Synthpop recommendations

does no one like synthpop on this board?
post some recommendations!
no Ladytron or surface level shit please

Attached: momo.jpg (299x300, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dk5JZKADrzs
youtube.com/watch?v=O8xcnSWQqtw
youtu.be/P6I6yr7WDeg
youtu.be/CU9pEi3ByTw
youtube.com/watch?v=CwKLmQq7B0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ROY9eSU6Q64
youtube.com/watch?v=Ht7zFlO9LvA
youtu.be/u5nFpp67eTI
youtu.be/iY8LzWEG_Oo
youtu.be/sZ5lFdgSGQk
youtu.be/zJBC8L3pG_Y
youtu.be/bhPsg2lRr5Y
youtu.be/bh6LpM2Hw2I
youtu.be/tnp436Z6Ib8
youtu.be/rWetsFpX0k8
youtu.be/DwB-ydIV0yA
youtu.be/hi--puvfs64
youtu.be/ePDfkNNqKXM
youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0
youtu.be/iqJECgaRWAM
youtu.be/B8O1TKksy8M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like synthpop but I don't really know what to listen to either

Been listening to some New Musik lately. They are way better than I remembered.

youtube.com/watch?v=dk5JZKADrzs
youtube.com/watch?v=O8xcnSWQqtw

Sparks - Number 1 Song in Heaven
youtu.be/P6I6yr7WDeg

nice, that's some unique shit right there. never heard of them before.

Attached: R-799110-1394541065-3909.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 74K)

>no Ladytron or surface level shit please
Idiot! Ladytron is patrician synthpop.

youtu.be/CU9pEi3ByTw

Attached: Swing_Out_Sister_-_Kaleidoscope_World_CD_album_cover.jpg (250x249, 93K)

Is it Momus or Snwow?

genuine question? momus

Synthpop rarely gets discussed on Yea Forums. For me the name "synthpop" always carried a negative connotation, as if the music lacked depth and meaning. Maybe other people here feel the same and avoid the music because of that? Always wished this board would have a synthpop tradition too because there's a lot of underrated music like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=CwKLmQq7B0k
youtube.com/watch?v=ROY9eSU6Q64

Same

good deep cuts m8

Like with most genres, the most popular stuff is also the best, but Yea Forums hipsters live in a bizarro reality where popular = bad, so very rarely does it get discussed.

thats true. the purpose of this thread is to discover some lesser known synthpop acts that rival the greats like Depeche Mode, OMD, etc if possible.

>the most popular stuff is also the best
It's underrated here at least. I mean where are the Yello threads?!

Attached: Front.jpg (600x597, 197K)

I love you!

>the purpose of this thread is to discover some lesser known synthpop acts that rival the greats like Depeche Mode, OMD, etc if possible.
The why do you refuse to discuss artists like Ladytron, Goldfrapp, Royksopp, Propaganda, iamamiwhoami, The Knife and so on?

who said we refuse to discuss those acts outside of Ladytron? Ladytron has been discussed at length on this board and is a meme band at this point. I didn't want this thread to turn into Ladytron central. aka surface level shit.

>aka surface level shit.
You're an imbecile if you think that Ladytron is surface level shit. This band is 1. great 2. fairly underground. Not many people hard about them.
On a side note there is nothing wrong with the surface level of a genre (e.g. Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk, New Order, Pet Shop Boys, and so on). Usually that's the best stuff among a few underrated gems such as the artists mentioned by me (Ladytron, Goldfrapp, Royksopp, Propaganda, iamamiwhoami, The Knife).

*heard about them

The thing is - what IS synthpop? It's such a blanket term. I've seen it used to describe every type of music that heavily uses synthesizers from MGMT to Madonna, despite them making incredibly different types of music.
This has always bothered me, because I like a lot of music that would be described as synthpop, but there's no clear connection between any of them other that they're typically based on synthesizers and midi programming.

Attached: 15267896.jpg (704x531, 82K)

>incredibly different types of music.
They are not very different. It's not like MGMT sound like classical and Madonna sounds like dubstep. There are common elements which partly exist because of the usage of similar equipment (e.g. synths, DAWs, pedals, etc).

Ladytron is for fag hags and MtF trannies.

Truly stupid opinion coming from a braindead Yea Forumstant like you. Seek help.

broad range of sounds, but inherently synthpop

youtube.com/watch?v=Ht7zFlO9LvA

Attached: K6EKu6uO_400x400.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Well, of course they're not polar opposites, but they're vastly different in sound, mood, atmosphere etc. a-Ha sounds very different from Future Islands, but they're both classed as synthpop. The term may have had more relevancy in the 80s, but as more and more electronic-based genres have been born, it's pretty much a redundant category. If DAWs and synths is all it takes, then Skrillex is fucking synthpop!

