Easily the more talented guy in singing, songwriting range, compositional ability, coming up with melodies, etc

>easily the more talented guy in singing, songwriting range, compositional ability, coming up with melodies, etc
>was the only Beatle to have a viable solo career
>his solo career got crapped on by critics who all instead jerked off John Lennon's mediocre Chuck Berry rock and dudeweed beliefs
Music journalism was a mistake.

Attached: Paul-McCartney-Hulton-Archive-630x420.jpg (980x653, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5HeEwPoDGnw
youtube.com/watch?v=_LHeEwiQJsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

have sex

Paul McCartney sucks dicks in hell

telling me this like it’s something i don’t know?

I NEED A

Wings is the single most underrated band in history simply due to the fact that Beatles fans and music journalists shit on them for not being The Beatles. McCartney's run from 1970-1980 was phenomenal.

>his solo career got crapped on by critics who all instead jerked off John Lennon's mediocre Chuck Berry rock and dudeweed beliefs
Based, I totally agree. McCartney’s solo music actually progresses unlike Lennon who did exactly as you stated and Harrison who just made a Beatles album with Wall of Sound production

dirty woman

Based and redpilled.

Even to this day when it's widely acknowledged John Lennon was a dickhead and his solo music was terrible people are still too contrarian to admit Paul a best and just stan George instead.

Paul's the most overrated artist of all time. Not even second best Beatle.

Cringe and bluepilled

Ringo is the real pleb filter of the Beatles.

>>easily the more talented guy in singing, songwriting range, compositional ability, coming up with melodies, etc
Kek

Attached: F5D88ADB-944D-442C-8349-775D4F800F2D-1046-000000FFCABF0E41.jpg (328x283, 16K)

I agree Paul was the better musician but John was a better songwriter.

t. literally every music journalist and pleb normie consumer since the Beatles began.

>>was the only Beatle to have a viable solo career
Imagine actually believing this

>it's easy if you can

This. That's why they were perfect together.
I love Paul, but John's songwriting skills is literally not from this world.

>mediocre Chuck Berry rock and dudeweed beliefs
youtube.com/watch?v=5HeEwPoDGnw

>paul Mccartney fan
>calling others 'pleb normie'
Based

You’re arguably right in terms of Beatles but for solo stuff I think I agree with OP

Paul never wrote a song better than In My Life.

Then how come his solo career is shit while Paul's is awesome?

John wrote many amazing songs with the Beatles (many of their best) but they were really a necessary stabilizing influence on him. Without the rest of the band his songwriting isn't even as good as Noel Gallagher's.

Then why is all of his solo material bland as fuck and reminiscent of 50s/60s blues? Paul had much more interesting solo work

Paul released more good albums, so you might me correct. But i prefer by far Plastic Ono Band than every other Beatle solo album

>No love for Harrison
I'm mad, Yea Forums, I'm just disappointed.

>then why [opinion]?
I sincerely disagree, user. Paul's career is just as mediocre. But Lennon released the superior album.

See

Yesterday

>Paul had much more interesting solo work
Only if you cherry pick.

See: his first album that is entirely half finished ideas and Beatles outtakes no other Beatle was willing to touch

>Paul's career is awesome
You listened to like 6 albums in your entire life right?

>Paul released more good albums
Only because he wasn't killed in 1980.

Because John was a lazy fuck. Songs won't write itself. Paul is a workaholic that was always writing new shit.

Also, Plastic Ono Band > any Paul solo album although Paul's solo career is better overall.

Harrison gets his dick sucked every time a "best Beatles" argument comes up and it's been the reigning orthodoxy among music journalists and casual fans that he's the best one ever since it became public knowledge that John Lennon beat his wife and everyone realized "Imagine" is actually a very boring and preachy song.

Yea Forums is ahead of the curve, we love the walrus now.

This
Kek, not even better than Help!

>Then how come his solo career is shit while Paul's is awesome?
Cause you're a pleb maybe?

lol try again

George is the worst Beatle. Ringo's vocals are more endearing and his drumming more tasteful than George's guitar leads. Paul and John absolutely annihilate him in songwriting. Piggies is THE worst Beatles song. All Things Must Pass is insanely overrated. The most overrated solo Beatles album by a mile. George had to call in Eric Clapton to play his guitar solos for him. Hipsters love their underdog stories though. At least Ringo fans have a sense of humor.

George is the worst Beatle, but it's not 100% his fault either. These retarded hipster faggots who are all on about George being special when measured next to John Lennon and Paul McCartney need to be fucking euthanized. I would 10 out of 10 times rather hang out with a Yoko fan. Fuck George fans. The absolute worst kind of Beatles fan.

