I listened to the whole thing and can say with 100% certainty it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype...

I listened to the whole thing and can say with 100% certainty it doesn't even come close to living up to the hype. This is NOT the SoundCloud The Kick Inside; this isn't even the SoundCloud Lionheart.

Xanny, You Should See Me in a Crown, Bury a Friend, and ilomilo are the only good songs because they are exactly what I was expecting the album to sound like, i.e. trap-infused pop electronica with lyrics touching on emotional shit. The rest is literal filler. I was anticipating her to do something far more experimental or heavier at least (i.e. Miami scene blasted bass on more tracks), maybe sing about politics, who knows? Her vocal performances are the absolute worst thing about the album since her singing is horribly lackluster and brings a lot of her brother's good production down. Otherwise energetic songs (Bad Guy, All the Good Girls Go to Hell, My Strange Addiction) become super dull just due to her monotone singing.

No fucking clue how this shit got a fucking 8 from you-know-who.

Attached: when_we_fall_asleep_where_do_we_go.png (595x558, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nDq5FUg-W7k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsJirKEzUYY
youtube.com/watch?v=k1ATPhkVWi0
youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He gave it an 8 because he has an 'impartial critic' image to upkeep. Not all that confusing.

I figured it's because he panders to zoomers to keep his views high. Same reason why he gave Juice WRLD's shitty album a 6 when Spectrumcuck gave it a 2 and went on a long rant about toxic masculinity.

I’m guessing he was also paid.

>expecting quality from a 17-year old industry plant

I cant help but notice that the amount of threads about her have gone down by like 80%. Is the marketing campaign over or is it just zoomers with ADHD that went on to screech about something else?

>17
lmao why i keep seeing this industry lie. she's not even 17 she's like 22 or 23. my partner was her roommate freshman year at nyu in 2014. obviously they need that lie because without casting her as a young genius her music is just more unimpressive bedroom pop trash

Its because christgau called him a dark progger and also called him out for not incluiding enogh females on his year end list

>ariana grande
>billie boyish
>lizzo

just like he made a turn after the fader article to pathetically try to appeal more to the left and be more political, this is his response to cristgau. He’s the contrarian-reactionary kind

Yep. This exact same thing happened to the Jumex spam. I suspect the shills are contracted to post for a certain number of days

This is way better than anything Kate Bush ever released

>ariana grande
>billie Ellish
>lizzo

all female poptimist (aka non “dark-progger”) artists
hmmmmm

also no one is on defense of her calling everyone an incel

Any proof?

Shillie doesn’t even write her own songs m8.

She looks like she _____ _____ ____.

>went to NYU
She’s really fucking stupid if you watch her interviews.

Sucks Bavarian cock, ja das' recht

>the entire album was filler
FTFY

it's a part of the gimmick

Just like everything else about her.

Interesting.

LOL

Enjoys watching the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Okay.

there is nothing redeemable about this record, it's pure trash, that it fails to even qualify as pop.

The worst thing about this Billie Eilish album is Billie herself. If she were a more remarkable singer the album would be fairly good.

>bad guy is back in the top 10
NONONONONONO.

I thought that was Andrew WK from the thumbnail. Honestly got excited that our boy was dropping new material.

If she could sing I'd give it a 5/10, the production is pathetic all throughout.

She does look a bit too old to be 17.

Really? The production was very good on most of the record. I'd say the second biggest flaw aside from Billie's low-tier singing is how inconsistent the album is. An EP consisting of the tracks I mentioned in my OP plus Bad Guy and I Love You and it would be a pretty good trap pop album.

Nobody said the mere act of going to college made you smart.

Beats feel watered down imo. They could definitely use some edge

It's like she WANTS to be edgy but not TOO edgy, WANTS to be trap/industrial but not TOO trap/industrial, so the final product comes off as half-assed. I get what you're saying and have to agree.

She's trying to present the edgy SoundCloud hip hop sound (and look, while we're at it) as her own to the masses. Anyone with a real interest in music can see right through her

yeah but something edgier isn't going to fit her voice.

They're running out of money.
>muh tours
Drake can no longer fill an arena. It's fucked.

I actually disagree. Her whisper singing would sound fine over edgy production if she were to draw out each word, like this:
youtu.be/nDq5FUg-W7k

Then the production could take center stage and she might have a chance at having a good album

I follow her on IG, and last night she posted a story about how she just arrived in Kiwiland, the first stop on her world tour.

Two months ago she was touring Europe.

The North American part of her current tour allegedly "sold out" within 48 hours, but it's almost certainly the result of corporations buying up the tickets with the intent of selling them to normies right before the show begins at an inflated price. At least with all the money Denzel will be making from touring with her he'll be eating lunch, dinner, AND dessert.

But yeah, her hype seems to be dying down after 10 months of being shilled down everyone's throat. All her singles except for Bad Guy are falling off the charts. I think only Bury a Friend and When the Party's Over are still in the Top 40, and they're at 30 and 39 IIRC.

I'd agree if she had a better voice. It's obvious the singer in the track you linked sounds very crisp and sure of her vocal ability, which Billie doesn't.

Imagine Shillie trying to sing over these kinds of beats:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsJirKEzUYY

.... is a virgin.

>They're running out of money.

Doubtful. She's still getting a lot of media attention.

She got way more two months ago.

how many threads do we need saying that this isn't very good

She's literally a carbon copy of Lorde. Only difference is she had her rich Mommy and daddy pave her way into the industry. She's a fucking plant if there ever was one

And after Interscope invested so much money in her. I can tell a lot of people are going to get fired for this blunder.

