XXL 2019 Freshman Class

So I've been working at XXL for the past few months, but I have recently decided to quit and leak the list in protest of one of the picks for this years freshman class. So, here it is.

Juice Wrld
Blueface
Boogie
YBN Cordae
Roddy Rich
Gunna
Lil Mosey
Rico Nasty
Kid Buu
DDG

Attached: XXL.jpg (816x526, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iOf5x7uH7n4
youtube.com/watch?v=LX0TOg-V_iU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where the fuck is Lil Nas X

being this retarded

While it remains to be seen how accurate this arrangement shall be, as with many recent lists, I don't agree with the choices.

Only a few artists such as Juice WRLD, Boogie, and YBN Cordae have lyrical ability, along with substantive content. Rico Nasty, while not as potent with her songwriting, does have interesting performances stemming from her bombastic personality. Blueface, while not being my favorite artist or having either of the aforementioned components, is an understandable choice. He's gotten a lot of recognition recently, and his memetic "off-beat" rapping does bring something slightly refreshing. Think of a younger, more accessible, watered down, poor-man's E-40.

My only gripe with who I have mentioned thus far is that it took so long for XXL to hop on Boogie's bandwagon since he dropped an album on Shady Records. They have been well aware of him since 2015, when he dropped "Oh My", one of the best "bangers" to release this decade.

I can't get behind any of the other choices presented here, as I don't see much or any chance for longevity. Kid Buu is already a deceased meme, as his 2 seconds of fame bave been over.

Not a very fun or convincing larp user, there is absolutely 0% chance of Kid Buu making the list

I figure that he won't be, yet if he was, it'd be utterly asinine.

Who to you seems more likely that was a "one-hit wonder"/meme within the past year to actually claim a spot?

Oh I thought you were the same guy as OP with le insider list
Flipp Dinero had a huge song and I don't know if Bhad Bhabie had any popping songs this year but she's actually pretty big

>Think of a younger, more accessible, watered down, poor-man's E-40.
FUCK YOU. SHUT THE FUCK UP! STOP FUCKING COMPARING E40 TO BLUFACE!!!! SHUT UP!

E-40 was not fucking off-beat and off-tempo, and was not in any way similar to Blueface. E-40 had a low-pitched staccato delivery and doubled the amount of syllables he pronounced per beats to make his flow bouncy. The verses aren't all around the place, just around the beat, and he double the amount of syllables that usually fit in 4 bars. There is nothing similar between E-40 bouncy flow and what Blueface is doing. Blueface is just sorts of mumbling off beat while being at a slower bpm than the instrumental. He seems to have latency issues

I can't believe Zoomers are comparing this :
youtube.com/watch?v=iOf5x7uH7n4
to this :
youtube.com/watch?v=LX0TOg-V_iU

They fucking loosed their mind

>So I've been working at XXL for the past few months
no proof, just a list of absolute talentless nobodies. great work, faggot.

If you think blueface is mumbling off beat and isn't rappinng 'all around the place' instead of around the beat you haven't loosed your mind, you just don't have a very basic sense of rhythm which would make you a fucking imbecile since you're posting on the music board of a thai waterboarding forum

>I can't believe Zoomers are comparing this :
zoomers are the dumbest motherfuckers in the universe. this is why the music industry is now full of fucking cancer and talentless faggots. they should kill themselves as soon as possible.

I really like the passion in this post

*is rapping all around the place

basically he's doing very simple changes to traditional 'on beat' rapping and you're a fucking fool if you can't notice that

it's complete fucking cancer written by a talentless faggot that can't rap, with a beat that was produced by someone with down syndrome. try harder, zoomer cancer.

The youth is always dumb and morally vacuous because of the social programming that the media owners pump out... It's not the other way around. Stop blaming your comrades and focus your attention on the elite.

I wont try harder I gave you a coherent answer to a bullshit claim you had in your le epic E-40 good Blueface bad post, and you responded with: it's complete cancer he's talentless down syndrome reeeeee

who are any of these retarded sounded names

what is a way any of their lives could be ruined?

Nigga, I'm a fucking drummer, ok? It's people who don't have a sharp sense of rhythm who compare E-40 to Blueface, because they are not able to understand that E-40 is subdividing the beat by doubling the number of syllables he pronounce to have a bouncy flow, while Blueface is kind of just behind tempo in songs like Deadlocs. This is often like that that beginning Rappers Rap, because they struggle to subdivides the beat when putting their syllables against the meter, or don't understand that this is what they are supposed to do at all.

It wasn't me, you are responding to someone else. See my response here

Not the other user but I'd like to point out that there is no "supposed to" when it comes to rapping. A flow is a flow. Some irregular flows have turned out great like ODB's.

I know, but that's not my issue. The problem is the disingenous, stupid comparison with E-40

I agree with , though I dislike the tone of his post.

If you want to compare this kid to an old-school rapper, you can maybe compare him to Keak Da Sneak, but his flow is in no way similar to that of E-40

shill post for whatever xxl is i assume. good job social media intern

Have you listened to other songs besides Deadlocs? He's usually just skipping the first beat or randomly speeding or slowing down, not really him struggling to le subdivide the beat to rap over it