Real King Crimson

How come when you shits mention King Crimson, it's always Court? There are so many better albums from them.

Attached: Larks_.jpg (220x220, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0UOlF8vXy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shut up retard

Historical context, accessibility, and that rad cover art all give it a higher profile

Because you never actually been in KC threads in here, just see people memeing the album cover. We talk about Larks and Red all the time.

This. Lurk more

>Literally have one mediocore song (ITCOTCK) that by some miracle ends up with a following
>They still don't have the dignity to admit it's their only good song

nice babble

nice burble

nice banter

my favorite king crimson song is fallen angel

BRUU HAHA
BAAAWLLDERDASH
BALLY HOO

I think most people who actually discuss KC agree that Larks Tongue is the best one.
For the record the Wilson remix of Red is okay except that fucking snare drum in One More Red Nightmare. FUCK that thing.

BICKER
BICKER
BICKER

most of the people who just post Court have barely given the other albums a listen, if at all. They like that album because it's like a largely accessible proto-prog/psych album, and get scared off by the rest because it doesn't sound the same

Nah, Larks is arguably one of their worst because so many of the songs are aimless in structure.

Finally someone who's actually listened to their catalog. Red blows Court away and Discipline and Larks are also easily better.

what in the fuck are you talking about? aimless?!

Yeah because there's no structure to be had. A lot of it is essentially random.

somebody please make me like islands. i have tried a million times and it just never grabs me the same way as any one of their other albums. idk if it's boz's voice or just an overall relaxed quality that i can't quite get lost in it as much as the others, but it bums me out because i know it's a 'me' problem and i want to fix that

ive listened to and enjoyed nearly every king crimson album and yet court is still easily my favorite.

Most people agree their best creative period was the span between Larks and Red. ITCotCK is still a masterpiece obviously though, especially the 40th Anniversary edition with the edited version of Moonchild that makes the improv section literally perfect.

>Red blows Court away
It almost does. Providence isn't that great, the Moonchild improv was better, Asbury Park was better too. I feel like it's just one cool song short of overtaking Court. There is a demo/live recording of a song they did around '74 that I liked but I can't remember the name of, I would have liked them to have given it the studio treatment.
I don't like Discipline that much, it sounds plastic, and Belew is a cornball.

Specifics plz. There is literally no part in that album that doesn't have an easily identifiable metric or rhythmic structure. It's not the Eagles yeah but its not fucking Ferneyhough either.

Literally most of the title tracks. Ferneyhough has more actual structure in his music because it's not just one random part after another. Sure Larks is easy to get from a rhythm/metre perspective, but I am talking form here.

free improvisation =/= random, they're definitely structured, there's just a bit of exploration along the way. rather than planning out the direct path to follow, they built the songs organically around specific moments, the highs and lows that they definitely knew they wanted to hit

there are 2 title tracks, and one of them is no more 'aimless' than starless, it's just a slow buildup. comparing to ferneyhough is silly, the point isn't the precision complexity of written composition, it's about recording and utilizing the actual editing process to dictate how a composition comes together

I didn't bring the Ferneyhough comparison up. That being said, it's not necessarily a build up, either. Lots of noodling around rather than actually building something up. Classical music often builds stuff up, for an easier example so does post-rock. Larks is noodling then cliche climactic sounding thing. They don't connect.

ah my bad, i missed the other guy's comment. either way, i disagree wholeheartedly, but i guess that's an opinion thing, i wouldn't trade a single note of any of those songs. there's nothing random about them, it's just not using a traditional western approach to the composition, borrowing more from the contemporary avant-garde music of the time and a little bit of balkan influence. there's certainly nothing cliche about it. post-rock isn't really comparable either, that stuff is written out, there's no improvisational component to it. and as i said before, free-improvisation is not the same as random noodling.

Poseidon > Court

Attached: 1361139196097.png (1000x1000, 280K)

why not both?

Why on earth would you go with Larks' Tongues as your counterpoint?

Like you're not wrong, there's more to discuss than just Court of the Crimson King, but Larks' Tongues is not it. the extreme self-indulgence and lack of genuine value to the rest of the prog rock scene makes it one of their worst.

You're as bad as those people who say
>Pink Floyd is more than just Dark Side of the Moon! Have you heard of this little underrated gem called The Division Bell?
Yeah, there's more to a lot of artists than their most famous work. Their most famous work isn't even strictly their best work. But picking a relatively obscure and not very good album from their discography and praising it to sound more intellectual is pathetic posing and contrarianism purely and simply.

when will Robert Fripp™ let us have a good looking last.fm chart? Will it be on par with the releases on streaming platforms or do we still don't know?

Attached: 1537738017009.jpg (718x844, 104K)

>not very good album
you might not like it, but that's different than it being 'not very good'

huh? I thought it was one of their most acclaimed records. Certainly more than Lizard, Islands, In the Wake of Poseidon and arguably even Discipline. Only Red is above it discussion-wise on this board

i'd say Discipline is pretty heavily acclaimed too, but yeah it's pretty silly to say larks tongues is 'obscure' among their albums.

>when
>implying

Attached: 1550610952224.jpg (274x451, 31K)

let us rip fripp

IT'S AAAAALLLLLL TAAAAAAALK

Attached: 1536221673073s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

mimimi blah blah blah my taste is superor

last.fm is for cringy circlejerking zoomers

youtube.com/watch?v=r0UOlF8vXy8

aw hell yeah

I listened to their every album except beat, thrakk and three of a pair and I still think ITCOTCK is the best, fuck you contrarian faggots

the king crimson barber shop is their best song and everyone knows it

literally not even true. Red is brought up way more thaan any other kc album. .

CHATTER CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT CHIT CHAT

Larks’ is one of their most acclaimed records along with ITCOCK and Red, nerd.

>I think most people who actually discuss KC agree that Larks Tongue is the best one.
Speak for yourself fool

this is the most patrician take there is on KC but Yea Forums will never ever understand.

notice that nobody actually disagreed

Please lurk more if you think people on Yea Forums only know ITCOTCK.

Starless and Bible Black as well Discipline are pretty tight too

no photos pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

probably because few here have listened to Poseidon