Guitar Picks

What do you guys use and why? Discuss size shape and material.

Attached: 23414114033.MAIN.jpg (1400x1400, 155K)

I like using .88s because they dont develop callouses on my fingers so i can fingerblast pussy better

Attached: dunlop-tortex-standard-guitar-picks-0-88mm-xl.jpg (600x458, 34K)

Pic related is my go to because my fingers sweat like mad.

the patrician choice

Attached: .jpg (480x361, 31K)

i use a huge metal (as in the material) pick, to get those sweet shellac tones ;)

Forgot image

Attached: 61hxk-yBnDL._SX425_.jpg (425x487, 17K)

>doing anything because of a hypotetical woman
holy fuck user there are exconvicts with sandpaper hands pulling like crazy, your manicured hands aint getting you shit, you pussy ass omega orbiter.

this exact pick

i love this pick too. great balance for both rhythm and lead

I've been using these a lot lately. A good shredding pick.

Attached: 24549088003.MAIN.jpg (1400x1400, 116K)

For guitar jazz 3 style picks, but more specifically the John Petrucci signature jazz 3s and caparison's trapezoidal jazz 3 clones are goat.

for bass i've recently found pic related are perfect. my guitar picking technique is really delicate but on bass that translates to having move a lot more than i'm used to when I need to use a pick, which also means they keep slipping out of my fingers when i'm playing live.

these big chungus picks however not only have a ton of space to grip to (meaning my grip is more relaxed and delicate, like guitar) it's also effectively 3 sided so no matter what way you grab it/shuffle it between your fingers when switching styles, it'll have a playable edge.

Attached: DUN-431B114-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 393K)

I use this but in 1mm

If you use anything but standard dunlop you are an autist

EXTRA THICC

I use a Big Jim's Mandolin Shop promotional guitar pick my friend gave me last year.

i dunno i just bought the cheapest ones i could find, quick rundown on why they matter and some kind of basics on differences pls?

rate my pick pic

sorry forgot the pick pic

Attached: picks.jpg (400x300, 57K)

I pretty much only play finger style nowadays, even on my electric. I guess being too lazy to look for a pick eventually paid off lol

well, everyone's hands are different so it's very much a matter of personal feel and preference. my two cents is thicker picks are better for lead and thinner picks are better for rhythm. I like having pick flexibility when I strum chords. There is less jarring between strings. I feel like the pick moves more fluidly across all of them at once. This jarring effect is good for lead though. It creates a nice attack on the string that makes every note more percussive. With less flexibility, you also have more control on the tip of the pick, which is helpful at high speeds.

Material is another thing. Different materials will create a different tone from the guitar strings, and they also contribute to the flex and durability of the pick. It's up to you to experiement with materials and thicknesses until you find something that fits your style of play and feels comfortable to you.

The shape of the pick is mostly about comfort in your hand, with the exception of oddball picks like thumbpicks. The shape of the pick's tip will effect tone, attack, and speed.

1.14 mm Tortex Jazz III

>Just the right amount of stiffness, going over that thickness just gets needlessly bulky
>Tortex for the way the edges come flat and wears down slowly into nice even slants
>Jazz III for the point, of course. Used to use XL, but after switching to regular small size it kind of forces you to choke up on it where your fingers should be anyway for most accuracy

It's the perfect pick