Slacker Rock/core

Slacker Rock/core

Post breezy or chill songs like King Krule or Demarco-lites. Only top shelf quality

Attached: KINGKRULE_THEOOZ_COVER_310717.jpg (600x600, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRRRPiG4O0
youtu.be/Qu9FMfASReY
youtu.be/BqnG_Ei35JE
youtu.be/2w0ZJfsjjsI
youtube.com/watch?v=mSuA5-ybSic
youtube.com/watch?v=8_4SVESezUU
youtube.com/watch?v=j71w2DQcjHE
youtu.be/xA7q9zpqGmM
mega.nz/#F!1XA0BQjC!-zraPl2-2Jeq9yfGotN3tA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only slacker rock band worth a shit is Pavement, unless you lump in Archers of Loaf with them but Loaf were always more energetic. Slacker rock took the bite and groove out of rock music in my opinion

Im looking more for the modern genre, like the funky almost vaporwave rock filter a lot of Mac Demarco-lite artist are doing right now. King Krule is probably the best but I need more like that sound.

Other stuff like them maybe Jay Som, infinite bisous, her's, Gus Daperton etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRRRPiG4O0

Mild High Club? Maybe Ariel Pink?

Mild High Club is great, i feel Ariel Pink is gimmicky tho

Try Real Estate or Soccer Mommy

Real Estate comes to mind but idk if they sound like KK or Demarco but they're definitely breezy and chill.

fuck, beaten to it. Well, what that guy said.

+Jamie Woon, Homeshake & Unknown Mortal Orchestra

if you're going to rec Homeshake you should have the decency to warn him about how badly they've slid off in quality with their past two albums.
That said it is a good rec, go listen to In the Shower OP.

yea if you want minimalist r&b done good check
Yves Jarvis last album

fuck good call. one of my favorites this year so far but didn't think to mention it. Going to go hear it again now.

dang, imma listen again too

God damn you're right Homeshake took a massive dive. I'd also take any modern surf rock acts, they scratch the same itch

Some recent favorites
>youtu.be/Qu9FMfASReY
>youtu.be/BqnG_Ei35JE
>youtu.be/2w0ZJfsjjsI

it's not that I listen to no new music, but I never really bothered getting into King Krule or Mac DeMarco. Could you post a few sample tracks that capture the sound/feel you're looking for?

King Krule isn’t breezy. At least not that album

same guy here, still not sure exactly what you want, but when I thought about slackercore/slacker rock the first thing I thought might fit was pic related from 2017. Here's a couple tracks, if you have or haven't heard it already lemme know if it has that feel.
youtube.com/watch?v=mSuA5-ybSic
youtube.com/watch?v=8_4SVESezUU
youtube.com/watch?v=j71w2DQcjHE

Attached: folder.jpg (600x600, 100K)

connan mockasin

Yes this is exactly what I'm looking for

These too

Im not sure how to describe the exact guitar tone or feeling these guys play, kind of spacey and melancholic. But The Ooz was the pinnacle of that lofi jazzy or surf rock sound all the zoomer bands are doing now imo
Maybe more like the interludes off it than his voice

Durutti Column
youtu.be/xA7q9zpqGmM

Try Cosmo Pyke

Attached: artworks-000209384640-t0kag1-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 98K)

>Yes this is exactly what I'm looking for
oh awesome, well I already had it ULed on my mega account so if you didn't have it, here it is.
mega.nz/#F!1XA0BQjC!-zraPl2-2Jeq9yfGotN3tA
And based off the sort of sound you've been talking about looking for I'd definitely check out the Yves Jarvis album from this year like said