Unironically better than TMS

Unironically better than TMS

Attached: plates.jpg (990x990, 42K)

"No!"

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

definitely has grown on me, but nah. Steroids (10/10)>TMS (10/10)>GP>YOTS>NOTM>EXMIL>BP>NLDW>JENNY

Everything they've ever released is better than The Money Store (aside from Fashion Week).

That said Government Plates is a 9/10 easily.

Imagine being this much of a faggot contrarian

Out comes the fantano drone, like clockwork.

Unironically their best/last good release

The Horn Section/Ha Ha Ha
everything else

>used to only have a CD player in my car
>burned dg albums onto blank cds, 2 a piece
>Exm-TMS, NLDW-GP, notm-TPTB
>forever think of these 6 albums as double albums and enjoy them exponentially more ever since

Attached: 2B855FDA-AF4D-419D-8B77-84D70AA58BBD.jpg (720x960, 88K)

based

Bottomless Pit > Year Of The Snitch > No Love Deep Web > Exmilitary > The Powers That B > The Money Store > Government Plates

Why do you think this? BO and YOTS particularly

Over the years I've listened to money store a lot less. It has cool lyrical themess but I feel their work after is more personal (excluding get got) and therefore more impactful on that level

How do people pick a favorite DG album?
By what arbitrary standards are you all judging this absolutely judgement-defying group of musicians?
How do you pick a favorite album from a band that consistently spews a combination of high-dexterity trashiness and extremely detailed sound-design on every release?

Birds is one of the greatest songs they've ever made, on some days I feel like it is their very best. Top 5 for sure.

GP is amazing.

Attached: birds-front-3264.jpg (3264x3264, 884K)

This. Also, big house and whatever I want are fucking underrated

*tips fedora*

Seriously how fucking good are the drums on Birds? They give me goosebumps every time.

Such an unique beat. And that hook is so ominous "I GOT TOMORROW COMING!"

True. Only the Fantano drones prefer TMS

Many tracks in the second half (except for the closer) are too flat and repetitive, I really wish they had a better structure because the sounds on GP are the best of their discography
Still a great album but seriously if TMS is not in your top 3 either you're a contrarian or you have shit taste

This post is proof that you're just a drone that hasn't paid proper attention to the record.

The closer is the most repetitive track on the album, why is it that you criticize the 2nd half but not the closer? Is it because Ride is more prominent on it? Tracks like I'm Overflow, Big House and Government Plates don't outstay their welcome, they have some fantastic instrumentals, especially Im Overflow. Whatever I Want is a fucking 6 minute song that should have been 2 minutes long.

I don't like any tracks other than get got and the fever from it
On the other hand, I love every single track on NOTM

Government Plates is their best album
The Money Store is their worst, just behind Jenny Death

>fantano gave TMS a 10 therefore anybody who likes it is a fantandrone
autism

There are many great ideas in the second half that I don't think are explored enough, something they did in Whatever I Want imo
Again I enjoy the album, but it leaves me always feeling like it was rushed and I'm only earing a demo of some tracks

yeah, imagine if NOTM and TPTB were released as a double album, wouldnt that be neat

>asserts that the person hes replying to didnt listen to the song
>proceeds to ask questions because he doesnt understand their opinion
dumbass

>anyone who doesn't universally agree that TMS is their best is a faggot contrarian
>le autism
Drones gonna drone.

>I'm Overflow
That's my favorite off of GP for sure. I love that instrumental.

>implying anybody said TMS was their best album
You said it was their weakest release aside from fashion week you fucking dumbass

You can't criticize the 2nd half of the record for being "flat and repetitive" but then praise the most repetitive track on the album.

Whatever I Want is repetitive and flat, structurally it has less going for it than Big House does, yet it is almost 7 minutes long. I'm not saying this objectively makes it a bad track, but if you're going to shit on the others for being repetitive, then surely you'd hate Whatever I want too.

maybe the most repetitive track actually had interesting repetition, unlike the more bland tracks that come before it?

Fine, change it to
>anyone who doesn't universally agree that TMS is one of their best is a faggot contrarian
I can't say "doesn't agree that it's not great" because even Fashion Week is pretty great.

Birds is top 3 DG, GP and Bootleg are bot 3

Or maybe you're just a retarded contrarian
The band only has 7 LP's, its not hard to call it "one of their best" when the list inst that long

Based

>The band only has 7 LP's, its not hard to call it "one of their best" when the list inst that long
If it ranks at the bottom of their major LPs for me then it's by definition not one of their best. It's still a solid 7/10 for me.

