Why isn't XTC one of the most popular and celebrated acts in the history of rock music?

Why isn't XTC one of the most popular and celebrated acts in the history of rock music?

Is the world truly this unjust?

Attached: file.png (220x220, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N2KbstWUBbo
youtube.com/watch?v=rBh31EG_VyQ
youtube.com/user/HarryPartridge
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You fuckers see what I mean?

I always see XTC in threads about most underrated bands.

For me, I only ever heard Cherry in Your Tree on some Carmen Sandiego soundtrack album, so I always thought they were a kids band or something. Only in a sharethread on Yea Forums where someone posted their entire discography did I finally listen to them for real, and they've become one of my most listened to artists for the last couple year or so.

I also think they had a hard time crossing over from the UK into the US market, and I don't think it helped that their Dukes of Stratosphear releases did better on the charts than their regular releases.

Grass is a good song. Recommend me some more.

I grew up on them- I don't know why they aren't very popular. I do hear some of their stuff on the radio once in a while though. I'm glad they aren't talked about a lot. My favorite album is Skylarking

Dear God and Senses Working Overtime are the songs that got me into the band.

they're beloved in bongland. too quirky for burgers for the most part. drums & wires on through to skylarking is a nearly perfect run, only kinda tarnished by mummer.

I tried getting into then recently and thought they were pretty boring. Not awful, just kinda generic 80's pop rock. What am I missing?

Dear God is so awful, don't listen to this guy

Listen to the albums Drums and Wires and Black Sea.

This song from The Big Express never ceases to amaze me

youtu.be/N2KbstWUBbo

Listen to Snowman from English Settlement

youtube.com/watch?v=rBh31EG_VyQ

AND I'VE GOT

TWO TICKETS TO PARADISE

PACK YOUR BAGS WELL LEAVE TONIGHT

ears

WE'RE ONLY MAKING PLANS FOR NIGEL

listen to more music and get an ear for melody

I wish people would talk about Apple Venus more desu.
Checked

>Dear God is so awful
Stop this meme. It's on par with most of Skylarking and the only reason it's not in it is because they were afraid of repercussion from angry americans.

Andy's voice is irratating as fuck. That's why.

He's very upfront about his voice being a "barking seal" sort of sound. I still love it, has lots of character and he always does everything with conviction. Plus he doesn't botch half his high notes like say David Byrne.

youtube.com/user/HarryPartridge
apparently this is Andy Partridges son which is cool af because i grew up watching him and now i listen to his dads music