Even the rock dads on reddit have sided with her, Yea Forums is now the last holdout...

even the rock dads on reddit have sided with her, Yea Forums is now the last holdout, what does that say about this place?

Attached: 0a118bd7-123e-4269-a92e-6f78e0a0169c.png (1293x876, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbjwfQG_N_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=KfDKtCLU_qo
itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.41c2b501-a02d-11e5-a128-12abbf77360a#
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the front page of reddit is 100% bots and astroturfing. these aren't normal people you're dealing with here

This just in...
reddit is retarded what do you know

>huge wall of text that doesn't even address the incredible amount of media appearances and hype before releasing a single album or the strangely professional music videos and photoshoots that were there from the very start
>"dude she makes this stuff in her bedroom ;^)"

is this really the best response interscopes got?

Had the displeasure of reading an interview in a free canadian magazine with her. Anyone that actually feels what she writes is authentic or that it speaks to them is not worth your time. Its all image and that image is meaningless.

Also lol that wall of text.

whatever happened to that one fake goth band? pale waves or whatever

im not reading all of that retard dribble

I saw this awful thread the other day, I never touch anything music related on reddit and the one time I look to see that’s fucking there
The OP called some Billie Ellish song a real banger so there’s nothing of value to be seen there

She is an industry plant, but if manufactured pop music wasn't good then why are kpop threads 3 times as active as the average thread on Yea Forums

>4 silver
>10 gold
>platinum
lol

*sips* yep, billy eilish is the next nirvana

>it's spammed everywhere
>that means it's good, true and real
This is your brain on reddit.

But op, its like nirvana again. But if nirvana was a girl who sang generic indie pop that she dident even write and had a marketing team

Kpop General is like 30 people spamming pics of their waifus and BTS

>Accessible means bad
>More people liking something means it's objectively worse

This is your brain on onions latte's and glasses without lenses.

I think that you guys should just shut the fuck up about her, and that all of these threads should be fucking saged.
All of this fucking bitching honestly bothers me more than praise. She's just another shitty fucking popstar, poptimism is more prevalent then ever, shut the fuck up about this shit.

"hey maybe your music is a bit phony and has a giant corporate machine behind it and its actually very transparent to everyone who isnt a brain dead moron"

"HOW DARE YOU SIR, HOW DARE YOU SPEW SUCH VITRIOL AT A GIRL"

yeah this user is right, it's 30 people and they can't leave the house during school hours because they are registered offenders

There's 5 posts a minute in every kpop thread and at least 3 kpop threads up at all times. That's more than twice as much as any other thread on mu.

this is your brain on reddit.com

disgusting

Attached: backtoreddit.jpg (717x880, 202K)

No one on mu actually likes kpop, its a quarantine zone for autistic faggots.

>made you reply
Stop frothing, based boy. It's okay. Just go be where you belong.

He doesn't even address the telltale signs of Billie being a plant.

>signed to Interscope (a label notorious for crating plants) at 14
>signed with only one major song to her name which she didn't even write or produce herself
>shilled heavily on Apple Music (which has direct connections to Interscope)
>went on two world tours with only a single EP to her name
>got a feature on AOTY 2018
>she and her brother are heavily bankrolled by Interscope, "just her and her bro making songs in their bedroom" is a total red herring

Am I the only one who thinks this should have been her big hit instead of Bad Guy?
youtube.com/watch?v=GbjwfQG_N_Y

Good vocal performance, good production, good message. Fits her aesthetic too.

Attached: billieayelish.png (936x598, 773K)

>Coachella books acts a year in advance
>Billie Eilish has only released her very first track 8 months ago
>She is currently playing Coachella

You mean that Coachella knew immediately that she would be huge? Like from day 1?

Attached: Historical Cucks.png (1200x1925, 1005K)

Very interesting.

This is nothing we haven't already heard.

there's kpop threads in /int/ and /trash/ as well
honestly at this point a kpop board would be more active than half of every other board

Dude you just figured it out there's no way to counterargue that

the guy who posted it has better music taste than most of Yea Forums desu

Attached: 12421421421124.png (840x218, 12K)

There's also no way to counter-argue the fact she got signed to a major label infamous for planting with almost no musical experience.

"But the labels want to sign artists early so they can make more profit off them!" - yeah dipshit, that's exactly what planting is.