Well this is what I get for arguing with a drone I suppose.
>autism
>only 7 LPs they're ALL the best!
>faggot contrarian
Man Melon really did a number on you

TMS is not one of my favourite DG albums. You're a retard for calling anybody who favorites TMS a drone. I don't watch theneedledrop.

So now you’re making it subjective then?

no fucking shit dude

>You're a retard for calling anybody who favorites TMS a drone
Okay, but that's not what I'm saying.
Anyone who calls someone a faggot contrarian for not liking TMS as much as their other albums is a drone.
>TMS is not one of my favourite DG albums.
Then according to that guy you're a faggot contrarian.

Didn't sound like it at first.

I'd recommend revisiting those tracks, I think you could warm up a lot to that 2nd half if you like the closer.

I'm not saying it's a perfect track, I agree they could have skimmed the last 2 minutes without losing that much, but it's anything but flat, I can't say the same for tracks like Government Plates or Bootleg

Please stop user you're embarrassing yourself

>Then according to that guy you're a faggot contrarian.
No, he would consider me a contrarian if I believed that TMS was one of their weakest albums, and he would be correct. Nobody said anything about having to rank TMS as their best.

>getting embarrassed on an anonymous image board
actual autism

>The band only has 7 LP's, its not hard to call it "one of their best" when the list inst that long
>TMS is not one of my favourite DG albums.
You do see the irony here, right? If the space is so narrow that TMS doesn't count as one of your favorites, then it must count as one of their weakest to you.

Voila niggas show yourself. This is a top 10 tier track and the best track on notm.

left right step right up (oh)

Attached: pitchfork fixed.jpg (480x480, 33K)

GP is their best

Bottomless Pit was everything TMS should have been. YOTS is their strongest work cohesively.

there have been times where I've listened to notm and it has actually felt like a drug trip.

the textures on Big Dipper one time fucked me up in such a good way, I had that track on repeat for like an hour straight and that electronic wailing that kind of imitates a guitar that plays over and coalesces with the bjork samples, seriously melted my brain.

I love Interview 2016, I think Interview B is one of their best tracks.
NOTM>GP>YOTS>Steroids>Interview>>>rest

>no love for NLDW
>NOTM on the top
the sign of a pleb

yeah true

Whatever I want is the craziest most psychedelic DG song, super underrated

fashion week is one of their best you plebs

Or I can just think it's mid tier. The 7 LP's don't include Fashion Week or Steroids or anything else they've put out. The user literally said
>everything they've released is better than the money store (aside from Fashion Week)
which is blatantly contrarian.

JENNY>GP>NLDW>EXMIL>TMS>YOTS>NOTM>BP

>Whatever I Want is a fucking 6 minute song that should have been 2 minutes long.
Unbelievably shit taste detected, Whatever I Want is one of their greatest songs.

Jenny Death is their most disappointing work.
Discuss.

Only because it's the only one that had an entire year of hype behind it.

It was disappointing until I listened to it more. At first I thought the mixing was shit but I learned to appreciate it.
Same with YOTS, although I still think
>HALF LIT
sounds fucking ridiculous

>which is blatantly contrarian.
Why? TMS isn't better than Steroids, Interview, or any of their major LPs.

It's half lidded, grandpa

That's your opinion and you can believe it if you would like to. Calling people drones because they don't share your opinion is autistic.

Calling people contrarian faggots because they don't share your opinion is autistic.

Oh and if you're actually gonna go there GP, DGC, More Than A Fairy, and Interview are in no way better than TMS. Where it ranks beyond those releases is up for subjectivity.

My opinion is not that TMS is one of their best albums, its that accusing people of being drones just for the sake of avoiding an opinion that might sound similar to a youtube critique's is fucking retarded

based

>accusing people of being drones just for the sake of avoiding an opinion that might sound similar to a youtube critique's is fucking retarded
Please refer to my actual argument you silly strawman loving drone

What argument?
>Anyone who calls someone a faggot contrarian for not liking TMS as much as their other albums is a drone.
I never did that, I called you a contrarian faggot for calling people who like TMS drones because you're too insecure to tolerate opinions that might be similar to an online critique.

This tbqh

>I never did that
Yes, I'm well aware that you're defending the other user because you're this insecure about people being called drones (likely because you are an actual drone?), even though you don't seem to understand at all why I levied that in the first place.
> I called you a contrarian faggot for calling people who like TMS drones because you're too insecure to tolerate opinions that might be similar to an online critique.
I never did that.
Since you seem to be actually fucking retarded, it might help if you reread the actual order the posts were in. Here, I'll help you
First(hint, that one was mine)
Second(hint, this one wasn't mine and wasn't yours either)
Third(hint, this one was also mine)
And now, to underpin why I called him a drone:
>Anyone who calls someone a faggot contrarian for not liking TMS as much as their other albums is a drone.
Now you can stop pretending to be retarded, you have no excuse.

ahem...
...Death Grips sucks and you do too for listening to it.
That is all.

both great in their own right :)

shut

I'm not insecure about people being called drones, I simply bear contempt towards people like you.
In any case, ranking TMS beneath every one of their releases besides Fashion Week is contrarian. I won't go as far to call you a faggot for it, but you're definitely mad enough for me to call you autistic so I'll give you that.

