Arguably more innovative and critically acclaimed than Illmatic and 36 Chambers (and really any Hip Hop album yet)...

Arguably more innovative and critically acclaimed than Illmatic and 36 Chambers (and really any Hip Hop album yet). Yet doesn’t get the same hype like those albums.
Why is that? I know the “only old white people like __” meme is really shitposting bait. But the only people I know who cares about this album are old white people and old Hip Hop heads.

Attached: 34E81646-B83F-41C0-A3E7-A7CFC0DDB574.jpg (599x593, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mbg4Sji5A5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chuck D is great but what's the point of flava flav

Hype man to take the edge off the music.

>Arguably more innovative and critically acclaimed than Illmatic
>mfw he said this

Attached: BustaRhymesMakingFunOfStupidAnonsWhoThinkEminemIsTheGOAT.png (480x360, 152K)

Because it's not sonically pleasing at all. The album is littered with annoying, high pitched samples in pretty much every bar of every song that, along with Flava Flav, actually make it exhausting to listen to.

Arguably more innovative and critically acclaimed than Illmatic and 36 Chambers (and really any Hip Hop album yet). Yet doesn’t get the same hype like those albums.

Why is that? I know the “only old white people like __” meme is really shitposting bait. But the only people I know who cares about this album are old white people and old Hip Hop heads.

Attached: cover.jpg (714x711, 122K)

Because rap is a genre that doesn’t care about its past. Nobody gives a shit about old rap albums. Most old rap names are recognized but not actually listened to, nobody listens to Tupac or Wu-Tang. Nobody gives a shit about old rap.

rap isn't a genre

this

Doesn't have the same appeal. Whether that's the production, Chuck's voice and rapping, the hardcore approach or it just being TOO old-school I don't know.

this is better but all mu posts is it takes a nation... because it's on more 'influential hip-hop' lists. try hard wannabe fags

Attached: fearofablkplanet.jpg (1280x1280, 598K)

its too pro black. white people dont fuck with that

rap sold millions of records in the late 80's and earl 90's. white people bought it. you are stupid.

Fuzzy MJC fucked his wife.
Plus, Chuck D can't into break dance.

Came here to post this

>sung in english
>pro black

What? This album is unbearable. It's a huge fucking mess with annoying vocals screamed during the full listen. Yeah sure it has energy, but that doesn't make it any good. That annoying nigger with his child voice screaming "boiiii" and the different sounds playing at once, trying to make this as chaotic as they could, made it a really horrible experience for me. I get what they wanted to do, the media saying rap music is just noise, and they gave them that and i do respect it in that way. But musically this is complete garbage. It's the equivalent of monkeys screaming and making noises.

>I get what they wanted to do
no you didn't, pleb

yeah I don’t understand why it has universal acclaim. is it just a case of the “did it first”?

This album is actually pretty good though, but I can see how people wouldn't like it nowadays.

Read my post faggot piece of shit no taste garbage human scum.

>just a case of the “did it first”?
more like a case of "so much respect"

Attached: shirtrespect.jpg (194x259, 6K)

it's just a case of YOU ARE A PLEB who hasn't listened to this album or any other enough and you don't know what you're talking about

>listened to this album
Imagine listening to this album...

Plebs getting filtered by PE.

It's just too fucking redpilled.

(((music critics))) and teenage white rap heads don't want to hear real black empowerment, they to bop their heads to gangster shit.

yeah, sure

Attached: 1555796222328.jpg (1199x778, 194K)

>black man singing in english
>real black empowerment
LOL

They don't even have to force him to sing in english...
He does it by himself...
He can't even speak any african language...

This is the thing, that's not pro-black. That's blatantly pandering to white audiences.

Kendrick Lamar had potential until he completely sold out and started making BANGERS for middle class retards.

Attached: saul williams hip hop fox news.jpg (850x400, 63K)

the album was groundbreaking but its production has not aged well

Language is just a tool to communicate with people, it doesn't belong to any specific race or nationality. If you're making music that's relevant to black communities in America then the language of that music has to be English.

That's exactly what white supremacists told to the blacks.
Go back to /pol/ you piece of shit.

No, you go back to /pol/ you false-flagging incel.

Nah, that album has crystal clear sound quality. Sounds amazing today.
Basically the definition of controlled chaos.

kys you racist scum
Orile-ede Afirika gbooro ati awọn ede daradara wa.

Never listened to this or Illmatic tbqhwy but isn't critical acclaim objective, so not arguable? And influencing the creation hip-hop we have today is not a positive thing.

Ko si aaye fun ikorira, awọn fascists kii yoo ni aaye!

Attached: ewu.jpg (678x381, 55K)

I don't know man, i think they actually believe this "we wuz kangz" shit, but their producers change it in a way that they aren't offensive, so that white people can still listen to them. I believe you are right in a way.

You sound like a retard.

I might sound retarded but I'm actually autistic, so nice try dumbo you were dead wrong.

You sound gay. How about that?

Only for a select few so I'm still like 85% straight (making you wrong again). Looks like we've seen who the fool is here.

Attached: 1527125790693.jpg (792x1000, 213K)

>controlled chaos
bwahahahahahahahahahahahs

imagine being this guy

>Reddit spacing
Yikes

He's not wrong tho

based scaruffi drone

It's one of the most well-known hip hop albums ever made. How obsessed do you have to be to instantly think "Scaruffi"?

have sex

then help me get some

youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU
the sample in this is earrapey as fuck

Pleb

tryhard

Attached: 1543170235086.png (499x477, 421K)

Seething pleb.

To say YEAH BOI every five seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=Mbg4Sji5A5U

Rappers did not layer their voices. Pac copying Marvin Gaye really started that. So back in the day, had a hype man to do adlibs. He was to make the "skrrt "and "gang gang" parts.

NWA ripped off PE beats on SOC, and Cube's best solo album was produced by the bomb squad.

>(((music critics))) and teenage white rap heads don't want to hear

>/pol/ slang and (((those))) fucking brackets
>speaks absolute, easily refutable bullshit
Check out lol

Attached: 2019-04-23_21h11_36.jpg (349x373, 41K)

YEAH BOOOOOOI

Hahahaha wtf. Did this guy learn an African language to act as a tool for his online racism?

this is one of like five actually good rap albums lmao

This

i'm gonna fuck your eyesockets

I’m small

>Translation: "I don't what I'm talking about but I just want to say something inflammatory."

This is the best hip-hop album of all time, and it's the only one I immediately liked all the way through, and still liked on repeated listens. It feels more energetic than shit like Death Grips.

Nation of Millions was groundbreaking, but it's not really that good when you compare it to Fear of a Black Planet and Apocalypse 91, which blow it out of the water.

I can't listen to the original Bring The Noise after hearing the superior Anthrax remix

>It feels more energetic than shit like Death Grips.
because there are actual stakes involved, whereas deathgrips are just edgy art school kids

Nigga you retarded

Go back to /pol/

ONCE AGAIN BACK IS THE INCREDIBLE
RHYME ANIMAL

>problack
>did a song with anthrax
>the whitest fucking music genre ever

It's got great songs here and there but it isn't as captivating and it's super dated

>super dated

It still sounds fresher than most mumble rap shit that is dead on arrival.

>it's super dated
Not at all. Also it goes hard the whole way through

>super dated
How does it feel knowing you parrot what other retards say on an anime bird?