Redpill me on Nine Inch Nails

Redpill me on Nine Inch Nails

Attached: 57_5d36e14f-1a39-4c75-b5eb-a3c9e9b6c82d_grande.jpg (600x476, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9_enhs9ro
youtube.com/watch?v=gDV-dOvqKzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Erm19Kdplz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

An amazing band with a varied, consistent discography.
Hesitation Marks is their worst
Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Year Zero, The Slip and Bad Witch are essentials
Never released a bad album

kenny g of industrial

I was fairly into them, then I saw them live. They are next level live, the way they integrate the lights and stage with the music makes for an experience

Trent Reznor is a cunt. Talented, but a cunt nonetheless.

hey brian

Trent Reznor is a one-of-a-kind genius that won't get enough cred til he's dead.

So an extreme talent underappreciated by pseud fans of his genre, despite critical and commercial acclaim?

Despite Trent's best efforts, NIN is a bit of a meme, but is still really good.

Everything before 2000 is great, everything after is hit and miss

Just avoid anything made after 2000, excluding Ghosts, and you'll be good.

they are satanic and worship sex. it is banned in my church

I'm sorry anons, but anything that sounds like music on the first listen and can be enjoyed/understood on the first try can't be labeled as experimental
Examples
Fake experimental:
>Radiohead - Kid A
>Death Grips
>jpegmafia
True experimental:
>William Basinski
>Sunn O)))
>Fripp & Eno

Attached: 1556011629360.jpg (1024x1006, 118K)

sry was supposed to be a post

Music for high school and people still stuck in high school brain level. Also he ripped off Peter Gabriel's aesthetic.

idk if this is stupid, stupid bait, or good bait

NIN is basically Radiohead for real men. Trent is a production genius, always using cutting edge techniques and music wise everything is top tier.
His only weaknesses are the lyrics that can be embarrassing (but they were meant to be like that, the one from PHM are supposedly straight from his diaries), his voice, which is just fine, sometimes a little banal. The edginess and raw emotion side of the side can also feel phoned in after a while.

>is a production genius
>always gets other people to produce for him
What did the based retard mean by this?

>ripped off Peter Gabriel's aesthetic.
Ah yes, industrial dance music legend Peter Gabriel

what a shitty take.
Don't listen to this guy.

He produced every album, but he had other people co-produce it too.

Onions band just listen to Pigface instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl9_enhs9ro
Okay.

Well played faggot

love them, old town road is a bop.

A very good musician. If you're one of the people that's mature enough to get past le edgy lyrics and not go post on reddit after you hear the chorus of Heresy you will realize that The Downward Spiral is his masterpiece. Plus there's too much interesting stuff everywhere else in his discography

HA
HA
HAUNTED

I always loved that song, really fun.

This really saddens me, I truly believe pretty much everything he has released is gold.

>Hesitation Marks is their worst
>Never released a bad album
user, make up your mind

Not him but because is their worst doesnt mean its bad.

They did a viral marketing campaign for Year Zero that was pretty elaborate, also pretty far ahead for its time.

At the very end, people who got lucky and followed the clues of the campaign to the end ended up in a derelict building that turned out to be an exclusive secret concert just for those who made it there. The albums topic amongst others was government surveillance. At the end, the stage was stormed by a crew dressed up as black ops swat with fake guns, the concert room flooded with dry fog, the present audience ushered out the building.

The original idea was to have the building detonated once everybody got out. Idea was discarded early on of course.

This says little about the music, but it was a good time to be NiN fan and read about this shit.

>Year Zero, Bad Witch, NTAE, HTDA
>all bad
Objectively shit opinion. Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Retard

Yeah, it's still like 8 or 7/10 album, but I'd still put it at the bottom, at least for now.
The Slip, Add Violence and With_Teeth are all amazing too. The only album I understand people outright dismissing would be Hesitation Marks, it's not bad, but very much so different.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
TO SEE IF I COULD STILL FEEL

dun like them much, but my friends and I use that song when we share our shit trades of the day with each other.

>At the end, the stage was stormed by a crew dressed up as black ops swat with fake guns, the concert room flooded with dry fog
Holy fucking cringe.

Attached: 1555138216073.gif (500x361, 683K)

Hm, sure. Bus still, HM is a good pop album.
No, you're just stupid.

But*
sorry hadn't enough sleep.

It's creative, fags like you would dismiss anything as "cringe".
Do you have any idea how cool it must have felt, getting to a secret NIN show, where they play their new songs which then gets stormed by SWAT? Must have been fucking insane.

elaborate stuff like this seems to be trents thing. for the down in it music video he straped a camcorder to a balloon in order to film him commiting suicide by jumping from a building. they lost the balloon with the camera and it was found 200 miles away where someone brought it to the fbi thinking it was a snuff film. he was recognized as trent tho and after assuring he wasnt up to something satanic thing went on like normal

Has anything happened music video wise for the band since Came Back Haunted (which disappointed me a lot considering that was David Lynch)?

I like the era of Closer and Perfect Drug. Survivalism was okay-ish.

Anything interesting in recent years?

The Trilogy is the best thing to happen to NIN, it features some of NIN's best material

Dumbed down Industrial to appeal to the plebeian masses. Ripped off Rozz Williams aesthetic and ripped off Skinny Puppy and Frontline Assembly musically. Even his name he stole from Industrial heaters.

Attached: A3F381C3-BFF8-4CC2-9F92-429C90595090.jpg (360x360, 11K)

over and out is tha bomb

Less Than is the most recent one.
youtube.com/watch?v=gDV-dOvqKzQ
Trent doesn't give a shit about music videos anymore, back then, he was kind of forced to get video play, also, no one really has that kind of money to make videos like Closer or Perfect Drug anymore.
Sure, tell me how The Fragile sounds exactly like Skinny Puppy or Frontline Assembly.

