/roll/

>take the four last digits from your post (XXXX)
>google "XXXX mod 1111"
>listen to the album with that number
>share your thoughts

Attached: 1111%20Essential%20Recordings%20of%20Music%20(LowRes).png (2500x10000, 3.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BgV5ORNLw8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rolling

rolll

What if I don’t want to?

you become a fag

no

roll

lorring

Let's see

rolling

hmmm

Rul

roll

roll

rolling

C'mon oceanian

K

Rollo

roll

roll

i've alienated myself from my friends and no one loves me

roll

Attached: 1553242166868.jpg (207x199, 10K)

Roll

roll i guess

Kavinsky - 1986, kinda shit

Y not

seems convoluted but alright

roll

rollin

Roll

I enjoyed this much more than anticipated

Jacob Rollier

rollin

I don't get it, tried googling it and nothing came up

never mind I am literally retarded

Attached: god dammit.jpg (291x291, 21K)

This is your album (423) youtube.com/watch?v=BgV5ORNLw8s

hmmmm

I stg if I get some bullshit

Poльнём-кa

roll

I got destroyed man

hey yellowjelly. do you think brutal prog is a subgenre of math rock? I mean to be brutal prog you have to also be math rock

roll

Attached: 1552130292486.jpg (1024x1024, 85K)

am i retarded? nothing came up for me either.
i'm missing something really fucking simple right?

nevermind i'm literally fucking retarded

quads

rolllllll

Pretty good, reroll

rolleo

I used to play french horn and I generally like music that includes brass instruments but my god was this a painful experience. The whole album was exactly like the Good News for People Who Love Bad News intro but stretched out beyond unacceptable

Also reroll cause apparently I don't know when to stop

Attached: DB8E0A30-BD75-40D2-8310-45237D3D7F65.jpg (2048x1498, 1.13M)

Gonna need a quick break before diving into this one

Attached: BCE12828-3DFA-4CB2-8251-5BFDB1BF5360.jpg (2048x1267, 925K)

rolling because i'm at the late bit of the quads

Roll

Rolling in the deep

reroll because i couldn't find it

still couldn't find it, i give up

rollin

Why is post-hardcore row dont placed under punk and hardcore? And what the fuck new wave deals with punk? Replace them.

Rall

stop throwing a tantrum at op and look at the 1111 essential recordings of music part with the contact info

Go

reminder that avant math is a trap cuck also roll

fuck canada
reroll

Rollio

I could only find that by searching... It doesn't appear on the artist page. Another "Three ragas" album with different pieces from the same year appears in the artist page though. It's not the first time spotify hides shit from me like this, anybody know the reason?

No idea why it does that, it’s the same thing with most albums that have been remastered. You can find the non remastered version but only if you google artist_name+album_name+spotify.

Also the album was exactly what I expected it to be and I didn’t enjoy it whatsoever. Guess I’m not ready for that kinda stuff yet.

Oh yeah, third roll cause I'm retarded

Roll

hmmm

bloop

roll

once more

>tantrum
where

Rolling

Way more listenable than the previous two. First track sounded like a phone recording of a VG tier record though the rest were fine. Gotta say listening to this during my geography class definitely made me feel like a patrician. Jokes aside, the album consists of a bunch of really comfy folk songs played on an acoustic guitar. For the most part you wouldn’t be able to tell where this was from though if it wasn’t for the vocals.

4th roll

Attached: 12163C4F-14E1-4D98-8016-8C730CDD657E.jpg (1113x855, 557K)

roll

roll

roll upppppp niggassssss

ok

rolling

roll

roll

Rollerino

one ring to roll them all

roll

reroll

rolll

Brutal prog is a sub-genre of avant-prog. It has some similarities with math rock, but both are different genres that evolved independently from each other (also, brutal prog predates math rock).

>I mean to be brutal prog you have to also be math rock
You have to use odd signatures, maybe, but that's not the same as being math rock.

That recording is pretty cool because its what the transition from classical marches to dixieland jazz might have sounded like.

Post-Hardcore evolved out of post-punk, not hardcore punk.
New wave evolved out of punk rock, not post-punk.
That's why.

