Good bass guitars

Ey boys.
I've been thinking of buying a new bass, but I wanted to see what you guys think are some great basses.

Attached: Mio_Fender_Japan_62_Reissue_Jazz_Bass.jpg (804x242, 49K)

one that is functional

>at is functiona
yeah

Buy the Paul McCartney bass

>y the Paul McCa
yeah

Don't buy the fucking beatle bass. A decent all-round professional bass would be the Fender Dimension series. Also with 5 strings. A Hofner looks nice but sounds like lo-fi garbage

one that has four strings

>y the fucking beatle bass. A decent all-round professional bass would be the Fender Dimension series. Also with 5 stri
yeah

No fifth string necessary on a bass. If you cant do it with four strings, play drums.

I have a guitar that looks exactly like this bass. Probabbly a bootleg.

Check out Fender basses jazz, precision, PJ they all do the job, it's a matter of your preference. Also check out some 5 stringers, that low B opens up a lot of possibilities.

>>at is functiona
>yeah
no

Get a p or a j and then just focus on doing a good job.

Get a P-Bass, of course.

yes but the good one

Attached: IMG_6010.jpg (3024x4032, 2.32M)

Get a fretless bass. They're too much fun

if you don't get a p bass you are a confirmed homo

bassed

Don't buy a """""traditional""""" bass. Purposfully ignoring technical development should be left for guitarists. If it's still affordable, get a used Warwick.

warwicks fucking suck

I've seen A LOT of shitty treatment of instruments over the years on this and other boards, but holy shit m8 you really went for the big guns, didn't you? Why the fuck would you even think of leaning your guitar with its fucking back of the neck agains any sort of edge? I guess you like avoidable dents Jesus Christ.

Get a Rickenbacker. All other basses are for faggots

Christ, that picture hurts my eyes to look at.

The best thing to do is to go to a music store and try everything you can. A price range would also be helpful

Rickenbackers are a personal favorite but Schecter is a bit of an unsung hero in basses in my opinion. High quality shit for a low price as well and they really hold up

Yo, haven't read the thread but I think my post has merit OP, so hope you see it!

Precision bass sort of started there, & Telecaster sort of started the Electric Revolution, so you should consider Precision Bass as a base model of sorts, excuse the accidental pun.

Secondly, the Firebird, while different scale & usually electronics to Telecasters in full spectrum & weight, are remarkably & reliably comfortable. The familiar wiring of the Thunderbird with its Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, & Master Tone knobs is a very sturdy instrument. If you have faith in your amplifier, your bass will do wonders with a simple proper string swap & set-up. Bolt-on is the Gold Standard so Gibson Thunderbird is niche dang-ass but it counts as a solid neck-thru at an underwhelming pricepoint for retailers. Such a beautiful piece. So if you want Diamond tier American bass, I say get a Gibson Thunderbird. Less 'boomy' than the SG-style ones with their neck pickup, but not quite out of natural Precision or Jazz realm.

Capiche?

& God Bless. This has been your neighbourhood Hashtagger, signing off!

#OnlyAFenderIsGoodEnough

>p.s. I never do this but Gold Standard includes Epiphone with its bolt-on construction. Don't shy away from underpriced basses. Vintage Peavey's are undervalued for their 'all in one place' design & etc. as well, but my studio bass is an Epiphone Thunderbird if you want to know my honest stance. Bless up. [just some poost captcha thoughts no filter]

Attached: 952b2a6089b511e2b28822000a9f1468_7.jpg (612x612, 140K)