Christian Music is the worst and I'm a Christian

Why does Christian music suck so much?
I much prefer to listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=gvJt9IqoGVU

Attached: download (15).jpg (318x159, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3v9unphfi0
youtu.be/oCE9Cv1tEwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Koe2paD3jVA
youtube.com/watch?v=cY4iG0K0lfs
youtube.com/watch?v=iF96B27HYik
youtube.com/watch?v=VqQLh7aq74c
youtube.com/watch?v=RffgINMo4cE
youtube.com/watch?v=PCG7lBtCwXA
youtube.com/watch?v=ctpI9aRrpKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AAafyK44fCc
youtu.be/OPlK5HwFxcw
youtube.com/watch?v=O0V4pUlAw84
youtube.com/watch?v=gSaQ3Zk3HZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's because Christians aren't innovators, Christian music is about the lyrics, not the music. They are just trying to make contemporary music that parents can trick their kids into listening to.

Maybe because you don't have the cranial capabilities to listen to Christian music. I find it quite impossible for even a person like you to not like at least someone like John Tavener and especially mine favorite piece of his, the OST to Funeral Canticle. Not only that but there are so many medieval and classical composers who have really shown the beauty of it.

Contemporary Christian music that protestants listen to is garbage. You need to listen to real Christian music
youtube.com/watch?v=H3v9unphfi0

maybe you'll like christian/white metal
youtu.be/oCE9Cv1tEwQ

While I'm no fan of the genre in particular, it does have its moments. Here are two christian music songs I find noteworthy:

Jonathan Rundman - My Apology
youtube.com/watch?v=Koe2paD3jVA

GRITS My Life be Like (Ooh Ahh) (Liquid Beats Remix)
youtube.com/watch?v=cY4iG0K0lfs

Attached: coke display easter.jpg (640x1136, 159K)

you're probably looking at the wrong Christian music, like someone listening to Top 40 and saying "I hate pop"

youtube.com/watch?v=iF96B27HYik

Best christian rock album.

Attached: Leave Here A Stranger.jpg (1000x1000, 184K)

Gospel/religious folk songs are pretty good.

this. catholicism is where all the cool parts of christianity come from. protestantism is just "yeah jesus rocks jesus loves you he spoke to me etc."

Listen to good Christian Metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=VqQLh7aq74c
youtube.com/watch?v=RffgINMo4cE
youtube.com/watch?v=PCG7lBtCwXA

it's not all bad

Attached: 61jp1742MlL.jpg (500x500, 72K)

Maybe because your music fucking sucks.

Death Metal destroys your shitty poor attempts music

is this the good Christian music thread

youtube.com/watch?v=ctpI9aRrpKQ

Attached: Control.png (373x373, 416K)

Christian vocaloid:
youtube.com/watch?v=AAafyK44fCc

Does this count as Christian music?
youtu.be/OPlK5HwFxcw

Bach was Lutheran.

This album is meme and not christian at all

Based Lutherans

It's fantastic and literally entirely about christianity, did you even listen to it?

Your Grace
youtube.com/watch?v=O0V4pUlAw84

because most Christian rock bands are just playing the same thing as the "secular" rock bands and are trying to win folks over with their sound but with Christian lyrics so they add nothing new but are an acceptable listen for folks who think regular music is the work of the devil. Also because they are Christian rock bands they're given a pass. They suck but at least they have Christian lyrics.

A huge amount of the money in contemporary Christian music is selling sheet music of the songs to churches to play during their worship services. The music has to be easy enough and non-controversial enough for the average praise band to play. This leads to some really boring music.

Christian music tends to be really unambiguous, so you almost always end up with straightforward lyrics and clearcut interpretations. There's not much to discuss or wonder about with this music.

Christian rock sounds like a Nickleback ripoff with Jesus lyrics. They make Nickleback seem badass.

Attached: kujsU.jpg (626x460, 62K)

if the lyrics have Christian themes but are not praise n worship type stuff or "official Christian rock" does that mean they're not Christian music?
youtube.com/watch?v=gSaQ3Zk3HZs

"Musicians are often asked to answer for an entire culture, or for an entire movement. It's a process of commodification. It becomes packaged and summarized in a word like 'emo' or 'grunge'... or 'folk music.' I think that's just language itself, trying to understand the mysteries of the world."

"I believe that music is a spiritual language. My everyday self is pretty mundane and boring, but when I'm making music it allows for me to communicate a kind of transcendence that I can't communicate otherwise."

Sufjan Stevens said both of these. He also had another quote, that a can't find, where he basically says that there is no real distinction between christian and non christian music, that there is plenty of art that deals with christian ideas without being explicitly jesus-y.

IMO the thing that's so off putting about this CCM crap and those movies like I Can Only Imagine is that on the surface they talk about God so much but there's nothing really... spiritual [?] about them.

Look at something like the movie 8 1/2. there's not even anything explicitly spiritual about it, but still it involves the idea of a man trying to overcome a kind of narcissism, and begs the question- how can we absolve ourselves of Pride, of thinking we are the main character of our "movie," when we are trapped within our own perception?