Nothing wrong with traps, they are cute, you know? I'm not a cuck nor a trap anyways.

>Also the album was exactly what I expected it to be and I didn’t enjoy it whatsoever.
That's one of the most popular albums of traditional music. Just in case you didn't know.

Yeah, that album is super comfy. Also, apparently some of those songs were composed around a millenium ago or so, that's pretty cool.

It's in the link from the description. To be fair, I should just ditch most of the description and just include something short with the link so its more accessible.

>post-hardcore is not related to hardcore
>new wave wasnt started by a post-punk band Television
ok

>You have to use odd signatures, maybe, but that's not the same as being math rock.
what are some other characteristics to math rock

roll

Squeep

>post-hardcore is not related to hardcore
It is. When did I imply otherwise?

>new wave wasnt started by a post-punk band Television
Television are not post-punk. Television are not new wave either. Also, Blondie were making new wave before Television did.

Well, its math rock if it follows the trends from math rock bands (like Don Caballero), while brutal progs didn't do this, and nistead followed the trends of bands like Ruins. That's how genres are defined, going by the trends artists from it follow.

also you know field recordings aren't inherently experimental right?

roll

Attached: 1552847682068.gif (250x241, 160K)

Roll

Sure. Why do you mention it?

How can a genre that called "post-something" not be evolved directly from that "something"? Especially post-hardcore, the most clean genre from all that "post" genreshit.

because field recordings are listed under experimental

Rollar

>How can a genre that called "post-something" not be evolved directly from that "something"?
Brainlet post. Do you also think future funk is funk? Spoiler: it's not. Names are arbitrary, that's all. Even if we go by the genre name, post-hardcore could mean "post(-punk)-hardcore", so whatever.

>Especially post-hardcore, the most clean genre from all that "post" genreshit.
A lot of people argue post-hardcore isn't even punk rock, therefore even less hardcore punk.

Post-Hardcore started with Minutemen making post-punk songs, which they then would eventually influence Husker Du into making post-punk themselves, eventually them making post-hardcore songs as well.

Sure, it depends on the field recording.

Rolling for something actually decent

Attached: maxmain.jpg (1200x1200, 278K)

lets-a-go

roll

Future isnt post

Doesn't matter, they are both pseudo-modifiers. I could argue the same thing as you in the same case
>how could future FUNK not be FUNK!?
Because names are arbitrary. Same goes for post(-punk)-hardcore.

experimental =/= inaccessible
new age is experimental because its a type of musical pastiche
there is no reason to consider ambient experimental but not new age

meanwhile (true) industrial is experimental. stuff like throbbing gristle. post-industrial isn't experimental

do you know the difference between ambient and new age? ambient is music that focuses on the sound of the music more than anything else. while new age is calming melodies. experimental basically means unmusical and new age is musical

>post-industrial isn't experimental
Post-industrial is not industrial, so...
Again, genre names are arbitrary, don't count on them.

Yes, I know the difference. Did you know experimental is not the same as inaccessible by the way?

>ambient is music that focuses on the sound of the music more than anything else
Ambient is music meant for background listening.

>while new age is calming melodies
Not true. "Buddhist" new age is barely melodic, for example.

>experimental basically means unmusical
Source?

>new age is musical
So is ambient.

roll

how do you define experimental?

roll

I like to define experimental in terms of music that has its origins in musical concepts rather than musical styles. That's just me though.

>origins in musical concepts
like what?

background listening for ambient, noise for noise, improvisation for free improvisation, repetition for minimalism, etc.

rollin

minimalism is contemporary classical and not really related to experimental music

and what do they have in common?

>minimalism is contemporary classical
Contemporary classical is not a style of music.

>not really related to experimental music
Source?

That they all evolved out of musical concepts rather than musical styles.

and there is experimental minimalism, but the minimalism isn't what would make it experimental. for example a tape loop is experimental because it's tape/electroacoustic music and not because it's minimalism

>Contemporary classical is not a style of music.
what do you mean? are we still in the romantic era?

ayy lesroll

I'm implying the opposite. The romantic period could be considered to be a single style, but during the modern period classical music started to consist of independent styles of music (like serialism versus impressionism), while some other styles of "classical" music had nothing to do with actual styles of classical music (like musique concrete).

lets go

reroll because couldnt find the record

How do you define the style that is the romantic period? (curious)

Roll
desu

The music that followed the trends established by late-period Beethoven up until the music that started to follow the trends of modern period classical styles (impressionism, serialism, etc).

