Is this good for making noise?

NG, why not

Attached: 1329927116_83.jpg (1000x728, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FLVkCmJvXTw
youtube.com/watch?v=_G7zFQ8CUjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure

ok cool, where do I go from here?

this is an audo mixer dude, it doesn't produce any sound on its own

from my understanding you make feedback from plugging input into output

that's the laziest idea of making noise music i have ever read

Put a guitar pedal in a feedback loop by plugging the fx send of the mixer into the input of your guitar pedal and plugging the output of the guitar pedal into line in on the mixer

what should I do? I'm all ears and have never tried this before

just buy something from the volca range and make fun little loops.

have any favorites?

the korg volca sample is the one id suggest comes with preset sounds and pretty easy to download new ones and put them on.

do anything else. if yr computer's decent get vcvrack or audacity or something. an audio mixer is useless by itself lol

damn vcv looks really cool, thanks

its badly optimized and runs like shit when you try to do too much at once so you have to rely on guesswork and bouncing things down to listen to the stuff your making a lot but yeah theoretically you can do a shitload with it

Attached: Jeust.png (198x264, 101K)

itt nu-Yea Forums doesn't know the first thing about noise

what's the deal with pitch shifted vocals in noise?

Attached: seinfeld1.jpg (442x480, 32K)

you're right, that's why I'm trying to learn :)

Forum.noiseguide.com

if you want to do no input stuff, the mixer you chose doesn't really matter, that berhinger one should be fine. don't forget to buy some guitar pedals too.

The mixer needs an fx send so it does matter.

thanks fellas. I already have a pretty extensive pedalboard for my band, looks like I can make use of some of that.

>implying knowledge is required
Noise isn't music so it's literally impossible to do it wrong.

Kill yourself

then what is it?
>inb4 "noise"

>"noise"
Correct.

yeah guys lets debate this on /mu definitely a good use of our time

It's impossible to do wrong with music because anything can be called music, but you can do wrong with noise

I'm not an expert at it, I just use a very simple mixer + pedals and sample/alter the stuff for industrial landscape and whatnot.
Why do you need an effect send and how is it different to just use external pedals?

Be careful with what you use, using digital fx (like the one on a multi fx) is imo not so good, it really colors the sound in a bad way.

stfu stupid philistin

It let's you put your guitar pedals into a feedback loop. It's what people are referring to when they say no input mixer

I used to use that mixer for recording my high school alt rock band a long ass time ago, It's kinda average to be honest, depending on the instrumentals you use your better off just getting a Focusrite 2i2 or if you have a lot of channels the 16 input is pretty good for multi-tracking.

I guess it's better to do it with an fx send, but you can still do it without it, no input is basically just feedbacking the residual noise of a mixer.

The mixer OP showed has one so he might as well use it

Bump

It's called Onkyo.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLVkCmJvXTw

David Lee Myers (Arcane Device) is the master of this stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=_G7zFQ8CUjY

don't fucking make noise music, christ

literally make any music besides the following genres: Noise, Hip Hop/Trap beats, Ambient

Lazier than digital vst 'noise'? Laptop users are laughable

OK MATE I'LL DO WHAT YOU SAY

That's why you need an audio interface to plug your pedals into it

really though. Get an instrument of any kind and learn it and make some music. it's a valuable skill to have and it creates discipline. Plus, its proper good fun and rewarding. This fucking website is overran with noise, hip hop beat, and ambient 'artists'. The world does not need one more

Dont listen to him hes mad he spends money on lessons

im completely self taught

You forgot drone

And rock, jazz, classical

No, these require an understanding of composition. Drone and ambient is just timbre with drone being the even more lazy subclass and noise being just noise and the easiest to create even by people with zero musical inclination. Beats is almost as braindead but requires you to steal a daw and samples from the net first which is 90% of the work and fitting for a black genre.

What about writing your own melodies for beats instead of using sample? Have you even been in /prod/?

Yes and I believe demarcus is the exception to the rule that even a monkey can produce a decent 4 bar loop

Oh look a racist who thinks classical is high art

None of these statements apply to me. The fact that you attribute my monkey comparison to black people says a lot about you instead.

>Beats is almost as braindead but requires you to steal a daw and samples from the net first which is 90% of the work and fitting for a black genre.

>Beats is almost as braindead but requires you to steal a daw and samples from the net first which is 90% of the work and fitting for a black genre.
>Heh, if you think anything I say is racist. Well, you're the real racist!
Cringe

I don't see how that is racist. I grew up within a mostly black community and this was the reality. Glorifying criminal deeds and shunning education due to it being perceived as a tool of keeping the man down are part of the current black culture unfortunately. Not many were able to resist the peer pressure and make it out of that trap. My post above was obviously tongue in cheek but the monkey part really is on you.

Please don’t make noise music. It’s so oversaturated already.

OP here. I've been in a band for a few years as the lead singer/guitarist. we do shows and are popular in our local area, which is more than enough for me. I've been digging a lot of post-industrial lately and wanted to see about trying my hand at some nosier stuff.

Get a microkorg and routeit through your pedalboard like prurient

any good videos on that? I have some pretty neat stuff on my board that I think could be good for that, Rainbow Machine, Metal Zone, MF Ring, MXR Carbon Copy, some arp pedal I've never touched