What "scene" were the scene kids back in the day actually part of? Couldn't of been going to hardcore shows, could they?

What "scene" were the scene kids back in the day actually part of? Couldn't of been going to hardcore shows, could they?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15-13-47-48-1.png (1080x805, 1013K)

Bump

The rawr-dinosaur-ninja-scene. Those kids were NOT part of the hardcore-punk scene regardless of how bad they wanted to be.

wasnt it just called scenecore back then? it was just shit tier metalcore/deathcore

Nah the scene actually being called scene was enough

maybe it was just an aesthetic like cyber goth.

they were part of the "looser scene" where there abusive step parents beat them lol

In my city, Philly, it was R5 productions, so you’d go on their website and see what show was happening and then you’d go to it. None of that “eh i dont like their music” shit, you just GO to be SEEN (scene). People who did this all the time recognize each other and make up the scene

In my experience, they were initially called "scene" insultingly because they were seen as scene-hoppers. They were the same kids who had frosted tips and fire-pattern shirts a few years earlier, who had jumped onto the bandwagon of what was popular at the time. I think they eventually co-opted it as their own label though.

See here’s two different yet compatible perspectives, cause you called them “scene hoppers” but in my view we were just trying to go to as many shows (or whatever genre) as possible

As a small-town Brit, I assume the scene kids from my area were very different to the ones in your city, half the world away. I'm just talking from my personal experience.

the scene kids all went to the post-hardcore/screamo bullshit shows

IE: WARPED TOUR

I'M AN EMO KID NON-CONFORMING AS CAN BE

It was called scene because they were their own scene and nobody wanted them.
They hopped into edgy trends like a motherfucker.

this

every girl who was scene back in the day is now a trans/nonbinary/gendernonconforming/whatecerthefuck it's all trends to them that they think have meaning until the trend stops and they move on to the next thing

back when I was a teenager all the scene kids went to lamb of god and hatebreed shows and stuff like that

it was emoscene in my town. they mixed with the metalcore/hc/punk crowd sometimes.
mostly this
except i know guys, too, who transitioned etc

this

I'm pretty sure the term is derived from a time when there was a lot more local lesser known emo bands that would play a lot of basement shows and people who were part of the group that attended or played those shows were labeled as scene.

This

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'M SO FUCKING LONELY AND HORNY

Vans warped tour bands that played post-hardcore, metalcore and deathcore.