Rap Music

Why is rap such a shitty pathetic genre of music?And why do so many people like it?

Attached: travis-scott-astroworld-billboard.jpg (1920x1280, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHxaRM4BNwk
youtube.com/watch?v=kbMqWXnpXcA
youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjw
youtube.com/watch?v=37YDcIQABEs
satellitehigh.bandcamp.com/track/the-ongoing-bane-of-product-placement
youtu.be/gGujOBeu37Y
youtu.be/TBr1ebmBjME
youtu.be/Cr4gKVsqh9o
open.spotify.com/album/17kfJTCoFeBnxfnBBVjYgU?si=AgD-2q2SQPyHjO-AJiWwhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rap’s not a genre. That’s like saying guitar solos are a genre.
The reason you think [hiphop] is shitty is because you’re a tourist

Maybe because it objectively sucks and is for niggers.

you're autistic and I don't think you have enough life experience or even care to understand hip hop music. Your post stinks of edgy teenager trying to be lowkey racist. and that's just cringe.

grow up

shitty bait. one day you're going to look back at yourself and cringe about how ignorant you were.

Great thread so far

Why is your comment and taste in music so shitty and why do you exist?

dude you literally used the words "niggers" in a fucking post , you don't really have any place to join in conversations because your opinions on things are based on brainwashing propaganda.

maybe if you formed your own personal opinion on things you'd understand stuff better. Or maybe you're just insecure, who knows, but people like you have no place in the outside world. reprogram yourself and stop being a simp.

Your racist as fuck, kill yourself

Based reddit spacer
OP sad cause the meme he’s built his worldview around is dying

youtube.com/watch?v=AHxaRM4BNwk
This is why.

Attached: hook.png (640x438, 164K)

The average person doesn't have independent thoughts. They generally just go along with whatever their peers do and copy what they see on TV. They call this "being normal".

Like this guy for example. Always saying shit like "you're autistic", "you're racist", "you're ignorant", "grow up". As if the average unwashed pleb has access to some higher knowledge as to how a 2 minute advert for Versace with a thumping bassline is high art.

What exactly don't you like a about hip hop?

i dont really understand what "reddit spacing" means. why wouldn't you seperate sentences for an easier reading experience? instead of just a giant wall of text.

>regurgitates months old NPC meme ideas
>literally believes other people are less human than he is

you're only experience with hip hop is "versace" I really don't think you are experienced enough to have an opinion on it.

It comes from the fact that you have to put two spaces between each line on reddit (may no longer be true)
It’s dumb and you’re right. Just a little anti-intellectualism, really.

oh I thought I was doing one space...I just think it's easier to read than having words all over the place. i'm surprised yall even talk about reddit any more desu the website is pretty much dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=kbMqWXnpXcA
here's another example of what's wrong with hip hop and black culture as a whole. posturing just for the sake of it to the point it turns minstrel.

Yea Forums has a myriad of people and a myriad of boards. All of which have a few things in common. Low quality bait and shit posters

You think nursery rhyme karaoke over Atari noises made by Jews is good and even black. Who's really brainwashed?

Attached: images (34).jpg (553x554, 18K)

I dare you to find a hip-hop song that has zero product placement in it.

Obv troll. Nothing funny about hating on a genre of music

youtube.com/watch?v=fXJc2NYwHjw

Not even gonna bite this one lol

>Huh, my black Timbs do me well (yeah)
Next

yeah they make it seem like they are super cool for not liking stuff, but it just makes them look foolish.

Have fun in this thread, I’m going out to IRL now

They're not less human, they're just stupid and easily peer-pressured.

I actually really like rap music but OP has a point, it's in a sorry state right now. Rap in the 2010s is for the most part just product placement for luxury goods and designed to make middle class white kids feel like they're hard for being bartards.

The reason I picked on Versace is because, for some absurd reason, Migos are actually very critically acclaimed despite being obviously terribad. It's ridiculous the mental gymnastics music critics jump through to glorify what is essentially 21st century blackface.