He has the exact same taste as most of Yea Forums, except he seems to be proud of it.

Even if her parents aren't Hollywood A-listers it's still the case they have industry connections. Billie even says her entire childhood was marked by talent shows and events with the children of other industry professionals. There's no way she would have gone viral or been signed without those connections.

Literally definition of a turist
>Good taste

This is tourist Yea Forums music taste.
It's something you suppose to like for like 3 months then move on to something more personal to you.

>randomly slips Coltrane
of course

Attached: 1552813886235.jpg (1200x1185, 233K)

Although I agree, I still understand he would list more well-known artists as his favorite in a thread that got that many upvotes and views. He's not on some niche music subreddit, this is going to get seen by like a million people so better go with more popular choices that people will recognize, but which still have decent quality.

When you have to write a long ass statement about how you're not an industry plant, you're an industry plant

I love how any serious attempts at countering it have been hilariously bad this thread.

Albums are not as important indicators of anything in this day and age. Lil Pump's rise to fame for example was off two songs quite a bit before the s/t dropped. This is also not counting the fact that she has already dropped a popular EP before her current LP release so you're either blatantly lying or just fucking stupid.
Ocean Eyes came out long before it was on her EP and before she was signed to Interscope. It was already popular as fuck. Many musicians, even of genres like rock where ppl think it's otherwise, are often performers/the face of the music written by the songwriter. She was shilled heavily after being proven to be a viral hit and a draw. Just straight up advertising someone that you know people won't check out is a terrible risk business wise. Seven gold and two platinum singles before an LP release definitely is justification for big tours plus big features. We have been in a mainly singles based music economy for a while. Of course Interscope will spend money to advertise their stuff, that's literally why you sign to a label so they can put you out there. But all music credit is still given to Billie and her brother even in the new LP.

or you know, he can be honest and actually list the things he likes instead of listing the top artsy yet accesible thing of every popular genre he could think of

Wow delete your Yea Forums account ASAP

Her first track was released in 2016 are you retarded?

>by describing how much I like krautrock like Can
Him slipping in Can’s genre to the sentence for no reason made me suspect if he even listened to them

yes and none of them post in other threads!

nobody's trying, we are just laughing at people like you writing essays on defense of a really obvious plant

i think he really doesn't, he just read one article on it and called it a day

Ocean Eyes didn't blow up until Interscope/UMG re-released it.

>Write point multiple bullet points for shit
>b-but I was only pretending to be stupid
Lmao nah, you guys know you are wrong but are too stubborn to admit it. This stuff is too high effort to be a troll, or a very bad attempt at trolling.

youtube.com/watch?v=KfDKtCLU_qo
>"she's WISE BEYOND HER YEARS GUIZE"
>literally says nothing insightful the whole time

i actually read nothing on your post after the first sentence and i doubt somebody will. this isn't reddit bro

Whatever you say mr interscope

>Nina Simone
Everytime

Sure, but that was after it already got buzz among Soundcloud ppl. Just like how a lot of Soundcloud rappers got big.

Most SoundCloud rappers are plants as well.

The post right above my rely to you says otherwise bro. This backtracking is hilarious. Got a day off today so I don't get on this site at this time usually. Not surprising how bad the NEETs are at everything, whether its discussion or trolling.

Not really as theres 100000000 of them and not all of them blow up like Pump, XXX, or 69 none of whom are plants.

this board is so bad at trolling and here's why:
>writes 10000 sentence essay

Soundcloud rappers who got big did it by constantly releasing music and creating a fanbase
Xxxtentacion, the artist who Made it big Time off soundcloud, was putting music since like 2012, gaining a strong fanbase

This bitch Is like the robotic, non-organic version of those cases. Tbh she just has a nivel Face to market. everybody knows

>reddit

Attached: BE8F12C4-32C7-417F-B6A0-A430239267E7.jpg (750x308, 103K)

>Not really as theres 100000000 of them and not all of them blow up like Pump, XXX, or 69 none of whom are plants
>none of whom are plants
Hahahahahahahahaha

Most of the SoundCloud rappers who got big around 2016-2017 were already making music in the underground Miami scene since 2012.

Meanwhile, Billie had zero presence underground. The most she did musically-speaking before being signed was childhood talent shows (where she, no doubt, mingled with the children of other Hollywood industry insiders).