WHERE DOES IT END

I'd consider both examples to be synthpop. It is a broad spectrum, so that gives you an idea of what to recommend.

>I want to fix this injustice.
Die screaming in a fire you waste of life.

Die.

Attached: YOU.jpg (339x148, 8K)

Synthpop is more like a category (e.g. rock) than a clearly defined genre (e.g. shoegaze). It's a broad genre and that's why there are some sub-genres like chillwave, minimal synth, futurepop, electroclash, and others.
>If DAWs and synths is all it takes, then Skrillex is fucking synthpop!
Except that Skrillex makes a different kidn of music. DAWs and synths are just SOME common elements.

You seem very, very mad. Take your chill pills.

Attached: (You).jpg (480x360, 32K)

Educate me daddy

Can you stop shitting up someone else’s thread?

Worst band I ever saw live.

Ladytron Isn't surface level

Their music is nothing but surface. Their ain’t shit underneath.

This. Why the OP insists being wrong is ridiculous. He just doesn't like the band and tries to disparage them.
Can you stop posting idiotic posts? Can you stop telling anons what they should do?

That's bullshit. You just don't like them. Ladytron have all the good traits of properly great synthpop.

You and your trolling are the reason synthpop threads are rare and avoided. Thanks for shitting it all up

Having arguments is not trolling. You're a hipster who can't stand people discussing the bands they like.
>Thanks
You're welcome, pleb.

What are opinions

Opinions are not facts. Why do you call Ladytron surface level shit when they are not? Just because you're mean?

>not getting it on purpose
Same old same old, even with the inaccurate ad hominem

You have completely shit up the thread when OP specifically asked for you not to

>this thread

Attached: suffering.png (254x274, 58K)

They are awesome!!! Thank you

Funny how you call me stupid when you're dumber than a drunk pig. You're triggered by my posts every single time, no exceptions. You're a puppet and I'm the mastermind. My
instruction is simple: stay mad, lunatic.

Stop

OP here. Ignore Ladytron poster. Responding only feeds his autism.
Post more obscure synth music!
youtu.be/u5nFpp67eTI

Attached: RotundForSuccess.jpg (220x220, 14K)

Listen to Faint - Blank Wave Arcade

Been listening to lots of Erasure lately. They're not very obscure but Vince Clarke certainly did have his game on lock for what, a good decade? Decade and a half?

Attached: 41GH4CGX9GL.jpg (301x300, 21K)

I keep trying to get into Erasure but having trouble. Their main singles are good. What are some of their best non-singles?

They were more or less a singles act so that's not really a problem, their albums tend to have some filler in the back half. I think Chorus is the one that feels the most consistent to me. Also for a real change of pace, try the self titled album from the mid 90s where they go all prog and stuff lol.

Also maybe try Yazoo instead if you really can't stand Andy Bell. I find it amusing to picture him singing while bobbing his head to the sides like an Indian dancer.

Is Xeno & Oaklander normie synthpop?

Damn. There is hope for this tread.

Well played on Severed Heads.
youtu.be/iY8LzWEG_Oo

Xeno & Oaklander are a bit darkwave and niche to be truly normie. They seem a bit like gear heads to me too. But they make good music.

Par Avion
youtu.be/sZ5lFdgSGQk

Attached: 407587B0-185F-46D6-AF48-62BA51BF50D5.jpg (1200x1200, 304K)

Best synthpop album of the last decade.

youtu.be/zJBC8L3pG_Y

Having a hard time getting into the new ionnalee stuff though...

Attached: B4259D3C-27B5-4B54-B38C-54CE42682D18.jpg (600x584, 45K)

D E V O

Attached: CF7BEF01-F0A5-4C1D-9CF3-5335122C03CF.jpg (276x183, 11K)

No.

youtu.be/bhPsg2lRr5Y
youtu.be/bh6LpM2Hw2I
youtu.be/tnp436Z6Ib8
youtu.be/rWetsFpX0k8
youtu.be/DwB-ydIV0yA

youtu.be/hi--puvfs64

youtu.be/ePDfkNNqKXM

Attached: C6A867B4-A2CF-491E-8506-9EF8B35A5560.png (225x225, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ypknY6nIDe0

Attached: a1863407124_10.jpg (1200x1200, 239K)

Get the hell out of here. The OP is a moron who talk shit about a great band. Posting arguments/discussing is not shitting up threads. You whining like a prick - that is an example of shitting up threads. I post about a synthpop band in a synthpop thread. WTF is your problem, pleb?

Moev

Most underrated Canadian band ever I think

Head Down
youtu.be/iqJECgaRWAM

Yeah Whatever
youtu.be/B8O1TKksy8M

Attached: 45259B4E-59CD-49FF-91C7-8C7CB90F3DCF.jpg (500x501, 92K)

You're calling me an autist for telling you that you're wrong. Fuck you.

And it’s dead
Thanks cunt