Why do generic white people enjoy listening to country music so much? Name your theories.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Don't forget your helmet, retard

that is not product placement. If that's product placement every single song ever written has product placment.

>makes tons of songs with lyrical garbage such as "LOL look at how much i flex and how much my man loves me"
>to "waaah i got cheated on"

Beyonce really is a fucking joke. Pretty much the state of all old stars like Eminem, Jay Z, Nas, West, etc.

The average person doesn't have independent thoughts. They generally just go along with whatever their peers do and copy what they see on TV. They call this "being normal".

Not every song mentions a trademarked brand name.

>If that's product placement every single song ever written has product placment.
You have a two-digit IQ.

>But I get my loot from Jive/Zomba
Just cause everyone needed to know, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=37YDcIQABEs

(You)

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 42K)

>Now I be freakin' me Black n Mild
Next

that's just regular banter, you're telling me everybody should just make songs and say generic "shoes", "drink" , "place"

no way you talk like that in real life unless you have aspergers or something.

Most music contains absolutely zero references to consumer goods. Banging on, and on, and on about what you wear or what you drive or what you drink, or how much money you have is pretty much an exclusive rap music thing.

Besides the odd exception this kind of shameless consumerism is completely absent in rock music, in blues, in folk, in soul, in reggae. The only genre I can think of that regularly dedicates a significant amount of their lyrics to advertising is rap.

Based

satellitehigh.bandcamp.com/track/the-ongoing-bane-of-product-placement

Whoever likes rap has Asperger's

gtfo rockist pleb

Attached: 0CC7A371-3258-4D5F-978A-CEF62FF4EABB.jpg (2000x1500, 366K)

rappin' for respect
gimme
respect

Is it product placement when they aren't paid anything to represent it and are actual consumers of said product they're rapping about?

You're a cocksucking faggot with as much money as you're permitted to have. To say otherwise is to lie, and that's disrespectful.

saying what something is and advertising it are two totally different things. Idk why that concept is so hard to understand. Hip Hop is like 50 years old, its a reflection of modern society

if you have a problem with rap or hip hop, listen to better hip hop. instead of writing off all hip hop

Modern society is an STD-riddled farce. You're sick if you like it.

you need a woman in your life man, holy crap.

hip hop's potential is infinite and i see so much of it wasted. but yeah most people on Yea Forums who hate rap and post about it are racist

Just go out dude.

Here's the thing. The lyrics shouldn't revolve entirely around consumer commodities to begin with, that's the biggest problem, not the specific companies they're advertising for.

Good rap music doesn't do this either. In 36 Chambers I don't think there's any product placement like this yet in modern rap it's fucking inescapable.

Yo basketballin' in da city streets
Wanderin'
Lookin' for respect
No jupin' around will ever make go away this voice in your head
Beging for respect
You're like, gimme respect.
Yo bro, so much respect
And you'll be rappin' and scratchin in the city streets
Chasin' respect in the shadows
Crying and mumbling: "Where is respect? Gimme respect!"
So much respect bro...

Gays love rap. Thats the best explanation. Rap as a whole is genre of music that promotes the worst form of faggotry possible.

you, right here are a boomer burger faggot.
you don't understand that you just listen to whatever, you sieve through the shite to find good music you like. you are such fucking faggots that you don't bother to even do that. die in a fucking hole

rap is really anti-gay yo. Coming out is a career killer even in 2019.

So you admit your a mumble loving fag.

OP probably likes ACDC and Led Zeppelin and will pretend their lyrics mean anything other than sex and drugs

Imagine craving for respect...
So much...

Attached: gimmemy.jpg (500x500, 340K)

>being around physically and mentally diseased animals
gross

how about a whole album?
youtu.be/gGujOBeu37Y

youtu.be/TBr1ebmBjME

OP here you’re wrong I don’t listen to trash like that I listen to Greta van Fleet

Wow you vibin' so much respect bro...

