/classical/

Smug edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Comprehensive list of the most important harpsichord and piano pieces through history
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg

Recordings by user: Previous thread:

Attached: kl2966scr_601598fce90ab9f.jpg (318x448, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RktOJHHcog8
youtube.com/watch?v=WVd9KU_wDoo
youtube.com/watch?v=wXX7XphQABI
youtube.com/watch?v=kyhWWyDHIfM
youtube.com/watch?v=BfLxzNakUZw
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ37Hzo9-EY
youtu.be/UGQBef6D9sY
youtube.com/watch?v=1dAWECPfI20
youtube.com/watch?v=m3dxPARVcH0
youtube.com/watch?v=MNRwQ9XYyTY
youtube.com/watch?v=42lro9rDSQQ
youtu.be/4Us5ltqlUpw
youtube.com/watch?v=jKXctuSs8VM
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7WsTuxMSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pBHCROEBsWM
youtu.be/W--OjtoAV0w
youtube.com/watch?v=7vdgZAJVnes
youtube.com/watch?v=cbizB6NqiuY
youtube.com/watch?v=wckEFGK2q1s
youtube.com/watch?v=EClZICLRxrE
youtube.com/watch?v=IUg9sBWIpe0
youtube.com/watch?v=XHgCHSRhSME
youtube.com/watch?v=JRl8YyeWG3c
youtu.be/7HKbmqfl5VM
youtube.com/watch?v=ci-PTOKqsHY
youtube.com/watch?v=JrqUNvON6nc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ilrnj7hPCDM
youtube.com/watch?v=H2YbmQrSzyw
youtube.com/watch?v=4ruKPCmWNEI
youtube.com/watch?v=UNVMyUaeISY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata
youtube.com/watch?v=znXebwm7RRo
youtube.com/watch?v=F40X8bRxKI4
youtube.com/watch?v=QbKMaxL5sz8
youtube.com/watch?v=STij8KmsgcI
youtube.com/watch?v=JF2KtMS0t84
youtube.com/watch?v=dF4pD4Aavp8
youtube.com/watch?v=b5fvk5wR-xM
youtube.com/watch?v=w0MsxuhZFHI
youtube.com/watch?v=6ME05uEzfjs
youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZFE86QShA
youtube.com/watch?v=9CSI10u7swM
youtube.com/watch?v=qMTYRi7-sPI
youtube.com/watch?v=7Tp4clxuIOM
youtu.be/F3AGC6YPwX4
youtube.com/watch?v=va5SAYqFOec
youtube.com/watch?v=t21DkLUYF0w
youtube.com/watch?v=ftaC90mOcFE
youtube.com/watch?v=LFExkkNdVCc
youtube.com/watch?v=GoImjQOEp-Q
wqxr.org/story/saturday-ivan-fischer-and-budapest-festival-orchestra-live-carnegie-hall/
youtube.com/watch?v=jmbImh_bhRg
youtube.com/watch?v=lNGnvc-ddQ8
youtu.be/qEHsDe5Vaxg
youtube.com/watch?v=DODVNHukY0I
youtube.com/watch?v=gaqpv8mSX90
npr.org/2019/04/15/713525879/paris-notre-dame-cathedral-in-flames
youtube.com/watch?v=APXJqTCIwtc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just farted.

based

Attached: poulenc autism.jpg (479x640, 92K)

Farted you say? youtube.com/watch?v=RktOJHHcog8

Attached: Fart.jpg (193x262, 7K)

I went to see Bruckner 6 twice this season and both times I had annoying seat neighbors keep distracting me from the music. Who takes little kids to the concert hall? I cried inside that I wasn't able to fully enjoy this beautiful music. Terry Davis wrote Temple OS to communicate with God and Bruckner wrote music to talk to God.

Heinrich Schütz

youtube.com/watch?v=WVd9KU_wDoo

braaaaahms
youtube.com/watch?v=wXX7XphQABI
also a holy check

>bruckner
>beautiful music

youtube.com/watch?v=kyhWWyDHIfM
>tfw no cute viola composing gf
feel like pure shit lads

Attached: clarke cute 2.jpg (302x420, 23K)

Attached: stares into your soul and sees nothing.jpg (960x540, 35K)

>Schoenberg
>Bruckner
>Schütz
>Brahms
This thread has been very based and germanopilled so far.

