How come people always credit Fripp as the brains of KC...

how come people always credit Fripp as the brains of KC? Wetton and Bruford did just as much if not more for the sound of all 3 albums but rarely get any credit besides "bruford played pretty well on that track" or "I love wettons bass tone on this track!". Its stupid seeing as whats considered their best album (Red) was mainly done by Bruford and Wetton.

Attached: 4739277925_4d57a51cbe.jpg (500x286, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k5HannQM364
youtube.com/watch?v=WhudDa3JAyc
youtube.com/watch?v=GNkWac-Nm0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrowi4hHz8A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"Trio" was notable for being a quartet piece with only three active players – John Wetton on bass guitar, David Cross on viola and Robert Fripp on "flute" Mellotron. Bruford spent the entire piece with his drumsticks crossed over his chest, waiting for the right moment to join in but eventually realized that the improvised piece was progressing better without him. His decision not to add any percussion was seen by the rest of the band as a crucial choice, and he received co-writing credit for the piece

find me another drummer that would willingly not play on a track because they know it would sound better without them, you cant.

Nah, I find all that prog stuff corny as fuck these days so I don't like it as much as I used to, but KC has always had the most fantastic drumming sections that i still have a lot of respect for. More subtle and expressive without being too excessive like everything else.

>find me another drummer that would willingly not play on a band because he knows they will not sound better ever again
Fixed that for you :^) and I'm not talking about KC.

>how come people always credit Fripp as the brains of KC?
He is. In Red he simply stood back on purpose, the same way Waters simply stood back in some Pink Floyd albums. Fripp is more than King Crimson, just look at Frippertronics or his collaborations with Brian Eno, he's easily the greatest and most creative guitarist of his era.

Maybe he's not a virtuoso like Howe from Yes, but he's definitely way more influential. Fripp basically revolutionized the invention of loop pedals (which I use a lot, I got a loop station Boss-RC 20XL, I think it wouldn't exist the way it is without Fripp).

Fripp literally invented post-rock, or at least heavily influenced it, along with ambient and other experimental genres. Heck, Red is even credited for "inventing" heavy meal. Just listen to this, you can't deny the man is a creative genius, on his own fucking right, by far, when you compare him to his contemporaries.
youtube.com/watch?v=k5HannQM364

Attached: 124253346474.jpg (290x174, 6K)

>Fripp literally invented post-rock, or at least heavily influenced it
Wetton literally invented heavy metal, or at least heavily influenced it.
You seem to be conflating me saying that Fripp is not the driving force behind KC and Fripp not being a genius even though i never claimed the latter.

Attached: 1551472011916.jpg (400x300, 37K)

You’re a Fripp dick rider, he’s not THAT great.

>Wetton literally invented heavy metal
Paul McCartney invented heavy metal

truth is none of them "invented" heavy metal, that was just to illustrate how stupid your claim sounded if you had nothing to substantiate it

>Wetton literally invented heavy metal, or at least heavily influenced it.
I said Red did, not Fripp or any of its band-members you imbecile, re-read my post.

>Heck, Red is even credited for "inventing" heavy meal.

>You’re a Fripp dick rider, he’s not THAT great.
Name me a greater and more influential band leader/guitarist of the progressive rock era? Name me one from that era that literally paved a way to a whole type of pedals (loop pedals and looping in general)?

youtube.com/watch?v=WhudDa3JAyc

More Fripp here. You can't deny the man was way ahead or that he's a genius, just because he's an asshole. Fuck off back to rebdit faggot.

Attached: 1464463574424 (1).gif (538x572, 338K)

>I said Red did, not Fripp or any of its band-members you imbecile, re-read my post.
And my point is the sound of Red should be mainly contributed to Wetton and Bruford not Fripp.

>And my point is the sound of Red should be mainly contributed to Wetton and Bruford not Fripp
Again, re-read my post you imbecile.

>In Red he simply stood back on purpose, the same way Waters simply stood back in some Pink Floyd albums
You rebdit folk are genuinely stupid, fuck off back to your site, you ruined this one too much. Can't have critical discussion anymore, and it's been years.

Attached: 1405072061120.jpg (302x187, 23K)

>In Red he simply stood back on purpose, the same way Waters simply stood back in some Pink Floyd albums
How the fuck is this an argument for Fripp being a genius?
nice le reddit spacing btw

Attached: 23epoajksd2.jpg (504x552, 37K)

post fripps

Attached: fripp11.jpg (600x539, 68K)

Attached: Cr9GrjvUEAIqbMX.jpg (1200x673, 301K)

Attached: c6f59c1e5e7240a4c0d427abd71f3dbb.png (174x174, 4K)

kek

Attached: 1293+q+98e.jpg (1838x2281, 241K)

>How the fuck is this an argument for Fripp being a genius?
See Also listen to their self titled. Fripp was the creative mind behind ITCOTKC.

Also he accurately predicted how progressive rock bands should have ceased to exist when King Crimson first broke up mid 70s. Progressive rock bands turned into a joke, progressive rock musicians just started making shitty pop music in the 80s.

>70s Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=GNkWac-Nm0A

>post-70s Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Hrowi4hHz8A

Also don't make me post Genesis post-Gabriel please.

Attached: 61r34SB-E2L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 31K)

>Fripp was the creative mind behind ITCOTKC.
>Not Sinfield

Attached: 1534556226268.png (628x850, 126K)

Neither Steve Howe, nor Robert Fripp are virtuosos. I actually consider both of them to have very limited techniques for similar reasons.

Attached: frippsmile.jpg (458x594, 59K)

>Howe
>Not a Virtuoso

Have you ever listened to Close to the Edge (the song) or live footage of 70s Yes?