Write what music you like, else this is just shitty bait.

>Ripped off Rozz Williams aesthetic and ripped off Skinny Puppy and Frontline Assembly musically
Only if NIN would only make albums like Pretty Hate Machine, maybe.

Sounds like you have only heard TDS

kek

Are you stuck in 1989? They made several records after that year, you know pretty hate machine is not their only album right?

>Ripped off Rozz Williams aesthetic
That was Marilyn Manson you retard.
>ripped off Skinny Puppy
Just in PHM. SP went to make really boring post-industrial synth-popish shit after 1995. cEvin is a genius though.
>Frontline Assembly
Boring EBM with guitars. No such thing is found in Broken or TDS.
>Even his name he stole from Industrial heaters.
and this is how I know your whole posr is bait.

>boring post-industrial synth-popish shit after 1995
and by this I meant derivative pop-ish shit without substance unlike NIN. Same can be said about ohGr's solo music career.

we can tell

Why are NIN fans so defensive lmao. Like chill niggas.

The Process was a pretty unique album for Skinny Puppy, their last good one.

Go tell an eminem fan that revival sucks, then you'll know what defensive really looks like

bum

After The Downward Spiral he's proven himself to be a one trick pony. Wouldn't bother with the albums beyond that. And yeah, he's a blatant ripoff of early Coil, Ministry, Skinny Puppy.

been doing great music since opie and anthony were at WAAF

What load of shit, you are such a pleb you even dismiss The Fragile, which is obviously his best.
Year Zero, The Trilogy were just as good.

Ok, terrific.

>Kenny G
>critical acclaim

Here is the ultimate redpill:
Hesitation Marks is top nin and extremely underrated.

edgy for the sake of being edgy, harsh and loud bleeps and bloops.

Only heard Broken or TDS.

Attached: Trent Reznor.png (872x203, 47K)

Funny, didn't Trent get Steve Albini for one song on The Fragile?
Also, Killing Joke, NIN and Ministry, those are all my favorite bands getting together, pretty neat.

There's a reason their fanbase are called nincels, have sex. You can't appreciate music if you haven't had a good, passionate fuck.

Attached: images(20).jpg (800x362, 44K)

i don't see how the two go together.

is there even a human behind this post?

>Ministry
>Favorite band
Could your music taste possibly be any shittier holy fuck

Attached: 1553942522467.gif (220x392, 2.38M)

>not realizing how amazing Ministry used to be
I pretty much only like three/four of their albums, so I guess I can't really call them a favourite band, but their amazing output is really great, if you think otherwise, you're a fucking idiot. Anyone who tries to dismiss "Land Of Rape.." or "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste"

Listen to Bad Witch, The Downward Spiral, Pretty Hate Machine, and The Slip
In that order.

10/10 production but some of the lyrics strike me as dated in a whiny/edgy kind of way.

Why in that order?

Just Like You Imagined is literally the perfect song
youtube.com/watch?v=Erm19Kdplz4
This and The Great Below are the best tracks of The Fragile

Attached: 1500724613976.jpg (2968x2008, 1.24M)

Holy shit what?

a lot of people do actually believe this shit.

pic related

Attached: 1541604632930.jpg (500x363, 48K)

He's literally Bowie or Coil?

I think those albums have aged pretty horribly. Streetcleaner hasn't aged a day and a hundreds of albums better than Ministry's best have been made. But daring to call Ministry one of your favorites despite decades of garbage is pretty audacious, I'll respect that

The music is nice but it reminds me of a bad period of my life.

The thing about his lyrics is that even the cringiest seem to be sincere and honest. As you say they came from his diaries where we only write in a language we only expect ourselves to understand

well considering the fact that Less Than was the first interaction he had with the games industry since he left Doom 3's development I think it's pretty interesting

Attached: 1494250516503.jpg (640x480, 58K)

if you haven't fucked to Closer or Get Down Make Love you weren't a teenager

Made me chuckle out of silliness

He's Bowie-tier, yes. I'm not even kidding.

>Also he ripped off Peter Gabriel's aesthetic
Examples? This is bullshit unless you give examples.

nice bait post

>implying hesitation marks isn't kino
yeah right. gtfo nigger

How do they feel comfortable being so incorrect? It completely convinced me that NIN wasn't just trying to be what people wanted NIN to be

Attached: 1535659981856.png (932x440, 565K)

Get fucked.

The worst is obviously pretty hate machine because it's too normie, 7/10. While the other albums are all 9 and 10/10.

I didn't find it funny a few years ago, I never thought about it, but right now I think it's hilarious that he just titled a song "SUCK".

>Getting mad at Trent, calling him a onions boy
>Probably preferring Skinny Puppy who's frontman ate so much onions that his fucking doctor ordered him to eat meat.

Attached: mad.gif (500x281, 1.15M)

Yes. Yes, it really sounds like that. But the thing with Reznor is that he always makes those things work just fine.
Take a look at he even manages to come up with interesting stories. These things are natural for the guy.

>Whaaaa whaaaaa Trent doesn't do stage performances like other electro industrial musicians, what a pop fag sellout!
>Trent did a traditional electro industrial stage performance? WHHAAAA WHAAA HOLY FUCK THE CRINGE

Handover is pretty good, tho.

Hesitation Marks gave birth to Tension 2013 and the trilogy and that trumps all criticism of the album.

more mommy HTDA pls

Attached: DtCN4xrU0AAMNyR.jpg (1080x1080, 179K)