More abrasive than Death Grips

>more abrasive than Death Grips
>more experimental than Radiohead

Okay let's admit it, this album is a fucking masterpiece.

Attached: file.png (600x600, 281K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RU6EuvsgrrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UmIiq_EHR1c
youtube.com/watch?v=4GChp1gxagU
youtube.com/watch?v=m1cRGVaJF7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mui0sj-kxLY
youtube.com/watch?v=WFwuJUeT9rU
youtube.com/watch?v=RkfzXq0tA3c
youtube.com/watch?v=QcvbHeJdn-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a_sAH2QGotE
youtube.com/watch?v=3s3VpHLH00Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9OJaVvnYzYA
youtube.com/watch?v=JRjuZcfUt7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6pjmP-FmcRg
youtube.com/watch?v=mW-ZbEHeICw
youtube.com/watch?v=i_uiXKSARdI
youtube.com/watch?v=arcBTaE8yso
youtube.com/watch?v=suEDStzyDSg
youtube.com/watch?v=VAh72okE7BE
youtube.com/watch?v=joJX36YYwl8
discogs.com/search/?sort=title,asc&style_exact=EBM&format_exact=Vinyl&decade=1980
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look ma! He made the thread again!

>mfw when a metalfag starts talking about how sick, dark and twisted their favorite music sounds like
how cute

Attached: Daughters-Brooklyn-1_b4b62e6b8feb204f329c1700ab8c6c4a.jpg (1008x567, 165K)

have sex

>experimental
How so?

It's neither of those. Doesn't mean it's a bad album.

neither of these qualities are extremely impressive

Also neither are very rare at all.

After five or six listens this finally clicked and it's beautiful. Nothing like finally understanding an impenetrable masterpiece.

Heavier and denser than Swans.

true

Experimental is bad

Actually not true, what are you guys smoking? I was honestly disappointed with this album and found it rather tame.

i think this record is absolutely great :)

>OMG THIS ALBUM IS A MASTERPIECE

Attached: 4C44305F-CDD4-44F6-A044-0B3CC1F9199F.gif (413x243, 51K)

What exactly is experimental about sounding like Sonic Youth in 1982? I'm not saying it's a bad album, but there are no original ideas anywhere within it. It's just more of the same noise rock that has existed for almost 40 years.

weak bait tbqh

Alexis Marshall is a poor man's David Yow and this album is straight up over-fucking-rated. People hailing this like it's the second coming or something clearly were snoozing on hell songs or canada songs when they came out. This is a fucking step way down into accessibility and mediocrity for them. It's not terrible, but it's not even close to hitting that same level of Skin Graft/Am Rep/Load shit that it's clearly aping so heavily off of.

Attached: 1552781487169.jpg (400x400, 92K)

speaking of industrial and noise, what would be the next direction I go with skinny puppy? what are either classic or newer bands/artists that expand on that sort of dark funky aggressive synth sound that comes from their early works?
youtu.be/RU6EuvsgrrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UmIiq_EHR1c
The best so far that I've found that has this sound is youth code
youtube.com/watch?v=4GChp1gxagU

Except it's not more abrasive than Death Grips and Radiohead is in literally no single way experimental.

There exists another album more abrasive than Death Grips and more experimental than Radiohead (although that's not really difficult because Radiohead isn't experimental at all). Daddy Scaruffi has so many red pills, as soon as I saw he gave this masterpiece the credit it deserved I knew he was the one. So I adopted all of his other opinions too because I'm a fucking shill.

Attached: R-2665699-1295664420.jpeg.jpg (600x592, 142K)

>this spoonfeed request.

user, I...

youtube.com/watch?v=m1cRGVaJF7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mui0sj-kxLY
youtube.com/watch?v=WFwuJUeT9rU
youtube.com/watch?v=RkfzXq0tA3c
youtube.com/watch?v=QcvbHeJdn-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a_sAH2QGotE
youtube.com/watch?v=3s3VpHLH00Y

You're looking more specifically for EBM if you're looking for 'dark funky aggressive synth sounds' Industrial is more people banging on junk metal and screaming through distortion pedals.

Fuck scaruffi. Literally the only thing he was barely correct on was TMR and he still didn't give it a 10.

Is there a more evil and sinister sounding album out there?

This.

>More experimental than radiohead
>More abrasive than death grips
>tfw when OP posts the two most post tourist level experimental acts with no confirmation they have heard more than Daughters last release for fantano drones

uh, yeah, plenty.

youtube.com/watch?v=9OJaVvnYzYA
youtube.com/watch?v=JRjuZcfUt7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=6pjmP-FmcRg
youtube.com/watch?v=mW-ZbEHeICw
personal fave: youtube.com/watch?v=i_uiXKSARdI

pretty much 80% of dark ambient records are more adept at sounding evil and sinister than this lukewarm wannabe jesus lizard nonsense.

>Nitzer Ebb
>Ministry
>Cabaret Voltaire
>Front 242
Nice! These have been faves of mine since high school!
Never heard of Liaisons or Section 25 before and I'm really digging the sound. Thank you very much for sharing these.
I had completely forgotten about EBM and was going off electro industrial when it came to trying to find that sort of music, I only recently began in depth listening to Skinny, after re listening to revolting cocks, it completely makes sense now that I think about. Thank you again user for sharing this music!

>how their favorite music sounds like
Speak English Or Die

EBM was experiencing a bit of a renaissance when all the techno people started picking up old wax trax records and copying it (myself included at one point.) Some people are doing it justice though:

youtube.com/watch?v=arcBTaE8yso
youtube.com/watch?v=suEDStzyDSg
youtube.com/watch?v=VAh72okE7BE

youtube.com/watch?v=joJX36YYwl8 - old but forgot to include it in the og list.

here's a list on discogs, EBM released on vinyl between 1980 and 1989 sorted alphabetically. Individual pages should have youtube links on the sidebar. Start digging.

discogs.com/search/?sort=title,asc&style_exact=EBM&format_exact=Vinyl&decade=1980

noise rock fucking sucks

Radiohead is a bit experimental sometimes, we're just so used to more far left field stuff.

Daughters isn't metal you söyböy

I fucking love EBM.

>experimental
dude let's copy GSL and Skin Graft and make it radio friendly

I like how this album went from good to teenybopper schlock as soon as Fantano gave it a 10

I do too but I overindulged in my digging and I hit a wall. I used to have a project that was all-hardware EBM, dubbed to tape. Everything was sequenced off an Roland MC-500 MK II, I'm slow to set my gear back up but I have a studio again so we'll see how it turns out. There's a lot of crossover into the berlin techno crowd which sucks.

>reading comprehension

don't worry it will become good again if Scaruffi likes it

Attached: 1554367456623.jpg (898x1468, 134K)

Caustic
Unsilent Death
Rainbow Mirror
Catch 33
Vexovoid
any Agents of Abhorrence album
any Nasum album

plus about 20 others i cbf mentioning