Modest Mouse

When and why did they go to shit?

Attached: modestmouse-1.jpg (470x288, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZQC4XbYvHUo
youtube.com/watch?v=49Gz0Jfp-jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they were never good

Isaac got sober

This

Still the greatest indie band of all time

They went to shit because they had fluke radio success in 2004 and had to think commercially since

they went to shit when they released their god awful newest single

STO was good honestly, a lot of hate stems from MUH LCW AND LONG DRIVE
a good point

If you don't think We Were Dead is a good album, then I'm going have to ask you to have sex at your earliest convenience

Stuff a cock faggot, TLCW is Yea Forumscore

Attached: 220px-MMLonesomeCrowdedWest.jpg (220x220, 13K)

I'm glad they became successful and evolved. Of course I like their early stuff better but staying a tweaker garage band forever would have just been depressing and their happy ending makes their darker stuff more poignant.

Now THIS is kino

Attached: 220px-TheMoonAntarctica.jpg (220x220, 11K)

>I'M TRYIN'
>I'M TRYIN'
>TO DRINK AWAY THE PART OF THE DAY THAT I CAN NOT DRINK AWAY

Attached: 1360537662949.png (285x276, 65K)

>DRINK AWAY THE PART OF THE DAY THAT I CAN NOT DRINK AWAY

You had one job user

>WELLLL

I started drinking already.

Attached: 1536744754737.jpg (591x716, 20K)

Isaac Brock doesn’t see anything wrong with selling out. I mean, he said they were gonna do it and they did it, so can’t really knock the guy for it.

He sucks at selling out since they haven't had a hit in over a decade

based but its like a 6-7 its not that amazing

>GOD, IF I HAVE TO DIE
>YOU WILL HAVE TO DIE

Literally a repackaged Talking Heads. One of the lamest critically acclaimed indie rock bands ever.

EVERYTIME YOU THINK YOU'RE WALKING YOU'RE JUST MOVING THE GROUND

Whenever I listen to custom concern i always have to turn it down once the "GOTTA GO TO WORK" thing comes on cause its personally everything I hate about modern music. I hate his onions drinking, marvel watching, subreddit surfing, "i love emo like mcr" saying, women respecting, antifa worshiping, gay culture loving, starbucks drinking, no meat eating, rap music listening, stupid, zoomer, urbanite voice.

youtu.be/ZQC4XbYvHUo

what is this otherworldly level of bait
you know this song was released well before reddit, mcr, zoomers, etc. even existed?

Yeah but they seem like the people who would do that

cringe

one of their worst

If it triggers you so much why do you keep listening to it?

I just removed the part in audacity

OUT OF GAS
OUT OF ROAD
I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GONNA GO

I DIDN'T KNOW THEN
WAS IT A SON WAS IT A DAUGHTER?

How come you lads don't like GNFPWLBN?

if you were to strip this of all context and identifiers you'd still probably be able to tell when this band went to shit
the CHAD power trio vs. the virgin "throw wacky shit at the wall and hope it sticks"

Attached: 84db71fa53668b25f94ff2fc676cba2d[1].png (1000x420, 10K)

The Ugly Casanova album was the last time Isaac was involved in anything great

Everything after Good News feels like it's extremely self aware in a very bad way, it's like they're constantly thinking about how quirky they can be

Such a shame. They've really come a long way since releasing Float On, which was them at their absolute creative peak

He's just living his best life

Attached: 2898973707869911.png (594x376, 223K)

Is the universe really a math equation?

Probably more of a soi thing to do than anything you listed having a gripe with.

Who else agrees this is the goat modest mouse albulm?
>positive/negative
fuark

Attached: 7fybahxtb0vy.jpg (1920x1080, 1.13M)

We Were Dead is what killed them, i love the album but it drastically made them more radio friendly
Also this

just got sober and this realization just saddened me, BNOOS making me wanna relapse into degeneracy

Attached: 1555636091330.jpg (1024x1024, 59K)

MY
MOM'S
GOD IS A WOMAN AND MY MOM SHE IS A WITCH

Yup, Good News was the beginning of the end, and We Were Dead only cemented their downfall.

Difference is, We Were Dead actually has a few really amazing songs on it, and even Strangers to Ourselves has Ground Walks. I have no idea what they're doing now.

Side note, I saw them live in 2016 and they were unbelievably shit. Isaac's guitar was out of tune for three songs before he bothered to fix it and the ensemble were so out of sync it hurt.

bump

Agreed. The female backing vocal songs are among their best
>Interstate 8
>Grey ice water

their output has been increasingly mid the past few years but their first three (four including BNOOS) albums are incredible and TLCW itself is the greatest album ever made so it evens itself out yknow

holy shit the soi

>bankrupt on selling

Attached: 1552957771904.jpg (1500x1029, 121K)

youtube.com/watch?v=49Gz0Jfp-jI

Attached: Templeton.jpg (1224x1632, 559K)

GOTTA SEE GOTTA KNOW RIGHT NOW