How do you explain your tastes Yea Forums?

How do you explain your tastes Yea Forums?

Attached: FB_IMG_15562122587037333.jpg (714x659, 124K)

I listen to music.

probably tylo be chillin

That pic was made by a redditor

u was at the club

Yeah. I kinda like post-hardcore (I meant emo but I'm not gonna say that)

I like Queens of the Stone Age so its easy to just say that
Then again everyone i meet doesnt listen to rock so whatever

i don't

i'll listen to anything featuring a guitar and just about anything featuring actual recordings of people playing analog instruments. i like imagining how all the instruments were arranged.

I just say I like The Cure

>emo revival and experimental hip-hop
Why not just say "I get fucked right up the ass several times a day"?

fucking cringe

IRL? Never had to

I don't owe anyone an explanation

I don't, or do so very generally. If they press further, I go further into detail. But I don't wear my music tastes as an accessory, so I don't feel the need to advertise it everywhere

Attached: Howard Roberts.jpg (474x333, 29K)

This, at least not more than handful of times that I can remember.

I listen to Bladee, Bladee, Bladee, Bladee, Bladee, Bladee, the list goes on...

>what kind of music do you listen to, user?
a lot of stuff. mostly hip hop and metal

usually it stops there, but sometimes i get the occasional “oh like screamo?” and “oh what hip hop artists?” to which i reply, respectively, “no, more old school stuff” and “kendrick, doom, aesop, earl sweatshirt, and night lovell”

occasionally people get turned off but meh, they asked, im not sitting around trying to flex my music taste or anything. it helps if you’re not super awkward about answering and just say it confidently like a normal person.

I literally just list off a few bands I like and if they aren't familiar I just say the general genre.

>user, what music do you like?
Oh I listen to groups like Death Grips, clipping., and Danny Brown
>what kind of music is that? Haven't heard of them (70% of the time)
Experimental Hip-hop

There. That's it. Why do you guys make everything so complicated? Why give a shit if someone doesn't like or understand what you like? Do you really need validation from others that badly?

>oh you know. Arca, Coil, Sufjan Stevens, The Cocteau Twins, Björk, Animal Colletive, Xiu Xiu, Big Black the list goes on

"Mostly rap but I like some rock and electronic stuff"
And then I just gradually mention artists I think they've heard of or would like while I feel out their taste.
I'm 100% transparent about music with my nuclear family, though. My parents both have pretty open-minded and good taste.

(OP)
>>user, what music do you like?
>Oh I listen to groups like Death Grips, clipping., and Danny Brown
>>what kind of music is that? Haven't heard of them (70% of the time)
>Experimental Hip-hop
This is more cringe than the OP

i am just a fan of music and will give a chance to most things. i play guitar and i listen to/take a lot of influence from artists like jimi hendrix, the doors, jazz guitarists

if they let me know what they like, then we can get into a better conversation.

its more fun for me to talk about music we mutually like or that they like because then the conversation helps you get to know them better

Idk but in public I just tell people I don't listen to music to avoid being a pretentious faggot

>I like anything that has good guitar playing haha

A serial killer made this

i hate talking about music irl so i tell everybody i don't listen to music

i like what i like
if you agree, great
if you don't, ah well thats life

i just say rock and if they ask me for an example i put on larks tongue in aspic part 2, then they stop asking

>not part 1

I mostly try to find out what people like themselves to see how accurately I can describe what I listen to, but in general I would say mostly Hip-Hop, Rock and Pop. If they would ask for artists I would just name a few rappers I'm listening to at the moment.

imagine being this insecure
it gets better after high school

Attached: 345y.jpg (279x200, 7K)

I just say I listen to all sorts of music and shoot the shit with them about whatever they listen to.

>to friends
i am a tasteless tourist
>to co-workers
i am a total fucking loser and do not want my shit taste to prevent my first friendship
>to parents and siblings
i am a total fucking loser
>to grandma
you have mental issues and i'd rather not make you suffer further

this
nobody worth explaining this stuff to will be satisfied with a sentence. most people will just think you're a desperate weirdo.

based and drainpilled

As of late I've been listening to jams, but throughout my listening career I've extensively explored bangers, ditties, tunes, bops, and numbers. I also briefly dabbled in jingles back in my teenage years.

>to friends
I like rock and metal, sometimes rap, but i'm very picky
>to co workers
I like rock and metal, sometimes rap, but i'm very picky
>to parents and siblings
I don't
>to grandma
I don't

This is the best answer. Normies like Friday I'm In Love and we like The Funeral Party
>simple as