Neither George's nor Ringo's songwriting contributions would be missed if they were erased from history. The power gap between Lennon/McCartney and the next best Beatle is larger than the quality gap between JS Bach and whoever wrote the "I'm Lovin' It" jingle for McDonalds.

You've listened to exactly zero McCartney albums.

>Yea Forums is invaded by Reddit, we love the Walrus now
Ftfy

Doesn’t matter, both RAM and Band on the Run BTFO of any of Lennon’s solo work. McCartney I was just a collection of little demos he made while drinking himself to death from depression after The Beatles broke up

>Paul is a workaholic that was always writing new shit.
Much of it was just poppy "dooby dooby do!" bullshit though.

Lol, no

>you CANT disagree with me!
Based r*dditor

Cringe pasta please never post it again

Accurate.

>both RAM and Band on the Run BTFO of any of Lennon’s solo work
Oh you've never heard Plastic Ono Band? You should check it out
>McCartney I was just a collection of little demos he made while drinking himself to death from depression after The Beatles broke up
Nice damage control

Reminder that She Said She Said is the best Beatles song, and there's no Paul on it. Coincidence?

Attached: 507730A5-D670-478C-B28F-964BC5F0E841-17598-00001A136BA24037.jpg (502x703, 105K)

Plastic Ono Band better than RAM and Band on the Run.

based pasta please post more often

>ram
>band on the run
Based mediocre pop poster.

I meant to reply to the guy who said I've listened to like 6 albums. I wasn't planning on replying to you at all.

You're delusional.

Surprise much? They liked John because he pandered to their stupid antiwar/protest beliefs. Rock critics back then were hugely into the idea that rock=revolution.

Listen to Paul McCartney II

Plastic Ono Band is the epitome of what OP was referencing when he said
Lennon’s solo material was “mediocre Chuck Berry rock”. It’s devoid of interesting structures or any unique guitar/piano work. That track God is so fucking pretentious, it’s just the same shit over n over n over while he rambles quasi-intellectual bullshit over

Paul was the most consistently good Beatle. John's peak was much higher though. John's streak of masterpieces from 65-68 is unbeatable, and I honestly can't BELIEVE someone can't perceive how much of a genius he was on that time.

>Then how come his solo career is shit
It wasnt. Keep in mind, he was only alive for 10 years after the Beatles broke up, and for 5 of those years he was "retired". His entire solo output was done in a span of about 5 years. In that time he released arguably the best Beatles solo album (Imagine), as well as Mind Games and Double Fantasy. That's three classics in 5 years; that's a one hot album every 1.5 year average.

Is this you?

Attached: IMG_0292.jpg (750x988, 271K)

John even did a cover album of 50s rock and roll, although it wasn't very good.

But none of those albums are hot and Imagine isn't even a contender for best Beatles solo album.

>plastic ono band
>chuck berry ripoff
Wtf? I think OP was talking about Lennon's mid-70s output such as Sometime in NYC (1972) and Rock N Roll (1975). Plastic Ono Band is the furthest thing from Chuck Berry.

You mean the "bleepy blooop" album? It's awful
>Plastic Ono Band is the epitome of what OP was referencing when he said
>Lennon’s solo material was “mediocre Chuck Berry rock”
Show me a Chuck Berry song like "Love"
>It’s devoid of interesting structures or any unique guitar/piano work
complex =/= better
>it’s just the same shit over n over n over while he rambles quasi-intellectual bullshit over
>but I better ignore the interesting structure I was specifically looking for.
kek

Paulfags are literally retarded

Paul McCartney literally only had one (1) good song (just song, not album) in his entire 50 year solo career.

Holy fucking shit what a pleb

based and floydpilled

If that's what you think that's fine. But it is most certainly NOT poppy dooby doo music.

>was the only Beatle to have a viable solo career
I also prefer McCartney's solo stuff, Ram is a fucking great album. However, arguing he had a more viable solo career than John while John was writing songs like Working Class Hero and Imagine is silly. You expect if you ask the average person on the street if they prefer Band on the Run or Imagine that they'll even know what Band on the Run is?

>But it is most certainly NOT poppy dooby doo music.
Yeah it's just doo doo music

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ikr
The only ones who write a review shitting on a specific member are Paulfags.

Attached: IMG_0293.jpg (750x1272, 315K)

Pleb

All the songs that aren’t singer songwriter piano ballads are blues based rock
Lol I don’t even have a rym, nice try

Kek. Paulfags worst taste confirmed

>All the songs that aren’t singer songwriter piano ballads are blues based rock
As opposed to filling the world with silly love songs?

