Thoughts?

Honestly I don’t know what to think. On one side I love her music, but on the other hand it feels like she’s just pretending to be deep all the time and it really shows.

Attached: 5FF9CCD4-52BD-4ACD-9864-DA65E5AA6053.jpg (564x563, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GbjwfQG_N_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8
youtube.com/watch?v=Pv6Rt2x6kPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't understand why people claim she's "deep" or "politically/socially conscious" or whatever. I don't think she's done a single song about social issues or anything deeply profound. She's Hot Topic Lorde.

heavy subconscious bait bro
I thought "xanny" was pretty socially conscious

Not really. I found the lyrics to be condescending. Maybe it's just the way she sings it.

I SAY INDUSTRY, YOU SAY _______

you're just a sensitive prick , i think

Not at all. The song's lyrics are poorly written. I love the blasted bass though. And it's one of the better songs on her album.

why would a 17 year old white girl care about politics?

Her music is meh, but that ass ain’t

Attached: 13E4761F-DC89-43FA-AA53-9DC51D2C7BA2.jpg (500x671, 52K)

When I was a 17-year old white girl (I'm a 29-year old white woman now) I read Noam Chomsky books, volunteered for feminist groups, and browsed politics forums quite frequently. It's not far-off at all to assume teens can make art about political/social issues.

>i don't agree

Explain.

youtube.com/watch?v=GbjwfQG_N_Y

not the worst but not the best.

[spoiler]I'm in the second-hand smoke[spoiler]
[spoiler]Still just drinking canned coke[spoiler]

Corny/10

I've heard slam poetry by college freshmen which sound better than that.

>slam poetry ftw

It's not *bad*, her delivery is just immature and cavalier.

FRY'S DOG

that's not what you're arguing by saying the lyrics are bad.. Hmm..

Attached: currysauce.jpg (968x999, 182K)

*heavy breathing* prety girl . . . . b gf???? *farts a little*

They're not bad per se, they're just corny at times, and it's not helped by her delivery which, as I've previously stated, comes off as cavalier, like she treats the subject poorly but still tries to come off as self-important.

inHERstry!

Attached: cccc5011002608717_3.jpg (600x600, 164K)

literally nursery rhyme-core.

Really helps clear out the throat.

Attached: phall11111.jpg (800x800, 325K)

how tf do you get all that from this song dude?

yummy yummy

Attached: ThaiCoconutCurryChickenIMG_0198edit.jpg (720x1080, 189K)

I have a humanities degree dude. I spent four years of my life analyzing literature and shit.

I wanna sit on her face

A Bahamian specialty!

Attached: curry-conch-recipe-5.jpg (586x391, 43K)

everybody's a critic

How the fuck can there be so many constant discussions about whether or not she's deep, but there's never a single fucking person who can say what any of this "deep" shit is. What the fuck is she saying that would even cause this to be a topic of discussion? I've heard her talk, she's got nothing going on as a human being. She's a performative asshole with nothing to show for it. Wow, you can tell me about the things you like, so what you self-centered cunt?

I want to suck her fat cock.

My opinion: she's pretty lame

That's a funny way of saying Denzel is fucking her.

It's not even her lyrics, but her brother's. She's even admitted she's incapable of writing a song on her own.

But when someone gets called "Deep" or shit you at least see some quotes dropped or some interviews mentioned or fucking something. There's not a goddam thing for this person. What are people latching on to that she has EVER said that could possibly having any meaning beyond the most immediate and literal?

I can get talks about her music talent, whether or not she's a plant and whether or not that's a bad thing, but what could she even pretend is deep about herself?

>but there's never a single fucking person who can say what any of this "deep" shit is.
Because there isn't anything. Her songs are uninteresting, focusing on boring subject matter (hint: most of them are about her relationships with boys).

If you watch her interviews it's obvious she's pretty stupid, even for a 17-year old (which isn't THAT young at all). Maybe it's because she grew up sheltered and the only life she knows is Hollywood. Either way, she clearly thinks too highly of herself.

I don't understand why people keep calling her "deep" either. Nothing she says in her/her brother's songs is all that profound. She doesn't explore any kind of serious subjects.

>If you watch her interviews it's obvious she's pretty stupid,

She is so fucking stupid in that Hot Ones interview. There's nothing of value that can come from her mind or her mouth.

I'm surprised that interview didn't kill her reputation. I couldn't watch the whole thing.

>music should be socially conscious

is this pasta bc it tastes like pasta

agree

I'm surprised too. There were so many moments that blatantly expose her, but it seems to have only helped her.

Whatever, I'm glad Sean Evans is getting paid, I guess.

Not at all. How dose it sound like a pasta?

i love you

>blatantly expose her
What?

Dude, she pretended to not know about a film shoot that focused entirely around her buying soda. "What? Dude! Why are you playing this film of that soda shop!? That's so random!" *the rest of the footage is all her at the same soda shop*

Or when she exposed herself as a fake vegan, that was hilarious. It was the same fucking segment too, the soda shop shit. That was such a massive misstep.

Well Billie is often hailed as someone who makes "socially conscious" music so she should probably live up to her reputation and deliver.

What's so socially conscious? "Don't do drugs"? That's been the prevailing mainstream notion for a century now, how fucking "conscious" is that? "Oh but she's saying it to black people so that's different!" Get the fuck outta here, uppity bitch.

I can't wait for the period of her career where she starts taking tons of drugs.

>implying she's not already on drugs

>implying we are not all on drugs

Rivers, you knew it all alone

now i'm hungry at 2am in the morning.

fuck you.

Go to bed, wake up, and then eat greek yogurt, and then three hours later, eat some spicy shit.