Attached: respect.jpg (225x225, 6K)

mumble rap is a subgenre

So you deserve respect...
It's not you demand respect
Not at all
You deserve respect
So much respect
So much gimme respect bro...

Death Metal Motherfuckers.Learn of it. Stop listening to that gay mumble nonsense. Get some satan in your lives.
youtu.be/Cr4gKVsqh9o

>From the MPV fly dirty tailin' the eye bubble eye thirty
>Like a pack of Big Bambú, with natural glue
>One false move, and get broke off! like end of Phillies
Next

dudes just trolling

dude rock and country music pander to consumerism ALL the time, idk what you're talking about. Punk music too

Yes and modern society is obsessed with consumerism, hence how that has bled into hip-hop. This isn't just a rap problem, in fact it isn't even a rap problem, it's a problem with the average person.

>saying what something is and advertising it are two totally different things
It's not though. If you're giving companies publicity through your music that's advertising even if they didn't pay you a cent to do it (though I'm certain they pay quite a lot for major rappers to do this).

>a notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy.

It doesn't necessarily have to be paid. Free advertising is a real phenomenon.

>dudes just trolling
Nah, I'm not. Pick a song. Your whole "culture" is an advertisement and I can prove it.

Mainstream Rock is just as gay as rap.

Led Zeppelin are pretty good and have a wide variety of lyrical content. The anti Led-Zeppelin circlejerk on this board is pure contrarianism.

AC/DC are indeed basically rock Migos tho.

HIP HOP = RESPECT

Attached: Respect-pour-le-hip-hop.jpg (340x340, 35K)

none of those are advertisements products dickhead next

The original poster, known by other names as the "dicksucker" and "faggot"
In it's natural habitat, it has a tantrum over a genre it doesn't like and posts it on 4channel for others to laugh at.
It can be seen throughout the boards of and we were lucky enough to find photos of it in the wild.

Attached: mmmmmm.png (1856x2048, 1.01M)

No, I say next. You sit there and caress your prostate.

I just don't think you go outside enough to understand it. Hip Hop really isn't for NEETs it's confident and motivational. A lot of people who don't get into rap music are typically people who are introverted, and can't understand the concepts of coming together as a community, building a brand, and coming from nothing through the art form.

Don't just ask for respect... demand respect.
DEMAND RESPECT BRO

Attached: muchrespect.jpg (272x186, 15K)

this is the level of discussion hip-hop haters have. take a good look at it. savor it.

Who fucking cares, rap dies the second the decades it was made is over
Like except the two idiots that dies, nobodies is listening to 80's and 90's raps.
Nas, Mobb Deep, De La Soul, Public Enemy = all forgotten
Kendrick, Kanye and all that shit will go down in the abyss in 2030 and you know it

listen to as many songs as you can on the money store, stop sucking your cock and do it or your a pretentious faggot who tries to play the judge, jury and prosecutor

hip hop is for people who want so much respect
people wanna rap and dance and scratch
all they want is respect
so motivational and confident
so much respect

Attached: yorespectit.jpg (220x229, 14K)

Only Illmatic is remembered. I will see only MBDTF or TPAB being remembered in the close-distant future.

very few people listen to a lot of music (in real life, not on the mu board)

>Punk music too
Punk music is probably the most aggressively iconoclast, anti-consumerist music on the planet besides literal communist propaganda music. Punk that panders to consumerism is failing at being punk.

>dude rock and country music pander to consumerism ALL the time
Not all the time though. However I was careful to say "besides the odd exception" because I realize there are enough exceptions to make a reply listing a good handful of examples.

You're literally kidding yourself if you think rock does this nearly as aggressively as rap does. You can't hear a rap song on the radio that doesn't namedrop some company at some point and the culture surrounding the genre in general lionises earning and spending money as the highest virtues.

I'm not sure about country though. I like country but I realize pop country in America is very different to the kind I listen to but I'm not American so I can't really comment on it. I've heard it's basically rap for rednecks.