I'm pretty sure that one is on Soulseek.

i got brazilian folk, it was enjoyable i guess, time for a reroll

Roll

roll

roll

ROllL

gay nigger penis

rolling

Rolllllllllll

roll

COME ON

rolling

roll

Roll

Rolled this and listened to it. I'm sorry I just don't enjoy rap delivery of vocals and I didn't enjoy the album.

Attached: 71wQUp4rTRL._SX355_.jpg (355x351, 25K)

The most basic ass bitch folk with vocals that sound like shit. I don't even like that much folk to begin with, so my whole view might be biased.

The folk music I like is all about the lyrics. And since this album is in Spanish and the only word I understand is "negro" I'm going to have to give this album a

>Negr0/10

Attached: Chants_et_Danses_du_chili_1.png (450x455, 395K)

Roll

Rollerino

roll

Rall

Rolling so I can ignore what I get when it's like fucking African folk or something nobody wants to listen to

test

Roll

Big roll

Reroll

roll

mmmmmmm

RRrrrrrool

re roll

Dice

Go back to /pol/

roll

boi

Attached: 03.jpg (2048x2048, 209K)

Rolllll

roll

niggertranny

Attached: BE14E311-4F49-4013-8F74-65EAE34B3A50.jpg (640x357, 44K)

rolling

ROLL

pic related fuck me there are people who got rock or jazz and i have to listen to some fuckin slovenian folk

What a brainlet mentality.

niggerfaggot

roll for luck

roll

oh boy

roll

roll

bro I had to listen to a church choir

So I got Suzanne Haïk Vantoura – La Musique De La Bible Révélée. It's a religious album. I'm bored already. I was falling asleep within the first track. All it is is a choir singing what I can only assume is how much they love god. I can't tell what language they're speaking. However, the most interesting part is the backstory of the album. To quote the description of one of the songs, "Following the tragic destruction of the Second Temple of Jerusalem, the entire musical legacy of the Temple, both vocal and instrumental, seemed to be forever lost. However, the Masoretic scribes preserved (along with the biblical consonantal text itself) an ancient "reading tradition" dating back (according to themselves) to the Second Temple Era; and beginning about 1,200 years ago, they painstakingly copied that tradition out in exacting detail. The Masoretic Text is still the oldest complete copy of the Hebrew Bible that we have."

TL;DR - They preserved a scroll after the Jerusalem Temple burned down that had music on it, so they decided to faithfully recreate what it would sound like.

Not my type of music, but was still an interesting backstory to the album.
6.5/10

Roll n word

oh and reroll

Eskettitt

r o l l
o
l
l

Cuban music......
great.

Honestly not that bad, but I still can't stand listening to 30 minutes of this. However, skimming through the tracks, I realized I now unironically like Centro San Augustin. It starts with a really cool piano riff, and continues from there. I give it a 7/10

REROLL

Polynesian Gospel music. Can't say I ever would have found this on my own, but I'm thankful for the experience. It's strange and out-of-joint. I like it.

ill bite

roll

rolling for basque

Rolling

>look ma I'm rolling

Roll

roll

Haruomi Hosono - Video Game Music

I've heard this one before. I love YMO and Hosono's solo stuff but there are only two good tracks on VGM because the rest could really just be him sitting in the arcade since the music is hardly remixed other than the first and last tracks.

The 12" remix of Xevious is a banger though.

roll

FKA Twigs - LP1

Meh, reached the middle of the album, feels like I've been listening to the same song on loop, Pass.

Rerolling.

okay

rolle

wtf, I don't even know how to find "Kalmyk Heroic Epos Jangar"

okay, I can find that one

rolling

roll

the content of this list actually seems diverse. :) roll

Attached: mem.jpg (750x750, 63K)

roll

bruh

Roll