What's the most difficult album you've listened to?

What's the most difficult album you've listened to?

Attached: hardalbums.png (397x400, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e2EGKt8yONI
youtube.com/watch?v=5Mq9mUSI1bQ&list=OLAK5uy_l_JEeoagtp774jjOvK_sYlU_3KV4lC3yM
oldtimerelijun.bandcamp.com/album/witchcraft-rebellion
youtube.com/watch?v=p8RTPYaWXj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trout mask

captain beefheart should have to respected his fans and added an easy mode to trout mask replica. id love to listen to the album without all the weird shit

Probably Sadness Will Prevail because of how long it is but i don't think any albums are very difficult to listen to desu.

This dude. Albums need an easy mode, or atleast cheat codes. Fuck this music elitism

probably a whitehouse album or metal machine music. i've never found twin infinitives to be anywhere near as difficult to listen to as those others but i love me some RTX

Attached: 1539706682136.png (1024x732, 486K)

the easy mode is the rest of the discography

buyer's market

Attached: 020A7E4A-6F18-4673-9A29-51090BF1017A.jpg (600x606, 157K)

For me, weird shit like in OP isnt difficult because its interesting throughout. Challenging shit for me is every Zappa album I've heard, just can't get into any of them.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 220px-Devoezlistening.jpg (220x221, 22K)

He did, right after. Lick My Decals Off Baby is Trout on easy mode. It's similar but shorter and more accessible.

Current 93 - all the pretty horses or whatever it's called

One of the most disgusting things I've ever listened to. Up there with Asshole/Snail Dilemma when it comes to unpleasant listens.

Attached: hard rock.jpg (500x500, 54K)

thunder perfect mind is a lot more accessible

never heard the other 3 but i dont get what was so hard about royal trux for you

id say difficult listen for music i really like now is swans because theyre shit is so fucking long, that or godspeed you! because their shit is also so fucking long

hard to listen to the same album for 2+ hours

If you like that, read Micheal's book, The Consumer. His recording on that is one of the stories in it. He's an incredible writer.

I forgot he wrote books too. Thanks for the rec, I'll check it out.

venereology
been dipping my toes into noise lately and it just blew my face off. total wtf moment but cool

this monstrosity has no words to describe it

Attached: 220px-Angelic_2_the_Core_album_cover.jpg (220x168, 20K)

the onkyo Sachiko M album. It unironically gives me a headache

Pic related is insane

On an emotional level I’m inclined to say this or Smoke - Another Reason to Fast

Attached: 7C6C32BB-7413-4121-A3D0-E7067F23898D.jpg (500x500, 65K)

AMM - AMMusic (great) and Iannis Xenakis - Persepolis (meh)

what's the bottom right?

>hmm, I wonder what this is?

Attached: 645746233563.jpg (301x463, 39K)

Orthrelm - OV
youtube.com/watch?v=e2EGKt8yONI

Scott Walker's trilogy (especially The Drift) is up there. Maybe Morton Feldman's Beckett adaption

The most difficult but not in a bad way

Attached: 48301-venereology.jpg (500x500, 34K)

lou reed mmm is annoying as fuck

Borbetomagus - Barbed Wire Maggots

I can't stand this album. I listened to it twice, and I don't think I ever will again. This is the final boss that made me switch to another game.

Attached: pulse demon.jpg (1200x1200, 447K)

Listen to Deathpile by G.R. Then we'll speak again.

here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=5Mq9mUSI1bQ&list=OLAK5uy_l_JEeoagtp774jjOvK_sYlU_3KV4lC3yM

Hilariously, they actually posted Scaruffi's review of this album on the bandcamp page. He gave it a 7/10.
oldtimerelijun.bandcamp.com/album/witchcraft-rebellion

Same. A lot of people seem to really think it’s brilliant and I’m sure it is I just don’t really understand it fully yet

Honestly pretty enjoyable

>King Of Nothing, a rockabilly number that would make Elvis Presley commit suicide.

Scruffy does it again

Attached: 1556128885510.jpg (480x517, 27K)

Sometimes I listen to it while driving, it gets boring and I can't give it too much attention.

