CIA sponsored modern artist such as Pollock to combat the influence of communism

>CIA sponsored modern artist such as Pollock to combat the influence of communism

>Also sponsored jazz artists and had industry plants pushing the genre

>People think industry plants are still a meme today

Attached: Screenshot_20190415-175750.png (2048x1655, 471K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which jazz artists? I'm interested now.

Based. Better dead than red.

the Nazi's did the same thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degenerate_art

Would you honestly rather have art like this?

Would take Pollock any day.

Attached: Andrei Mylnikov - In Peaceful Fields.jpg (1596x894, 812K)

I have never heard or seen someone say industry plants are fake. Everyone knows they exist - obviously. Look at the current crop of popular actors and musicians - all of them have come from an industry family, or are super rich. That's why popular culture sucks so bad now

Attached: Mr Bean.jpg (1125x1103, 134K)

i think hes wrong, mr bean doesnt have turbo strength or whatever, but has good luck on his side, which is a form of magic, and superman cant into magic. so he could win.

also mr bean is an alien too.

I feel like Mr/ Bean wouldn't even realize he was fighting superman, just bumbling his way through his shopping annoyed at the crowds or something.

That's a nice painting, user.

>CIA sponsored modern artist such as Pollock to combat the influence of communism
exactly what was the thinking behind this

Why do you think Rothko killed himself?

It’s a dull painting from an artistically restrictive place in history. I recommend reading Kundera if you want to get a better taste of what it was like being an artist in communist Easter Europe.

KPOP is gook guvment sponsored faggotry.

>The CIA used modern art as a weapon to combat communism
Why? if anything modern art is super left.

It's super left to suck in and trap actual communists and make them ineffective

>I'd rather have a canvas splattered with monkey feces than a wholesome depiction of rural life in Eastern Europe.

Hmm, I wonder what religious/tribal affiliation this poster may have.

Attached: 1550892366513.gif (333x358, 1.83M)

>DA JOOOS
Smell incel detected, peee yewww bro take a shower

The thing about these "character doesnt realize what's happening and just does whatever" plots is that they're just so contrived.

Why not both?

4d chess

the cia was lefty when it was formed
it shows the world that americans are intellectually and aesthetically open minded compared to government commissioned artwork under communism. i dont know if i agree with this but i guess it kinda makes sense

p. cringe

yall retarded

ok retard

This

why the fuck would i want a painting of rural life in eastern europe? i thought art was not supposed to be boring?

Anti-Soviet distraction. "Hey look we can be progressive too, in fact we're even more progressive"

>Soviets
>progressive

They were.

>implying modern art is an actual "genre" of art
>implying all "modern art" is abstract expressionism
>totally disregarding the purity and distortion of form that was created during the early 1900s-1960

Attached: 1542293607410.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>random splatters of garbage is not boring

Are you going to tell me this is boring too?

Attached: the-temptation-of-saint-anthony.jpg (900x711, 245K)

surrealism is modern art you brainlet

american capital intensive imperialism, or neoliberalism, has accelerated its culture to decadence. Modernism was converted into an acceleration of ever-approaching limits, grand gestures. extreme art was never subversive as it always underscored the west's libertinism and cultural decadence. If a culture produces and congratulates its pollacks (huge canvasses, non-meaning, abstraction away from figurative representation) then it could do the same with its complex systems of finance capital, banking, its networks of wars. all is permitted, all is forgiven.

>modern art bad
>posts modern art
are you retarded user?

it was the USA vs the soviet union not left vs right
any piece of culture america shat out and influenced the rest of the world was a point on the scoreboard

retards think modern art = postmodern art = contemporary art

i like modern art but dislike commies desu

I know that you americans associate communists with "degenerancy" and all that shit but if you ask an old european it was the americans who brought degenerancy to the world

>>The CIA used modern art as a weapon to combat communism
>Why? if anything modern art is super left.
only an american educated on Yea Forums would be surprised by this

based.

Kevin Shields is maybe a bit paranoid here, but the interests of the neoliberal New Labour coincided nicely with Brit-pop's individualist decadent party-culture. It killed rave by turning the collective experience of dance and drug (ego-less) into one of celebrity and indulgence

Attached: 2019-04-15 17_29_46-Kevin Shields_ 'Britpop was pushed by the government' _ Music _ The Gu (1204x879, 100K)

All styles of art are interesting in their own ways. Why can't more people judge art on it's own merit instead of dismissing an entire period or movement as trash? Visual art, just like music is much more diverse than anyone gives it credit for. And you like whatever you like. It's okay to enjoy both a Michelangelo and Rothko work. No need to sperg out

Like that other user noted, you don't get to smuggle in your Jewish crap under the cover of a mere word.

Attached: 1555275317530.jpg (236x236, 9K)

Attached: de kooning erased.jpg (868x1024, 387K)

Honestly that's a pretty bad example... That's a beautiful style

>CIA controls everything, including all art, media, finance, and governments!!!!