Death Grips fans calling people pretentious? NOW I've seen fucking everything.

you so brave, hip hop is entitled to respect
so much

Attached: confident.jpg (181x279, 14K)

answer it, my point still stands

Literally the opposite lol, you have to be racist or a tryhard contrarian to hate rap music

When you see 4 threads about one of the worst perfomance of Coachellas ever (only Weezer was more Abysmal), it says a lot about how much of a jokes is it.

I bet someone who isn't your mom would cry if you died.

you really are mentally ill
CLEAN IT UP JANNY

Attached: CLEANITUP.png (800x1253, 305K)

yo man listenin' to hip hop now COMMAND respect
so much respect
so assertive

Attached: commandrespect.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Old hip hop (1990-2000s) was pretty good at least i think so. But after the new generation took over it is all shit. In the good old rap you had the grove and you could actually understand the meaning of the lyrics but the new "hip hop" shouldnt even be called hip hop

hip hop be called MUCH respect

Attached: sobrave.jpg (275x183, 11K)

what's wrong with wanting respect? why do you NOT want respect?

>Rap sucks
>102 replies within an hour

Is trolling Yea Forums that easy?

Whats wrong with being racist when your music is for niggers and it turns white people into wannabe jail butt fucking gay niggers.

That's not Yea Forums, that's Lucian Grainge's hires crawling out of the woodwork to kvetch.

you sound so scared and insecure lol. I love seeing post like yours because I know irl you are not a very accomplished or educated person.

look @ the poster count

WOW SO MUCH GIMME RESPECT!

Attached: gotit.png (1800x1200, 33K)

You admit your faggotry. Ha ha.

Classist bourgeois fuck. The working class is pretty racist across the board.

you don't work or go out much do you? Like do you have ANYTHING you're proud of? Do you make music do you have kids do you work? do you have a girlfriend. why are you so threatened by confident people

seethe all you kid , i'm not the one who blames everybody else for my shortcomings like you.

>kanye made good music people like in the 2000s
>kanye still makes good music people likes in the 2010s
what a fucking idiot you are.

Yo ma was playin' basketball
and me listenin' to the sound of the ball
jumpin' and jumpin'
and me hearin' ball sayin' words...
yeah I heard them words
OF RESPECT
gimme gimme gimme gimme

Attached: wannarespect.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

im an introvert and i love hip hop. it's the only thing i listen to besides prog.

You don't have to worry about coming across as threatening.

yeah not to you who is probably scared to sit next to a black guy on the subway.

I didn't know you work at the movie theater.

so much people not listenin' to hip
so much not likin' hop
not rappin'
not breakdancin'
why people hatin' hip hop?
why people afraid of hip hop
HIP HOP so CONFIDENT
people hatin' my basketball
people not givin' me what I deserve
this respect I deserve
so much
WHY?

Attached: wowsomuch.jpg (240x159, 5K)

>ye
>released in June
>not 1M sold since
>only gold
It's over get over it
Even fucking Panic At The Disco is more relevant than Kanye in 2019

ACHIEVIN' CONFIDENCE THROUGH HIP HOP
HIP HOP IS THE WAY TO PIC RELATED
so much respect

Attached: hiphop.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Fag

the consumerism of modern rap is pretty pathetic though
even the worst of sellouts in pop and rock wouldn't plaster their lyrics and music videos with brand names, they would still keep their work in advertising separate from their music
meanwhile hip hop deifies brands
imagine a label going up to someone like kurt cobain or whatever and asking him to do the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video in an a bunch of Gucci clothes with logos all over it while standing on top of a car whose front grill logo is displayed prominently in the frame?

