What bands initially got you into music?

For me it was Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse and the smashing pumpkins
Pic unrelated

Attached: 5D8A99D0-9378-4E29-8C6F-DA67E2143FBF.jpg (2048x1357, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_MI_WRHcMU
youtube.com/watch?v=OzCTuz4aGJI
youtube.com/watch?v=QfcLcDBII78
youtu.be/TSpiwK5fig0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Beatles, Nirvana, Radiohead, and "Weird" Al

enya, carbon based lifeforms, global communication, blind guardian
late bloomer, I didn't care about music for most of my teens

My older cousin and my older sister's tastes, basically
I mostly listen to jazz and mathrock now

Kaddisfly
youtube.com/watch?v=z_MI_WRHcMU

Daphne Loves Derby
youtube.com/watch?v=OzCTuz4aGJI

New Found Glory
youtube.com/watch?v=QfcLcDBII78

The scorpions, system of a down and every dad rock bands. But my taste today is completely different from then.

tool, david bowie, nine inch nails, nirvana especially. i read one of those stupid cobain biographies when i was a child around the time i started listening to some stuff

Attached: 1524652268398.jpg (600x403, 55K)

radiohead and gorillaz got me into music but brockhampton really got me into more underground music

i owe it most to red hot chili peppers, californication was my entry to music and what got me interested in it as an art form & hobby

Beatles on the ol' car cassette player on vacation.

youtu.be/TSpiwK5fig0

whats the pic from? it reminds me of my hometown i really like it

pink floyd. they made me realize that i was missing out on so many amazing different bands and artists

I'm convinced that the "terror time" song from scooby doo on zombie island is the reason I'm mainly into rock and metal.

Not him and don't know, but I walked past a street just like this to get to college every day in Victoria, British Columbia.

whatever my older brother and my dad was listening to. My dad was in a punk rock band in the 90's so I listened to a lot of NOFX, Blink 182, Sublime, etc. My older brother listened to the Velvet Underground and Queens of the Stone Age. Now I listen to just about everything thanks to my friends patrician music taste that rubbed off on me later.

Metallica was the first band where I went through their entire discography, then Radiohead, then Kendrick Lamar, then Death Grips, then Nirvana in that order. Love all of those bands/artists to death.

I was 13 and just gotten a computer when limewire was still the way to go. My family never ever listened to music in the car or pretty much anywhere. GnR and Def Leppard were a couple early favorites until about a year later i realized that they were terrible

had really shit taste before my brother showed me yankee hotel foxtrot, then illinois. still had pretty shit taste until i found rateyourmusic

Rush, The Beatles, Tower of Power, The Cars, Foo Fighters and Green Day

Dad plays bass and played a lot of pop rock from the 80's and 70's funk fusion in the car. I'm a 97 baby, so my older peers in elementary school were listening to all sorts of pop punk/alt rock.

the scorpions are dad rock though?

I think it is, but maybe is just my experience, my mom and dad liked scorpions a lot

Nirvana, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson and Ozzy Osbourne