youtube.com/watch?v=0fAQhSRLQnM
youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

all of it

If someone says Bon Jovi I'm going to fucking explode a building

I like the k-ons ending better

Bon Jovi

Zeppelin honestly. They're great.
Especially the live sets from their early days.

Queens of the stone age

15/04 never forget. I'm doing it

Attached: download.jpg (225x224, 10K)

all you - just go

uh and you I guess can go eat ass

Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy

black sabbath's first 5 albums

Pink Floyd (and not just dark side of the moon)

maiden, motorhead, venom
also

Most dad rock that's revered by Scaruffi and RYM.

The White Stripes

Grateful Dead
Steely Dan
Roxy Music
Pink Floyd
Yes
The Doors
Black Sabbath
Jimi Hendrix
Allman Brothers

wtf
stop

Heaven and Hell was great also. Dio was fucking awesome.

but only animals thru final cut

>Listening to dadrock

It's 2019, you're supposed to listen to Arianna Grande and Billie Eyelash, listening to old music is uncool.

Attached: 8127ICDt45L._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 23K)

>eurobab
nothing of value was lost

the beatles

ELO

Nirvana

Humble Pie
Big Star

Elvis

based

Blue Oyster Cult is the best band to have ever existed

Quadrophenia is a masterpiece

>Dad rock
>Quadrephenia
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. WHO'S NEXT IS TEN TIMES MORE FUCKING DAD ROCK. QUADREPHENIA IA LITERALLY ABOUT BEING AN ANGSTY TEEN.

I feel like everyone on this shitty ass board just mentions their favorite bands in hope that other people will discus them, but no one ever does(unless it's trash tier shit like Weezer)

Show could you tell me about Quadrophenia ,, and in return I can tell you a bit about BOC?

Boston

only post-tumblr non ironic deep-posters like bullfrog eyesore

Blue oyster cult are decent

Have you listened to Tyranny and Mutation? If you like hard rock than that is one of if not the best hard rock albums ever made.

Sure user, Quadrophenia is styled as a rock opera and has 4 themes, the 4 personalities that the protagonist has (as he is meant to be doubly schizophrenic) the 4 themes show up throughout the album and at the end they all come together before the final track in a grand finale.

It's pretty breathtaking to get to the end of the album for this reason, with all personalities coming together and then the final track playing straight afterwards.

youtu.be/AGxFvswt2hM
youtu.be/ZhSdNy1snaU

nothing really compares to listening to the whole album and finally reaching the last two tracks, it's a proper resolution, musically it's amazing to have all the themes phase together.

edgy, fuck yeah!

You mean 6. Sabotage fucking rocks

Oh cool the Who, I didn't know they made two concept albums!

Alright, so let me spin you a tale of , not the best, but the most interesting rock opera ever made. Imaginos by BOC

Unknown to many, but BOc got there name and many of their lyrical inspirations from esoteric writings from the bands producer, Sandy Perelman, back in the 60's. He dreamed of a world where alien gods secretly controlled and influenced the world from the star of Sirus, in the arm of Orion. and he proceeded to write many poems and ramblings about Imaginos, a boy born in 1824 in New Hampshire who was given by the gods special powers, like shapeshifting that he would use to travel the world

1/2

Sandy pearlman, with the help of BoC's drummer began to come up with plans on a trilogy of four sided concept albums about Imaginos's rise, his rebirth into Desdinova, and the great occult mystery behind WW1.

These plans, however, never went through, and even though many songs, demos, vocal parts and crossover appearances were recorded the tyrannical 80's record companies never gave their dreams the light of day.

Untill, in 1988, 5 years after the original plans were set in motion, the Record companies decided to create a stremlined version, of only one four sided album, and get BoC to make it. Even though no active member in BoC had any part in the concepts creation, and none of them thought it a particular good idea for an album.

And so Imaginos was born, a relatively quality 80's hard rock album, that had several stand out tracks, including two re-imaginings of old BoC songs from Secret Treatise (Astronomy, and Subhuman), which both had lyrics entirely dedicated to the imaginos mythos.

It also pocessed the greatest song title of all time "The Siege and Investiture of Baron Von Frankenstein's Castle at Wessaria"

Overall the album was mediocre.

2/2

Dire Straits
youtube.com/watch?v=0fAQhSRLQnM

Quints of truth

fpbp

Attached: 1548588374105.jpg (640x528, 50K)

thanks for the rundown, pretty interesting, I'll give it a listen at some point

If you actually want to understand the plot of the album, because it is interesting, you'll want to check the wikipedia for the album, becuase the songs are already cryptic (as tradition for BOC) and some fuck jackass at the record company decided to put the songs out on order on the album

>implying boomers were not once angsty teens and this album isnt a way for them to relive those years
In all seriousness, its mostl likely that actual boomers listening to this lp donr pay attention to the lyrics, considering the lasting american appeal of it.

can The Zombies be considered dad rock?

I'd say so

Attached: zHK2DqkkseNUxZZvozC47T.jpg (1280x720, 546K)

Attached: Smashing_Pumpkins_-_Mellon_Collie_And_The_Infinite_Sadness.jpg (316x316, 23K)

Concept albums are cool but I never really pay attention to the actual story, just sounds cool having all the songs connected to each other.

makes sense, that's the case with a lot of rock operas such as quadrophenia too, quadrophenia used to come with a picture booklet so that Americans could understand the setting in 60s Britain with Mod culture

>Americans were given a picture booklet to understand the setting as 60's Britain

fucking kek

Attached: 15337665-CFE5-4725-967F-15450E15AF06.jpg (220x220, 10K)

I can't get into quadrophenia, on the other Who albums his voice is fine but on this album Rogers voice sounds so incredibly shit to me. Like on The Real Me he literally cannot hit the high note and it's so fucking painful to listen too.

>Lasting American appeal
Lol wut. I saw them play Quadrephenia once in concert in LA and evryone fell alseep. They had to skip a lot of songs so they could play their greatest hits at the end of the show so thr crowd would get into it.

BASED STAY

Based.

neck yourself

>allman brothers
100% factually correct

This

>listening to modern rock and thinking it's good

Attached: 1452744610328.gif (400x308, 515K)

absolutely baste

Nice Digits

Attached: mark-knopfler-1800-1385140237.jpg (920x1337, 184K)

Pearl Jam

Came here to post this.

Attached: 20180413_023838.png (720x752, 1.03M)

>Steely Dan
hell fucking yes

youtube.com/watch?v=3VPLOVJ0u94

Sometime World is truly an underappreciated piece.

Complete trash, Younger than Yesterday is the best byrds album

+1