He was ok doing minor artists, the big names like Chuck Berry and Fats Domino he couldn't do justice to.

What interesting structure? He’s literally going back and forth between two piano chords the entire song. If you think that’s interesting structure then I don’t really know what to say except laugh

>easily the more talented guy in singing, songwriting range, compositional ability, coming up with melodies, etc
Now that's what I call being delusional.

And maybe it was also for the best that John died when he did because the 80s would have just been terrible for him. He was the last guy on the planet who could have adapted to that decade.

Ok I shouldn't have read that now I'm mad as fuck

Attached: 1553903281921.png (800x600, 1.08M)

7/10 would read again

Imagine wasn't anything special either. He said himself it was just the Communist Manifesto set to music.

I’ll take love songs with interesting arrangements/structure over Lennon ranting about how smart, peaceful, and “woke” he is any day of the week

Ringo's solo albums were mostly pretty bad, but they also weren't as preachy as George's quasi-spiritual/Indian mysticism antics.

Post-Scaruffi postmodern millennials

Attached: IMG_0284.jpg (746x429, 100K)

>over Lennon ranting about how smart, peaceful, and “woke” he is any day of the week
Yeh but that's what appealed to critics. Unfortunately.

Hey user what do you think of the structure of I Am The Walrus and Good Morning Good Morning?

I get you but I really wanted to listen to John going electronic. Even knowing it would probably be one of the worst thing ever.

In his eulogy for John Lennon, Christgau said "I had somehow always believed that John would still be making good rock and roll when he was 60 and I was 58."

Attached: 1370134141277.jpg (282x415, 19K)

>dumb faggot who can't into extremely personal records
No wonder he's a Paulfaggot, the most shallow artist of all time

I wonder why he wrote that song. He wasn't even a communist.

I agree, although he was also (as others have said) a fairly lazy guy so the embarrassments might have been fewer than some of his peers like Bob Dylan, who had no fucking clue what he was doing but the albums kept coming anyway.

Christgau, in 1980, wrote "why John, and not Paul instead?"
Fucking based.

Both Beatles tracks, were talking solo work here user. Besides Lennon’s best Beatles tracks are A Day in the Life and Happiness is a Warm Gun, both of which he needed help from the other Beatles to finish cause he blows at arranging song structures. Bet you haven’t even listen to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey

That was his dickwad wife who said that.

Huh? What the fuck is this reply lol
You literally didn't answer my honest question.

I too prefer John over Paul but Christgau is a fucking faggot. Thurston Moore should have broken his arms preventing him from writing critics ever again due to fear.

In one way or another every song John Lennon ever wrote was entirely about himself.

>He’s literally going back and forth between two piano chords the entire song

>paulfags in charging of knowing anything about music
Or maybe you just can't count?

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-19 14.51.36.png (548x637, 51K)

Oh I can, the music just has to be interesting too. Otherwise the album is just crying over the same chord progressions over and over again, which gets boring after the first two songs

I would argue Paul had most of the chops in the band but John's edginess was also important to keep him from devolving into cutesy schlock, which ultimately he did with crud like Ebony and Ivory.

>he cant into minimalist pop
Based pleb

So you are saying he was artistically honest
(unlike Paul)

FWIW Christgau and his wife were personal friends of the Lennons.

I enjoy both songs, but Good Morning is probably my least favorite track off Sgt Pepper, while I Am the Walrus is one of my favs off MMT

>Besides Lennon’s best Beatles tracks are A Day in the Life and Happiness is a Warm Gun, both of which he needed help from the other Beatles to finish cause he blows at arranging song structures
What did Paul write in happiness is a warm Gun?
>Bet you haven’t even listen to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
Paul couldn't actually finish a song, so he just stuck random half finished shit together, that makes no sense in the end
WOW

Lennon wrote In My Life and Strawberry Fields. How can any other pop artist compete with him

>Oh I can, the music just has to be interesting too.
PRO-TIP: interesting music is not justified if the song has no point or meaning itself.

So what? Saying that Paul should have gone instead of John is fucking stupid.

Sorry, he bounces between G, Em, C and D the entire song. Wow, so revolutionary

Name one dishonest Paul song and tell us why it's dishonest.

They guy who wrote this, of course!
youtube.com/watch?v=_LHeEwiQJsY

Maxwell Silver Hammer. The individual never existed, it's a lie.

Lmao nice joke

Nice goalpost shifting

It's just really embarrassing that you can't count. You should avoid discussing music

>What did Paul write in happiness is a warm Gun?
"bang bang shoot shoot"... typical Paul childish writing

Damn, you got me. Paulfags btfo'd forever.