>Or when she exposed herself as a fake vegan, that was hilarious.
LOL!

She added the bass so listeners wouldn't fall asleep.

Her privilege def got her where she is but her whole career has this weird "my parents sold my life to a record label because they thought I'd be marketable & profitable" vibe that makes me almost concerned and sad for her. Think about Britney Spears, Kesha, Janet Jackson, even Poppy, all pop stars whose careers have been manipulated and squandered to the advantage of powerful record executives and were often pushed into that world from a young age by their parents. I'm not a fan of her music but there's no reason for me to hate her as a person.

>there's no reason for me to hate her as a person

not even her obnoxious idiosyncrasy of saying "y'all" for no reason?

She's being massively exploited. How do you get signed to a major label with limited musical experience unless they're going to turn you into a literal clown?

Wish you were straight

The sickest thing is that they always tell themselves in the moment that it's what they want, and that they enjoy it, and that it'll lead to a better life for them, and whatever else. It's pretty gross.

But then again, she's rich, so I hope she gets a soldering iron to the clitoris.

This isn't an accident vro.

Attached: screen94.png (697x703, 54K)

> 62 replies
> 17 posters
OH NO NO NO

Stop. Posting. This. Retarded. Bitch. And. She. Will. Go. Away.

We're quite obviously having a conversation.

People? Talking? To -each other-? OH NO NO NO

Amazing, right?

Do you not understand what a low frequency is for?

Explain then.

Control the harmony in various ways and the groove of the song

How does she do this in a way that is worth exemplifying?

Listen to the actual song.
What do YOU think?

Nigga because it's music??

Attached: 1554906734572.jpg (1024x862, 55K)

>Listen to the actual song.

Oh wow, I tried, but that tremolo is fucking abhorrent. I can't even digest what's occurring because the overall mix is tremolo'd for the benefit of nobody.

Who is supposed to enjoy hearing this garbage?? Are you sitting here and enjoying yourself? Because me and my Sennheisers are fucking suffering.

Answering with "because" is inherently grammatically incorrect. I'm asking how. In what specific manner is she doing any of those things? "Because it's music"? How is that an answer? All music is controlling the harmony in various ways? Not all music even has harmony you ignoramus. Fucking embarrassing.

Billie fans are primarily XXXTentacion fans, so...

MatPat’s wife Stephanie is a superior artist.

Attached: 221D4E3C-6798-4A4C-AD94-2A321D6E5C70.jpg (642x363, 45K)

I've never heard his music, and I'm glad he's dead so that I don't have to.

youtube.com/watch?v=vo5JXupZTK8

Here she is clout chasing.

Garbage
Kill yourself

I'm not listening to someone who's biggest musical influence is Avril Lavigne

The bass is pretty much the only melodic instrument until the piano comes in, and the vocals are harmonizing very nicely with the bass during the chorus, you can't deny that harmony isn't a huge part of the feel of the song. During the piano sections the bass is keeping a groove so there can be more melody than in previous sections. Just listen to the song.

literal shill

What's going on with you?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

>the vocals are harmonizing very nicely

wow, so deep, you musically illiterate bitch

Correct me

There's nothing to correct, you're answering math equations with "the 2 + 2 = very nicely"

If her vocals aren't harmonizing with the bass then what's going on in that section?

Why can't she fucking sing? She does this ASMR-type thing because she's trying to stay on-key. I'd like to hear her sing normally for once.

>"the 2 + 2 = very nicely"

Attached: 1300044776986[1].jpg (600x600, 35K)

I contend that it is harmonizing, but merely nicely, and not -very- nicely. Check. Your move, Bobby Fischer.

What?

Check and mate. OH NO NO NO, you thought you were the master, but you were merely the padawan.

Nigga don't make me use this

Attached: 56649380_10215121445533132_3468445005033504768_n.jpg (455x680, 31K)

eat a dicker, Mr. Nobody

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 8K)

Her vocals fit the production fag.

Attached: bad-syndrome-instead-of-brain-there-is-a-dark-orb-32015561.png (500x489, 31K)

>Her vocals fit the production
Yeah and a micropenis can fit an extra-small condom.

What's wrong with her vocals?

She can't project, she strains, she's off-key, she can't hit the right harmony parts, she whispers, she's throaty, and she says "y'all"

just by saying "y'all" she deserves a black power fist in the cunt

>she's off-key,
Where?

>she can't hit the right harmony parts
Explain.

>Where?

The chorus in her Live at the Lounge performance

>Explain.

The chorus in her Live at the Lounge performance

Essentially, everything horrible about her can be heard in that one performance. Now, you're going to not be able to respond to her deficiencies, so you will either spin this into "that's only that ONE performance!" or deflect about how there's good reasons she sucked there, and then post some studio recording.

I don't care and I won't respond. Feel free to respond anyways but I'm Alt+F4.

Been quietly lurking till this point...but nigga you crazy. Her singing is outstanding, especially considering the difficulty of that breathy style.

Attached: C99963DF-9E7B-4488-A7E5-335BDD3DC9E8.jpg (1500x1941, 192K)

If she was a talented vocalist she'd have more variety in her vocals performances. "All she does is whisper" isn't good as far as versatility is concerned.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pv6Rt2x6kPg

Sounds perfect to me.

>the federalist

It’s deep if you’re 14.

I am seriously sad for anyone who doesn't see through the mirage
she was obviously put in the position she is now, i would even go so far to not even call her an artist.
she is used as a influence and its working like crazy.
pure manipulation and this isn't an opinion or something to discuss - read how she got to where she is now. this shit was planned and its working