Schumann (what the fuck did he mean by this)
youtube.com/watch?v=BfLxzNakUZw

Attached: Robert_Schumann_1839.jpg (3100x3100, 2.58M)

Why, what's so weird about it?

If you could travel back in time to fug one composer, who would it be? For me, it's young Brahms. Imagine stretching his boipussy

Attached: Brahms-Johannes-22.jpg (384x502, 53K)

ahem

Attached: 1536006125989.jpg (736x551, 23K)

Schumann's symphonies are VERY PROBLEMATIC

i would impregnate lili boulanger 2bh. we would raise the most innovative composer the world has ever seen

Just stop being autistic and say what's on your mind

Don't worry, I'm only jesting by perpetuating the myth that Schumann's symphonic works are the result of a madman who didn't know what he was doing.

No, you're thinking of Gesualdo and that's true btw.

shut up retard 1st and 4th are based
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ37Hzo9-EY

Based Brahmsgang rise up
youtu.be/UGQBef6D9sY

Also what are the best Brahms Lieders? I see he wrote alot of Lieders

Attached: 1555098923396.jpg (2048x1366, 970K)

who the fuck's the fat guy?

You

Attached: 1552342640418.jpg (600x600, 53K)

*stares into your soul*

Attached: H.I.F.Biber.jpg (2000x2400, 1.89M)

don't know about Lieders but I am currently listening to hus clarinet sonatas.
youtube.com/watch?v=1dAWECPfI20

Would bang Buxtehude's daughter

Based

based

I tried pushing Brahms into this board sometime late 2018 and no one have half a shit. Glad to see there's some Brahmpreciation going on right now
youtube.com/watch?v=m3dxPARVcH0

Even his incomplete one is pretty fucking good

you are mixing up Schumann and Schubert again

Schumann and Brahms are currently maybe not my favourite composers, but the ones who've caught my attention the most. I was already very familiar with Brahms oeuvre and am just now exploring Schumann after he was the theme of a previous general, but boy am I having fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=MNRwQ9XYyTY
youtube.com/watch?v=42lro9rDSQQ

..What? I'm talking about the "Zwickau", only two movements, 1832-33, in reply to people talking about his 1st and 4th

Attached: WAHT.png (620x617, 61K)

Best Sibelius symphony?

I've heard 2, 5 and 4 more than the others. I think 2nd is pretty good.

Symphony No. 7

Thank you, good sir. Any particular recordings?

friendly reminder to ignore posters that do not sing/play an instrument classically

what about posters who do play an instrument but are too lazy to practice their new piece so they are on Yea Forums pretending they are being productive?

What about posters who don't even listen to music but are just here to make gusic threads?

how are you supposed to know who has played what?

Mobrap/Ghoul
youtu.be/4Us5ltqlUpw

The duo that destroys /classical/

Attached: 1552198802463.jpg (594x588, 126K)

acceptable

only slightly better than posers who only listen

i can just tell

Why aren't you listening to Marin Marais you faggots?

Attached: Marin_Marais.jpg (800x600, 98K)

Osmo vanska

Reger

youtube.com/watch?v=jKXctuSs8VM

How did you dress? What about everyone else?

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=Eg7WsTuxMSQ

Strauss

youtube.com/watch?v=pBHCROEBsWM

shit piece
shit interpreter
shit piano

Big Yikes

The 41 is vastly superior. The andante of the symphony 40 is remarkably unimpressive, plus the finale doesn't compete with the contrapuntal intricacy of the Jupiter symphony

>The andante of the symphony 40 is remarkably unimpressive
Fuck you, that andante is romantic and beautiful af

Stop having opinions.

One was a normal subscription concert of the local orchestra, I just dress normally in a comfy sweater, some other Yuppies wear shirts or polos, most older people are still dressed in suits, a lot of boomers don't wear ties anymore. You can never be too overdressed, but I feel comfortable in a sweater.
The other concert was part of a festival with a guest orchestra, so I wore a suit with tie. It doesn't even have a dress-code anymore or they surely don't enforce it. I saw some Asians wearing really ugly street clothes.

but I am
youtu.be/W--OjtoAV0w

what is the best way to get into orlando de lasso / lassus. cd recommendation please.

as though there is any competition between K.543, 550 and 551. all three are exit level.

Entry level**

>Entry level

no-one actually believes this.