Daily reminder that How Do You Sleep is the best and nastiest diss track ever.

John was based as fuck.

Paul's granny shite

That's the best part of the song

>what did Paul write in HIAWG?
I didn’t say Paul, I said the Beatles, straight from Wikipedia:
>Although tensions were high among the Beatles during the album's recording sessions, the band collaborated as a close unit to work out the song's challenging rhythmic and metre issues
>Having spent over two years studying the sitar, George Harrison had become familiar with the complex time signatures typically found in Indian classical music. Lennon benefited from Harrison's input in the arrangement for "Happiness Is a Warm Gun"
Uncle Albert flows so well from section to section, I don’t know how you think it isn’t well put together or disparate
Yea so I guess we should just throw all instrumental music out the window then

>that beep beep beep beep yea on Drive My Car
Ruined a perfect album. Thanks paul.
>yellow subhuman on Revolver
Thanks paul
>Maxwell Silver Hammer
Thanks paul McCartney

As opposed to the complex time signature and key change that John composed?

Nah

Yeah

John needed help when building such a complex song. Paul never wrote a song like that, so it's pretty evident that he didn't need help.
50's doo wop isn't challenging

>I didn’t say Paul, I said the Beatles, straight from Wikipedia
Where does it say he needed them? Not seeing that in your quote...

>all instrumental music out the window
Except we are discussing songs, not instrumental music. Nice goalpost shifting

I’ll admit you got me there, but I don’t really listen to that album, was just going off my memory. I still do think the chord progressions are pretty dull and his lyrics are ridiculous

>but I don’t really listen to that album
>but I swear it's shit!
Paulfags everyone

>instrumental music doesn't have a meaning
Based plebeian that never heard about tone poems. Embarrassing

Beatles threads are the best kind of threads even when we are fighting about who is the best member, but at the end of the day, I love every single one of these lads. Their music make me so happy.

Thanks Yea Forums.

Attached: 1547091222619.png (580x715, 646K)

George is the best Beatle. John is too experimental, and Paul is too shallow. George is the best musician, wrote the best songs, made the best solo album.

See

>the band collaborated as a close unit to work out the song's challenging rhythmic and metre issues
Right here
>Except we are discussing songs, not instrumental music. Nice goalpost shifting
Instrumental music can’t be in song format? What?
I don’t listen to it regularly because the 3-4 times I have listened to it I didn’t like it much

dude india lmao

Why the fuck was this not a single

>Instrumental music can’t be in song format?
Do you know what a song is? Holy kek

>Right here
Still not seeing the words "need". Where are they user?
>Instrumental music can’t be in song format? What?
Yes, because a song is by definition the marriage of music and lyric. You are dumb. Makes sense you are the guy who can't count past two.

Alright way to be extremely specific, not all instrumental music is a “tone poem” that you fucking moron
>Sgt Pepper
>She’s Leaving Home
>Helter Skelter
>Mother Nature’s Son
>Abbey Road Medley
Idiot

>a bunch of not-complex songs and a medley that reunites John songs
How are they complex, user?

>>She’s Leaving Home
Reminder that Lennon wrote that chorus part
>Abbey Road Medley
Reminder Lennon wrote like half of this

Who needs who now?

George Harrison was just a weeb for India.

Ok both of you are just being extremely nitpicky about definitions. If the other Beatles hadn’t helped with HIAWG it wouldn’t have been put together in the flawless way it is, he probably would’ve just cut the weird time sig stuff. And regarding instrumental music, I really don’t care. If I buy an instrumental album it’s got multiple tracks on it to denote each idea. If you’re so butthurt about calling those “songs” then whatever; track/song means the same thing to me and it’s clear you’re using this argument to somehow invalidate what I previously argued. I don’t really give a shit

Love You To is great though

>If the other Beatles hadn’t helped with HIAWG it wouldn’t have been put together in the flawless way it is
Yes, they're a band. This can be applied to every beatles song.
>track/song means the same thing to me
It isn't though. You're not really musically educated. No wonder you prefer Paul over John.

>If the other Beatles hadn’t helped with HIAWG it wouldn’t have been put together in the flawless way it is
Same logic can apply to Helter Skelter, Back in the USSR, Obla Di Obla Da, Honey pie, Hey Jude, etc
>he probably would’ve just cut the weird time sig stuff
No, pretty sure John made them play it that way
>I really don’t care that I don't know wtf I'm talking about
OK
>track/song means the same thing to me
Then you should probably educate yourself before discussing music with other people
>it’s clear you’re using this argument to somehow invalidate what I previously argued.
Not needed, as I already made it perfectly clear musical complexity is meaningless without a point or meaning, something you couldn't refute.

