Millennial nostalgia thread

Anybody remember listening to Passion Pit in high school? Do you guys remember your scene phase in middle school?

Attached: 1556063167593-1.jpg (1725x1430, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8
youtube.com/watch?v=CbGegNlgJdE
youtube.com/watch?v=XD1cxSE25ck
youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE
youtube.com/watch?v=w869Avr_fXI
youtube.com/watch?v=oIIxlgcuQRU
youtube.com/watch?v=euLlKUvll7E
youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho86D-yuBUw
youtube.com/watch?v=ulOQKD8XbuI
youtube.com/watch?v=0YuSg4mts9E
youtube.com/watch?v=WziA88-n02k
youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. I remember making extra long wallet chains and home made Slipknot masks.

I picked on kids like you. I'm sorry.

MGMT is unironically the best band of our generation. They stole our idealistic hearts with their festival bangers we could bang our fake hippie gfs to then matured and made a laid back new wave album about being 25 and wanting to die

I'm 25, love new wave, want to die, and I love MGMT. Dark Ages was shit though dude

>tfw listening to passion pit with my crush in the computer lab during English class

Fuck I never asked for this feel God damn it OP

tfw sharing my earbuds I stole from Borders with my gf who was 4 inches taller than me and listening to Death Cab

Attached: 1556068212645.png (340x427, 190K)

>tfw have been 6'5" since I was 17
>tfw there was a girl at my school who was 6'2" who I dated after high school who apparently had a crush on me the whole time
>tfw she was perfect for me but had a kid so the relationship didnt work out

That sucks about the girl but good job on the genes. I've been 5'8 since my sophomore year of high school

Are you cute?

I'm bisexual so you can get this 6'5" dick

I have a nice face and body and I actually am bisexual, what state r u in

>teaching this cutie how to drive stick while my avalanches CD plays
>later send her a text where i quote the lyrics from the strokes
aahhh to be 16 again

I WANNA STEAL YOUR INNOCENCE
TO ME MY LIFE IT JUST DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

Texas wbu

Alabama, I go to New Orleans often though if you ever go there

Not nostalgia if you still listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8

it was actually "rolling in the ocean, tryin to catch your eye"

I've never been to new Orleans despite being from Louisiana

BASED GAYPOSTERS

their debut was just fucking amazing singles and filler.

>Anybody remember listening to Passion Pit in high school?
Yes, but "Sleepyhead" era Passion Pit.

Not the version that had big pop radio hit like 5 years later.

IIIIIIIIIIIIII TOOOK A WALK

That's what I am referring to
>not being bisexual and enjoying all that you can in life

It's okay, we all can be asshole kids. I remember it was usually the straight up wiggers who fucked with me and my group as well as the Juggalos who had beef with any Eminem fans, and we kind of bonded together as one "freak" side. Me and my friends used to pick on the emo kids in the grades lower than us, we'd call them faggots and make fun of them for wearing "girl pants", so we weren't exactly good kids either.

>tfw bi but only attracted to like 3 guys in total

>tfw no softboy bf who likes crossdressing and obscure films and music

remember those stupid hoodies with built in earbuds

Well, to be fair, me and my 2 friends were the only scene boys in our school and we got a lot pussy (and low key I got my dick sucked from cute dudes) from that. No regrets

>girl pants used to be gay
Just today saw a dude legit leading a pack of 4 girls...dressed all black, skinny girly pants. The times have changed for sure

Who's ready for a heavy dose of nostalgia?

youtube.com/watch?v=CbGegNlgJdE
youtube.com/watch?v=XD1cxSE25ck
youtube.com/watch?v=SPlQpGeTbIE
youtube.com/watch?v=w869Avr_fXI
youtube.com/watch?v=oIIxlgcuQRU
youtube.com/watch?v=euLlKUvll7E
youtube.com/watch?v=z-mxBDuRaZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ho86D-yuBUw
youtube.com/watch?v=ulOQKD8XbuI
youtube.com/watch?v=0YuSg4mts9E
youtube.com/watch?v=WziA88-n02k

Weekend Wars and The Youth were both great fuck off

Well, it was kind of weird A. because of the area I lived in there was a lot of mixture going on from the city to the more suburban area since a lot of schools closed in the city, so you know back then the black kids weren't into any of that shit at the time and would fuck with kids and B. because it was kind of a crossover, it was right when that scene stuff was becoming popular with the younger kids and all of us older kids across the board didn't get it/hated it cause it was just coming in.

