Contemporary Classical music

Why is it disliked by Yea Forums?

Attached: 155615352854.jpg (1362x2048, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OmwbH5j1NT0
youtube.com/watch?v=h0i7S_LIONg
youtube.com/watch?v=acMuoUkRoFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

she's ugly

Attached: 767867678678.jpg (480x480, 40K)

Because its all minimalist/postminimalist or hyperserialist extended-technique garbage and it sucks.

Attached: 8234924560.jpg (195x258, 6K)

Do you only listen to film scores?

No. I have specifically looked for composers under 50 worth a damn and have come up short consistently.

Such as?

umm, Literally no one. Like I said.

Any examples of good contemporary Classical music?

youtube.com/watch?v=OmwbH5j1NT0

Is this a modern composition?

No, its contemporary, like you asked for. Composed 5 years ago.

stupid bitch, I want topin her down and rape her

>not being into lowercase
>not being into onkyo
>not being into based boy Sakamoto
t. brainlet

Is Arvo Pärt considered contemporary classical? I really like his stuff.

definitely
anyone still alive composing music today or composing music in the 21st century is considered contemporary classical
it's a shitty term though, since it's just non-pop/folk music

I get what you're saying, but as a defense: There are countless avenues/genres for memorable melodies and steady rhythms you can dance to. If that's what you want (either as a listener or a composer) you're spoiled for choice, so why should contemporary classical music bother?

none of those are classical. At least you signed your post correctly

Attached: Land_Seal.jpg (1000x750, 67K)

>muh dancing

Are you a nigger?

>artists who compose within those genres never do anything that overlaps or crosses or combines genres with concepts and instrumentation of classical music
k

Who cares if they do? Its still not classical proper.

classical proper doesn't exist anymore
it's just different combined interrelated modes that are appreciated by overlapping audiences and schools of composition

Then Frank Zappa's classical compositions as well. Also Ben Johnston to an extent.

I actually prefer seeing this in every single thread than that asian cunt

>Kalevi Aho
Positively based. Saw his Percussion Concerto a few days ago in the concert hall, every little thing just gets amplified when you listen to classical music where it is supposed to be listened to. Absolutely stunning.

Spot on, very few people nowadays care about classical music enough to want to listen to it. It doesn't help that classical music gets exponentially better live in the concert hall due to acoustics.

sure, why not
except Zappa's dead but I'd still count it

Please please please source

If I want to make ugly music that will be largely ignored I can do that myself.

b8

There is great contemporary classical music

youtube.com/watch?v=h0i7S_LIONg

lol

>hurr durr, it's serialist so it sucks

Literally why we can't have nice things

Also

>Because its all minimalist/postminimalist or hyperserialist extended-technique garbage

Is objectively wrong and uniformed

Glass and Reich, for instance, are bad. Same goes for those who dedicate their time to film scores that obviously don't work away from the screen, like Zimmer (horrible composer, honestly).

However, there are some other contemporary composers (some of them current) that are worth your time, like

>Anna Thorvaldsdóttir
>Itzám Zapata
>Alfred Schnittke
>Morton Feldman
>and yes, Mr. John Cage

Avro Part is the Burger King of modern classical

Add

>Robert Erickson
>Misato Mochizuki
>Ben Johnston

Serialism doesn't suck but total serialism involving extended techniques such as holding a clarinet up to your ass bellwise and farting into it. Well that definitely sucks. Schoenberg is my favorite composer actually (after Mozart)

Attached: e87f055c681481322b313638d431d4f7.jpg (499x499, 183K)

>Morton Feldman
>and yes, Mr. John Cage

This is a humorous jest you have made dear user

Attached: Chuckle.gif (250x250, 992K)

Fausto Romitelli isn't everyone's bag, but's he's written some of the most legitimately engaging music I've listened to in a long time

youtube.com/watch?v=acMuoUkRoFY

>total serialism involving extended techniques such as holding a clarinet up to your ass bellwise and farting into it. Well that definitely sucks.

I don;t disagree, I just don't think that's as common as it was back in the 70's and 80's

and even when there was that sort of shit going on, you still had people like Scelsi and Sculthorpe who carried through with a much more listenable interpretation of serialism

This is one of the best greatest contemporary Classical albums

Attached: god of war.png (480x565, 371K)

Nice

yeah, video game soundtracks have had some amazing music. There was this guy that used to compose for the PS1 Era games, did some nuts chorale arrangements. can;t remember his name properly.