Stop pretending that Mozart is some sekrit club composer, Its embarrassing

Those amazing works are entry- level and there's nothing wrong with that

Reminder that andante is skippable in any piece and the only thing worth listening to in a symphony is the coda.

i´m not saying they are obscure. just that they are the best you can get in symphonic music.

Part
youtube.com/watch?v=7vdgZAJVnes

I consider Beethoven's 7, 9, 3 and 6 as well as Schubert's 9 to be better than Mozart's 40/41. Am I a pleb?

I have absolute pitch and learned to play the clarinet but you will probably hate my opinions anyway.

yes. except for schubert 9, which is better than any symphony by beethoven. first movement anyway.

>Am I a pleb?
No, dont fall for the Mofart meme

Based satan

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=cbizB6NqiuY

Beethoven's 9th is alright until the finale which is just embarrassing

>alright
>the finale [...]embarrassing
How much of an edgy contrarian...

not all mozart is entry-level
the typical pattern for pianists is to deride mozart as simple when they're young and realize how good it really is when they are old and wise

he used to be a revolutionary until the top 10 anime betrayal of Napoleon. And what was Beethoven's answer? Some general hippie message in the last movement while accepting the restoration of monarchy.

>typical pattern for pianists is to deride mozart as simple when they're young and realize how good it really is when they are old and wise
HAHAHAHAHAHaha

Attached: 957902.jpg (251x299, 23K)

Probably von bingen. Hopefully she didn't have too stank of a medieval nun pussy tho

>politics affects quality of music
music's not for you

Gould died too early to become wise

but music was often influenced by politics. Since we are on the topic of beethoven, what about his 5th piano concerto? You want to tell me this is not political?

Beethoven was also influenced by the shits he took, that doesn't mean his fossilized sewage is a natural lens for his art

Mozart died too late

It absolutely does. Music doesn't exist in a vacuum when you're not trying to make Absolute music. And Beethoven wasn't, since he had a text with a specific clear message in the final movement of the 9th. And that text is gay as fuck

Your originality is the clearest indication of your quality as a critic.

Doesn't matter, the politics around it doesn't make that symphony any less perfect. And really how can the lyrics even begin to matter? They sing hippie bullshit but it's a beautiful musical act. They might be singing gibberish for all I care and the music would not suffer. Politics do not affect the quality of music.

lol, Lully had the monopoly on music in France until he stabbed his own foot and died from the infection. Soviet composers had to write in an understandable style or they faced to be banned to Siberia. Nazi government made a list of rules what could and couldn't be used for composing music. Censors of a lot of European governments controlled the libretti of operas and oftentimes demanded changes.

>And really how can the lyrics even begin to matter?
Art isn't for you

I know that politics alter or altogether suppress the liberty of composers, my point is that ONCE the piece is done, politics do not dictate whether it's good or bad. Music stands for itself once it is created, even if other aspects alter the gestation itself. That symphony might have come out differently had Beethoven not been politically involved, but as it stands, politcs don't make it any less perfect.
Fuck off, go read a poem.

The only people who could arrive at such a conclusion as "Mozart was entry-level" are the kinds of people who judge everything based on how high the numbers are.
>how many fugatos he could cram into a single piece
>how many modulations he mustered in the developments
>how big and epic the orchestral scoring is
>how many variations on the theme he pulled out
>how long he drew his dissonances out without resolving
None of these are viable assessments for how good a piece of music is.

it's funny how this general sometimes acts as if what's said here is going to rewrite history or change the opinions of anyone whose opinions matter

>change the opinions of anyone whose opinions matter
It's interesting to us, therefore it matters to us. We have absolutely no grand delusions concerning our irrelevance in history, we're on a bloody anonymous anime imageboard for God's sakes

>We have absolutely no grand delusions concerning our irrelevance in history

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>Sonata No.1 in F Sharp Minor Op.11 "Grosse Sonate"
that Aria is unbearably beautiful

Attached: WTYVXEA.jpg (880x1010, 72K)

I think the universal meaning of entry-level is something essential, famous and accesible
Mozart is all of this
Maybe we should stop using terms like these "entry-level exit-level"
It gets blurry and its very reddit anyway

The motives don't have to match up with the benefits, faggot
Everyone knows we only post here because we can't stand the thought of other people having unwarranted wrong opinions. But the upside is we occasionally get some interesting discussion to read through, and interesting music to listen to.

but then what buzzords would we use to demonstrate our superioirty and deride other posters?