Nobody thinks this way except /pol/. If they listened to some traditional hymn or marimba music from Africa (i.e definitely not rap) they'd find a way to rate it poorly.

people scared of me because me so CONFIDENT
they think wow he raps like a boss
so impressive
rappin' so wow
gonna give respect
so much respect

people don't buy records so album sales are a poor way to judge an artist. Check his show attendance records

ah yes, the last breath and words from somebody lost and can go no further. It's life man, you'll learn and pick yourself up. Just educate yourself and go out in the world and learn you wont have to look back on yourself years from now and cringe that you wasted your life living in a box.

Every teenager says this, you'll grow out of it
Unfortunately retards like this usually don't grow out of being complete morons

nigga are you broken or a bot or something?

Attached: hmm.png (612x491, 98K)

Try harder fag.

RESPECT
just respect
res. pect.
just... respect
r e s p e c t

Attached: yorespect.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Don't listen to user, user. You should stop trying so hard. People will still think you're not cool if you tell them you like hip-hop, I promise.

He has no friends and is extremely unlikable specifically because he has no concept of respect. This is his way of coping.

Streaming, radio play, itunes, YT, everything count as sales now
Nobody is listening to Ye and KSG
If TLOP doesn't target Taylor, it would have gone unnoticed by the grand public
This decade, only N in Paris (Jay Z), 4 5 Seconds (Rihanna) and I Love It (Lil Pump/meme) were somehow hits where Kanye was involved.
The rest in unknown of 90% of the world population

you gonna be brave
you saying yo like hip hop without fear
so confident
for the whole world to know
how much respect you deserve
so brave
fighting for brakdance
you are so confident
can't you hear the sound of
RESPECT comin' for ya bro?
wow

Attached: shirtrespect.jpg (194x259, 6K)

you are right about that, I do rap professionally and we do pretty good on Spotify and Itunes but MOST of our money comes from tours and doing festivals and stuff and merch. That's really the meat of making money and it's not fucking easy. I find people who don't tour really don't understand that, and it's fucking hard to organize big name rappers. Hip Hop is a very individualism based art form, big name guys are a pain to work with because hip hop is so in the present.

We all know the answer of this: He likes rap.

Attached: wowhip.png (225x225, 9K)

mental illness

cringey boomer posting

Underrated post on the beat

It's only gonna get tougher. You should learn to code.

yeah it's similar to what little kids do, blaming everybody in the room and bullying instead of just owning up and just recognizing their faults.

we got a ton of web developers and stuff, we are lucky we got a great team.
we are actually starting a tour soon

here's a link to our music if you're interested.

open.spotify.com/album/17kfJTCoFeBnxfnBBVjYgU?si=AgD-2q2SQPyHjO-AJiWwhQ

Attached: tourdatestarcult.jpg (720x720, 90K)

You do professonal rappin' 'n scratchin'
dancin' and sayin' yo in the mic
You demand respect
You want so much respect
And you make drum sounds with your mouth
so confident
WOW

>THE WHISKEY
So you are an anti-muslim rap band?

One of the gayest posts I've seen on Yea Forums in a while.

Honestly the best way to approach hip-hop is as a tourist. The average quality of the entire genre is so hilariously low that you're better off just listening to the classics years after they come out than wading through the ocean of shit it takes to find them as they happen.

Based Shinzo OP battling the cartoon enemies in his head

nice way to cope with being a loser, but you aren't fooling anybody. loser

>imagine a label going up to someone like kurt cobain or whatever and asking him to do the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video
Right?

Attached: nivernava-kurt-cobain-smell-like-teen-spirit.resized.jpg (636x480, 84K)

lmao I didn't even want to say it.

hip hop so winner bro

Attached: winner.jpg (750x422, 75K)

honestly not even that far from true. Even though I think it is a great art form and some perfect records have come out of it, since it's the current mainstream genre there's tons more shit than good as of right now

GOT RESPECT
so hip hop
confident

Attached: res.jpg (259x194, 7K)

yikes. you can say this about literally ALL music, don't be a simp. Especially rock music, at least hip hop evolves and is progressive. Rock NEVER evolved and that's why there are no good rock bands any more.

how can style of music that has literal bands and instruments make 30 years of garbage? It's insane.