You got glowed hard

old news, newbie pol

yes there were some 'modern art' exhibitions funded by the gov as a cultural show of force.
just like going to the moon dumb fuck.

don't mean a thang

Kike detected

the CIA was definitely heavily involved in at the very least attempting to influence cultural production in the West during the cold war. say what you will about the Soviet Union and their restrictive attitude towards artists but if you want to point out the source of modern day cultural "degeneracy" it is absolutely the product of american liberalism

Dali was talented, and could draw and paint fanstastically well, but he considered himself inferior to artists of the XIX century like this Meissonier who were classicists

Attached: DT2144.jpg (3811x2100, 2.85M)

Probably John Coltrane

Rothko, de Kooning, and Pollock are all good.

Attached: 1510516884249.jpg (2560x1920, 3.13M)

Additionally the Soviets were bad for artistic expression and stamped out some very cool modern art. (See Suprematism, Russian Avant-Garde

Attached: suprematism.jpg (1718x1724, 1.22M)

this is beautiful

modern art is fucking gay and stomping it out was one of the only good things the soviets ever did

sure am glad they eliminated entire movements in art so we could have more pastoral scenes which have been done better centuries ago

Shit I guess the CIA isn't actually as evil as I've been led to believe

based Allen Dulles

It works when it's a pure comedy like Mr. Bean was.

cringe

>the cia was lefty when it was formed
it was created to combat the soviet union in the cold war

Attached: 1514147604484.jpg (645x729, 49K)

Attached: 1414644549976.gif (250x308, 1.88M)

>the cia was lefty when it was formed
stop talking out of your ass and read Legacy of Ashes

Attached: 91becjTNN1L.jpg (1496x2316, 838K)

I was under the impression that pretty much anything was used as a "weapon" during the cold war.
Didn't the CIA plan to drop a bunch of extra-large condoms on the USSR to make them feel bad about their dick size?

Attached: lads.jpg (714x960, 108K)

But it communicates nothing. I'm not gonna get into modern art and minimalism and Pollock and Picasso, but just looking purdy isn't a noteworthy quality. Art has looked nice and sounded good and been enjoyable to read for the last few centuries, you have to want to do something more personal and expressive than "I made a purday song and painted a purdy picture", because that's what has real value.

This is 100% better than 21st century ""architecture"""

Attached: gentrification-cpublogo-900x600.jpg (900x600, 92K)

Maybe to you. Looking at the painting brought me the warm feeling of a summer afternoon, quite powerful imo. I'm also not a visual art snob so that might be the disconnect between you and I

It was a war on every front and the west lost the cultural cold war, society was demoralized and now we all suffer in the ashes of a post-empirical world where up is down black is white and nobody is even remotely capable of making rational decisions in the interest of themselves or their community regardless of how much evidence is presented to convince them of the fallacies of their positions. The idea being that a period of demoralization that took ~20 years (the length of time needed to educate an entire generation of students) would be followed by a 2-5 year period of destabilization by way of manufacturing the 3rd stage "Crisis" which would be used as carte blanche for stage 4 "Normalization" which is best summed up by Yuti Bezmenov, a KGB defector:

>This is what will happen in the United States if you allow all the schmucks to bring the country to crisis. To promise people all kinds of goodies and a paradise on Earth. To destabilize your economy. To eliminate the principle of free market competition and to put a Big Brother government in Washington DC with benevolent dictators like Walter Mondale who will promise lots of things, never mind whether the promises are fulfilled or not. He will go to Moscow to kiss the bottoms of a new generation of Soviet assassins, never mind, he will create false illusions that the situation is under control. The situation is not under control. The situation is disgustingly out of control.

Yuri Bezmenov goes into great detail about this is in "Deception Was My Job" and explains how the KGB was primarily engaged not in espionage but subversion of entire cultures by means of subterfuge. He was murdered in Canada in '93 for revealing these things. Or maybe Yuri himself is just another even more complex layer of subversion. The Russians are crafty. Now tell me to go back to /pol/ so I can have my (You)'s and you all can go back to pretending nothing like this is even remotely possible.

Attached: yuri fist of subvert.png (620x471, 433K)

if you are going to make a determination of that sort, you need to provide an actual good example - that's just a shitty building. all youre doing is saying good art is better than bad art.

omg that painting is bad

jesus that's a really bad painting
dali is suck a cuk

So I don't know if you were aware of this, but there's this thing inside your skull called your brain. It's really neat, you should try using it

im baby

Fuck I replied to the wrong comment my b senpai

Everytime I listen to something I always think of what was made as a psyop and what isn't.

As if poorfags ever made anything of value.

Attached: mozart-1343837321-editorial-long-form-1.jpg (640x360, 35K)

>Dali Bad

Attached: 1550289586139.png (2500x1250, 784K)

did you mean to greentext that?

how can an Interventionist imperialistic agency be "lefty"?

based

Yes, Soviet Realism was in fact BASED.

CIA were always literal right wing death squads using liberalism to single out resistance.

Read the last paragraph and head over leftypol to contribute.

Attached: billieexposed.png (953x541, 409K)

this thread is full of actual retards who have no idea what theyre talking about lmaooo just stop