I don't doubt it, fast forward a couple years later I was hanging with scene kids since I failed multiple times and I was now "peers" with a younger crowd, and while I wasn't scene I had ditched the mallcore look and yeah there were a lot of girls into that shit and I didn't mind being around it.

Likewise I only lost my virginity initially because of the mallcore shtick I'm pretty sure so, I ain't mad at it. I was into those mallgoth type chicks who dressed like Billie Eilish but unironically at the time so....didn't really hurt. I'm just glad there aren't really any pictures of me from that time cause I looked retarded.

I won some skate comps during my scene phase so my shit is on the internet somewhere and I bet it is being used in memes. It was fun though. Fantastic time to grow up.

agreed

Based on this pic and your main childhood era, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer? I'm a based Zoomer (born 98).

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

There's no such thing as a based zoomer, and this is a millennial thread.

I'm early millennial.

For zoomers though, I'll give it up for Spectacular Spider-Man, Phineas and Ferb, Brave and the Bold, Gravity Falls, and MLP FIM. Zoomers mostly suck though.

So you're like 35?

Passion Pit is still one of my favourite bands. I was planning on going to see show next month, but then I remembered that Michael sounds kinda bad live.

30, so, you could say I'm both early/core millennial depending on how you view it, I was basing it on what was the earliest era I remember a lot or saw while being new so I figure I had Genesis before PS1 was out, had Power Rangers before Beast Wars was out, etc etc.

I used to wear bright band tees, bright colored skinny jeans, and oversized skate shoes. I had fringy hair with coon stripes and I listened to scene kid shit. It was super embarrassing, but I just did it for the girls.

Attached: crystal castles.jpg (430x411, 124K)

Literally everybody had Crimewave on their myspace page

She cute.

Attached: ldizzle.jpg (420x280, 95K)

Attached: gogoblowup.jpg (420x279, 109K)

Attached: guns n bombs ldl flyer.gif (288x504, 327K)

Alright, so most have said that Boomer music era began in 1964 with the British Invasion, and ended in 1981 with the launch of MTV.

Then the Gen X music era began around 1981 when MTV came out, and ended around 1998-99 with Britney spears, Backstreet boys, Nsync, trl, etc.

And the Millennial music era started around 1998-99 with the aforementioned boybands, pop princesses, and Y2K chrome aesthetic.

But when did the Millennial music end and the "Zoomer era" music begin? 2015ish (when mumble rap/modern trap started)?

Is Yea Forums the youngest board?

Anyone remember Teenagers?

Attached: teenagers.jpg (350x350, 138K)

The late 90s were a horrible time for pop music, speaking from being a pre-teen/teen at that time. I gravitated to older music even back then. Napster, mp3, WinMx was the greatest thing in the world at the time.

You didn't answer my question of where the Zoomer music began

Attached: uffie.jpg (420x279, 75K)

Probably the late 2000s. 2008-2010 around there.

But zoomers were mostly little kids at that time. I'm talking more about teen/young adult-oriented music.

Then probably mid-2010s. Hard to classify.

Just for funsies I've recreated my typical early-mid 00s outfit, mostly old ass shit I've held onto that no surprise wouldn't fit me any better now than it did when I was a young'n.

Attached: DSC02081.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

What a shit opinion m8. Of Moons, Birds and Monsters is sooo much better than the three singles.

2010s

Where in the 2010s specifically?

Probably like Lady Gaga/Kesha and that whole new wave of "arty weirdo pop" along with bullshit like Odd Future and whatever else got popular around 2010

6/11 not bad but this is my most nostolgic song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk

No I'd say it's a bit later. Like the indundation of trap and rise of soundcloud rap around 2014/2015

i remember radio disney playing this a lot

also just curious, which songs did you not know

EDM era + meme songs like Gangnam Style and What the Fox Say and Harlem Shake + new wave of mumble rappers like Future and Migos are the real start

bump

>I sat next to this guy in Spanish II.

tfw being from eastern europe so can't relate to this thread
feels kinda bad

Attached: 58377529_386182475443040_3287731893822291968_n.jpg (570x430, 25K)