Hip hop EVOLVES like a boss.
It's so IMPRESSIVE to see how CONFIDENT rappers really are.
It's a matter of RESPECT.
Of FEELING respect.
And DESERVING respect.
So MUCH respect.

cringe
you gotta go back you're not cut out to hang with the wolves kid.

Attached: 1544030155842.png (512x416, 46K)

Children are literally always wrong though

It's the opposite retard

Most rap isn't fucking mumble rap you retard

Is this a tourist general thread?

You know OP isn't taking about only mumble rap retard

> the /pol/tard being this new to Yea Forums
Talk about the relevant topic rather than throwing a pissy fit.

this

Most rap is mumble rap turd and is basically verbal throw up.

Turds your music is a big giant turd admit it.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x400, 120K)

you were born after 9/11 weren't you?

>Hip hop is a really deep music genre, you just don't GET IT!
Literally "music" for edgy 14 year olds with no taste

that's not true though, the youth drifts towards socially conscious music and Hip Hop is a representation of the world around us.

you're just bitter because your youth faded and you lack world experiences to evolve with the changing pace of the arts. It's not hard to just learn about something new for once in your life, you can't just pretend you're happy in one place. Hip Hop is about evolution , move with it or you're just going to be left behind with everybody else.

You are literally underage.

I was born in 1988 brotha. I think you meant to respond to a different post.

Okay well that's sad because I was born in 1997 and that sounded like something my little sister would write on facebook.

I think you are just really bitter and mad for some reason.

>Hip Hop is a representation of the world around us
Pretty sad that the world is nothing but face tattoos, drugs and loose women.
Wait a minute, that shit's great!

I'm not even the guy you were originally replying to.

Hip-hop never evolved or innovated once, but it does take credit for the work of others constantly.

Trump supporters are uneducated inbred shitbags who vote against their own economic interests

I bet you have never even spoken to one.

True.

Hip-hop is still a fucking embarrassment right now.

that is total bullshit
there's a reason that since the 1990s hip hop has been influencing everything from Rock to Pop music. Don't just discredit an entire style of music because you are afraid to admit you were wrong about something.

I was actually 100% right, and almost every hip-hop song that got played for me this week sounded like early 2000's emo with even worse lyrics.

Because it's a normie genere where 90% of popular shit is about money, sex, respect. You know normie things.

I was born in the 1990s and I hate rap and shit pop with a burning passion.

that's just an opinion, that's why you said "sounds like" because you know it doesn't really sound anything like it, you just associate it with other music you don't like.

nothing wrong with not liking something, you guys spend so much time trying to over explain yourselves and validate why you don't like it. Just say "I don't like rap music, it's not for me" you don't gotta go on these crazy racist / pretentious rants about it.

and there is nothing wrong with that, but don't defend yourself on WHY you don't like it, just don't like it. And don't act like you're better than people than do, because that's a quick way to have your opinion invalidated and a good way to alienate your peers.

I like rap. Hip-hop is spirit cancer and that's a fact.

>and there is nothing wrong with that, but don't defend yourself on WHY you don't like it, just don't like it. And don't act like you're better than people than do, because that's a quick way to have your opinion invalidated and a good way to alienate your peers.
Oh fuck off you sanctimonious prick.

Hip-hop is a lovely genre but someone has every right to defend their opinion on music whether it's positive or negative. Actively discussing and criticizing music is one of the best and most active parts of engaging with it as a hobby and if you're such a thin-skinned faggot you can't tolerate people calling the music you like shit then that's your problem and not theirs.

why are you so angry lol, you can't call me "thin skinned" when you can't even type without being aggressive and cussing and acting like a manchild.

You can't spell crap without rap.

Attached: cute frog.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Usually backed by threats of violence, which is really just insecurity.

Fuck you. Don't tone police me, you absolute woman.

listen to downtempo, it's hip hop for european's.