Wow dude! You really stand out on Yea Forums! Have a badge! See ya later!

>I'm not insecure about people being called drones, I simply bear contempt towards people like you.
>AUTISM
So much irony

Read the lyrics while listening or read the lyrics by themselves as if it were poetry.

>anybody who uses mean words to namecall me has to be insecure
cope more faggot

even the best tranny grips album is still faggy as fuck and you should kill yourself

I legitimately think that "Turned Off" rivals Hacker in terms of memorable lyrics. Every single line on that track is iconic and memorable.

I was actually homing in on the autism part, but I guess you're too insecure to catch that.
>lol it's just words bro
>DON'T CALL PEOPLE DRONES REEE

Attached: laughinggrips.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Autism can be substituted for any other insult. You actually meant something specific when you called user a drone. Don't pretend there's no difference unless you're too autistic to understand.

And yet you might legitimately be autistic if you feel actual burning contempt for someone calling someone who isn't you a drone after they were insulted first.

I don't feel "burning contempt", you're inserting that yourself. I've just had this thread open in another tab all night while working on a paper. You entertain me.

>I simply bare contempt towards people like you
>you’re inserting that yourself
Hmmmnope

>being this autistic
you added the word "burning", excuse me for putting quotes on the word "contempt"

What kind of “”””””contempt”””””” do you feel then user?

Enough to amuse myself replying to you while I write this paper

NOTM>S>GP>JD>TMS>BP>YOTS>EM>NLDW>DG

What’s your paper about Fantano?

Stage & Screen

fuckk off

if The Fear isn't your favorite on this, you are literally subhuman.

Attached: yots-front-3600.jpg (3600x3600, 2.21M)

I like the one where he says "eat it like the devil's cunt" over & over agian. The fear is pretty good aswell.

The Fear lacks punch, sorry

Dilemma is the best song they’ve ever written (On GP maybe ties with it).

The money store is easily their most consistent. sure, the best DG songs lie on other albums (if you forget Hustle Bones, Punk Weight, Hacker, and others) but every other DG album has at least one bad song. Can't say that for TMS. And if you say "what about fuck that," go listen to it again.

What? The track oozes punch
Did you listen to that chorus?
>DON'T JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP

I always thought he was saying
>Nooooooooooooooooooo
>Doooooooooooooooooooont
& the jump part was the chanting in the background.

It's very clearly "don't jump"
Are your ears broken user? This is twice now you've gotten lyrics wrong

NOTM twice would still be better than NOTM - JENNY

Jenny Death is the stronger side, change my mind

chad

little richard is the kino there along DGIO aaaaand lyndas in custody

horn section are the best recorded drums in this whole decade

Fuck you.

good taste op
steroids > government plates > year of the snitch > no love deep web > bottomless pit > jenny death > the money store > death grips EP > niggas on the moon > exmilitary

no sir

Attached: asd.png (642x191, 13K)

You're the first person to have a ranking I've seen that feels at all similar to mine. Good taste all around.

YOTS > NLDW > GP > Steroids > BP > JD > NOTM > Exmilitary > EP > TMS

TMS > Exmil > Bottomless Pit > Steroids > EP > YotS > NLDW > Jenny > NOTM > GP

Remember during the YOTS rollout where everyone was calling it a basic bitch pop album when Streaky came out, then praised the SOPHIE album for being way more experimental. Remember during the YOTS rollout when you'd get shitted on for liking Bottomless Pit.

>Remember during the YOTS rollout where everyone was calling it a basic bitch pop album when Streaky came out
Yes, and Streaky is still one of the weakest songs on YOTS. I remember the continued disappointment with Black Paint and Flies, and I really loved both tracks and still do.
>Remember during the YOTS rollout when you'd get shitted on for liking Bottomless Pit.
I recall people praising Bottomless Pit way more than usual actually, mostly because BP is kind of a grower album.

New album when?

exmilitary was kinda cool. the rest is pretty terrible

outgrew them after jenny death

also GP has only one good song and its the first one

Lmao i posted this last night and woke up to find a huge fucking argument.

TMS is not their best record, but I just can't bring myself to believe that it's their WORST record.