What was their last hit?

What was their last hit?

Attached: facebook-logo.jpg (1691x791, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-xOkHtHRg
youtube.com/watch?v=mPc2plEHrHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wonderwall

>implying Oasis had any remotely popular songs outside Wonderwall

ALL AROUND THE WOOOOORRRRLLLLLLD
YA GOTTA SPREAD THE WOOOOOORRRRD

let's all make believe
youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-xOkHtHRg

Shock of The Lightning was probably their last biggest song but I don't know that it was a hit outside of the UK
youtube.com/watch?v=mPc2plEHrHA

>implying america is the only country in the world

>Shock of The Lightning was probably their last biggest song but I don't know that it was a hit outside of the UK
I'm from Chicago and I definitely remember hearing this on the local rock station back in like elementary school.

Also, I'm pretty sure Oasis had a few other songs here besides Wonderwall? Because that same station used to play like Champagne Supernova a lot and Live Forever too

And this was like fucking ten years after the 90s ended

HOW MANY SPECIAL PEOPLE CHANGE

>indiana/michigan at the time
that's it m8

Was Falling Down a hit?

Midwest is a shithole isn't it

Despite what yurotards think Oasis were/are reasonably popular in the States. Maybe not as big as they were over there, but we’ll know non the less.

This proves Yea Forums knows absolutely nothing about this band.
In the UK, and US, and even other countries, they had numerous hits

>This proves Yea Forums knows absolutely nothing about this band.
>In the UK, and US, and even other countries, they had numerous hits
Yes but by and large, Yea Forums wasn't born until after these hits came out (especially if you're talking America)

So what? Everyone still talks about Pink Floyd and The Beatles. The age of the band is irrelevant.

Yes, but it's a matter of exposure. Oasis songs that were getting radio play in the 90s weren't getting very much later on.

Also Pink Floyd and the Beatles were orders of magnitudes way bigger than Oasis ever were for much longer in America. That's why their influence/cultural presence has persisted for so long.

/thread

It literally wasn't though? In like most countries?

more like numerous tits, you wanker

only one eyebrow though

Yes, in America. But go to Britain and ask any bloke and they'll tell you Oasis is one of, if not the best bands of the 90s. Wonderwall wasn't even their biggest hit in their home country.

>Wonderwall wasn't even their biggest hit in their home country.
No but it's probably tied for their most well known nowadays.

If that is the case, it's fucking Amerifags' fault. They watched MTV but couldn't even pick up a fucking album.
Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory are 10/10 albums but because of the Wonderwall meme Amerifags will never know this
In a readers poll from NME in 2006, Definitely Maybe was voted by readers as the best album of all time
People don't give then enough credit. Not nearly

I mean Morning Glory sold like 4 million copies here...

Probably cause people wanted to hear Wonderwall whenever they wanted and didn't bother with the rest of it.
Seriously man nothing against you but it pisses me off. I feel like there is such an irrational joke made out of Oasis. People don't know what they're missing.

Wonderwall wasn't the only hit off that album in America.

But you're right, most people would buy it for the hits/especially wonderwall.

It is a meme, but at the same time, the song is still bigger than a lot of stuff that came out in that era. That song will probably outlive us all.

The Importance of Being Idle

Wow you really sound like a faggot

Champagne Supernova was played a lot but it was never released as a single in the States, so it's hard to see how big it was.
Stop Crying Your Heart Out was pretty popular after the Butterfly Effect, I remember seeing it on people's myspace pages.
I live in the US, I don't remember hearing Shock of the lightning when it came out, but it was in a car commercial a few years later that aired all the time.

Most Americans know who they are because of their antics and Wonderwall though.

>Champagne Supernova was played a lot but it was never released as a single in the States, so it's hard to see how big it was.
Not really, just look at airplay charts/MTV's published video rankings. It was #1 on modern rock for weeks, peaked on pop radio in the positive as Wonderwall did, got to like #2 or #1 on MTV's weekly rundown and was #35 on their year end most played countdown. It still gets played on most Clearchannel alt stations to this day...

Wall of Glass

I've been to some low-tier pub when I was last visiting England. 90 % of songs in those two hours were Oasis and absolutely everybody knew all the lyrics.

>I live in the US, I don't remember hearing Shock of the lightning when it came out
It was a relatively moderate hit (#12 on alternative rock) that was probably bigger in more Oasis friendly towns like Boston, where Oasis played a sellout show to 20,000 people just three years prior, as well as Chicago, Philly, NYC, etc.

that was liam

According to wikipedia, their last single was Falling Down which peaked at number 6 in the US and 10 in the UK. Personally, the last one I remember being popular is The Importance of Being Idle, but that's purely anecdotal.

>number 6 in the US
no it didn't

Is that not what this means? I'm not American, so I don't follow your charting system.

Attached: this.png (335x27, 1K)

AND AFTERRALLL

they maxed out at 6th on the "Hot Singles Sales" chart, which tracks physical sales and is only one component of the overall Billboard Top 100 charts. it's not that impressive, all considered. it essentially means it was the 6th best selling album on the week of its release.

OWAYSIS! OWAYSIS!
PROPER BAND
SIMPLE AS
MAD FER IT

Attached: OWASIS.jpg (1024x561, 169K)

>album
single*, sorry.

>implying the UK is the only country in the world

Britpop was never a thing in the US. It was always strictly a British thing. Wonderwall and Song 2 were the only songs that made a slight impact in the US.

Everything else is historical revision.

Look at wikipedia dumbass.

In literally every country where wonderwall was a hit, oasis had at least one if not multiple followup hits

Yeah but it was 2009. Nobody bought physical singles since the early 00s unless you were a dj or something

Oh, so that's pure sales? As in, without streaming factored in? Okay. It's confusing that you have a separate chart for that.

there was no streaming back then really so...

spoken like a true dumbass

>spoken like a true dumbass
Uh huh? and you're from where exactly?

It was in Latin America for a while

>hurr where you from
Bro everyone knows Oasis literally had no hits beside wonderwall outside of england.

Otherwise this wouldn't even be an argument

Keep lying through your teeth. No one believe your retarded ass.

ok pea brain

Attached: Screenshot_20190417-035142_Chrome.jpg (1080x1285, 424K)

uh no bitch im from houston and born feb 2001 and ive never heard any of those songs before
even wonderwall i just know as the meme

based simple as poster

Supersonic

great album, but they had hits after. to be fair, i stopped caring after their first album, they never changed formula and never improved on their original work

HEEEEEYYYYY LYLA THE STARS ABOUT TO FALLLL
Are they the most based band in existence?