.org/details/audio

If you don'tcare about copyright, this search should put you on the right track:
google.com/search?q=online crate digging

Definitely get Soulseek too if you haven't already, since it has a ton of music of all kinds ripped in lossless quality.

This has a lot of stems from older songs (some are more usable than others):
remixpacks.ru/

Can you not automate the send level of the effect?
If it's an insert are you able to crossfade between the effected signal and a parallel dry signal?
I don't use Logic so I don't know what tools you have.

That's basically what I'm doing. It's automated to switch on and off through the master track.

I could send them all to a bus and do it that way, but I'm not sure it will make that much of a difference.

It doesn't happen every time it flips back on though so it's possible it's just the way the sounds are hitting when the effect cuts in and out. Maybe I have to adjust the timing, but it really shouldn't have this issue since the switch is landing on beat.

>That's basically what I'm doing
no it's not

the ideal thing to do would be to print the whole master when you're done, duplicate and print a copy with the effect and crossfade between
second most would be automating the dry/wet instead of the vst on and off
third (imo an annoying way) would be to set up two busses before the master, dry and wet, and make a "Switch" between those two (In ableton that would just be a rack on the master which is basically like a consolidated group of busses (much more neat and easy with this method)

I guess I could see the first one fixing the popping issue. Might have to do that.

The second one I couldn't do though since it's an EQ effect. There's no dry/wet. It's either on or off.

Thanks for the help.

I know about tracker, I will have to look further.
I know, what I mean is that I'm seeking that artificial sound. Like midis with different soundfonts.

instaud.io/3Cfw

does it sound mellow nigger trap enough?

bro wtf are you doing, shit's not even demarcus tier

>I know about tracker, I will have to look further.
youtube.com/watch?v=kTUR9IVwIck
Have fun! :3

Super Audio Cart is pretty good from what I've used. I don't know if there's a crack out there for it though.

then what fucking tier is it?

you already know it's not good user, keep working on fundamentals

which in particular?

Anyone?

FUCKING BOTTOM WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY???

same
percussion is just random as shit, same for bass notes... and that bass patch is awful (playing too low(?)) Get some better drum samples
honestly fucking scrap this and move on dude

When even I try to play softsynth in the range of a bass guitar then turn to mush for some reason. Is it an assailing issue?

>assailing issue
?

your bass fundamental is supposed to be 30-60~ hz. That low E on a bass guitar 40~.

Your vst might not always play the same note with the same midi input depending on the settings, it may go an octave higher or lower for whatever reason. Use a spectrum analyzer when in doubt.

Bass is oct1-2 bte

I mean is the reason the softsynth loses note definition in Oct 1 while the bass guitar does because of digital assailing? What is the reason the bass guitar is able to maintain note definition that low but softsynth go to shit?

While the bass guitar doesnt*

instaud.io/3CfQ

Imagine a man wearing a gasmask. In a foggy desolate desert hued in pinkish orange. Directing his hoards of vultures to limp bodies to pick the bones when they're done.

hordes*

>digital assailing
do you mean aliasing? regardless, no
it's not about the synthesizer as an instrument, you shouldn't think of it like that; theoretically a bass guitar timbre could be created 1:1 by a synthesizer; "definition" is about the harmonics that make up a timbre. Think about this: if you run your bass guitar through a cranked fuzz and start playing some drop C shit the notes start to get a lot harder to make out; same thing happens with more harmonically complex synth patches.

>foggy desert
hmmm
it's a good timbre though

So it's too many harmonics cluttering the fundamental? How do I control harmonics on a synth? Also is there some way to get my control over a note other than just velocity in midi piano rolls? I'm use cakewalk are there any better free daws?

harmonics are kind of a whole different discussion.... I don't feel like diving into that right now

Use simpler presets or make your own synth patches

A lot of people like Reaper. Read the pastebin, i'm outtie

Literally what your filters are for.

Fascinating but I don't want to be a plain snes clone
How is modern vidya music made?

Attached: 1306913541634.jpg (185x301, 12K)

Like every other piece of modern music is made.

instaud.io/3Cg5 is it good enough? or still pretty amateurish anons?

you lads seen this game Dreams? DAWs btfo

Attached: 679796797846784.png (583x456, 369K)

forgot link.
youtube.com/watch?v=fXR7SIhXqlk

We should make a contest where we try to remix a song using entirely that game.

Thoughts? Lofi-ish

instaud.io/3Cgb

Because we all have PS4's and Dreams? My potato can't even run FL Studio.
I thought this was going to be like a Deftones track until the beat came in. Pretty neat but the filter went a little crazy near the end.

