Done with the 3rd song of this album

Done with the 3rd song of this album.
What is this pretentious sounding garbage and why do you like it?

Attached: daughters.jpg (320x320, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0P7eIY-W-sA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep asking yourself that question until you die.

I liked it cause it sounds like a loser dude talking over static and distortion

i like it but other people like it so i say i dont like it

pretentious is probably the last word i'd use to describe it, but yeah that shit sucks

like how in the fucks name is this pretentious to you? how much more basic can Yea Forums get? this is normie noise rock nigger, its basically ariana grande

never heard it

Skip to Guest House.
If you don't like that one, then you're just not going to be able to understand the album at all and should just give up trying to like it.

It's a pretty great album. It's basically the soundtrack to someone snapping and going crazy.

>Y 4CHANNEL NO NOT LIKE THING I NO LIKE

Attached: 1553874562969.png (733x826, 540K)

imagine die lit by playboi carti without carti's trademark charismatic adlibs and with more trapgaze influence and you have daughters

I'm in the second half of the album and I'm at least liking it better than the first half. Those first 2 or 3 songs I really didn't like lmao
I'll just sit through it until I get to Guest House.

music scary i don like

Attached: sad kitten.jpg (400x300, 19K)

based

Maybe listen to the album instead of browsing Yea Forums you FUCK

i didn't know i can have a opinion on a full project just listening the 3 first tracks

You may have standards for yourself, your listening, and your opinions, but most of the people here are teenagers going through a phase and trying to seem cool.

Because Anthony Fantano said he likes it.

It's called noise rock, a genre that's been well-established since the 80s (with precursors even earlier than that). What you are listening to a standard Jesus Lizard/industrial clone

I like it a lot but Fantano said it's a 10 so I'll pretend it's utter shit incel core

>DONT TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB

Thought about making this thread a little while ago. It sounds like the shit me and my friends used to play in the garage in high school. They are pretty talentless musicians.

explain why they are talentless musicians. give a solid explanation with all your musical knowledge

Lol how the fuck is it pretentious?

>pretentious
Ironically enough, using a word where it doesn't apply makes you pretentious.

I listened to Goat a couple weeks ago. The Jesus Lizard are just buttrock like Cows, it seems. Daughters were way more sonically interesting and abrasive so why do the retards on here call YWGWYW a watered-down version of these bands' works? Does this board have ears?

stick to weyes blood kid

it's literally just a rip off of the Pussy song on this album.

Attached: 91HWMnhX+UL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 46K)

listening to this for the first time in 5 minutes. Do you guys experience it similarly to swans or pull out the lyrics?

for an album so often called "tourist" it sure does filter a lot of zoomers

Typical boomer response

What's pretentious about it? The lyrics are schlocky horror shit and the music's spoopy sounding industrial/no-wave stuff. It's fun but it's not even remotely faux deep.

someone bound by the conventional definition of what makes "good music" won't appreciate it. Bands like Daughters break down conventional barriers, it's not melodic, it doesn't follow the rules. The tracks aren't 3 minutes or less with the typical chorus formula. It's not meant to sound audibly pleasing to the ear, but rather to challenge the listener. It's truly a Patrician's album.

Not really, YWGWYW is FAR catchier and melodic than their previous material.

It's a dumb opinion everyone bounces around

fuck fantano for exposing daughters to you normie faggots

I thought hell songs was actually more melodic

> It's not meant to sound audibly pleasing to the ear, but rather to challenge the listener.
Imagine thinking that. You must be a newfag if you think this album is challenging. This is one of the softest noise rock albums in existence. A watered down version of Big Black

fagthony here

I still haven’t listened to this but I liked daughters earlier shit back in the day. Is it better or worse

Significantly better. It's actually one of the only good comeback albums, actually. Usually comebacks are disappointing. Not this one.

I enjoy it for the abrasive textures (kinda like swans), realist outlook on life, and atmosphere. If you don't like it thats cool too :-)

stop being friendly and rational man this is Yea Forums

>listens to This Heat once
They even ripped off the album cover, wtf.

Attached: a1800277617_10.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

No one on this board likes it

this

What’s your 100?

let me guess, you like folk and classical

Attached: 5B31B036-05C7-4450-9E43-D2960C504E4D.jpg (200x189, 12K)

Chelsea Wolfe did this sound better.
youtu.be/0P7eIY-W-sA

Attached: a0829041222_10.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

only true response in this thread

>those last 2 minutes though on full volume

Attached: 8BDC92CF-293F-4334-A052-50CD72E4B5ED.jpg (350x361, 16K)

Depends, they show a lot of growth in one direction as they move away from another. It takes the melody and texture that was starting to show on S/T and exponentially embellish upon that BUT the sheer volume and technicality of their earlier records, while not completely absent, does fall by the wayside. If you thought S/T was an improvement on their earlier shit then YWGWYW sees the band evolve even further that way, but if you're of the Hell/Canada Songs disposition then see the album title for further details.

The production was great, I just wished he'd screamed like on their older albums instead of trying to sound like Jamie Stewart on Xanax.

The tea is piping hot.

it’s literally amazing. Best album of the decade along with skeleton tree

>Daughters
>too scary for anyone
There is no doubt you're a zoomer genre tourist.

So your opinions on Brokencyde, Nickelback, etc are based on you listening to entire albums from start to finish?

Remember when the guitarist was in fang island? That was a great album.

It's seriously based!

this thread has so far compared Daughters to
>This Heat
>Swans
>Big Black
>The Jesus Lizard
>Cows
>Jamie Stewart

Either y'all are deaf or these are literally all jokes. The only one I can hear is TJL and they're fucking trash compared to Daughters. This is not even my favorite by the band and they're not even my favorite noise rock band, let alone rock band, but do y'all give the things you talk about a try or do you just talk out the ass? Christ.

Have you ever heard Hell Songs or the self-titled? You know, two albums with incredibly catchy, almost poppy hooks on every fucking song?

>he thinks Jesus lizard is buttrock
Just stop posting. Forever.

The true tragedy is the fact that the superior S/T ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS OF THE DECADE is forgotten over this because of critic fellating and fantano and Yea Forums drones

this is bullshit . Nobody cares what fantano thinks . The album is great

im surprised by how completely average and boring it is. the vocalist sounds terrible desu

yes I do think this generic noise rock album was the aoty, and dare I say it, aotd.

People don't understand what "Pretentious" means, and they never have. It's the go to "critique" for vacuous idiots that are intimidated by something that requires even a slight bit of understanding before just jumping straight in.

He's good on the closer but the rest of the tracks he's pretty meh unfortunately. This album needed someone with a deeper voice.

>nobody cares what fantano thinks
>one of the most popular music critics of our era

Shit opinions

> do y'all give the things you talk about a try or do you just talk out the ass?
You already know the answer to that question, user.

The general tone and attitude of this album is so cringe. Like edgy 14 year olds possessed an adult's body

this album is pleb filter