The fact that I got 4 different Johnfags butthurt enough to reply to me numerous times is enough for me, besides my original argument was complexity of solo work, someone else dragged me into talking about Beatles tracks. Also lol if you think Lennon was more “musically educated” than Paul, Paul could play guitar, piano and bass better than Lennon could play guitar and had a significantly better range as a singer than Lennon both emotionally and ramgewise. Also congrats for knowing about basic pop music theory and non 4/4 time sigs!! I’m sure your theory degree will grant you much success and fame in the future ;)

>literally doesn't know the definition of song
>talking about musical education
Based

>Also lol if you think Lennon was more “musically educated” than Paul,
Quote me where I said that
>better range as a singer than Lennon both emotionally
Such as? I mean, Song About Oh Yeah Yeah Yeah Nah Nah and a Song About Doop Dooop Dooby really isn't much of a range, is it?

Also
>The fact that I got 4 different Johnfags butthurt enough to reply to me numerous times is enough for me
Jokes on you, I'm the same guy who gets off by posting unending arguments in every single Beatles thread on Yea Forums for the last six years. If you would have been a Johnfag, I would have switched sides to be a Paulfag and argued anyways. So by all means continue to think you have somehow b8ed me.

Lol sorry read the other replies, it’s hard to keep track of who says what when it’s 1 vs 4 ;P
>Jokes on you, I'm the same guy who gets off by posting unending arguments in every single Beatles thread on Yea Forums for the last six years. If you would have been a Johnfag, I would have switched sides to be a Paulfag and argued anyways
Based, I hope we cross paths again Animorphous-Beatlesposter

>Paul is the best Beatle!!
>The best Beatles songs? Probably Across The Universe, Strawberry Fields, I Am The Walrus In My life...
Every time

based
Paul steered the Beatles ship and allowed John's writing to flourish. If not for him they would still be Elvis ripoffs like on Beatles for Sale

Art critics have historically not only been a bane unto art itself, but their bullshit directly caused the holocaust

You can't get much worse than art critics.

Attached: ctkr,x2200,front,black-c,375,163,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 79K)

>Piggies is THE worst Beatles song
I always hated Savoy Truffel as well. Wtf was he doing? I think the brain tumor was already developing.

Yikes that's some shit taste right here.

Attached: 1526237305467.png (1200x1200, 1.22M)

But now he's a ukulelefag gaylord

Attached: tuedy8tf.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Ah yes because the chad musician in this scenario is the one who writes every single song about the wife who ruined the Beatles and neglected his child. Makes sense.

Have YOU ever actually had sex? It's terrible, they want to stick around afterwards and cuddle and the bed is too hot and also sweaty and the combined body heat is too much and the bed gets overheated and they sort of think they're you're friend now but they're not your friend. The second after you cum I'm just disgusted by them anyways but they don't want to be alone because they're needy or some other stupid made up feeling so I have to take them out for some breakfast and buy them a fucking omelet that we both know she's not going to finish and then when its over you have to get her number and promise you'll call her but we both know you're not going to call her. Why would you? You already got what you wanted out of her and the sex was mediocre at best and you wasted one of the two days a week you have free of being a wagecuck, you took your valuable free time and you fucking wasted it on some average broad when you could have paid for a hooker and had her get up and leave so I could go back to playing video games.

The only reason to have sex, and I mean LITERALLY THE ONLY REASON, is that fucking without a condom on feels pretty great. Nothing else about sex is even remotely enjoyable, not the stupid foreplay, not the cuddling, I don't even particularly enjoy getting my dick sucked anymore. I'd rather eat a burrito and watch American Dad and be left the fuck alone. No, I'm not going to marry you. No, you're not going to trick me into getting you pregnant(I've had a few women really try hard with that one), and no, you're not coming to live with me in my big empty house.

For one thing, it's my fucking house. For another thing, I like it big and empty, and lastly you're a fucking bore. Women are for the most part IMMENSELY boring. No, I'm not interested in hearing about your stupid day. No, I don't care what Sarah the intern said about your hair. No, I don't FUCKING CARE ABOUT HOW YOU'RE FEELING TODAY

NOT. FUCKING. WORTH. IT

nothing in john's solo career is as good as temporary secretary

Based Paulfag

lose weight

while this is true, the joke is on them because Here Comes the Sun is the biggest Beatles song in the world

Yesterday is objectively. Here Comes The Sun is only #1 on streaming services because of braindead zoomers.