Slack rock is officially dead

Slack rock is officially dead

Attached: Screenshot_20190415_130952.jpg (1080x932, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQEvNrddQ
soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/no-midi-stereo2
myneighborsatan.bandcamp.com/album/flashback
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shut up nigger

whatever man, slackers become hackers

Journalists don't decide when something is dead. Listeners do.

i just want mac demarco and burger records to come to an end

FINALLY THNAK FINALLY BASED JOURNOS TO KILL IT

>plays non stop tours for 6 years straight until his hair falls out and he can't be on stage without half a bottle of scotch in him
>"slacker"

>films minors jacking off

This article is the stupidest shit I've ever read

quit trying to make this a thing

What's slacker rock? Rock about not doing your homework and getting stoned on the marijuana?

....Good?

I fucking hate that "im boring on purpose, get it :D" jangle crap.

I hope some zoomers react against them with loud electric guitars, feedback and energy and hatred

yacht rock faggots

If Coachella showed anything, it's that the mainstream is sorely in need of a band with some sort of energy

I have been waiting 10 fucking years for some loud, agressive, punk rock, hardcore, fucking screaming motherfuckers. I fucking hate my generation. Like even when it comes to rock music. Because they chose to fucking make the most boring and bland rock music of all time.... cause it about being chill bra xD

My fuckining entire 20s ruined.

I dont know, i guess i was spoiled with punk and hardcore in my youth and then became 20 and was disappointed as fuck

There are lots of punk bands in your local scene. Go to their shows

yeah just go to a show retard

>still being an angry spastic in your 20s

you've supposed to have realised that music is all about harmony and melody by now

youth is the best time to be an angry spastic. And i didnt get to do that because my generation turned out to be giant faggots who like sprkly and non offensive pop rock and pop

Now im a 28 year old boomer and i cant do that shit now.

I started listening to field recordings

you seem pretty angry. why not channel that energy into writing the songs you would want to hear?

You're supposed to grow up in your 20s.

damn it i feel the same way

now it's time for toilet rock
not true, by the way

im right in time to start the post-slack rock movement
feels good

you're just a little bitch
fugazi debut came out when ian was 28
didn't stop 'em

This, he also records every album mostly by himself. The whole “slacker” thing is retarded music journalists trying to put labels on everything

just chill bra have another cigarre'tte

Attached: 1555209309499.png (571x516, 466K)

Based

>Music is an industry where women constantly have to put in twice the work in order to get half the recognition (See Beck winning best album at the 2015 Grammys over Beyoncé’s self-titled multimedia odyssey). A genre that relies on men shrugging their shoulders and doing the bare minimum doesn’t quite have the same appeal.

they think beck doesn't try very hard? wtf lol , that "best album" got there like 7years after the literally greatest of all time album runs

Kek obviously they’ve never listened to anything by Beck other than Loser, Devils Haircut and probably the lead single off Morning Phase. Still waiting for Midnite Vultures 2

Why do journalists get off on declaring things dead?

they're desperate to consider themselves influencers

True

its amazing because for anyone that knows basically anything about beck, he resented the slacker image that got attached to him,.... it just didnt make any sense , even in the mellow gold era, I don't know of anyone that drop 3 great albums in quick succession like that

>Headline on unknown website asks if it's dead
>OMG SLACK ROCK IS DEAD IT'S OFFICIAL

yeah thats true I was thinking that, the only thing I've heard is mac demarco ii, its not as elaborate as a prince record even then how many people write and record all the instruments themselves like that

is that malkamus to the right?

Of course it's dead. There was never anywhere to grow for it, it's catatonic by design.

Journalists have been trying to de-legitimize guitar based and rock music since the beginning of the century. Then they'll turn an praise the next guitar based rock fad when the kids like it.

That kind of music inherently sucks though.

>I have been waiting 10 fucking years for some loud, agressive, punk rock, hardcore, fucking screaming motherfuckers.
i guess you missed the Death Grips?

punk is hypocritical, you can't be nihilistic and butthurt at the same time

Yeah, neosoul and soulless artschoolcore like snarky puppy is cool with the instagram crowd now

WHITE MEN BAD

>Everything Beyonce does is KWEEN

youtube.com/watch?v=L8TQEvNrddQ

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/no-midi-stereo2

myneighborsatan.bandcamp.com/album/flashback

>harsh noise

This dude was literally pushed by the cigarette industry because young people weren't stupid enough to buy cigarettes anymore

your lazy fucking ass ruined your 20s there's tons of good punk out there you just couldnt get off your ass and look for it

jesus fucking christ

There is nothing interesting about harmony any of those bland indie rock genres OP mentioned has to offer. So much little about melody. If they dont put the guts and a good show, they have nothing.
>inb4 muh overused oversweetened maj7 chord
>muh somewhat jazzy 9/13 chord.