Tfw a google search reveals you've actually invented a new scale that's never been used before

>tfw a google search reveals you've actually invented a new scale that's never been used before

Attached: 1522215171934s.jpg (250x250, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlinesequencer.net/1110507
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FROG SO BLURRY

post it

1, b2, b3, b4, b5, #5, 6, 7

Attached: 1543172731804.png (974x522, 31K)

for you brainlets its C, Db, Eb E (technically Fb) Gb, G#, A, B

Attached: Apu_horn.jpg (285x177, 9K)

thanks, finally a new scale

np. But using it will be difficult because it has no perfect 5th. That usually makes a scale hard to use.

tab?

And you will never get credit for it.

>two 5s and no 8
If that counts then there's literally an infinite number of scales you could make up

>no 8

Its called "1"

Attached: 1555030500628.jpg (732x558, 195K)

>2 Vs
genius, pure genius. you’re definitely not mentally retarded.

what if you made a scale with all sharps, but also all flats?

Post a sound record of it

op we need a demonstration because we're all fucktards

What is mentally retarded about a scale with 2 5's? I think you might be going out on a limb here user. I assure you I know how to properly notate scales.

onlinesequencer.net/1110507

it’s ok sweetheart, shhhhhhh, be silent now. don’t stress your big boy brain too much.

You'll need one if you think I'm doing that shit for free.

Attached: 1546033322011.png (1500x1480, 574K)

user, I don't want you to hurt yourself trying to be clever. You're really over-leveraged here.

now now child, don’t overwork yourself. i don’t want to see you injure yourself trying to milk out more brainpower.

what even is this post? Stop being a dick and fuck off dude.

Attached: 1524529877387.jpg (833x696, 143K)

jesus christ

all played on the A string
3 - 4 - 6 - 7 - 9 - 11 - 12 - 14

no need to get upset sweetie, everything will be ok in the end. hush my dear child.

This. Locrian is hard to use and sound right because the flat fifth makes all the chords fucked.

>He thinks scales are only for extrapolating chords for "muh functional harmony"

cringe

>everything will be ok in the end.

You know full well that's not true.

Attached: 1555197773256.jpg (700x700, 189K)

you literally can't make a convincing cadence with it.

that’s the point

Attached: FAD66ED2-0500-4D92-B138-110C4ACE3A82.png (680x680, 372K)

>Hurr durr diatonic chords lelel
>Hurr durr functional harmony

Lemme guess, your entire understanding of music theory comes from watching random music related youtube videos in between masturbation sessions?

no. Lemme guess you're going to add the four into your cadential chord completely changing the tonic and not even realize what you've done?

Attached: 1556076146546.jpg (300x300, 13K)

That's not a scale; You repeated a letter. Nice try, though.

>That's not a scale; You repeated a letter. Nice try, though.

Okay now THIS is someone trapped in the diatonic matrix.

Attached: matrix_apu.jpg (259x194, 14K)

Hey guys I made a scale 1 #1 b2 b3 #3 4 ##5 bb6 b7 12 47

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

how do you guys remember all these scale words

>it's octatonic
into the garbage it goes
because we actually studied music theory

Okay dummies. Theory and notation lesson time! Get out your crayons. Now there is no scale where one is allowed to have a natural and altered (flat/sharp) note of the same letter name. This is considered poor form. For example a C# major scale has the notes C#, D#, E# (F), F# G# A# and B# (C). However in certain cases having a flat and sharp instance of the same note is absolutely necessary to encode the scale (the diminished scale for example) in the retarded diatonic language that Gregorian monks have saddled us with.

Attached: Munk.png (255x198, 6K)

the same way humans remember anything, usually with their minds

>we actually studied music theory
congratulations. you are now forever incapable of writing an original song.

>an original song
doesn't exist. at least we know that our music isn't original, while you antitheory cultists make unoriginal music in your ignorance

>doesnt exist

Attached: 084.png (300x256, 102K)

Hill, fuck! I should have known it was you!

>thread is about a new scale
>nope I don't see how this new scale could be used to create original music

Attached: soy.jpg (219x230, 10K)

literally every melody has been done before. the only way to do anything remotely original now is to make subtly different shades of noise/random notes, which seems too disingenuous to call original

Also I can explain why it is this way and how it makes some sense, kinda. The natural version of a letter name is considered like the parent of its alterations. When it is altered it moves to a different position. It doesn't make sense to say there is a C and a C# because the C was sharped, it was removed from its natural position. But it CAN move to both altered positions at once if it has been altered in that way.

this is what NGMI's with ressentiment have been saying for centuries and centuries. Do you even know what microtonality brings to the table?

>literally every melody has been done before.
nah you're just not the creative type
you could probably make music for commericials or something

oh, you mean the style that nobody uses? I mean, nobody publishes books in gibberish, but I guess it would be original, since nobody does that (except James Joyce and Nick Land on the weekends)

microtonality is actually more essential than 12TET. Have you never heard of Just Intonation? Do you know that choirs and singers justly tune naturally?

>t. NGMI with ressentiment

>comparing just to micro
lol, you're reminding me why I don't use this board that often anymore

So you don't even know what microtonality is and you're acting like you do and you think the board is the problem? No, YOU'RE the retarded one user.

>Still thinking in terms of westerm harmony

You have a long way to go little one, the journey will be worth it though

t. took one music theory class in college and thinks he's an expert