>The motives don't have to match up with the benefits, faggot
I didn't even imply that, lol, all I said is that the more seriously you take your opinions (by the by, by their very nature, all opinions are unwarranted, "wrong" or not) the more hilarious you all are. I'm not even telling you to stop, I mean, you're hilarious.
Now post music, cockholster
youtube.com/watch?v=wckEFGK2q1s

The classic pleb-patrician of course

goddamn I love that piece, the best thing to come out of the SVS
who would have thought that atonality/dodecaphonism/serialism etc could be so emotional

Don't you mean that only people that DON'T think mozart was entry level would think this way?
The only way you'd think Mozart ISN'T entry-level is if you judge music by big numbers, "how many fugatos he could cram into a single piece" "how many modulations he mustered in the developments" etc. None of which are an assessment to how good a piece is, all of which are precisely what's used by Mozartfags to praise him

How about we don't do that

What would the fucking point be then; looking at the state of the general and judging by its content, that's 2/3rds of its raison d'être

>What would the fucking point be then
The remaining 1/3rd

boring people?

To talk about classical music, theory, and find new music

Here?? ludicrous. Inconcievable.

Because I've never heard of this nonentity before.

Attached: 111837-full.png (187x140, 33K)

Question. Why is Schubert's 9th symphony finished when his 8th famously is not?

Attached: 1499934669722.jpg (600x451, 20K)

Your mom died too late, because you were born.

Attached: 1555263496060.jpg (549x554, 41K)

cuz he left the eighth unfinished in order to finish his ninth? A composed rarely waits until one work is done and published before beginning work on another, with a few notable exceptions

stop talking to yourself.

I figured opuses we're catalogued by date of completion.

>, all of which are precisely what's used by Mozartfags to praise him
Nice strawman. The best quality of Mozart is his phrasing, the way any one of his pieces seems to spin out from its thematic material as naturally as breathing.

i remember someone from here wrote a fanfiction about that... good 'ol times

Attached: 5b0293e45e3280b8afeb8d89810b6d2b.png (400x575, 310K)

Stop using the old numbering system for Schubert. There is no 9th symphony.

Rarely. Sometimes it's by the date the composer begun the work, sometimes by date of publication, sometimes the opus number is changed on further revisions, sometimes it's aboslutely random.

Robert Schumann
youtube.com/watch?v=EClZICLRxrE

Carreño

youtube.com/watch?v=IUg9sBWIpe0

>latin american composers

Attached: nothanks.jpg (380x380, 61K)

There is absolutely no inherent reason why music and poetry shouldn't go together, and why when they do go together (like in Beethoven's 9th) the poetry part of it should be disregarded like you want
Beethoven picked lyrics for a reason

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=XHgCHSRhSME
youtube.com/watch?v=JRl8YyeWG3c

Attached: 47684625_423277355132995_1658900769841086464_n.jpg (960x595, 38K)

>There is absolutely no inherent reason why music and poetry shouldn't go together
There's no inherent reason why they should, either, but music will continue to be music without lyrics, and lyrics without music exists as poetry. All this sounds obvious, but then agian I'm not the only one implying that if you don't care about lyrics "art is not for you hurhurhur". Music can do, and can do very well, without words.

Boring and shit.

stay mad boy

Attached: pepe 6.jpg (736x736, 69K)

>mad
Yes it makes me so mad that you have shit taste, I'm just, boiling over here

Attached: grinning suave hispanic.png (600x600, 668K)

Attached: wojak_23.jpg (583x616, 27K)

Attached: urnial.jpg (480x640, 38K)

now THIS is europe.

wir leben in einer gesellschaft

Attached: E85MFin.jpg (634x976, 226K)

we live in a society

Attached: Joaquin-Phoenix-Joker.jpg (768x1151, 193K)

get out

I know this isn't classical music, but I figure this would be the best place to ask since it isn't big enough to make a thread about it. Could any of you recommend me some artists who make music similar to youtu.be/7HKbmqfl5VM ? It sounds like some typical 90s movie intro but that's all I can say about. And no, I don't like Mac Miller. Just thought that intro was very pretty.

>I know this isn't classical music
stopped reading

Welp, Mahler just came on the radio. Guess its beddiebyes for me frens.

Attached: 1465919757691.png (697x642, 41K)

Thank fuck; make sure to die in your sleep

any tips for an aspiring composer?

