By 2009, movies, music, TV shows, music, etc...

By 2009, movies, music, TV shows, music, etc. from 2003 felt very dated and like they were a million years ago (pic related, Sum 41 felt very old by 2009).

Yet if you compared 2013 media to now, they barely feel different at all from 2019 media, save for more political bullshit.

Attached: 1430640647996.jpg (640x480, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aCgkLICTskQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

based and markpilled

Wait until 2020

because of camera quality

Why? We didnt need to wait until 2010.

Sometimes I wake up and think it's still 2011. This world has stopped evolving.

everyone itt should watch this
youtu.be/aCgkLICTskQ

culture is stagnant

That's because you were probably 11 in 2003. It didn't really change; you grew up.

blame Yea Forums for the rapid shift in culture directly after 2003. It wasn’t normal

More SJWs, white nationalists, memes have taken over the world. The world has definitely evolved

Bump.

So politics have gotten even more retarded, that's the one way the world has changed. Music, video game graphics, CGI, movies, fashion, crime rates, hell, even most of the people who are famous today are still the same.

It’s because of the war. War creates chaotic cultural flux, it was the goal of the PNAC think tank guys who made it into Washington.

It's you. Relative to your experience your first ten years of life seem much longer than your second, etc. Therefore your experience of media and culture is distorted by this perception of time, too.

in 2009, people thought that the early 00s weren't different from 2009

PLEASE TELL ME WHHHYYYYYYY

MY CAR IS IN THE FRONTYARRRDDDD

completely wrong

cringed hard

i remember going on pop music, fashion, and "nostalgia" forums in 2008-2011 and many people claimed society hadn't radically changed since the late 90s

this is great

Attached: 1543100076853.jpg (673x360, 131K)

He killed himself like a year ago, I guess he really had no future.

Attached: 1193886240396.jpg (168x168, 12K)

pfft

Not really. Whenever I heard dubstep wub-wubs in a piece of media from the early 2010s it makes me cringe

2003 was normal stuff in 2009 most of the time
pic related is just already somwwhat old in 2003

I'd disagree. By 2009 I remember already seeing Youtube comments and stuff missing late 90s-early 00s things like Recess, Pokemon with Misty, dial-up, Tamagotchi, Hey Arnold, N64, prime Toonami (it had just gotten cancelled in 2008 and people reminisced on its better days), etc.

Pic related for proof, Millennials were already saying "Everything after 2004 sucks!" in 2009-2010. By then the feeling had set in that the world had drastically changed in only a few years.

Attached: 1552794149084.png (1101x545, 274K)

You can cringe so hard your face comes out your asshole, I’m still right.

I bet you fucking believe 9/11 conspiracies you fucking brainlet.

No they didn't. 2013 media feels quite dated now.

Agree, even I'm fucking here now

If Peterson is a meme then so is this guy

In Too Deep was old in 2003

The Iraq War started in 2003 too, you fuckin weeb. Imagine believing a Lebanese pottery forum shaped the course of major geopolitical events. Fucking hell.

What was the last good/soul era to be a kid in here?

Attached: 1554281255695.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

mine, obv

t. Core Zoomer

You’re saying those are unrelated events? LOL!

The world really did end in December 2012.

It's not the same. There haven't been any radical shifts, and I think this user nailed it It's fucking weird how long media has remained the same.

>blame Yea Forums for the rapid shift in culture directly after 2003
Then you're a fool. That crazy culture shift was normal. Compare the 70's to the 80's to the 90's.

We've been stagnating.

In what way? Name something that we'll cringe at and think "that's so 2013!"

I wanna say Core/Late Millennial, but I'm biased by nostalgia.

The 2010s were a pretty stagnant decade for culture. The mainstream music didn't change much, just went through noticeable flavors. Fashion didn't really change at all. Most of the television and films just carried on their franchise through the whole era.

The introduction and global adoption of the modern smartphone (beginning with the iPhone) has had a greater impact on culture than anything else.

i'd think that Yea Forums in general would be firmly anti the war

We reached the future in the '80s. Everything since then, technologically, is just an extension of that decade.

This is a perspective I would call pseudo-history. Definitely no basis for this kind of thought.

Go to the comments on songs from 2010-2016

2013 memes are dated as fuck

It's weird how the smart phone has basically turned the world into a disgusting monoculture.

Dubstep, nyan cat, rage comics, Gangnam Style, etc.

I do agree that culture is slowing though

Those are fads, I agree, but I wouldn't call them cultural changes. They're minor blips on a radar of a grey mass that has been consistent since 2008.

This is nostalgic as fuck.

It’s “disgusting” because humanity is still adjusting to the conditions that the internet and digitalization of culture have caused. Growing pains. Vaporwave is a great example of high culture evolving out of the chaotic flux created by digitalization. It’s a beautiful thing, you’re just blinded by your fascistic tendencies to view modern life as “degenerate”.

Yeah I saw them. Now Zoomers miss the Late 00s-early 10s. It's weird how nostalgia moves faster on the internet than real life.

I mean IRL, we're still obsessed with 80s nostalgia and movies are only just now moving to 90s nostalgia a bit. Yet online, we've already jumped far ahead into early 2010s nostalgia.

Attached: 1554923154507.png (1096x1059, 1.07M)

Way to put words in my mouth, cunt. The fact that all the unique pockets of yesterday have blended into this gross monoculture has little to do with degeneracy.
Also
>vaporwave
>high culture

>>vaporwave
>>high culture
Precisely. Thank you for proving my point. You can’t see that vaporwave is high culture because you are blinded by your fascistic ideology. You can claim it has little to do with degeneracy, but why would I believe that when your manner of conversation regarding modern digitalized culture follows the exact same pattern as any other discussion of degeneracy?

That's because between 2003 and 2009 computers, smartphones and the internet completely changed the western world and also the recession completely set the tone for the next decade.

Between 2013 and 2019 absolutely fuck all has happened. Well really a lot has happened but very little has changed. If you transported someone from 2003 into 2009 there'd be a lot to brief them on and for them to get used to. If you transported someone from 2013 to the present pretty much all you need to tell them to get them up to speed is that Donald Trump is the president now.

Actually, Donald Trump’s presidency is not a symptom of any significant problem. It’s literally a matter of waiting for the old bourgeois boomers and their even more ancient parents to die, then we can get shit done.

you are wrong

>we're still obsessed with 80s nostalgia and movies are only just now moving to 90s nostalgia a bit.
this is so wrong

why are so many anons ITT out of tune with the current trends?

early-mid 2000s is considered "cool" again

Attached: 2000s.png (848x479, 443K)

as tv continues to die, what shows will define the generation after gen z?

Internet personalities and netflix propaganda.

The only way we leave this awful decade is when rap and poptamism die and metal/grindcore goes mainstream

>and metal/grindcore goes mainstream
if that happens you will call it garbage
don't kid yerself

Umbrella Academy probably

We've only got a bit of 90s nostalgia with captain marvel, space jam 2, and the rugrats revival. Mostly hollywood is still heavily obsessed with 80s nostalgia (ready player one, kung fury, stranger things, neon aesthetic, etc.)

Metal is already mainstream, just not in ways trve kvlters like. Obviously not fucking Ariana Grande big but deathcore and some bands with hits like Pig Destroyer are on the radio. Also lots of normies bumped Sunbather when it came out.

Kung Fury is nearly 5 years old.

Ghost is pretty much one of the biggest new rock/metal bands today. I'd say metal is pretty fucking mainstream.

>In what way?
This is a music board, so if you look at the charts for '13 you see a lot of names that have disappeared now.