Attached: 4B758B7B-89B1-4412-A9B1-C090CE79F1ED.jpg (1125x833, 392K)

How the fuck did she get takashi murakami to make a music video for her? She must have had Mommy and Daddy fork over a lot of money

Industry plant gets industry connections. Her parents aren't even relevant anymore, they just groomed her and handed her off, now she is owned by her label and they can open whatever doors they.

I mean, the argument against her being a plant is simply "SHE ISN'T CONTROLLED BY HER LABEL, IT'S LITERALLY JUST HER AND HER BROTHER MAKING MUSIC IN THEIR BEDROOM, ALL THE LABEL DOES IS DISTRIBUTE". Which, of course, completely ignores the fact that she had zero music of her own before being signed, her brother doesn't need to be signed in order to write/produce for her, and she's been payola'd on every major platform way more than other fresh new artists. Her image change is highly suspicious as well.

I don't think she's done yet. She'll probably stick around for another year.

How was she at Coachella?

Careful planning. They book acts a year in advance.

Really makes you think how they'd know she'd be the biggest pop star in the world by spring 2019.

Industry plants have a 2-year average retention rate from when they made it big to when they fall off.

It's pretty hilarious if it does turn out that she's actually in her early 20s and not in high school like they claim.

>high school
She's homeschooled. In fact, she's said in interviews her parents homeschooled her specifically so she could focus on becoming a Hollywood success story.

What ever happened to HOO-mex? No one talks about him anymore.

Attached: industry-garden.png (931x598, 827K)

How does it compare to Pure Heroine?

She showed up 40mins late to her set.

You're kidding.

Nope and cherry on top was she also forgot the lyrics to her own songs onstage. Just google it if you want all the details.

I've seen the video. I'm just amazed she'd be a fucking half hour late. Was this first weekend or second?

youtube.com/watch?v=k1ATPhkVWi0

Someone on RYM said she sounds identical to Lorde here but I don't hear it. I agree with OP her inability to sing ruins an otherwise upbeat song.

pay-O-la

Upon reaction to hearing bad music

Regular people:
>Im not going to listen to this music

Yea Forums:
>Im going to invent a conspiracy theory in an attempt to invalidate other's enjoyment of this music

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

I'm a 26 year old who mostly listens to older shit and I unironically liked this album even though I don't really like most "modern" music. I really dislike Post Malone, for example.

My favorite songs from the album are "Xanny", "When the Party's Over", and "Bury a Friend".

I'm going to disagree with you, OP, and say that certain parts of the songs where her voice shines through are the best parts to me. I'm really curious to hear what she sounds like independent of any sort of post-production bullshit. The songs are so over-produced at times she almost sounds like a robot, but then you get parts where she is just singing, with just her voice, and to me those parts sound pretty great. The "Sold my soul" portion of Bury a Friend, for example.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-20 at 11.54.47 AM.png (609x608, 204K)

>I'm a 26 year old who mostly listens to older shit and I unironically liked this album even though I don't really like most "modern" music

uh oh, I thought I was on Yea Forums but I must've ended up on a nobody's blog instead

I like listening to Britney Spears.

>I'm really curious to hear what she sounds like independent of any sort of post-production bullshit

you are in for a treat

youtube.com/watch?v=YL2HRdjDKnw

Y'ALL!

Have you ever heard her vocals without any processing? Britney was hilariously bad.

yeah overproduction was a huge issue on the album. her bro is the real artist after all tho.

Or better yet, have you ever heard her live? Her voice is absolutely terrible.

even he's a massive "so what?" as far as songwriters go

this is correct

stop using words like zoomer if you expect your point to be taken seriously

except regular people are literally digesting billie eilish's crap and smelling her farts like oxygen

Yikes.

DESU he uses way too many cliches and little enhancements, like he's writing lyrics based on what he learned in songwriting class rather than, say, his own personal experiences.

Wish You Were Gay felt oddly endearing, haven't heard the rest

The mom teaches songwriting, that's why.

Yep, a pure technician which in pop music is the worst thing you can be.

I mean, it's good critic bait but not much else. The lyrics on this thing just feel so stiff.

What would you say makes a "good" songwriter?

You must not know a lot of people

Well she's all over the internet.

Anyone I've talked to doesn't understand her popularity because they find her music dull and insincere. It's worth noting that her brother is a well known producer and co-wrote the entire album, so it's little wonder why is being shoved down everyone throats.

This is such an awful critical take jesus. You are literally denoting musical elements/genre tags into attributes to which you deem as 'experimental' or 'good'. She actually does take influence from the miami scene alot: see the distorted bass in Xanny where she uses it and pursues a different route by having the bass chop with the vocals. Something which I haven't seen much of in the miami scene especially in her soft tones. You cooould say its experimental wow (in pop circles at least). If you tried to listen to this beyond arbitrary elitist taglines maybe you might enjoy yourself. I'm not aa billie fan but fuck people like you make me want to be

>see the distorted bass in Xanny where she uses it and pursues a different route by having the bass chop with the vocals.

I mentioned that in my OP, dumbass. "takes influence A LOT" just isn't there. Most of the album was just mediocre pop.

Okay i missed that

But cmon tho 'Mediocre pop" - try harder. The ACTUAL point i was making was that you are not actually describing anything about it besides terms that other braindead users here would understand

Wish You Were Gay is the only great song on this album and I have no fucking clue how a tune that sharp made it onto a record like this.

Well... she's just boring. What in her album stands out as truly remarkable or unique? Her vocal abilities are shit, the lyrics are mostly corny, the production is good but I will admit it's over-produced (production overshines the performer). It's not a good-tier album, it's a meh-tier album.

boring, remarkable, unique, good, over-produced. good-tier???? None of that means anything at all

Im out

You want me to be more detailed in my critique?