Attached: R-6098610-1414487744-2394.jpeg.jpg (600x560, 106K)

well he did do an acoustic version of orange claw hammer that was great

pretty much accessible noise and pe
now pic related felt like a torment the first timei listened to it

Attached: The New Blockaders - Changez Les Blockeurs.jpg (300x300, 31K)

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet

Attached: file.png (1200x1200, 1.1M)

Caroliner Rainbow Grace Blocks Used in the Placement of the Personality - Rings on the Awkward Shadow

Attached: 85669588_o1.jpg (640x640, 153K)

I'm surprised it has

I really enjoy ambient, drone and dark ambient but I don't see the appeal on Time Machines by Coil, it's just 10+ minute tracks with the same repetitive noise with some minor distinctions through a track, the third track gave me headaches btw.

Attached: Coil Time Machines.jpg (600x600, 130K)

its one of those elaborative fiction things right? not so much music as just auditory storytelling?

god damn Mystery Language is a banger

Trout Mask is a fucking meme
>let's make an album of utter site
>jokes on the people who have to suffer and pretend to 'get' it
>emperor's new clothing
>Captain Bee Fart (geddit?) is an art house joke.
And yet, here we are still discussing it like it's a real piece of music that we have to 'get' to show how cool we are.
It's shite, and Beefheart knew it was.

Yes, something like that, Time Machines is an attempt to create "temporal slips" and "subliminal effects".
I admit that I listened to Time Machines blindly expecting something atmospheric like Nostromo by SleepResearch Facility but it's not even close, Nostromo does a excellent job recreating a auditory storytelling.

it slips, flips, drips, and chips

Attached: The Little Lamb image.png (170x170, 57K)

you need to go back

def gwips the powers dat bees

Attached: duuuuuuuuh.jpg (200x227, 9K)

the irony is that it's pure shit and no one in their right mind wants to suffer through that trash.

Death Grips, like many other bands peaked with their first album and the only time they came close to matching it was with their second album

bottomless pit>exmilitary and the money store

What the fuck is this shit? Who's behind all of this bullshit?

Attached: tms.jpg (600x600, 122K)

can be said about them in general but

AIDS-A-Delic - Hanatarash

Attached: MI0001986556.jpg (500x487, 49K)

Attached: 711787.jpg (999x699, 102K)

bottomless pit is just ideas from those two albums but done worse

This is nostalgic as fuck

The first noise album I listened to

When it clicks, you’ll know it’s better than Loveless. But it took 4 years to click

Attached: 22F6A5F5-861B-4F76-8D94-6F289101079B.jpg (600x600, 62K)

based Scaruffi drone

All those albums have been well review unfortunately years later after scaruffi validating his point surface level drone.

his newest book The Egg is great too
and he read most of it too in an audiobook you can find online

this is a joke right, bottomless pit is their 2nd worst right after notm.

the proper order is : exmilitary>TMS>GP>NLDW>YOTS>JD>shit>eeverything else

Twin Infinitives most definitely, like wtf is that album

>he measures albums in terms of difficulty

Attached: 1533512940807.jpg (450x450, 30K)

Attached: MagnumOpus.jpg (1024x577, 166K)

how to find this?

>>Captain Bee Fart (geddit?) is an art house joke.
where did you even pull this one from

It's probably anything from Brian Ferneyhough for me. There's some level of structure and actual pattern to all his music. It's just that it's extremely difficult for most people (myself included) to fully grasp it without lots of intensive listening.

That being said, I enjoy his stuff mostly for how the oddly split rhythms make the music seem uneven yet kinda human because of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=p8RTPYaWXj8

That would just make the album a by the book and in my personal opinion boring bluesy album. Listen to each guitar riff individually, and you'll note that almost all of them are either unmemorable or corny as fuck. Drumbo's weird arrangement of the parts (which is partly directed by Beefheart) is what makes it work.
This is somewhat untrue as while it doesn't have the complex rhythmic interplay of Drumbo's arrangement, the melodic content is far more complex as there's more actual atonal bits, angular bits, more varied phrasing, etc. Which is not surprising as this album was arranged by Zoot Horn Rollo, their guitarist.

>Listen to each guitar riff individually, and you'll note that almost all of them are either unmemorable or corny as fuck.
They usually aren't complex when taken individually but they are still good guitar lines, especially on more instrumental songs like Hair Pie

only a Scaruffi drone would post Diamanda Galas

I feel most of the riffs lack the liveliness, individuality, and general catchiness of some of the more well made works from the big blues rock musicians of that time.