Do it for the money-- there's no other reason to do it anymore. Compose shitty poppy soundtracks for shit films like pirates of the caribean. Otherwise don't even bother.

IS this shit?

Attached: download (1).jpg (560x707, 69K)

I don't know, I'm not a dummy

What do you guys recommend? I need something that's completely entry level.

Buy early haydn sonatas and struggle through it like a frenchman trying to read an english newspaper. The fastest way to learn is throwing yourself into the deep end.
Oh, and make sure you sit straight, shoulders relaxed, fingers curved naturally, forearms parallel to the ground. The rest is in the practice.

a teacher

no one likes the menuets

You might be fucking with me, but I might just go ahead and pull a david and goliath on this shit.

Correct

That's where you're wrong, kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=ci-PTOKqsHY

>took this to my teacher today expecting her to tell me you could play this in a few months or so
>told me i could play this now after i finish beethoven sonatina in f major

hope you are having a great day frens

Attached: 1522794924693.png (657x527, 44K)

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=JrqUNvON6nc

lol, what would seem difficult about it? Just be sure to play the Robert Levin version and record it (because that retard forgot to).

youtube.com/watch?v=Ilrnj7hPCDM

i'm still somewhat new to piano, and ill try to transcribe robert levin's version too

I simultaneously love and hate that some composers (Mozart, Schubert, Haydn et al) have such a fucking vast oeuvre. Seems like if you want to dedicate yourself to listening to these people's works you have to forsake everything else.

Its simple, I just avoid anything with a sub300 K number.

how about tempo di menuet

youtube.com/watch?v=H2YbmQrSzyw

yeah but after you listen to the 7th haydn sonata in a row and realise it's still boring, it's safe to stop there without worrying about the rest.
On the other hand, if you're listening to some composer's works and loving every piece, you should be happy that they wrote so much. If it's a chore to work through a listen to, then stop; otherwise, keep going with pleasure.

What was the first work in sonata form ever?

Attached: 4629684390.jpg (900x602, 186K)

:)

Attached: Ljubica Marić.png (513x696, 676K)

was going to try and make a post complaining about how Haydn is boring but this sonata I'm listening to is pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=4ruKPCmWNEI

It's not so much a chore as a matter of time and space, so to speak

it was just called "sonata" and then everyone ripped the structure off and called it their "sonata", I think it was written by some monk in the 1430s by the name of Stultus Questione or something like that

Of course. But don't forget, once you finally do reach the last of a composers works, especially if it's a composer you really like, it's actually quite a sad and disappointing moment. There'll be nothing new from them, no more unheard works to explore anymore.
Cherish the journey while you still can.

but I'm sort of a completionist, which is why my favourite composers are people who left behind only, like, 20-40 hours of music, they give rest to my neurosis

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=UNVMyUaeISY

If you like that sort of thing, you could always listen to the complete String Quartets of X composer, or the complete Violin works of Y composer; that might give you a similar satisfaction without the daunting undertaking of hundreds of hours of music.

Yeah.
For example, he could listen to the complete Bach cantatas.

BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE OTHER STUFF SOUNDS LIKE
Fuck it, I'll just get two or three external drives and dedicate the next ten years of my life to listening to those composers and nothing else. Then I shall promptly collapse and die, my last words a mumbled medley of whatever melody I can still recall in my dehidrated, obsessed crazed state. Surely there are worse ways to die.

I'm happy for you and glad you've found purpose in life, user.

yeah, well, first I'll explore more compact composers, something I can listen to in a month or two going one hour per day

Why did you just make a bunch of shit up?

lol

because it was a stultus quaestione

your mom is a stultus quaesstione. For instance, why did she have you?

S E E T H I N G

and the questionnes just keep piling up.

shhh it'll be alright

quite epic

ebin*

Not him, but what is stupid about asking what the first piece to feature sonata form is?

it's stupid to ask it here instead of just googling it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonata

Not him but I like asking things here more than looking for them myself

Not him but I like cocks in and around my mouth and asshole btw

that's fine when looking for opinions, guidance, *short* explanations and the like, but you can't come here and demand a brief history lesson on a rather complicated topic, otherwise you get the shameful chain of idiocy you got

That's fine whenever actually. And he didn't exactly demand a brief history lesson

sure

>"Mozart was black"

Attached: disdain for negroes.jpg (409x397, 64K)

youtube.com/watch?v=znXebwm7RRo

Nobody actually says that. They do say it about Beethoven tho.

because it's true, Beethoven was a roman half negro

Attached: roman half negro.jpg (1080x1440, 307K)

>t. Eggplant

Attached: Dennis-Hopper-Clifford-Worley-True-Romance.jpg (400x200, 62K)

anyone here like this thing?
youtube.com/watch?v=F40X8bRxKI4

If you don't, you're at least 1 of those things the music is arranged for.