X didn't start making music till 2013 wtf are you on about? Also Billie was already creating a far larger buzz to begin with and is overall from a business perspective FAR more marketable/accessible than X, Pump, and 69 put together.

They were too high risk and not overall marketable to be plants.

hello, reddit

Yea what i said, she's great to market among younger hoes
She's just what old people think young people are into these days

I do agree somewhat as unlike the other soundcloud people she's the only one who I know also has fans who in their mid 20s based on some of the people I hang out with while Pump and them is usually much younger ppl unless a song comes on in the club.

Yea, she's the fashion with all the edges cut, no wonder soccer moms like her or whatever

I don't necessarily think it's unusual for the label to be promoting her 24/7. That's what happens with all up and coming stars.

What I do think is very off is how she's being promoted as some kind of musical prodigy, some huge force which is challenging and reshaping pop music, when the stuff she's put out doesn't sound all that different from what's been consumed in large amounts since the early 2010s (Lorde-alikes and all that). She's the "future of music" insofar that what she's making sells. Apart from that, I see nothing all that groundbreaking about her.

People on here complain how Billie is promoted as "deep" and "socially conscious" when her content just doesn't fit the bill. I fail to see how any song she's put out touches on social issues or promotes a degree of wisdom that's analogous to, say, anything a 60s folk singer or "woke" rapper would. And her personality is anything but "wise beyond her years". You can't really deny she comes off as pretty dumb.

xDD

this fucking jackass is comparing early artic monkeys and billie ahahhahhhah

>"i'M nOt A pLaNt I nEvEr WaNtEd To Be FaMoUs"
Okay.

some of the recent ones definitely are (Juice WLRD, Jumex) but the miami trap scene itself and most of its artists came up organically, it's just in the phase where it has proven itself enough for the big labels to adopt the aesthetic and/or sound into their "artistic" venture projects

just like what happened with seattle grunge in the 90s

but literally no one's claiming she's political or socially conscious, only that she doesn't sing about wild indulgent shit or sex.

Attached: screen94.png (697x703, 54K)

That's how you can tell who's a plant and who's not. If someone has a plethora of "home town" stories, i.e. "I did a lot of shit in my HOME TOWN's underground scene", "I started making music with other local artists from my HOME TOWN", "I did a ton of gigs back in my HOME TOWN" they are almost certainly NOT a plant.

However, if an artist has no or very few "home town" stories you know they were planted by a label. Billie's only childhood stories are her time in talent shows and industry events. No one else really seemed to know her.

Of course she’s an industry plant— that’s not the issue. The issue is that they’re pushing this degenerate bullshit music on young girls and that their cuck dads are defending it. Also if you have ever browsed reddit, you need to leave this website immediately.

lmao

Attached: 6DD5EEC2-E992-45F5-9EFC-DD984CA99E0B.jpg (394x790, 53K)

That “dad” is a 21 year old marketing intern

Then why did Dave Grohl and Flea endorse her? Those are some big names in rock.

you forgot lying about her age
itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.41c2b501-a02d-11e5-a128-12abbf77360a#

Attached: 1530593108046.png (515x735, 576K)

Billie you suck for real

those are investors kek

Fake tweet.

it's not a tweet it's a post on apple music

>born december 18 2001 (age 17 today)
>posted 3 years ago in november 12 or december 11 2015 (at age 14)
>claims she wrote this song 16 years after she was 2 years old, implying she was at least 18 at the time

Attached: wut.jpg (657x527, 40K)

They were paid by UMG to endorse her.

She never claimed to be socially conscious though.

it gets the noggin joggin don't it

Literally 90's NPC

>Lists the most entry-level stuff you can imagine

Blown the everloving fuck out. Based user.

Lol at Coltrane, he's the jazz musician normies say they like if they want to pretend they're deep and intellectual. Probably listened to Love Supreme or My Favourite Things once

how old is she really?

It's just like when Rick James released his debut album. Instead of his real age, they claimed he was 25 so they could go for the younger demographic.

>Literally 90% of people can't See an Industry Plant for what she is as they are too conditioned
The West is dead.
I'm moving to East Asia.

Attached: 1555463663033.jpg (318x317, 26K)

billey ellish is suck she's a stupid plant

prepare to be disappointed

Attached: kpop-boy-groups[1].jpg (600x350, 102K)