Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

Attached: 1481E7E0-EC9A-4FEF-A31D-8D7BBAC6D478.jpg (396x474, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XqFS5IyZUAU
youtube.com/watch?v=9BgroxxYHX0
youtube.com/watch?v=P701paKEMXs
youtube.com/watch?v=OR08ViDl0_8
youtube.com/watch?v=bJOfrr_xs2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

u better play KIDS bro

imagine being the Eagles and play a full hour to a dead audience, then play hotel california and everyone goes nuts, then they die again.

I was just thinking how badly it hurts them when they play the opening synth chords to Electric Feel and see the crowd go absolutely insane for a song they wrote in college.

Attached: 23-32.png (809x869, 1.43M)

I would actually fucking blow my brains out if I went to an MGMT concert and they didn't play neither Weekend Wars nor Siberian Breaks.

I am completely earnest.

i would pay for an mgmt ticket solely to hear siberian breaks live

Fuck normies, ESPECIALLY music concert/festival normies.

That being said Kids is fantastic and one of their best songs so they should play it, even if the majority of people think it's just a pop banger and don't realize it's actually pretty melancholic song.

>people think it's just a pop banger
they do? i think its a pretty dark song, i mean look at the fucking vid.

10/10

Attached: LDA.jpg (600x600, 113K)

Best psych album of the century so far coming through

Attached: 293b9f11b3fa5b9368df724f66098aa6.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 179K)

ME AND MICHAEEEEEEEEL

It’s so beautiful live bros, go see them if you have the chance
youtu.be/XqFS5IyZUAU

Shut up and play the hits weirdos

They don’t play it live anymore

I saw them play it last year in LA liar

Imagine the eagles whining about having to play hotel california

Play the hits
>buhhh waah muh artistic expressi-
Shut up, play the tunes

memE & mIchaEl

Imagine listening to the eagles

Attached: 750AE897-5349-4CD4-B428-6B53A7CDE705.jpg (300x300, 28K)

The Eagles' following is big enough and dedicated enough that their live audiences know ALL of the songs. When I saw them live, I experienced this first hand. Also their music is bland and middle-of-the-road enough that they can have such a following. MGMT is too experimental for normies.

youtube.com/watch?v=9BgroxxYHX0

Was this revenge for Congratulations flopping?

Seems pretty fucking based to not play their biggest hit.
Fuck normies.

In an interview they said they intentionally ruined their music career by making less and less accessible music (until LDA).
Pretty based

Pretty sure they never said that, they've always defended their music by saying its what they want to make

>waaah in so edgy i hate fame bros i hate being rich man
>i've grown out of those old songs, now my songs are super epic
cringe
Play the hits or stop whining that people don't care about your "le patrician" later material.
The normies are the reason these clowns aren't flipping burgers

>get to make music for a living
>get rich
>get hot girlfriends
>adored by hundreds of thousands or even millions of people
>get mad at the thing that makes you popular

tough shit. It's even more boring to always go to your shitty office job that the rest of us do. If it's boring to play, then play it in a more interesting way. Hendrix never played a song the same way twice, neither did the Dead. Figure it out you pansies

Attached: Conor mad.png (775x651, 568K)

lmao

look up any performance of their hits in 2018. You can tell they're kinda phoning it in at this point.

Why don't they just start improvising and completely changing the arrangement? Here is Hendrix messing up and at :45 plays the same song again, except it is completely different: youtube.com/watch?v=P701paKEMXs MGMT is lazy

youtube.com/watch?v=OR08ViDl0_8

They kinda do a part during Kids where they break it down a bit but that's it.

They say they formed the band around "destroying it as it was happening" but they also say Congratulations wasn't supposed to sabotage their career so idk.

>heavily edited to make them imply that
>they never say that
I swear the media’s always been out to twist their words

They just don't play the songs. You're overthinking this.
People do care about their later material. In fact, people will be caring about their later material for decades, while the one summer during which Kids was popular will be fondly remembered, but ultimately it was just another tune for the kids to dance to, and it wasn't what they had planned on making when they got their record deal.

based

>They just don't play the songs. You're overthinking this.

I'm saying they should play their songs that people like. They are entertainers, that is their point in life. If they don't like it, they can join the rest of us in our shitty jobs

>If they don't like it, they can join the rest of us in our shitty jobs
or they can just keep doing what they've been doing lmao

What are you, some kind of art nazi? Nobody has to do anything the way you want them to do it, especially not artists, and thank fuck you don't get to tell people what to do, because you'd clearly be the fucking worst at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJOfrr_xs2Q

They're kinda sorta just doing it...

>this is your average poptimism normie
Thank you for dumbing down music

>that stock footage of normies getting excited at a bar
Based

>muh artistic integrity
>boohoo, i made a lot of money with a popular song that I am now bored with, but I'm also sad that nobody is coming to see me anymore

I bet you also get sad when artists commit suicide for being sad - despite having access to the best psych help and rehab centers in the world.

Nobody has to do what I say, no. But I'm just going to laugh at people who decide to stop doing what made them popular, and then complain that nobody cares about them anymore.

>and then complain that nobody cares about them anymore
For sure they'll be on their death beds wishing they had played Kids a few more times