>remix contests
fucking flashbacks

>Thoughts?
there's no fucking song yet bitch it's just the sample

>2017
Is there newer footage?

>Because we all have PS4's and Dreams? My potato can't even run FL Studio.
It's a joke about the Dreams (song by Fleetwood Mac) remix contest we did recently, with embarrassing results.

I had fun doing the remix thing.

Attached: 70s soul roulette 1st ed.jpg (1728x904, 597K)

well that's all that matters i suppose, just don't try to force it and get all autistic like that other faggot did

NOBODY FORCED IT ON ANYBODY AND GOT ALL AUTISTIC ABOUT IT DON'T SAY THAT EVER AGAIN

cute joke user

FUCK YOU

[spoiler]you really think i'm cute? (´・ω・`)[/spoiler]

I'm still working on my Dreams remix ;_;

how to make good loops for hip hop beats? i'm good with harmony theory, but my sound design just sounds boring and stiff...

I'm supposed to be continuing it but I never picked it up again after it ended.
Maybe one day when we'll be all grown up we'll finish it.

Yeah, I talked about that a little higher up. I should have it fixed by the final mix. Was honestly trying to do some bootleg Shiloh Dynasty shit, but I fuck with the Deftones so I'll take it.

How can it be just the sample if there's no sample?

it's very bad, just my honest judgement

Needs to be more fleshed out, but I could see this going somewhere. Not really sure what you're going for though.

Change that clap or whatever it is though, and kill the reverb on it.

no you're honestly a fag buddy

you kind of just answered your own question? I mean if you're *actually* good at coming up with shit then just spam presets or git good at sound design

>there's no sample?
it said shiloh dynasty so i just assumed that's who it was because idk how they sound like lol. If so then it's a dope start bro

how many fucking songs do you have in this thread? i'm starting to notice a pattern here

>no you're honestly a fag buddy
Admit it, you like me a little bit.
If you're nice I'll let you touch my feetsies and if I feel like it my ballsies hihihi ๏ω๏

No, not even a bit

I have no idea what I’m doing but here you go /prod/
soundcloud.com/a28829382sjsjwi2828/untitled

Attached: CEDE5FE6-23EB-4A08-A473-1D75957A3E3C.jpg (1146x959, 359K)

lol it a ballsack I get it
you do prog bro?

I love it when you're all thundere user, it gives me a throbby chubby hihi

Actually I just love Zdzislaw Beksinski’s art personal favorite fine artist of mine but there’s some protracted irony there yeah. And I’ll do anything honestly I was teaching myself how to use garageband after being gifted a cuckpad pro thought I might as well put it to use, lost the original GarageBand file because iOS is garbage, thought I’d just upload this unfinished heap of garbage and see how actual producers would roast it heh

when mixing reverb, especially with more live sounding music, do you just send it to a reverb bus, and not on any individual channels?

Sorry that took so long, life shit gone in the way. I'm not sure how I was making dungeon synth so I decided to just make a regular trap song and then take the drums out, I hope its dungeon-y enough for you.

with drums: instaud.io/3Cgr
without drums: instaud.io/3Cgs

I'm in like 5 different production related discords and I'm subbed (?) to production subreddits but all of them require giving feedback before receiving feedback. I'll just stay here.

Just give subjective feedback like "i like the drums" and "the melody is too repetitive".
You don't have to gve detailed technical feedback, and if they give you shit just tell them that you're a beginner and can't give much more than that yet.

Oh I never even considered that

That's what I did when I was first starting out.
They'll understad that those who need the feedback the most are those less able to give it.
As long as you're nice about it and show that you at least try to reciprocate, they'll probably help you out.

Also look for plug.dj rooms for producers and explicitly tell them that you want them to pick your track apart.

>top-level stuff
There isn't really top level stuff. Mixing is hard because you don't know what the problems are when you first face them, other than 'it doesn't sound right' but all the solutions are online, you just need to know how to phrase it. If you don't find mixing hard at first then you're making shit sounding tracks

you improved a lot my nigga

Use lots of effects like spices, particularly saturation and compression.

But why bother? There are infinite hip hop beats online to use and who's going to care if they've heard it before? Hip hop is based on stealing others' music

Developing an ear and experience is a big part of it, but there's so much more to music production (even if you just want to talk about mixing) that it's ridiculous to reduce it to its basics that are taught everywhere like all producers don't have their own way of approaching things and different "tricks" they picked up during their careers.
see

>plug.dj
Never even heard of that website till now, thank you.

Thank you too.

Don't know what you're saying, there are some general principles to go by, the books in the OP are good starting points, learning helps, I don't think its ridiculous to learn from others

Wut?