I mean, what's wrong with it?

it's a little prolix
im not a bassoon ur a bassoon m8

>prolix
I'm sorry? Do you like your music sloppily played or what?

Attached: what is this.jpg (447x380, 31K)

I don't get it when he states a theme on the piano, then restates it the exact same on the winds.
>What did Mozart mean by this?

>I don't get it
I don't get what it is you don't get. Is this some sort of joke about classical forms being too "classical" or what?

my waifu is better AND cuter :^)

Attached: 01_Kapralova.jpg (400x600, 113K)

your waifu looks like a lesbian

>I don't get what it is you don't get. Is this some sort of joke about classical forms being too "classical" or what?
I might just be retarded. But I posted initially because I'm used to Mozart being a lot more succinct, and not so regular and symmetrical as this.

dude did a lotta things in different ways

you better delet this...
youtube.com/watch?v=QbKMaxL5sz8

Attached: STAND_VITULKA2.jpg (1600x1067, 678K)

sorry man, she looks like a 13 year old boy

plz respect his waifu ty

shut up samefag

But I'm not that guy.

Hey /classical/ can you tell me where's the best place for me to buy manga in Japanese, thanks

Bach in some weird tuning
youtube.com/watch?v=STij8KmsgcI
>grotesque passacaglia
Yeah she's a grotesque passacaglia alright

fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=JF2KtMS0t84
imagine how cute she looked while writing this

Attached: roxanna.jpg (333x500, 34K)

Attached: yawn.jpg (728x546, 40K)

Sorry man she's got that jawline

No, I agree with you on that, it's everything else about your post that tells you you should fuck off elsewhere

Stanchinsky is BASED
why did he had to die so young, bros?

youtube.com/watch?v=dF4pD4Aavp8
youtube.com/watch?v=b5fvk5wR-xM
youtube.com/watch?v=w0MsxuhZFHI

Attached: justroteblick.jpg (444x600, 153K)

yeah but shes cute and her dad is based as fuck so ill pretend its really good. some nice voicings at least in the beginning

Attached: roxanna 2.jpg (333x500, 26K)

She looks like an average 90s sitcom mom/aunt

What, you don't like Bach in 392 hz

>She looks like an average 90s sitcom mom/aunt
>implying thats a bad thing

Attached: smuk_skriab 2.jpg (400x521, 62K)

>why did he had to die so young, bros?
so that he wouldn't live long enough to fuck up

it's pretty fucking basic and, unless you're on your 40s, pretty creepy

Attached: 182036-004-39731BEC.jpg (415x350, 25K)

did he ever do anything other than piano solo works?

there's the piano trio that guy posted

just the trio, i think...

>greek furries

could you STOP bullying her please

also, post medtner
youtube.com/watch?v=6ME05uEzfjs

Attached: xa4ez.jpg (456x320, 31K)

I didn't post that (and didn't realise there was a trio amongst the links) but the guy piqued my interest and looked him up and it seemed like it was all piano

literally WHO are these Scriabin wannabes?

youtube.com/watch?v=e3ZFE86QShA i dont care if this piece is a meme its still great. messiaen was great when he wrote consonant sounding things

>literally WHO are these Scriabin wannabes?
these guys sound nothing like post sonata 5 scriabin lol

Attached: messiaen looking for the composing secret.jpg (564x384, 34K)

He does that a lot in his chamber music, actually. A theme in, say, his Trio for Piano, Clarinet and Viola will get bounced around by any of these three instruments, or he'll pull an older theme and have it be played by someone else as a counterpoint.

>post sonata 5 scriabin
id est, the bulk of his work
>i dont care if this piece is a meme
who says it's a meme?

>who says it's a meme?
its popular and its tonal. there are bound to be people calling it a meme

>its popular and its tonal
So are most of the greatest works of all time. I'll accept someone calling Stockhausen a meme, but for fuck's sake, that's one of the best chamber works of the XXth century

>its popular and its tonal.
I tought that atonal music was supposed to be the "meme".

