Who needs a bassist when you have this?

Who needs a bassist when you have this?

Attached: 151431000000000-00-500x500.jpg (500x500, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Dc4n8EuK78
soundcloud.com/marc-schlepfer[spoiler]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anyone who wants to make good music

sure, if you show me what the thing can do,
or let me listen to what it sounds like
please

You make a good point but the retards would never book you and would talk shit about you just like they did to Jesus Christ

>the retards
would probably do that

Literally all you need is an ARP Odyssey and then just have some clown dance around pretending to play a bass.

youtu.be/0Dc4n8EuK78

What do you mean. Playing the bass parts on a guitar using an octave pedal? Why not just buy a bass? I've tried these before and unless you're playing through a bass amp it sounds like a guitar through an octave pedal, not a bass. If you own a bass amp, you probably own a bass rendering this entire thread fucking pointless

>clown dance
and that works ?

a bass is still a bass, going an octave lower on one track doesnt make that much of a difference it just makes your guitar track sound meatier

yup! basically covers the "we have a bassist" expectation without actually having to smell a real one

Attached: hi_five.png (493x402, 5K)

can't you just use basically anything as a bass ?
it just needs to sound like a bass

are bassists really that "skunk like" ?

yes but that's not all. they're the worst. go on tour with one, i dare you. you're better off going on tour with a full ripe diaper which requires 7 vegan meals a day and is freakishly tall so his feet all in the way 100% of the time, wether he's standing, sitting, or lying down. also if you have any need whatsoever to be on time within a calendar day just forget it. also he likely won't be able to drive or will find some way to not. "oops license just expired lol", "my clown feet can't operate the pedals", "oh this is a manual..."

yea sure, but I'd recommend using a bass guitar for bass, just as I'd recommend using a drum kit for drums and not pots and pans.

but you could use the pots and pans right ?

drum kit: pots and pans
bass: octave pedal
while you're at it here's your mic

Attached: 18800new.jpg (500x500, 27K)

buuut...
reverb is also just echo, soooo

bruh have you ever used one of those? they're cool as shit. it's literally a mechanical spring reverb.

also pro tip: want to give your snare more pizazz for a recording or gig? put one of those under it and mic it up! want to get an cool eerie effect on your piany? put 4 or 5 of those over the springs before you mic it up! also great on things like xylophone and stationary percussion

thanks user, i'll try it out sometime

Attached: 1547261877487.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

no you won't

Attached: despondent_pepe.jpg (400x387, 81K)

you can believe me or don't but i cracked fl - studio yesterday so i could actually do it
only if it istn't advertising:
[spoiler]soundcloud.com/marc-schlepfer[spoiler]

i hate spoilers

I'm not entirely sure what I'm listening to but this is pretty fire m8

Gb2 Yea Forums and take your r3ddit frog with tou

but user, this poster isn't me

Attached: pepe_music.jpg (250x201, 6K)

its Yea Forums

i know

Attached: despondent_pepe_lyme.jpg (400x387, 66K)

it's pretty lonely to be honest

Bassists add grooves.
You'll just play a shitty root with this thing.

if i knew what roots are

grow in the ground
feed the trees

Anyone who wants soul in their fucking music. Because why stop here? Why not just have all instruments played from a laptop, right?

>t. manlet guitarist

ask an Australian what a root is

pedals? just pirate the vst bro lol

The problem with an octaver is that it doesn't handle chords that well.

Imagine strumming an open chord with this thing on and receiving dissonant low end tone from the speakers. Add distortion and you get twice the mess.

that octaver in op pic sounds very good and meaty because its analog. cant do chords for the very same reason.

there are poly octavers and they sound like plastic shit. real bass players prefer the OC2 for sub oct.

you won't get the same pop textures for slapping and you'll miss out on the tone
I've tried
it's easier just buying a used bass for like $100

Is there a good octaver VST I can get somewhere (which doesn't cost an arm and a leg)?

it was a joke. learn an instrument, fag.

Actually these are better for putting a bass through (see the bass input?) then playing an octave higher up the neck, gives you a cool synthy sound

?

Attached: cat_makeup.jpg (538x960, 39K)

This same pedal can be used by an actual bassist to obtain uber bass
Your shitty guitar amp will always sound like a fart in the wind

should have been thread/ desu