Five best piano sonatas 1780-1890 GO

Is that Xenakis?

addendum: for piano solo

yep

looks like it

Wagner
youtube.com/watch?v=9CSI10u7swM

fuck wagnuh

who's that

w*gner

what are you instrument playing lads learning?
for me, its the tempest sonata, im having a ball of a time. not sure where I should go next though, the piece I want to play more than anything is at least the arietta of the 32nd sonata but Im not sure if I am technically ready
youtube.com/watch?v=qMTYRi7-sPI

Tears of St Peter, I've only seen it live so I can't give CD recs

i quit playing classical guitar a few months ago. im a meal fag now. not really learning anything in particular working on my writing and technique.

god i hate those 2setviolin chinks

Beethoven No. 28
Beethoven No. 29
Beethoven No. 30
Beethoven No. 31
Beethoven No. 32

based retard

>he thinks "sonata" is some sort of universal and historically consistent term

Attached: Alessandro_Scarlatti.jpg (250x328, 19K)

Hardly a menuett

I watch them for the memes

Petzold

The trinity of
Petzold
Petzold
Petzold

Wolf
youtube.com/watch?v=7Tp4clxuIOM

Attached: wolfie.jpg (400x548, 53K)

Based

>post medtner
Here we go
youtu.be/F3AGC6YPwX4
I can't get the theme out of my head

Medtner is much more contrapuntual than Scriabin and Medtner never wanted to leave tonality even though he sometimes sounds like he's about to break it

But they both have that "Russian style" i guess

Attached: 1553438780321.png (720x790, 807K)

bach

Your waifu looks like a 12 year old boy

Attached: 220px-Grazyna_bacewicz.jpg (220x317, 14K)

>That filename

Delete this immediately. There's no way in hell Messiaen is learning anything from that idiot, Xenakis.

fuck the minuet movements

c'est une blague

Attached: smuk_bussy 2.jpg (600x800, 71K)

If you think that makes sense as a joke or Debussy looks smug in that picture then you have autism.

why are you so upset

Attached: smuk_takemitsu.jpg (620x415, 44K)

I'm not that upset.

not him, but probably because xenakis was a delusional peasant who should go back to building bridges

understood.

i dont even like xenakis lmao. his music doesnt create any moods for me and has no melody. its just a shitpost filename

Does anyone have that paper about how Xenakis thought harmony didn't even exist?

Why is takemitsu so good bros?
youtube.com/watch?v=va5SAYqFOec
youtube.com/watch?v=t21DkLUYF0w

He has some cool buildings

Attached: Expo58_building_Philips.jpg (1200x1070, 143K)

Because he learned from the best

Attached: messiaen.jpg (225x225, 6K)

both based posts. takemitsu's orchestration and harmony are so rich. i like to think he appreciated szymanowskis later works and possible even scriabin
youtube.com/watch?v=ftaC90mOcFE
youtube.com/watch?v=LFExkkNdVCc

youtube.com/watch?v=GoImjQOEp-Q name a more underrated 20th century opera.

Attached: breakfast bartok.jpg (468x678, 43K)

I like Xenakis' music.

Attached: 1548208649679.jpg (1024x831, 97K)

delete this

Attached: 37237345_1930976843631209_1119749852977168384_o.jpg (1536x2048, 538K)

how is it underrated? It's getting played all the time. For example just in New York it was staged in the MET 2 months ago and last week the Budapest Festival orchestra played it in the Carnegie Hall:
wqxr.org/story/saturday-ivan-fischer-and-budapest-festival-orchestra-live-carnegie-hall/

Ok maybe not underrated by 20th century terms but underrated in general. Truthfully I just wanted an excuse to Bartokpost.

your waifu looks like this picture:

Attached: 06_Kapralova.jpg (600x338, 34K)

BVLL
youtube.com/watch?v=jmbImh_bhRg

youtube.com/watch?v=lNGnvc-ddQ8

Attached: headphones.png (354x286, 28K)

That's not my waifu. I'm sharing waifus with this guy

Bach /Ghoul
youtu.be/qEHsDe5Vaxg

Based Ghoul literally transcribing the Concerto in real time

Attached: IMG_20190415_134823.png (480x312, 39K)

is that opening music from rosenkavalier?

Really great opera. The opening chorus has to be one of the most arresting on the go.

Iannis Xenakis
youtube.com/watch?v=DODVNHukY0I

>Grug think adjacent notes most similar

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>Grug think F + G at the same time = F sharp

Attached: retard9.jpg (415x470, 39K)

Oh well. Have a listen to Franz Schmidt's opera Notre-Dame. It's pretty underrated, as is Schmidt as a composer more generally.
youtube.com/watch?v=gaqpv8mSX90

Now this is what I call a piece of Schmidt.

Attached: 4d84c785a14c337170451b0e783228bb.jpg (500x500, 212K)

what's your problem with people like Stockhausen, Xenakis and Berio my dudes? It's not common practice but that doesn't mean it's not good, interesting academic music

pfffft, never have I heard such a copout. I bet you think these turds have merit too.

Attached: NY.png (646x338, 596K)

No, I have yet to fall for the jewmerican meme, but that doesn't mean the previously mentioned composers aren't good

>21 reproductions

It's coincidence that the notre dame is burning right now?

What is good about them? Berio has a piece where a clown stumbles around on a stage producing random noises on a trombone, Stockhausen has a piece where the players walk around and go under a canopy. And as we've already established, Xenakis labors under the delusion that harmony can be replaced by clusters centered around one particular note or another. All of this is just as gimmicky nonsense as the Jewyork school produced. I'll grant that Berio's Sinfonia is an interesting and provocative work but not exactly a masterpiece beyond its outright plundering of other pieces.

>All of this is just as gimmicky nonsense
nice
O P I N I O N

Nice

R E D D I T S P A C I N G

>reddit invented spaces between letter for emphasis
how new can you be

npr.org/2019/04/15/713525879/paris-notre-dame-cathedral-in-flames

lads.....

Attached: wojack cry.png (205x246, 5K)

>Yeah, I listen to v a p o r w a v e. How could you tell?

Attached: 1548170776870.jpg (1422x1626, 170K)

REWIND TIME REWIND TIME REWIND TIME

Attached: No. 11.jpg (400x416, 107K)

don't give a shit

Tudor(the manlet with glasses) was a good pianist, missguided talent by the post-modern world may I say

Attached: 29550022_1641155082586277_99397649_n.jpg (458x418, 23K)

Is she a Spectral composer?

Attached: SN.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Yeah, she's definitely on the spectrum.

Attached: doritoface.jpg (600x600, 11K)

no shes a CUTE composer and currently a based gilf

Attached: saariaho.jpg (350x534, 22K)

>gilf

This is almost as bad as pedophilia. Like how is it not taking advantage to have sex with someone pushing 90?

Attached: 1544874173215.jpg (846x570, 148K)

Actually I just looked her up and she's not that old but my question still stands.

test

>female composers YASSSSS
>Fanny Mendelssohn>Felix Mendelssohn

Attached: 1551295300647.gif (365x400, 551K)

saariaho isnt for fugging.

based

cringe incel

Why are there no good french composers between 1750-1900?

>cringe incel
Yup i'm the incel who is listening to female composers just because they are cute
Go bach to /kpop/

because you haven't searched hard enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=APXJqTCIwtc

The real question is why are there no great Spanish composers in ever? For a Country known for possibly the greatest novelist and greatest painter of all time, their musical presence is virtually nonexistent.

Berlioz is good

I asked this a while back, and I was told it's because they have short winters and not enough frost.

New edition

>greatest novelist and greatest painter of all time

Literally whomst? They got nothing on my nigga Bosch.

You never heard of Cervantes or Velasquez?

Attached: d7hftxdivxxvm.cloudfront.net.jpg (889x1024, 156K)

Retarded reason. Spain had great composers during the renaissance

to invest THIS amount of thought into being an edgy contrarian

Goya*
How come there's so many great italian composers then (not every italian is from the north, you know)

Both Faure, Debussy and Ravel are born prior to 1900.

Attached: 1555275317530.jpg (236x236, 9K)

His point, in case you missed it, was that in his opinion all three of those (not to mention people like Berlioz, Bizet, D'indy, Franck, etc) are shit. It's a retarded opinion and/or a weak troll, but here we are.

Better question: Are there any good french composers after 1900 other than Messiaen?

Ravel

Ravel is born decades before Messiaen.

But composed music in the XX century

Yeah, I'm just ignoring his "point" to piss him off.

But I meant composers who begun their careers after 1900